Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snoke in Episodes VIII

+48
Saracene
rawpowah
californiagirl
nickandnora
DeeBee
Irina de France
lauvamp
Geralt_Riv
MrsWindu
Forsythia
Darth_marshmallow
Hasi
reylo1992
ZioRen
Piper Maru
Armadeus
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dementor
Slade
Macha Ren
spacebaby45678
Darth Rowan
Rogue Rey
snufkin
ReyofLightSide
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
vaderito
Kessel
Kylo Ren
SanghaRen
Helix
Little_Boots
guardienne
Sylvia Snow
CienaRee
creepi0
Rimfaxe96
Jozie
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
panki
SoloSideCousin
Rei of Sunshine
nonesuch
Reylo Lemon
52 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 8 Empty Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII

Post by vaderito Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:07 pm

@creepi0 That's a great point. I think that's what it is.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 02 Sep 2016, 3:54 pm

SanghaRen wrote:I don't know where to place this question that just popped in my mind. Maybe it's been discussed some place else already and I missed it.

I am watching the second season of Star Wars Rebels in French - I could not get it in English, I hate dubbing but I was fed up of waiting. I know Snoke is not a Sith lord but do you think that he uses inquisitors? Could BDT be an inquisitor working for Snoke? Actually could Snoke be a former inquisitor of Darth Vader? He does look as scary as the ones in Rebels. But maybe they all got killed or died of natural causes.

Snoke is definitely inspired by the inquisitors and he could even have once been an inquisitor....after all, Kylo has an interrogation chair and tools like the ones used by the Inquisitors.

Spoiler:

The grand inquisitor is an Umbaran so humanoid but he died on Rebels.....while he might not be Snoke, maybe he knew him and that is why he said that his defeat would unleash something worse upon them all.

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 8 Latest?cb=20141103040539

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 30 Sep 2016, 6:30 am

It occurred to me... does anyone here know any Sanskrit, or know somebody who does?

Would be fun to know what the lyrics of Snoke's theme are about, even vaguely - it would help to find out which Kipling poem they were inspired by.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Sep 2016, 6:48 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:It occurred to me... does anyone here know any Sanskrit, or know somebody who does?

Would be fun to know what the lyrics of Snoke's theme are about, even vaguely - it would help to find out which Kipling poem they were inspired by.
@Darth Dingbat

My husband has studied sanskrit....and I understand a little.... what are the lyrics? I haven't ever heard them.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 30 Sep 2016, 6:57 am

panki wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:It occurred to me... does anyone here know any Sanskrit, or know somebody who does?

@Darth Dingbat

My husband has studied sanskrit....and I understand a little.... what are the lyrics? I haven't ever heard them.
@panki

I've tried to look for the lyrics written down, but alas, I haven't been able to find them Neutral And the throaty singing isn't exactly the clearest. But I imagine one might be able to pick up words with headphones if one knows what to listen for? Of course, I don't know if the singers' pronunciation is even accurate.

Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Sep 2016, 7:09 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
panki wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@panki

I've tried to look for the lyrics written down, but alas, I haven't been able to find them  Neutral And the throaty singing isn't exactly the clearest. But I imagine one might be able to pick up words with headphones if one knows what to listen for? Of course, I don't know if the singers' pronunciation is even accurate.

@Darth Dingbat

I've tried listening to it a few times now... can't make out the lyrics...some words seem to make sense but they seem more like Urdu to me so that cannot be right... I'll wait for my husband to come home and ask him to listen to it...maybe he'll have better luck.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 30 Sep 2016, 8:05 am

panki wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@panki

that's so cool Smile my uncle studied Sanskrit too
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Sep 2016, 7:08 pm

Mana wrote:
panki wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@panki

@Mana

Wow.... it is a hard language to learn..... especially the grammar. Smile

Right now my head is bursting with information.... while I haven't been able to identify the Kipling poem (it is really difficult to understand the lyrics) I have a suspicion regarding which one it might be... I just need to speak to someone familiar with celtic mythology (particularly Welsh lore) before I am able to put some pieces together. I know a little but there is some deep stuff here that they might be applying which I am not able to wrap my head around. study study

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 30 Sep 2016, 7:16 pm

panki wrote:
Mana wrote:
panki wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@panki

@Mana

Right now my head is bursting with information.... while I haven't been able to identify the Kipling poem (it is really difficult to understand the lyrics) I have a suspicion regarding which one it might be... I just need to speak to someone familiar with celtic mythology (particularly Welsh lore) before I am able to put some pieces together. I know a little but there is some deep stuff here that they might be applying which I am not able to wrap my head around. study study
@panki

yeah it is hard..he was ordained as a Buddhist monk, so they study languages like Pali as well...I'm not even sure if Pali and Sanskrit are the same thing, maybe not..
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Sep 2016, 7:21 pm

Mana wrote:
panki wrote:
Mana wrote:
panki wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@panki

@Mana

@panki

yeah it is hard..he was ordained as a Buddhist monk, so they study languages like Pali as well...I'm not even sure if Pali and Sanskrit are the same thing, maybe not..
@Mana

I think Pali is another indo-aryan language and might have developed from Sanskrit....it is a dialect common to the area where Buddhism initially flourished....so a lot of the really ancient texts were written in that language. Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 30 Sep 2016, 8:08 pm

panki wrote:
Mana wrote:
panki wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@panki

@Mana

@panki

@Darth Dingbat

Snoke's theme was inspired by a Kipling poem ... and it's in Sanskrit? I must have missed this somewhere. Too much content SW universe, too much content, lol.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 30 Sep 2016, 8:12 pm

The theme that's played during Padme's funeral is sung in Sanskrit as well...I recognized some of the words Smile
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Sep 2016, 8:25 pm

Mana wrote:The theme that's played during Padme's funeral is sung in Sanskrit as well...I recognized some of the words Smile
@Mana

That one is really beautiful.....I think it is about sweet sleep/dreams and death overcoming/controlling fear. (at least that is what I understood)

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 30 Sep 2016, 8:28 pm

panki wrote:
Mana wrote:The theme that's played during Padme's funeral is sung in Sanskrit as well...I recognized some of the words Smile
@Mana

That one is really beautiful.....I think it is about sweet sleep/dreams and death overcoming/controlling fear. (at least that is what I understood)
@panki

but they pronounce "Svapna" like "Svepna"...I didn't get that word at first Very Happy....or maybe it's pronounced like that I'm not sure Smile
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Sep 2016, 8:33 pm

Mana wrote:
panki wrote:
@Mana

@panki

but they pronounce "Svapna" like "Svepna"...I didn't get that word at first Very Happy....or maybe it's pronounced like that I'm not sure Smile
@Mana

I think it is normally pronounced as Svapna... maybe they modified its pronunciation to go with the music better?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 01 Oct 2016, 2:29 pm

panki wrote:
Mana wrote:
panki wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@panki

@Mana

@panki

Gosh, I wish I knew more about Celtic/Welsh mythology! I read the Mabinogion once, but that's about it - and I barely remember anything about it Laughing

Very curious to hear what you're speculating...!
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:01 pm

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 15 Feb 2017, 2:42 pm

I started to look at the video, but only made it one minute. I always have a hard time watching speculation videos. I will try later. Anyhow looking at the first images of Snoke, I really had this feeling of watching an old creep, who would still have tricks up his sleeves but not the strength of his youth. And what do old creeps do then? They use young ones for their strength and make them do what they can no longer do. I wonder how strong Snoke really is.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 15 Feb 2017, 5:11 pm

SanghaRen wrote:I started to look at the video, but only made it one minute. I always have a hard time watching speculation videos. I will try later. Anyhow looking at the first images of Snoke, I really had this feeling of watching an old creep, who would still have tricks up his sleeves but not the strength of his youth. And what do old creeps do then? They use young ones for their strength and make them do what they can no longer do. I wonder how strong Snoke really is.
@SanghaRen

SanghaRen wrote:I started to look at the video, but only made it one minute. I always have a hard time watching speculation videos. I will try later. Anyhow looking at the first images of Snoke, I really had this feeling of watching an old creep, who would still have tricks up his sleeves but not the strength of his youth. And what do old creeps do then? They use young ones for their strength and make them do what they can no longer do. I wonder how strong Snoke really is.
@SanghaRen

That's a great point. It also makes me wonder how strong Kylo/Ben without Snoke as a parasite.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 15 Feb 2017, 6:35 pm

I always thought Snoke never wanted to train Ben/Kylo to be strong. He wanted to make him weaker and unstable so he could absorb his power. After the spoilers for Empire's End, I think this is very possible.

Can you imagine the DRAMA? Ben/Kylo is manipulated his whole life, led to believe he was doing the right thing and that Snoke is trying to make him stronger... except he's just, quoting Han Solo, using him for his power?
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 15 Feb 2017, 7:59 pm

Piper Maru wrote:I always thought Snoke never wanted to train Ben/Kylo to be strong. He wanted to make him weaker and unstable so he could absorb his power. After the spoilers for Empire's End, I think this is very possible.

Can you imagine the DRAMA? Ben/Kylo is manipulated his whole life, led to believe he was doing the right thing and that Snoke is trying to make him stronger... except he's just, quoting Han Solo, using him for his power?
@Piper Maru

I've also thought for a long time that Snoke is trying to form Kylo into the ideal body for him to take over. That would require building up his strength while also keeping his mind in turmoil so it's harder to fight. That seems to be exactly what he's accomplishing so far!

He's the embodiment of an ancient dark side force who's going body hopping and picked out a Skywalker to hand groom into the perfect vessel. That's my theory in a nutshell! And as you said elsewhere, this would greatly reduce the chance of Rey Skywalker, since he'd be following her closely too.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 16 Feb 2017, 4:41 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:I always thought Snoke never wanted to train Ben/Kylo to be strong. He wanted to make him weaker and unstable so he could absorb his power. After the spoilers for Empire's End, I think this is very possible.

@Piper Maru

I've also thought for a long time that Snoke is trying to form Kylo into the ideal body for him to take over. That would require building up his strength while also keeping his mind in turmoil so it's harder to fight. That seems to be exactly what he's accomplishing so far!

He's the embodiment of an ancient dark side force who's going body hopping and picked out a Skywalker to hand groom into the perfect vessel. That's my theory in a nutshell! And as you said elsewhere, this would greatly reduce the chance of Rey Skywalker, since he'd be following her closely too.
@ZioRen

That's also something that I've thought for a long time. There must one precise reason why Snoke targeted this child: her certainly saw him as the best opportunity to accomplish his goal. It is clearly written that he wants to make a masterpiece with him, creating a sort of perfect embodiment of darkness and light. This is something Snoke has worked for for decades if you take account of the fact that his shadow was there from the craddle. To do what exactly, that is the question confused The motivation of the villain is what drives the plot in general but the problem for us is that the screenwriters made sure to reduce Snoke's screentime in TFA.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi Thu 16 Feb 2017, 5:28 pm

I thought that they'd keep it implicit so to actually read about Snoke doing that to fetus!Ben makes it even more sad and tragic...That's what I mean when I say that I want Kylo to kill Snoke and get his revenge, I really want him to know how a life without Snoke is like:(

Piper Maru wrote:
@Piper Maru

Yeah sadly it's pretty clear that Snoke's just using Kylo for his power, and from the way Kylo reacts when Han tells him this he knows it too, even if he doesn't want to accept it, because that would also mean another person that doesn't care about him...that's another thing him and Rey have in common, living in denial because the truth they'd have to face otherwise would hurt them too much, and it's so sad to see how they react when someone calls them out on this.

Btw, thought to share a meta regarding Kylo and Snoke' s relationship that perfectly sums up why I hate Snoke so much:
http://candlewisps.tumblr.com/post/142977609975/ive-had-the-material-for-this-post-on-the-back
Just thinking about the fact that he forbids anyone to say his real name...
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Wed 29 Nov 2017, 7:19 am

I came across an interesting theory concerning the big bad in the sequel trilogy. I don’t agree with everything the guy says but I admit I would like this theory to come true in some form. It would expand the SW universe rather nicely. It make sense to have a bigger baddie since Rey and hopefully Kylo are confronting Snoke in the second installment. It would also put an end to the Renperor theories Twisted Evil

Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Wed 29 Nov 2017, 7:47 am

Empire released a new picture of Snoke:

Snoke in Episodes VIII - Page 8 Snoke

He looks creepy...

Andy Serkis talked a bit about Snoke:
"Snoke is bloody dark; way darker than Palpatine,” Andy Serkis tells us in the new issue of Empire. “He’s riddled with this osteoporosis so his body's twisted, like a corkscrew. He's incredibly damaged, so there's a bizarre vulnerability about him. Beneath that vulnerability, though, is this intense hatred."

"He’s definitely not a Sith, but he’s certainly at the darker end of the Force. Without giving too much away, that begins to unfold a little in this one."

(Source)
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next