Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snoke in Episodes VIII

+48
Saracene
rawpowah
californiagirl
nickandnora
DeeBee
Irina de France
lauvamp
Geralt_Riv
MrsWindu
Forsythia
Darth_marshmallow
Hasi
reylo1992
ZioRen
Piper Maru
Armadeus
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dementor
Slade
Macha Ren
spacebaby45678
Darth Rowan
Rogue Rey
snufkin
ReyofLightSide
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
vaderito
Kessel
Kylo Ren
SanghaRen
Helix
Little_Boots
guardienne
Sylvia Snow
CienaRee
creepi0
Rimfaxe96
Jozie
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
panki
SoloSideCousin
Rei of Sunshine
nonesuch
Reylo Lemon
52 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 4 Empty Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII

Post by snufkin Mon 16 May 2016, 6:10 pm

Snoke is definitely the Dark Fairy Tale element that makes you wonder how much Doctor Who the writers/new team have watched. Would definitely bet that he had a hand in Rey ended up alone and on Jakku.
vaderito wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:
vaderito wrote:So who takes him down? The Trinity? The Chosen Two? or just one, Rey or Kylo?
@vaderito

Let it be Leia please. Twisted Evil Or Luke.
@Rimfaxe96

he's Kylo's antagonist like Palp was Vader's. So he should take him down. But if Snoke does something to him and incapacitate him, than he becomes antagonist of the person who cares about Kylo.
@vaderito

Or Jabba was to Han. And we know who ended up taking out Jabba, so that might be something in the cards for Rey.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 6:21 pm

@snufkin Jabba is perfect example of antagonist switch. He carbonized Leia's lover and enslaved Leia, so he became her antagonist more than his. However, considering that Snoke poisoned Ben from childhood, it's hard to make him stronger antagonist to anyone but Ben.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 16 May 2016, 6:33 pm

vaderito wrote:@snufkin Jabba is perfect example of antagonist switch. He carbonized Leia's lover and enslaved Leia, so he became her antagonist more than his. However, considering that Snoke poisoned Ben from childhood, it's hard to make him stronger antagonist to anyone but Ben.
@vaderito

If that KY10REY tweet ends up having any truth behind it, we might find out that Snoke was responsible for Rey being dumped on Jakku. So wouldn't that make him an antagonist of both Rey and Ben/Kylo?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 6:44 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
vaderito wrote:@snufkin Jabba is perfect example of antagonist switch. He carbonized Leia's lover and enslaved Leia, so he became her antagonist more than his. However, considering that Snoke poisoned Ben from childhood, it's hard to make him stronger antagonist to anyone but Ben.
@vaderito

If that KY10REY tweet ends up having any truth behind it, we might find out that Snoke was responsible for Rey being dumped on Jakku. So wouldn't that make him an antagonist of both Rey and Ben/Kylo?
@ISeeAnIsland

Perfect for Adam and Eve to take him down.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Mon 16 May 2016, 7:45 pm

The two Snoke threads have been merged to make one discussion thread.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 7:46 pm

What was the other one, Snoke is Plagueis? Laughing Laughing Laughing Did we ever have that one?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 16 May 2016, 7:55 pm

vaderito wrote:What was the other one, Snoke is Plagueis? Laughing Laughing Laughing Did we ever have that one?
@vaderito
Snoke is Plagieus and Rey is a Skywalker and Jyn Erso will be Skymon and Finn/Rey will be endgame and they will kill Kylo Ren together.

Oh wait.

Pablo: "Snoke is not Plagieus."
JJ: "Rey's parents aren't in Episode VII." (nobody cares about meaningless damage control)
Daisy: "Just because she's white and got brown hair doesn't mean she's my mum."
John Boyega: "Finn and Rey are just friends. The romance won't go the way you think."

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 4 Tumblr_n8rtxgfdor1qb6v80o1_500
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 16 May 2016, 8:03 pm

@vaderito

I agree. If we look at it this way, we still don't know why Snoke is so threatened by Luke. I mean, it SEEMS like Luke was just minding his own business and focusing on restoring the Jedi order and studying their lore. It didn't seem like he was looking for any sort of trouble. What is Snoke's beef with Luke? Maybe Snoke even targeted Ben to get him on his side so that it would be easier to get to Luke. You would have expected Luke to raise an army, hop on board an X-wing and hunt down Snoke, but instead he becomes depressed and goes into exile...Snoke was probably counting on that....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 8:04 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
vaderito wrote:What was the other one, Snoke is Plagueis? Laughing Laughing Laughing Did we ever have that one?
@vaderito
Snoke is Plagieus and Rey is a Skywalker and Jyn Erso will be Skymon and Finn/Rey will be endgame and they will kill Kylo Ren together.

Oh wait.

Pablo: "Snoke is not Plagieus."
JJ: "Rey's parents aren't in Episode VII." (nobody cares about meaningless damage control)
Daisy: "Just because she's white and got brown hair doesn't mean she's my mum."
John Boyega: "Finn and Rey are just friends. The romance won't go the way you think."

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 4 Tumblr_n8rtxgfdor1qb6v80o1_500
@FrolickingFizzgig

Surely all misdirection? Laughing Laughing Laughing

@Mana I don't know if his beef is with Luke or with kind of Jedi he could bring with him. Because I have a feeling that Snoke's scars, especially the head one, are from a LS. That a Jedi did it. And I remember that Snoke is supposed to be a very ancient being. So who's to say that he wasn't bested by the First Jedi?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 16 May 2016, 8:15 pm

@vaderito I think Snoke may have had dealings with Luke in the past...hence Luke feeling guilty and going into exile
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 8:29 pm

Mana wrote:@vaderito I think Snoke may have had dealings with Luke in the past...hence Luke feeling guilty and going into exile
@Mana

Luke certainly failed to break Snoke's spell on Ben. But Rey will succeed with her enchanted Prince.

Anyway

God

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 4 Star-wars-7-force-awakens-script-reveals-luke-skywalker-s-response-to-rey-810072

Adam

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 4 TFA%20-%20Unmasking%20of%20Ben_zps9ae04n6h
Snake sound, hissing, rattling

Eve

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 4 0ngicp8
Eats the fruit

Tree

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 4 Screen32

Snake

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 4 Latest?cb=20160103063418

Where it all began

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbsg5R1VDpQUK8ik3z-P1BCrJE0AiXGieAmeSstDcHxuUBIlX_
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 16 May 2016, 9:19 pm

vaderito wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

@vaderito

That's the conclusion I came to after my first viewing, that he's also behind how she ended up by herself on Jakku and likely killed her parents.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 16 May 2016, 9:26 pm

snufkin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

@vaderito

That's the conclusion I came to after my first viewing, that he's also behind how she ended up by herself on Jakku and likely killed her parents.
@snufkin

This got me thinking... If Rey ends up "flirting with the dark side" in this trilogy, perhaps that would have to do with her taking down Snoke (i.e. revenge).

I'm less and less inclined to think that any dark side dabbling on Rey's part will have to do with Kylo (beyond him being a temptation and his "darkness" leeching into her a bit), but finding out that Snoke was responsible for her being dumped on Jakku and/or killing her parents? Yeah, I can buy some real rage on her part at that.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Mon 16 May 2016, 10:30 pm

Snoke against the Skywalker  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 4 Tumblr_md0tp21HyH1qkyhuao3_500
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Mon 16 May 2016, 10:42 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

@vaderito

@snufkin

This got me thinking... If Rey ends up "flirting with the dark side" in this trilogy, perhaps that would have to do with her taking down Snoke (i.e. revenge).

I'm less and less inclined to think that any dark side dabbling on Rey's part will have to do with Kylo (beyond him being a temptation and his "darkness" leeching into her a bit), but finding out that Snoke was responsible for her being dumped on Jakku and/or killing her parents? Yeah, I can buy some real rage on her part at that.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think that is where this might end up. She was handed over to Unkar in the flashback, and in the present we saw Unkar make a call to presumably the First Order so that is a connection. The ship in her flashback flew into a red light.

As to why Snoke had her put there- maybe he did forsee she would destroy him.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 16 May 2016, 11:00 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

@vaderito

@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 17 May 2016, 4:34 pm

I was looking at Brian Kesinger's Lil' Kylo drawings with Kylo dragging his Vader doll around. And suddenly I had this image from a Supernatural episode where Sam meets his childhood imaginary friend. What if Snoke was Ben's imaginary friend? Leia knew about the imaginary friend, who sounded a bit scary to her, but then Ben stopped talking about him so she thought he was gone for good. That's why she did not mention him in Bloodline. But then when she heard that Ben disappeared with a guy named Snoke, she remembered and realized that Ben was telling the truth and the childhood friend was not imaginary. Yes, I know, it's crazy and kind of scary.

I really wonder if Snoke was physically around Ben or only in his mind. If physically around, how come no one remembers him?
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 17 May 2016, 4:59 pm

SanghaRen wrote:I was looking at Brian Kesinger's Lil' Kylo drawings with Kylo dragging his Vader doll around. And suddenly I had this image from a Supernatural episode where Sam meets his childhood imaginary friend. What if Snoke was Ben's imaginary friend? Leia knew about the imaginary friend, who sounded a bit scary to her, but then Ben stopped talking about him so she thought he was gone for good. That's why she did not mention him in Bloodline. But then when she heard that Ben disappeared with a guy named Snoke, she remembered and realized that Ben was telling the truth and the childhood friend was not imaginary. Yes, I know, it's crazy and kind of scary.

I really wonder if Snoke was physically around Ben or only in his mind. If physically around, how come no one remembers him?
@SanghaRen

Holy sith
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jozie Tue 17 May 2016, 5:14 pm

SanghaRen wrote:I was looking at Brian Kesinger's Lil' Kylo drawings with Kylo dragging his Vader doll around. And suddenly I had this image from a Supernatural episode where Sam meets his childhood imaginary friend. What if Snoke was Ben's imaginary friend? Leia knew about the imaginary friend, who sounded a bit scary to her, but then Ben stopped talking about him so she thought he was gone for good. That's why she did not mention him in Bloodline. But then when she heard that Ben disappeared with a guy named Snoke, she remembered and realized that Ben was telling the truth and the childhood friend was not imaginary. Yes, I know, it's crazy and kind of scary.

@SanghaRen

I subscribe to that theory 100% (I even wrote about it once in the thread "General Snoke discussion" but it's gone now Sad). Add to that the fact that the mysterious Snoke has no permanent base of operations, preferring to contact his underlings from a mobile command post. (that's from offcial SW database). I can totally see him orbiting around Kylo's home planet, invading his mind 24/7. Makes me so sad :<
Jozie
Jozie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Tue 17 May 2016, 5:26 pm

@SanghaRen

Oh man poor tiny Ben Sad Sad

Kind of reminds me of the film Drop Dead Fred (staring the late great Rik Mayall and Carrie Fisher has a role in) I don't know why but whenever anyone mentions imaginary friends I always think of this film.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Tue 17 May 2016, 5:52 pm

Jozie wrote:

I subscribe to that theory 100% (I even wrote about it once in the thread "General Snoke discussion" but it's gone now Sad). Add to that the fact that the mysterious Snoke has no permanent base of operations, preferring to contact his underlings from a mobile command post. (that's from offcial SW database). I can totally see him orbiting around Kylo's home planet, invading his mind 24/7. Makes me so sad :<

@SanghaRen, that is an awesome theory. I really hope that they do something like this, because as you say it would perfectly explain what can be perceived as an inconsistency between TFA and Bloodline - in TFA Leia says she's been aware of Snoke's influencing Ben from early on and that's why she "sent him (Ben) away" to train with Luke, so it's weird she's not worried about Snoke in Bloodline.

@Jozie The "General Snoke Discussion" thread is not gone; it was merged into this one, as indicated in the announcement by MoonlitMoss. Your post is still there. n_n

And I agree with you re: Snoke being around Ben mentally more than physically. I find it highly unlikely that Leia, who is FS, would have met Snoke and let him be around young Ben without realizing something was up with that dude. Though we can argue the same thing happened with Palpatine and Anakin and the whole of the Jedi Council, but maternal instinct has to factor in for something, right? XD

Besides to me the degree of blindness that Mace Windu and Yoda had regarding Sidious had more to do with their own arrogance than with Sidious' power to disguise himself and cloud their vision. But I digress. u_u
All speculation and perhaps wishful thinking on my part, meh.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Tue 17 May 2016, 5:57 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:
Jozie wrote:

@SanghaRen, that is an awesome theory. I really hope that they do something like this, because as you say it would perfectly explain what can be perceived as an inconsistency between TFA and Bloodline - in TFA Leia says she's been aware of Snoke's influencing Ben from early on and that's why she "sent him (Ben) away" to train with Luke, so it's weird she's not worried about Snoke in Bloodline.

@Jozie The "General Snoke Discussion" thread is not gone; it was merged into this one, as indicated in the announcement by MoonlitMoss. Your post is still there. n_n

And I agree with you re: Snoke being around Ben mentally more than physically. I find it highly unlikely that Leia, who is FS, would have met Snoke and let him be around young Ben without realizing something was up with that dude. Though we can argue the same thing happened with Palpatine and Anakin and the whole of the Jedi Council, but maternal instinct has to factor in for something, right? XD

Besides to me the degree of blindness that Mace Windu and Yoda had regarding Sidious had more to do with their own arrogance than with Sidious' power to disguise himself and cloud their vision. But I digress. u_u
All speculation and perhaps wishful thinking on my part, meh.
@Darth Rowan

Snoke just gets creepier and creepier by the day. Of course this is all speculation on our part, but if the actually SL is half as good as this theory then it will make for some skin crawling yet compelling viewing which AD will totally blow out of the water - even with the slight hitch/crack in his voice - he just knows how to convey such emotion with so little.

As for Windu and Yoda - they were totally blind right to the end and as @vaderito and I discussed during the AOTC + ROTS viewing parties they kind of deserved to be dragged off their self appointed pedestals because of their sheer blind arrogance.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jozie Tue 17 May 2016, 6:59 pm

@Darth Rowan
Oops, my bad Smile. Yes, it's here, if anyone's interested, here's the relevant fragment:
Jozie wrote:My theory: [Snoke] wasn't a member of the senate and never knew Leia, Han or Ben personally. I like the idea that he's super old, maybe at some point he tried to seize power but lost (leaving him disfigured) and from then he waited for a good moment. He saw it after the Empire finally fell and there were no siths anymore to challenge him... He knew Ben will be special, so maybe he orbited around their planet (?) and somehow established connection with him. Sort of a "imaginary friend", manipulating little Ben, telling him that its their secret, etc. Now, how does Leia know about Snoke? I think she noticed Ben says things he wouldn't normally say, she confronted him about it and little Ben finally told her his secret. That's when Leia sends him away... and we know the rest.

I soooo want it to be true! To me, it fits perfectly. We know Snoke is not a type to act openly. He's afraid of confronting Luke, probably changes his location all the time, when you look at his injuries, well... he was defeated once for sure, so maybe he's not that great at fighting physically. But mentally... The supreme Leader is wise. Smile

And, let's not forget that in the novelization Leia said that Snoke was watching Ben "from the shadows". Why would she say that if he was a family friend/politician/teacher? It also makes me think of the Garden of Eden parallels many of you noticed with Snoke=Snake. I'm not sure about the Bible, but in Paradise Lost Satan is very friendly towards Eve.
Jozie
Jozie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 17 May 2016, 7:36 pm

@SanghaRen

Oh that is brilliantly creepy! Snoke was originally in the vision with the little boy .... So chilling.

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 18 May 2016, 2:18 am

@Jozie

I am sorry, I hadn't seen your post  Embarassed I went back and saw it now. Funny, how these ideas start converging. We must be on to something Smile

If you think of it, this is really a long term plan from Snoke that requires a lot of committment. He would have to be on the watch all the time. He must really want Kylo. Why? Kylo is even more powerful than we think? Kylo has a role to play in some sort of prophecy? He hates the Skywalkers and | or the jedis? All three?
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next