Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snoke in Episodes VIII

+48
Saracene
rawpowah
californiagirl
nickandnora
DeeBee
Irina de France
lauvamp
Geralt_Riv
MrsWindu
Forsythia
Darth_marshmallow
Hasi
reylo1992
ZioRen
Piper Maru
Armadeus
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dementor
Slade
Macha Ren
spacebaby45678
Darth Rowan
Rogue Rey
snufkin
ReyofLightSide
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
vaderito
Kessel
Kylo Ren
SanghaRen
Helix
Little_Boots
guardienne
Sylvia Snow
CienaRee
creepi0
Rimfaxe96
Jozie
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
panki
SoloSideCousin
Rei of Sunshine
nonesuch
Reylo Lemon
52 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 3 Empty Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 27 Apr 2016, 8:05 am

So, I already said that Snoke could be a Unidentified Alien Philosopher, with a little digging, I think he could be a species called Givin
Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 3 270?cb=20150322155915

This is a Givin, they are old and wise. Pale white, skeleton facial. And that make me think if the Unidentified Alien Philosopher is a Givin, who was also the most respected among his people and maybe more superior hence his "handsome" appearance until he received the wounds
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 3 Empty Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 May 2016, 6:25 pm

Just realized we didn't have a Snoke thread LOL

So someone mentioned that Kylo and Snoke might have a Dragonheart relationship of some kind (i.e. Snoke living off Kylo in some way). I'm not sure about the specifics, but I think it's a possibility. Snoke probably does have some sick, twisted puppeteer connection to Kylo. The novelization gives a little information on the whole "Ren being hurt" thing. Snoke was trying to get into Rey's head as well, so maybe it was a reference to that even though it was ultimately removed from the film?

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 16 May 2016, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sun 15 May 2016, 6:27 pm

I just want him friggin' dead for screwing up what could have been an awesome family otherwise. Damn you. Mad
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Sun 15 May 2016, 6:35 pm

SanghaRen wrote:@Little_Boots

Indeed Snoke is breathing with difficulties in that scene - I have the movie on my iPad and they sliced it into so many chapters that it's easy to go to a specific scene. Still, it could also be that he is upset with the turn of events and not being super healthy, it's affecting his breath. I am not sure we should reead too much into it.
@SanghaRen

Well I don't know, I can see something like this to maybe create more sympathy for Kylo if he has some weird attachment to Snoke. Of course I'm guessing like crazy here, it's not set in stone. I must rematch the film though with the idea in mind and see can I spot little things. I probably won't though. We'll see. Lol
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 15 May 2016, 6:41 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

Well, we are going to have TFA Viewing Party next weekend so hopefully we get more people than usual and more observations that we didn't catch before.

But, anyway, I stand by my unpopular theory that something was off when Kylo killed Han. Manchurian!Kylo face when darkness fell says to me that there was some trigger at work. I'm not trying to excuse Kylo, just analyzing AD's performance. He wants to come with Han, tears up and sith. Than complete darkness falls. His face turns blank, eyes glassy, stabs Han. Han touches his face, falls, Kylo's watching than his eyes widen in shock, lips part as if he woke up realizing what happened. WTF was that Manchurian moment?

So that's going purely by AD performance. Now if Snoke felt weakened because Kylo was gravely injured...perhaps there's some serious strings pulling going on.

I would have cited Snoke theme played over Manchurian!Kylo/Han Slaying but recent JW comments convinced me that it was random without any deeper thought.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Sun 15 May 2016, 6:45 pm

I'm just realized something. Has anyone commented yet that both Finn and Kylo seem to come out of a trance when their faces have been touched?
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Sun 15 May 2016, 6:52 pm

Maybe Snoke is a messed up force vampire, he's pale enough.  Razz I hope we find out how he got so messed up...

also he looks like the shriveled up version of Lucifer from Shin Megami Tensei IV

Spoiler:
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 15 May 2016, 6:56 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:I just want him friggin' dead for screwing up what could have been an awesome family otherwise. Damn you. Mad
@Rimfaxe96
Inb4 arguments about how Snoke will be redeemed. Nah, I'm just kidding, though I would be totally fine with him redeeming himself a little (or a lot) depending on how the story is told. I'm not against any redemption as long as it's done well.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sun 15 May 2016, 6:58 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Inb4 arguments about how Snoke will be redeemed. Nah, I'm just kidding, though I would be totally fine with him redeeming himself a little (or a lot) depending on how the story is told. I'm not against any redemption as long as it's done well.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Like Strump (Snoke x Trump)? #mostoriginalshipever
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 15 May 2016, 7:01 pm

Little_Boots wrote:I'm just realized something. Has anyone commented yet that both Finn and Kylo seem to come out of a trance when their faces have been touched?
@Little_Boots

Now you just had me thinking of the TV show V. The one of 2009 not the older one. Anna the leader of the visitors was having these sessions where she would speak to the whole ship crew through loudspeaker and soothe them. Everyone would literally stop all activities and drink her words. Her voice was like some drug. Then everyone was happy and would continue to serve her and follow her lead with no question asked.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by creepi0 Mon 16 May 2016, 1:02 am

If Snoke backstory finally reveal i hope he's not another rip off of Palpatine. A politician who wanted gained unlimited power is kinda lame. Maybe he is connected to the church of the force , a high priest (who learned black magic like real life rasputin) perhaps. I dont know jackshit about him but he look powerfull and fragile at the same time and it seem he can foresee the future like Palpatine and real life Rasputin i guess
creepi0
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 16 May 2016, 1:08 am

creepi0 wrote:If Snoke backstory finally reveal i hope he's not another rip off of Palpatine. A politician who wanted gained unlimited power is kinda lame. Maybe he is connected to the church of the force , a high priest (who learned black magic like real life rasputin) perhaps. I dont know jackshit about him but he look powerfull and fragile at the same time and it seem he can foresee the future like Palpatine and real life Rasputin i guess
@creepi0

I'm really hoping he is some super villain....a Valkorian + Cronal hybrid....even some ancient dark force magician hiding in the unknown regions until the time was right would be good to watch.....someone that makes Palps look tame in comparison.

@vaderito

What you wrote has made me wonder- could Snoke have sounded weak because he was tired after using his power on Kylo to turn him into Manchurian!Kylo on the walkway? Snoke looks physically frail in general. Maybe these kind of powers require expending a large amount of energy.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by creepi0 Mon 16 May 2016, 1:34 am

panki wrote:
creepi0 wrote:If Snoke backstory finally reveal i hope he's not another rip off of Palpatine. A politician who wanted gained unlimited power is kinda lame. Maybe he is connected to the church of the force , a high priest (who learned black magic like real life rasputin) perhaps. I dont know jackshit about him but he look powerfull and fragile at the same time and it seem he can foresee the future like Palpatine and real life Rasputin i guess
@creepi0

I'm really hoping he is some super villain....a Valkorian + Cronal hybrid....even some ancient dark force magician hiding in the unknown regions until the time was right would be good to watch.....someone that makes Palps look tame in comparison.
@panki

Yeah that would cool if he turned out to be ancient dark force practitioner. Maybe tied to first jedi temple Luke seek too. Could be he is so powerful that he can disturb the communication of the force ghost because i cant really imagine a scene in the next movie of Alec Guiness force ghost talking to Luke like in ROTJ but of course this just speculation and i could be wrong.
creepi0
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 7:37 am

panki wrote:  

What you wrote has made me wonder- could Snoke have sounded weak because he was tired after using his power on Kylo to turn him into Manchurian!Kylo on the walkway? Snoke looks physically frail in general. Maybe these kind of powers require expending a large amount of energy.
@panki

Snoke plot thickens. Apparently, there is a pannel on FB with one of TFA editors, Marianne Brandon, who did Forceback sequence. She says that the Force Back originally included a scene of Rey and "a boy" with Snoke. No doubt now that the boy is Ben. we knew it already but this is just great.

She also says that she doesn't know who Rey parents are and that veyr small circle of people does.

https://www.facebook.com/pollocktheater/app/142371818162/

But anyway, this shows that Snoke influence on Ben was indeed from childhood and they are saving those reveals for VIII or IX.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 16 May 2016, 7:54 am

vaderito wrote:
panki wrote:  

@panki

Snoke plot thickens. Apparently, there is a pannel on FB with one of TFA editors, Marianne Brandon, who did Forceback sequence. She says that the Force Back originally included a scene of Rey and "a boy" with Snoke. No doubt now that the boy is Ben. we knew it already but this is just great.

She also says that she doesn't know who Rey parents are and that veyr small circle of people does.

But anyway, this shows that Snoke influence on Ben was indeed from childhood and they are saving those reveals for VIII or IX.
@vaderito

That's interesting because there is a boy in the vision shown in the adult and children's TFA novels, but not a boy with Snoke. We know the novels were based on an older script so maybe this "boy with Snoke" scene was meant to be a later addition to the movie much like the "Rey's Jakku abandonment" scene was a later addition to the movie.

We know there's speculation that Rian asked that the Rey abandonment scene be added to the vision late in production (that could explain why it's not in the novels). Perhaps Rian also wanted to add the Boy and Snoke scene to the vision, but then decided against it at this time.  I think we'll  be seeing it or something like it in Episode VIII instead. This just points to more evidence that there is a very strong unknown connection between Rey and Kylo.

Edit: did Brandon indicate whether the "boy with Snoke" scene was ever filmed?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 8:20 am

I haven't listened to panel yet. If anyone can make a transcript...
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 16 May 2016, 1:04 pm

vaderito wrote:
panki wrote:  

@panki

@vaderito

Thanks @vaderito for the news.....I feel they didn't want to show Ben as a young boy because it might have made the audience more sympathetic to him and would realise that Rey and Kylo are important in one another's life a lot sooner than was planned.

On a separate note, I found this interesting video on Emperor Valkorion/ Vitiate for those who want to know more about his story (since he is a potential inspiration for Snoke's character)....

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 1:14 pm

@panki That's great! Now that Snoke isn't Plagueis (shocker) he's a new character (Pablo) but he could be based on anyone.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 16 May 2016, 3:41 pm

vaderito wrote:@panki That's great! Now that Snoke isn't Plagueis (shocker) he's a new character (Pablo) but he could be based on anyone.
@vaderito

That is true...and am glad the Darth Plageuis theory fell through- if Pals could defeat him so easily, he'd be a disappointing super villain ...maybe he will be a completely new character.....just hunting down potential EU characters who could have inspired him Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 3:47 pm

So who takes him down? The Trinity? The Chosen Two? or just one, Rey or Kylo?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Mon 16 May 2016, 3:50 pm

vaderito wrote:So who takes him down? The Trinity? The Chosen Two? or just one, Rey or Kylo?
@vaderito

Let it be Leia please. Twisted Evil Or Luke.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 3:53 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
vaderito wrote:So who takes him down? The Trinity? The Chosen Two? or just one, Rey or Kylo?
@vaderito

@Rimfaxe96

he's Kylo's antagonist like Palp was Vader's. So he should take him down. But if Snoke does something to him and incapacitate him, than he becomes antagonist of the person who cares about Kylo.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 16 May 2016, 5:25 pm

@vaderito

I'm with you with Manchurian!Kylo too. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 16 May 2016, 5:36 pm

Little_Boots wrote:I'm just realized something. Has anyone commented yet that both Finn and Kylo seem to come out of a trance when their faces have been touched?
@Little_Boots

Wow!!! Excellent point!! Both brainwashed to some extent. Both triggered?

Helix wrote:Maybe Snoke is a messed up force vampire, he's pale enough.  Razz I hope we find out how he got so messed up...

also he looks like the shriveled up version of Lucifer from Shin Megami Tensei IV

Spoiler:
@Helix

This is a great observation too about the vampire. More than anything Snoke looks like Nosferatu to me. Even the cloak.

vaderito wrote:
panki wrote:  

@panki

@vaderito

This is brilliant! It confirms that the boy was in the cards at some point. Also, she said "boy with Snoke". There's the evil abusive relationship right there.

vaderito wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@vaderito

@Rimfaxe96

he's Kylo's antagonist like Palp was Vader's. So he should take him down. But if Snoke does something to him and incapacitate him, than he becomes antagonist of the person who cares about Kylo.
@vaderito

I never thought of the Trinity ... but I like the idea of a group effort. They are all damaged children of what Snoke has wrought IMO. They should all play a part. I don't know who will deal the final blow. I envision a thing where Kylo "dies" to save Rey and when all hope is lost she brings him back to life fairytale-force style and the combined power of the Chosen 2 takes him out ... with Finn making it possible for them to get there or something.

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next