Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS

+16
BastilaBey
Sylvia Snow
guardienne
Darth Dementor
Darth_Awakened
vaderito
Armadeus
Kylo Ren
Irina de France
Xylo Ren
Mana
Force22
Darth Rowan
spacebaby45678
Rogue Rey
Reylo Lemon
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Post by vaderito Sat 21 May 2016, 4:14 pm

poe could have shot finn and we would have been spared all the inconsistent characterisation!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 21 May 2016, 4:29 pm

snufkin wrote:Isn't this board one gigantic viewing party Wink? So in the middle of all the references to the first movie, most people seem to have missed the most critical callback, which is to both to whatever the Hell happened to Ben and setting up Snoke's big evil endgame with the "have you felt it?" discussion

@snufkin

This is a really good point. Imo, it makes sense that Snoke will want Rey to "join him or die." He will want to replace Ren with Rey, just as the Emperor wanted to replace Vader with Luke. I like your implied extrapolation that perhaps Ben's turning and early relationship to Snoke has some parallels to Anakin's turning and his relationship with Palpatine.

For me another major callback, and one that is indicative of Ren's redemption, is Leia's "there is still light in him, I know it." Padme says something very similar about Anakin - "There is still good in him" - and it turns out to be true even after everything. In spite of the renewed concern for Ren's capacity for being reformed in the Reylo community, that callback is one of the things that makes me feel confident.

(Btw, I have The Big Lebowski on in the background right now. I've not mentioned this to you, but I'm also a big fan. I love saying "That's, like, your opinion, man" and "You're out of your element" in RL. ^^)
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 21 May 2016, 5:09 pm

vaderito wrote:
poe could have shot finn and we would have been spared all the inconsistent characterisation!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
@vaderito

I knew it lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 21 May 2016, 5:24 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:
snufkin wrote:Isn't this board one gigantic viewing party Wink? So in the middle of all the references to the first movie, most people seem to have missed the most critical callback, which is to both to whatever the Hell happened to Ben and setting up Snoke's big evil endgame with the "have you felt it?" discussion

@snufkin

This is a really good point. Imo, it makes sense that Snoke will want Rey to "join him or die." He will want to replace Ren with Rey, just as the Emperor wanted to replace Vader with Luke. I like your implied extrapolation that perhaps Ben's turning and early relationship to Snoke has some parallels to Anakin's turning and his relationship with Palpatine.

For me another major callback, and one that is indicative of Ren's redemption, is Leia's "there is still light in him, I know it." Padme says something very similar about Anakin - "There is still good in him" - and it turns out to be true even after everything. In spite of the renewed concern for Ren's capacity for being reformed in the Reylo community, that callback is one of the things that makes me feel confident.

(Btw, I have The Big Lebowski on in the background right now. I've not mentioned this to you, but I'm also a big fan. I love saying "That's, like, your opinion, man" and "You're out of your element" in RL. ^^)
@Darth Rowan

Big deal with that callback is that, when you watch Episodes chronologically, I to VII, is that he had to get worse before he got better. So between Padme's "There's still good in him" and saving Luke from the Emperor's cool as sith lightning, we got gems like torturing Leia, holding her while Tarkin blew up Alderaan, killing his father figure Obi Wan (though after OB1 let him burn alive I can't hold that one against Vader but I know that others do cause father figure and all that), Force choking random staff, torturing and carbonizing Han just because he was a bait for Luke, cutting off Luke's hand. And Bloodline revealed that little diamond in the rough labor camps. Yikes. So Kylo killing his father right after his mother proclaimed that there was still light in him is in line with grandpa's trajectory, but we won't have to wait 20 years for him to get his sith together, hopefully. After all, Anakin lost Padme and thought baby was dead too while Kylo found Rey.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 21 May 2016, 5:47 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:

@snufkin

@Darth Rowan

The boldest is exactly what stood out to me when I watched ESB again two weeks ago. First viewing since seeing it as a child and the things I noticed in terms of very subtle callbacks in TFA. Meanwhile most viewers probably thought it was all callbacks to the first movie with the throwaway gags and fake heroic trip.

And Big Lebowski!!! Yesterday was the anniversary of my father's death, so I was telling some friends about how when we went to the funeral home to make the cremation arrangements for him, I started thinking about the scene where Walter gets angry at how expensive urns are and puts Donnie's ashes in an empty coffee can instead (because my dad was extremely frugal). I had just watched it again recently because I was thinking of that incident, which is when I was like "Luke is kind of like Jeff Lebowski when he faces off against the Emperor about the power of the Darkside."

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS - Page 2 14789132
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 21 May 2016, 5:50 pm

I hope that conversational scenes between Rey, Kylo and Luke (and Leia if she's really in Dingle) are as epic as we hope.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sat 21 May 2016, 6:25 pm

Just finish watch TFA with my parents, this is their first time watching the movie and it's so clear that they saw Finn and Rey as friends. When Kylo removed his mask, my mom even expressed out loud that he's so handsome while my dad said he reminds him of Zuuko from Avatar. They both said that Rey is overpower or stronger than Kylo and their snow duel, Kylo was afraid

I'm so happy right now

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o2tv5rq2RV1u0iiax_500
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 21 May 2016, 6:34 pm

vaderito wrote:
@snufkin Totally. Unmasking was those 2 scenes. He reveals himself to Rey but at the same time wants to see her with his own eyes. How many OT characters you can put in one without having him lose his identity or making him feel like the Greatest Hits? They really knocked Kylo out of park.
@vaderito

I also think that how he gives her the 5 Star treatment versus Poe is that he has to have been told by his mother what happened when she was captured by the Empire. Either that or the "has had visions of her too" theory.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 21 May 2016, 6:38 pm

snufkin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@snufkin Totally. Unmasking was those 2 scenes. He reveals himself to Rey but at the same time wants to see her with his own eyes. How many OT characters you can put in one without having him lose his identity or making him feel like the Greatest Hits? They really knocked Kylo out of park.
@vaderito

I also think that how he gives her the 5 Star treatment versus Poe is that he has to have been told by his mother what happened when she was captured by the Empire. Either that or the "has had visions of her too" theory.

@snufkin

What does he really know about Leia's treatment? I guess they never told him.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 21 May 2016, 6:40 pm

vaderito wrote:
snufkin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@vaderito

@snufkin

What does he really know about Leia's treatment? I guess they never told him.
@vaderito

I haven't read the book the rest of you have, so ya'll would know better. But it's still one of those unanswered questions and the part that first really shocked me, even if he's her kid, he's a killer. So why is he acting this way around her, including showing her his face?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sat 21 May 2016, 7:24 pm

Rogue Rey wrote:Okay I'm back in the room.  Back to the viewing.

How come Rey didn't see Finn mouthing please to BB-8??  She was looking right at him.  And BB-8's reluctance to say??

Finn really is a contradiction.

Awwww Han and Chewie 'We're home' - does say a lot about how he feels about the home he shared with Leia and Ben tho doesn't it - that with them it didn't feel like home for Han, but just him and Chewie on the Falcon does.  Poor Leia and Ben.  I guess you could call Han a deadbeat Father - so why would you add a second with Luke???  

Why would a First Order stormtrooper know that Han is a war HERO???  Wouldn't they have been conditioned to think he was a traitor/rebel etc and not in heroic terms??

Han getting misty eyed when talk turned to Luke Sad  Sad

The dudes from The Raid - wonder if we'll see those that didn't get killed again?

But how do those red helmeted guys even see???

And there begins the narrative on Chewie's bowcaster and how powerful it is

Kylo doesn't look to enthralled with Hux's idea about using the weapon.  What a snivelling little sneer with legs Hux is.  Creep

'He means nothing to me.' Say that again and mean it Kylo.  His voice cracks with emotion - he means far more than he'd admit.

'Move ball' I love you

Weird how Han thanks Finn for finally putting a bandage on Chewie's arm, but doesn't thank Rey for all her piloting and mechanical expertise

In Han's 'It's all true' speech his voice doesn't alter that much when he talks about the boy who ruined Luke's work, not like you think it would if it was his son who'd carried out a massacre??!  Just a passing thought.

Han looks at Rey with compassion when she makes her 'this much green' comment - not like her suddenly remembering Father

Ugh and now we have Finn calling Han 'Solo' - Evil or Very Mad

Maybe Han sees Rey as the child he wished he had - one who can pilot and is good at mechanics.  Ben must have disappointed him by not sharing his interested.

So if Maz says she can see the same eyes in different people who's eyes does she see in Finn?  I think she knows that Finn is First Order.  He practically gives himself away with his own words.

One dispassionate ask for Rey to go with him.  Then he leaves.  Rey goes after him.  Now the truth comes out and his plea is slightly stronger.  But her 'don't go' is lacking true conviction and then Finn just leaves her.

Forceback

I reckon Maz stirred the Force up to bring on the Forceback.  Why?  Because she knows what Rey's destiny is.  Why else did Maz know where Rey had gone - anyone else would assume she'd gone out the front door.

Rey only says Luke because Maz had just planetted his name in her mind.

'I'm never touching that thing again.' you keep saying that to yourself hun.

Why does she run into a very enchanted looking forest if she wants no part of it (the fight) - you'd think she'd just find someone in the castle with a ship.  Oh yeah she's got to meet her destiny, that's why.

That whole Startkiller moment is so Third Reich inspired especially the imagery, let alone Hux's delivery.

Kylo Ren may not move a single muscle but coupled with the music it conveys his torment as he watches the blasts go past the Finalizer - why else show him if they're not trying to say something about his feelings - it's just really subtle.

I do think that Finn may have some FS abilities given how he heard the screams before the blasts hit the Republic and the patrons at the castle were hardly screaming - don't forget what Maz said about the Force surrounding every living thing.  

Lots of use of the word 'friend' directed at Finn Wink

The stormtrooper shot first - but Rey shot the other one first.

Han shooting without looking is a bit FS too.

Finn killing that stormtrooper without a 2nd thought.  And now Finn fangirling Poe  Rolling Eyes He doesn't deserve to wield a lightsaber properly because he doesn't believe in it - he has the saber and still picks up a blaster - no true trust in the weapon.

Reylo!!  H-beating

Rey dropped her blaster when Kylo bridal carried her - well it's not in her hand

You care now don't you Finn!  Eh bien

Parents  Love  About to C

Rey is just a 'girl' to Han and Leia - not some long forgotten niece.

Leia wants her boy back - darn it Lucasfilm give the woman a break and give her her son back and not a redemption on death in her arms scene.  She speaks so passionately about him you can feel the love conveyed in her voice.  She believes in him, she loves him.  She wants him home.  Even when Han is doubtful.  + her eyes at the end of her chat with Han speaks volumes.

Be my guest, be my guest!!!

Given how Kylo can tell Rey still wants to kill him - either from the look in her eyes or maybe he's skimming her thoughts already = he defo knows that she checked him out when he took of the mask = cocky self assured Kylo with great hair.

Describing his current situation there - lonely, too afraid to leave - what his life is like under the First Order.  And there she goes hitting a nerve.

Hux knows.

I get the complaints about Rey's Jedi mind trick - it does seem far fetched that she'd even know what one was - unless when she touched the legacy lightsaber some of the powers of the previous owners seeped into her mind during the Forceback - as in OB1??

Han says 'I like this guy' but I never got the impression that he did. Sorry Finn lovers.  Just didn't see it.

Poe sums it up nicely 'As long as there's light we got a chance.' - too many mentions of the word light for it to be thrown out of the window.

Han fears the worst of his son hence why he says they wont leave without Rey and then the first thing he asks her is if she's okay.  Sad  Doesn't have the same belief as Leia in his own child - no wonder he's lost.

Still too much emotion in Kylo's voice when he addresses his Father with the mask on.

I think Kylo is feeling not only his own pain and regret at his action of killing his Father but his Mother's pain too - it's all in the eyes.

They build it to make it look like Finn is Kylo's true opponent, but that later gets booted out the water.

Mind your head Laughing

AD is too good an actor to incorrectly portray being scared of Rey when she summons the saber and turns it on like the anti's think.  They say the look he's giving her is one of being scared and of fear - I don't want to sound harsh but that is far from the look of fear or being scared.  

Kylo just lets her extinguish his lightsaber, chop it in two and then slice his face open - dude just gave up the fight - when he still had other options - the Force, his own physical superiority - could have punched her one like he did with Finn.

Aww how convenient that Finn happens to be on the side of the chasm Rey was on.Rolling Eyes

Rey's look back = compassion.  She has compassion for Kylo - so are we expected to believe that she's going to kill him in one of the next 2 films???  She saw him at his worst - killing his Father.  She didn't do as Snoke said in her mind (in the novel) and kill him.  She looked back to where he was, why??  Why would she care what happened to him??  Because Rey has compassion for everyone.  Because she is a scavenger - she finds broken things and restores them.

People say how come Leia hugged Rey without knowing her - well she'd heard about her from Han and Finn, so I guess she just put two and two together.

Just what triggered R2 to wake up - it still bugs me.

The END
@Rogue Rey

According to the novelization, if Cracked has there facts right, Rey saying "Imperial Archives" reactivates R2D2.  People who read the novel it would be gently appreciated if you can confirm or dispute this; is the first I've heard of this but it makes total sense.
http://www.cracked.com/article_23908_6-baffling-movie-moments-with-really-logical-explanations_p6.html

Also, it's funny how Rey, proclaiming never to touch the saber again is similiar to Kylo vow not to be seduced by the light? Smile
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by snufkin Sat 21 May 2016, 7:38 pm

Just noticed this linked on Slate. Interesting that they discuss remix/callback culture, though another example of missing out on all of the more pertinent references (like the ESB or demasking) for this particular trilogy

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sat 21 May 2016, 7:39 pm

Force22 wrote:I missed this. I missed everything today... No
@Force22

No worries the hootiany lasts the entire weekend. You can still chime in tomorrow!

Darth Rowan wrote:

@snufkin

@Darth Rowan

True. In fact before Snoke found out about her power levels he might have wanted Kylo to kill Rey because he sensed his students compassion for her. Making Ben kill Rey may have been another test Snoke would've made him do to prove his dark allegiance. It's a theory but a good one.
Fact number 5:
http://m.hitfix.com/harpy/45-star-wars-the-force-awakens-plot-details-explained-by-the-novelization

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 21 May 2016, 8:00 pm

@Darth Dementor Pablo says that Compassion lines were actually filmed. I guess it didn't make it into the movie and deleted scenes cause too obvious. I wish they did make some stuff more obvious.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 21 May 2016, 8:09 pm

vaderito wrote:@Darth Dementor Pablo says that Compassion lines were actually filmed. I guess it didn't make it into the movie and deleted scenes cause too obvious. I wish they did make some stuff more obvious.
@vaderito

So wish we could have got that instead of that snow chase scene. As long as there's a version in VIII I guess I can accept it... The bit in the book made me laugh, Kylo like stutters, Snoke totally calls him out on it.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 21 May 2016, 8:11 pm

vaderito wrote:@Darth Dementor Pablo says that Compassion lines were actually filmed. I guess it didn't make it into the movie and deleted scenes cause too obvious. I wish they did make some stuff more obvious.
@vaderito

I hope the compassion lines will be included in Ep. VIII in some capacity. The stuff that Snoke says about Vader's redemption and Kylo's compassion for Rey were probably left out for a good reason...I can see Rian asking JJ to leave that stuff out so he can deal with it in his movie .
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 21 May 2016, 8:13 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
@vaderito

So wish we could have got that instead of that snow chase scene. As long as there's a version in VIII I guess I can accept it... The bit in the book made me laugh, Kylo like stutters, Snoke totally calls him out on it.
@BastilaBey

It must be a great scene. But, of course, it's important to show more rathrans and Kanjiclub cause that's what we want to see, right?

@Mana me too. I hope we get Compassion line and new, unmasked Kylo emotional breakdown on MF.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 May 2016, 8:30 pm

I love the way Kylo Ren's hair changes it's parting in during most shots during the snow fight! ROFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 21 May 2016, 9:00 pm

Ok I just watched it and...are you ready? Tell me if any of this is coincidence:

Takodana, before they meet:

Rey: is running to the right with BB8
cut to Ren, walking through some door opening, walks towards the left.
"Sir, the droid was spotted heading west, with a girl."
Ren: immediately turns his head to the right
Rey: immediate cut to her facing his direction (left) and shooting.

Before this, they were both moving in opposite directions, but Ren turned the tides, he turned directions first thus initiating their eventual meet up. Anyway...

After she shoots she stops to crouch next to BB8 and tell him to run off. Then instead of going with him, she tries to "fight them off" and runs the complete opposite direction she had just been running. Remember how she was running to the right? Now she's running to the left.

Ren moves right, she runs left.

They meet.

The end. The beginning.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 21 May 2016, 9:32 pm

All right, I'll be posting my sorta-review in two parts, because of course, it got long. This segment goes from beginning to the end of Rey's Force vision.

I was going to make a comment on Bloodline, but I will not.

But now I kinda want Lady Carise Sindian to show up at some point? Like really? Because I love her in a love-to-hate kind of way? And Claudia Gray said she had Jamie Chung in mind for her? And I LOVE Jamie Chung? And we’d get another awesomesauce Asian character? And Ransolm Casterfo too? Because he’s my babe? And I want Tom Hiddleston in the role? Like so bad?

Okay, back to the movie.

Poe’s introduction is pretty neat and well done. And I like Lor San Tekka, even though he’s pretty mysterious and all. I guess he’s another of those “important characters in a certain past whom we can’t say much because SPOILERS”

Seriously, is River Song in charge of this movie?

Dang, Poe is so handsome. Mah space husband.

I feel sorry for the villagers already.

“I’ll come back for you!” That’s like the main theme of the movie TBH.

Okay but I have a lot of feels on Finn getting a fellow Trooper leaving a hand mark on his helmet? It’s like so symbolic? It brands him from the beginning as a (future) traitor, and as a human and not Random-Guy-Who-Tries-to-Shoot-But-Always-Fails-To-Aim-And-Gets-Shot-By-The-Heroes-ROFL, and… and… man, so many things to say. I can’t wait for the other movies to come out. I wonder if we’ll get to add up.

Finn looks terrified, and the way John Boyega does it is very convincing.

Kylo’s space limo looks like a bat when it first comes in, and it’s effective.

Yup, way classier in black than Vader’s white space limo. White. Ugh.

“Look how old you’ve become.” Yup, if Ben/Kylo didn’t know Lor San Tekka very well before the beginning of TFA, I’ll eat my hat.

Lor San Tekka is very martyr-like. Let’s just say I really hope we’ll get to know more about him in VIII, because his mysteriousness gets a bit ominous.

“You’re so right!” Kylo sounded so much like Leia despite the distorted voice. I hate to say this, but yeah. Tell me this sentence is foreshadowing, though, because I’d so love this trilogy to be all about legacy.

Freezing a blaster bolt in thin air, and then Poe himself. Yup. We’re going to get wacky Force-powers in this trilogy for sure, and I’m not complaining.

SASSY POE

I know he’s gay, he’s still my space husband. XD

BRIENNE OF TARTH

Yup, with the village massacre, it can be said that Kylo Ren is definitely responsible for his actions.

Man, it’s been discussed a lot, and I won’t add much, but I do love that stare-down between Finn and Kylo. You know, on one side, it can be seen as negligence from Kylo, but it’s pretty unlikely. But we just saw the guy order an entire village to be massacred. He sees Finn not shooting, and that alone can be considered mutiny. But he says nothing. So yeah, we get a really neat parallel between two soldiers here.

Say what you want about how the writers treated Finn, but John Boyega is a damn good actor.

Yup, I can see why people could think at the beginning Rey could not be human.

Man, those ships are HUGE.

Rey’s sled is pretty cute. Fits her well, in a way.

And her theme at the piano sounds so pretty.

It definitely sounds like a dark fairytale, overall. A very dark fairytale. Mixed in with some similarities to the Indiana Jones theme. It fits her well.

Sees the old woman, is afraid to end up like her, and she even looks a bit dazed.

It was in the novelization, but I’m so glad they didn’t insist too much on the whole “Unkar Plutt is a pervert” thing. He’s still a huge a**. I kinda hope Kylo is going to slay him in VIII.

And judging by Rey’s face and how her eyes flicker, one-quarter portion is not much. That girl is starving.

The sunset. Shout-out to Tattooine and the two suns.

The rose and the bell. Come and tell me that’s not an Easter Egg.

The doll makes me so sad, in a way. It could almost be another Easter Egg, because I get huge vibes of Cosette from Les Misérables here.

The markings. MY FEELS.

I still can’t believe the bread is not CGI. Like… wow.

Man, Rey does eat like a child. You can see she lacks proper interaction with people.

The helmet part… aw.

Yup, people talk all the time how Rey is a precious cinnamon roll and all, but she also strikes me a lot as some sort of streetfighter girl. She doesn’t have much of a choice, probably, growing up on Jakku. First time we hear her talking, she has a rather alto-ish voice. It makes quite a contrast with her physique.

“Classified. Me too. Big secret.” No way that girl is a random.

Rey either acts very responsible and competent, or either like a much younger girl. There’s no in-between.

BB-8 is so adorable. He reminds me of a kitten.

Yup, no kneeling. We even get the exact same shots in the Poe vs Ren scene than in the Rey vs Ren scene. WE ARE MEANT TO COMPARE THEM.

And nope, Kylo is not soft with Poe. AT ALL. And he treats Rey like glass (even if it still isn’t 100% comfortable for her, obviously).

I think the whole “cinnamon roll” thing really comes from the fact that Rey is very hopeful, no matter what. There’s also her whole childlike aspect, in her behavior and everything, but otherwise, she’s not so innocent. She had to become hardened, because as I said above, Jakku ain’t forgiving.

Yup, Unkar Plutt is clearly not giving Rey enough portions, and she notices it. So the fact that she refuses to sell BB-8 is pretty telling on her. Because as I said, and especially with Before the Awakening, tht girl is STARVING.

Okay, Oscar Isaac had so much fun here. When Finn takes off his helmet, Poe is like “OMG HE’S HAWT”

I still don’t think Stormpilot will happen, though…

Nice bromance, though.

I think Finn is funny. I don’t care if you don’t. He’ll make the worst Dad jokes if he has kids with KMT’s character, though.

And he reminds me a lot of Luke? Like I don’t get it why people say Rey = Luke, it’s totes Finn = Luke? They have a similar petulance to them, but that kind of petulance that makes them endearing, in a way.

Yup, BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Finn is totally the average fanboy’s avatar.

Actually, I’d love Finn and KMT’s character to be some sort of avatars for fans (among other things of course XD). It’d be sweet. You know, ordinary people who do extraordinary things. They don’t need to be super powerful Force sensitives or dashing scoundrels or senators or Queens.

Phux is my guilty pleasure, but I REALLY don’t see how that guy could have a relationship with anyone? Like really? No offense, but…

Finn is such a huge drama queen. He reminds me of Luke so much, and I think that may be one of the reasons why I don’t find it so annoying…

Man, why on Earth didn’t Poe look for Finn? Like, huge plothole here? I know Oscar Isaac managed to convince JJ Abrams not to make him die at that moment, but GOD I HATE THIS PLOTHOLE. LIKE SO MUCH. AND I SAY THIS AND I LOVE POE. But more on it later.

Finn gets rid of his armor, and he’s all dressed in black, like some sort of everyman. He only has the Resistance jacket, because that’s his new belonging.

Though, damn, walking in the desert dressed in black… sheesh.

Hux and Kylo argue like little boys. And they clearly love shitting on the other.

I’m not going to blame Finn for panicking here like he does? I mean I’d probably be in the same state if I was him? And JB is on point overall?

Yup, Rey the Streetfighter Girl confirmed.

I can just picture her and Kylo getting in brawl fights. He’s a scoundrel’s son, after all.

Good is Not Soft: A Novel by Rey

Finn is saying the truth. At first. But he more or less gets caught into lying, since Rey is the one who gave him the whole “Resistance” idea was Rey suggesting it, and he kinda rolls along with it. Honestly, if I was him, I would have probably done the same thing, not gonna lie.

I do think Finn does have a crush on Rey, even though it’s not really that serious. And the whole “Lie to your Crush to Impress Him/Her” trope is as old as time. Singin’ in the Rain, anyone?

Finn is definitely the protective kind of person. Rey doesn’t appreciate. At first. I kind of want KMT’s character to be able to handle herself, but she doesn’t mind when Finn comes and helps Razz

Again, I don’t see why people are angry at Finn for taking Rey’s hand twice? Like, it’s clearly just there for comic relief?

Rey does seem pretty touched that Finn is so considered of her. I feel sorry for that lil’ baby.

“The garbage will do!” Iconic. This quote will become iconic if it isn’t already.

Though, how the hell did the Millennium Falcon end up on Jakku?

SPOILERS THE MOVIE I’M TELLING YOU

Okay, but the FO pilots’ uniforms are top notch and classy. Switching to the Dark Side, I’m sick of bathrobes and ponchos, and Padmé’s long dead anyway.

MF chase scene… I don’t care…

Yup, Finn does feel bad for lying. Don’t tell me otherwise.

Mitaka has such a baby face. LOL. He looks like exactly like the kind of guy his fellow soldiers would tease mercilessly and send him telling the bad news to Kylo Ren.

So why are people complaining about Kylo destroying stuff with his lightsaber? I mean, it’s not like he immediately Force-choked the kid à la Vader?

Kylo does as he’s told, searches for the droid for Skywalker… than the girl is mentioned, and he flips out. Then he grabs Mitaka at the throat (but I think Pablo did confirm he didn’t kill him?), so yeah. Pretty sure that while Kylo didn’t meet Rey before TFA, as Pablo said, he most certainly dreamed at the very least of some girl on Jakku who’d have an important impact on his life.

BB-8 is such a sassy droid. Some have him do sass-offs with R2.

Finn really hates sand. That’s why he hates Jakku so much.

And boy, Finn and Rey argue like little kids at times.

“Chewie, we’re home.” AND THIS IS THE PART WHERE EVERYONE STARTS CRYING.

Man, my mom told me once when she saw the movie she thought Harrison Ford was still hot.

“You can understand that thing?” Finn, asking the real questions.

Yup, bad s*** happened between Bloodline and TFA for Han, and not just with Leia.

The Rathtars sequence is kinda useless? Funny with the two gangs and their accents and everything (TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB), and Rey’s mistake, but kinda useless? And Han is still terrible with his debts. XD

That scene is there for the fanboys.

That bowcaster is pretty damn powerful.

Okay, but HOW THE FRICKITY FRICK DID THEY BUILD STARKILLER BASE?

I’m pretty sure Snoke ain’t that big.

The Republic supports the Resistance? Really? Bloodline didn’t give me that impression. But Hux may be an unreliable narrator.

Snoke is pretty soft when he talks to Kylo. Emotional manipulation? Ding ding ding!

“He means nothing to me.” You’re lying, man. You’re lying, and Snoke just knows. It wouldn’t be such a big test if you were telling the truth. And Snoke’s smile is pretty telling.

“By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced.” F****NG LOL. And switch to Rey saying: “I can fix this.”

Poor Finn, though. Dealing with Chewie.

Rey gets pretty gloomy when she doesn’t get the praise she thinks she deserves. That’s a trait a Sith could take advantage of in a heartbeat.

That scene, with the map and everything… it’s just eerie. Especially with Han telling the story and Rey being all ears… They do focus a lot on her while he tells Luke and Ben’s stories…

“It’s true. The Force, the Jedi… all of it.” It’s so huge for Han to say that. He’s been rather weary of all the Force aspects for all of the OT, and I’m pretty sure it influenced (and damaged) his relationship with his son. And now, he finally acknowledges it. But it’s too late.

JUST TELL ME REY IS GOING TO END UP WITH KYLO ON A GREEN PLANET

I kind of wonder if Han warms up quickly to Rey because she reminds him of Ben… That would be too sad.

Finn gets wrapped up in his lies. That’s a flaw of him, and let’s just say I’d love to see it developed in the next movies. With KMT’s character and the rumors that she may betray the Resistance and Finn… MAN THEIR STORY IS GONNA BE SO GOOD IF IT’S DONE RIGHT

This lady is still bitter Lin-Manuel Miranda’s cantina song didn’t make it to the soundtrack recording.

Man, Lupita N’yongo is such a great voice actress.

Though, imagine Maz yelling at some point: “BEN SOLO”. Cue embarrassing moment where everyone stares at Kylo who in the meantime looks sheepish.

REY SHIPS MAZ/CHEWIE

And then we get the Hamlet moment.

I actually like Maz better than Yoda? I’m not even sorry?

Yup, Finn’s lie is not holding together anymore. And Rey doesn’t understand.

I won’t expand on the whole “Finn’s Confession” moment, because people already did, but yup, absolutely no tension in that scene. Rey could have become pissed off, said: “You lied to me! You don’t care about me, you’re just leaving!” But no. John Boyega and Daisy Ridley do have good chemistry, but… not that way.

Finn is sincere here, despite everything. I feel for him. Almost more than for Rey, because she’s gonna meet Prince Charming in a few minutes anyway. *out*

I almost wonder if the child screaming “no” Rey hears in Maz’s basement really is a younger Rey… or a younger Ben, since it’s pretty certain now she sees little Ben in the vision.

When she runs in the corridor (and it’s canon she’s running after a boy), we hear “No!” once again. Yup. The “NO!” we’re hearing might be Ben’s.

I kinda wonder if Kylo had a similar vision. Their fates are entwined, and entwined to Luke’s as well.

I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT WE’RE GONNA SEE KYLO SAVING REY FROM KOR IN THE NEXT MOVIE AGH

Yup, we’re definitely on Ahch-To. No way we aren’t.

And the only character who breaks the fourth wall in Rey’s vision is Kylo.

Isn’t a funny coincidence that Obi-Wan says: “These are your first steps” exactly when she runs into Kylo during the snowfight part of the vision? (COINCIDENCE! I THINK NOT!)
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 21 May 2016, 10:03 pm

Watched TFA yesterday (Sat) with a group of friends. Alcohol was consumed. Good times were had.

Below is what I remember were my first impressions watching the film blended with recent observations:

Okay, Episode VII. Show me what you got.

Finalizer eclipses the planet. Wow, the callbacks are starting this early. This is either very good... or very bad.

Introduce Lor San Tekka My God, it's Father Merrin. Things are worse than I thought, they're bringing in exorcists now.

General? To me she's royalty. You're go***mn right.

Poe climbs into his X-Wing I'm not so sure about the new X-Wing design. The engines are too small. Proportions are way off.

Ren's ship appears Kylo Ren has many large and impressive things to make up for his inadequacies. (Not my quote)

Ren walks down the ramp I like how he just stops for a moment to look around, like: What am I doing here? Oh, right, the map. Focus. Gotta stay focused.

Ren confronts LST. THE POWER OF LIGHT COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF LIGHT COMPELS YOU!

Ren freezes the blaster bolt. WOAH... Okay... That just happened.

Platt slams Rey's portion on the counter. Yeesh. You know what, Platt? You can keep that. That stuff looks dodgy. I ain't even that hungry. I ate... months ago, so I'm good.

Rey puts on the Rebel helmet. My friend actually yelled out: NERD!

Teedo leaves after being scolded by Rey. Oh, he's just gonna leave? Okay.

BB-8 is almost TOO cute. Almost.

Ren concludes Poe's interrogation So, does Hux just kinda hang out around interrogation rooms while information is being extracted? Like some kinda voyeur? Also, anyone else get the feeling Hux has OCD?

PLATT: This lot you've brought me is worth... one half portion

REY: Last week they were a half portion each

That was then, this is now.

The First Order has women among its staff. Looks like they're a little more diverse than the Empire was.

MORE TO COME LATER WHEN I HAVE TIME.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 21 May 2016, 10:36 pm

“The garbage will do!”

Oh that reminds me of a couple callbacks I noticed. The garbage line gets linked to Luke's "What a piece of junk!" But it's maybe more Leia with "Into the garbage chute, flyboy!" and "We'll just float away with the rest of the garbage" to Han.

Also when Poe and Finn are wooping like bros playing video games during the escape, "stay sharp" is what Han says to Luke when they take on the Tie Fighters during the escape from the Death Star.

Oh wait, two more callbacks to RotJ, notice how Obi Wan uses the verb destroyed to describe turning to the Darkside and how "any offspring would be powerful"

Kinda makes the whole issue of who Rey's family is interesting, if she's a random then she's a wildcard.

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 21 May 2016, 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 21 May 2016, 11:00 pm

@Irina de france

I almost wonder if the child screaming “no” Rey hears in Maz’s basement really is a younger Rey… or a younger Ben, since it’s pretty certain now she sees little Ben in the vision.

When she runs in the corridor (and it’s canon she’s running after a boy), we hear “No!” once again. Yup. The “NO!” we’re hearing might be Ben’s.

Oh my...I think you might be right. They absolutely could have kept the audio of him with Snoke. Hopefully Rey sees it for real in episode viii.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 21 May 2016, 11:49 pm

Part 2!

“That lightsaber was Luke’s, and his father’s before him, and now, it calls to you!” Maz does look so surprised it calls to Rey. It’s just proof she isn’t a Skywalker to me.

Yup, Rey’s parents are dead for sure. Or at least one of them who would really care for her.

Heroine refuses quest and runs into the woods after going down the castle’s steps to meet Prince Charming in disguise for the first time. Typical.

Okay, I find Hux’s big speech laughable at best. But I think it was meant to be this way. And if I’m right to assume that, props to Domhnall Gleeson. He probably had loads of fun with this.

The Nazi parallels are just so obvious. And it’s one of the reasons why I just can’t like Hux. Too much of a Hitler wannabe.

Yup, why isn’t Kylo here?

I mean, just think of it. They’re about to destroy what is probably his home planet. We get a big emotional shot of him afterwards, while masked. You don’t do that for nothing. And I think it’s definitely meant to parallel Leia seeing Alderaan destroyed.

Imagine if we could have seen Adam Driver’s facial expressions during that moment, though. It would have been amazing. And too obvious redemption-wise. XD

KORRIE

If you read Bloodline, you’ll know what I mean.

Rey’s scrunchy face when she’s about to shoot the Trooper… adorable.

Kylo does look monkish. And Space Templar-ish.

And of course, when he hears about Rey, it’s all like “MISSION ABORT”

Eeesh… Finn backstabbing one of his former companions… not good. You could almost argue that he’s doing it in self-defence, but it’s a weak argument. It could have been really easy to just not have that backstabbed Trooper, and have him confront the Trooper who called him a traitor for like 5 seconds and have him say: “Please… I don’t want to kill you” or something. But hey.

I still like Finn, I just think the writers could have handled him better, and I really REALLY hope it’ll get better in VIII. Rey not being around will help. He deserves better than to just be her sidekick.

And then there’s Poe. As I said, I love the guy… but man. MAN. It’s like: “I’M BACK BECAUSE PLOT SAYS SO.” And it’s further proof he isn’t in the main trio. It could have been super easy to have him go across the desert with Finn and have him meet Rey. But nope. I mean, heck, Poe doesn’t get any interaction with Rey in the movie at all! Sure, he does in the novelization, but if it didn’t make it in the movie, it ain’t important.

So yeah. Poe IS important, but he’s not in the main trio. Don’t see how it diminishes his character, though.

Yeah, I’m cringing at Finn shooting at his former companions. Again, you could argue it’s self-defense, but he’s a bit too gleeful about the Resistance shooting the Troopers. I’m going to blame direction.

And I wished he showed a bit more trauma too. I guess we don’t have much time in this film, because at the end of the day, he isn’t really the focus, but with a plot of his own, I hope so.

AND REY MEETS KYLO

And he’s swagging it, god.

“The girl I’ve heard so much about.” TWICE, KYLO. TWICE. He’s dreamed of her for sure.

Cat purr. Plus the leather glove. Yum.

“The map. You’ve seen it.” There’s actually something gleeful in his voice when he says that. It’s as if he’s saying: “Yay, I’ve got a good excuse to bring dream girl with me instead of running after that droid!”

BRIDAL CARRY

Okay. Han sees his son, and it’s a big emotional part, but I kind of wonder at this point if Han knew who Rey was all along, and same for Leia and Luke. In the sense, they all eventually knew/guessed Rey was the girl Ben dreamed of for years. I mean, he sees his son, and he also sees Rey getting carried away by him…

Okay, just Finn running after the ship while yelling for Rey could seriously be interpreted as romantic. Even though it wasn’t intended that way.

Rey’s theme is absolutely triumphant at this moment, like never before. Her meeting Kylo for the first time ain’t a bad thing for her.

A love story starts in tragic circumstances. And another is about to end in tragic circumstances as well. The circle is complete.

I’M CRYING NOW, HANLEIA TRASH, NOT SORRY

DAMMIT THREEPIO

Leia’s as sassy as ever.

CHEWIE HUG

BB-8 is one sassy droid.

BROOOOOS

Okay, no, so gay on Poe’s side.

People are pretty quick to accept Finn in the Resistance. *sigh* I kind of hope it will change in VIII where we’ll see more people mefiant of him (Tran? Again, that romance has SO MUCH potential. LIKE SO MUCH).

I love Doctor Kalonia.

I do wonder how the Resistance got their hands on Artoo, considering how it showed up in Bloodline.

Yup, Han definitely didn’t want Ben to leave to train with Luke.

Their dialogue is so ominous. Not getting that much info on the backstory is pretty damn frustrating. COME ON VIII.

Always trust Leia about the whole “There’s still light in him”. Always.

And switch immediately to Rey.

BE MY GUEST BE MY GUEST

Anyway…

Yeah, the whole thieves and murderers… I can’t help but think that when it comes to politics, and the Resistance and the FO, it isn’t so clear cut…

Yup, Kylo is clearly being one glorious peacock when he takes off the mask. Not to mention makeup department made Kylo as pretty as possible. And Rey is startled by what she sees, like “Oh, he’s actually human”, but she’s also checking him out.

Dat hair tho.

ASHES OF THE ENEMIES

And Kylo is checking her out too.

He tries playing the arrogant Dark prince.

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN KYLO, BECAUSE YOU’LL SPEND THE REST OF THIS TRILOGY BOWING TO YOUR QUEEN

Nah, I just can’t read this scene as an r*** metaphor. I just can’t. Kylo just doesn’t have the right attitude for it. His voice sounds an awful lot like a teenager’s, the way he’s positioned as if he venerates her if we see it from the front, and on the side, their faces are so close…

He has no sense of personal space. Just like Dad.

And man, I love how Adam Driver’s acting is so nuanced. I won’t stress this enough.

He snaps when he sees Han. Definitely.

FORCE SEX FORCE SEX FORCE SEX FORCE SEX

“I feel it too.” I HATE THIS LINE. WHAT DOES IT MEAN. ARGH.

And yeah, he totally winks at her at some point.

Kylo’s Force Purr is definitely mixing up with Rey’s Force Heartbeat. Tell me their Force Bond is gonna sound like that. Man.

Man, the chemistry between Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver is just incredible. It’d be a waste not to use it more. Totally.

Yeah, he totally looks like a child pleading to Snoke when he tries to convince to have Rey for himself. He knows Snoke could take away his toys. (I hate doing this analogy, but that’s basically it.)

Hux is so happy to get to piss on Kylo.

And Kylo totally mouthed “Shoot”.

Hux and Kylo are two kids fighting for the parent’s attention. Totally.

Yup, Kylo clearly doesn’t like the idea of planets getting blown up. Like, really not.

Yeah, how the hell did Rey learn Mind tricks? The only option is that she downloaded that from Kylo, really.

Kylo does walk like a kid. Fists clenched, unstable footsteps…

DANIEL CRAIG, LADIES AND GENTS

Wait… Kylo didn’t have his haute couture scarf while walking towards the cell… he went to put it back before going to see Rey… HE TRYING TO LOOK GOOD FOR GIRL AMIRITE

Kylo starts sabotaging the cell and Troopers are like “NOPE”.

“So, it’s big.” Han Solo, stating the real facts.

Yup, I’m pretty sure Kylo is the one sending the report to the Resistance that Starkiller Base was charging. Who else would? Certainly not Rey, and there aren’t any mentions of spies on SKB. Kylo… you traitor.

Yup, Hanleia clearly wasn’t a stable marriage. They did love each other, but… not the best environment to have a kid. The fact that Ben is the only one they had makes him look like a bit of an accident… youch.

You know, amazing people. Excellent parents? Not so much. You can be a great person and not being necessarily fit to be a parent either.

When my dad saw Han’s face when he was hugging Leia, he just said: “That’s the face of a man who knows he’s going to die.”

Female Troopers. Nice.

“The longer it takes to find her, the more dangerous she becomes.” Yup, Kylo, you know Rey downloaded some wizard tricks from you. And not so good ones.

Darn, Han.

Kylo feels Han’s presence on the SKB planet. No way he didn’t feel his presence in the final confrontation scene.

Oh, Finn… that was not a good move from you, pretending you knew how to disable the shields just to go and find Rey… it’s going to come back and bite ya in the a** for sure in VIII.

So yeah, I’m not going to bash on Finn, because he’s a saint compared to Kylo. But I really don’t think he deserves to get the saint tag a lot of people give him. Still like the guy. He’s a goofball with flaws of his own. I just hope VIII and IX will do him justice.

I can just picture Finn, Kylo and Rey getting caught in some desperate situation in IX and Finn saying: “It’s all right, guys… we’ll… you’ll… you’ll use the Force.” Queue Rey and Kylo saying simultaneously: “THAT’S NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS!”

Han, babysitter of Chewie and Finn.

CHEWIE VS BRIENNE OF TARTH

WANNA BET

I have a feeling Finn didn’t like Phasma very much…

Phasma’s armor is so damn shiny…

Ok, not r***. When Finn asked Rey if Kylo Ren hurt her, if it was r***, she would have started shaking and crying. Here, she just immediately changes subject as if it wasn’t important. But it’s clear she doesn’t understand what has happened and it’s too much beyond her.

Finn and Rey’s hug is really sweet, though.

Man, the SKB planet’s gonna get pretty damn cold with the sun gone.

And I must say Leia’s got a stomach of steel. Ready to destroy SKB while not knowing if Han and Kylo are still on it. The lady’s got some guts, war or not.

Kylo senses his father is there, and tells the Troopers to go away. He wants to comfront his father alone.

Han’s face when he sees Kylo… it’s just plain heartbreaking.

I think Chewie did know Ben when he was little. I wouldn’t be surprised if Han visited Kashyyk (that’s how you write it, right?) often.

Han looks like he’s about to cry. Same for Kylo. (Fab helmet hair btw)

Kylo makes a clear difference between Ben and Kylo Ren. Like Vader did with Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader. And he speaks like someone who’s brainwashed.

I don’t know if I talked about it before, but during the whole confrontation between Han and Kylo… Rey looks hopeful. Nervous, but hopeful. I mean, she does care for Han. A lot. And she wants him to be happy, and I think she’s seen quite a few things in Kylo’s mind. And if you pay close attention and figure out the angles, you actually see Kylo’s eyes meeting hers a few times. And she’s standing in the light. Until the light fades away and there’s symbolically and literally nothing more than darkness.

Yup, Kylo knows he’s screwed. Like so screwed. And he does want to go home.

Lost boy all right.

JUST HUG ALREADY

IDIOTS

I’m pretty sure Han knew he was going to die at that moment.

And he accepted it.

Try to re-watch ANH after that, and try not to cry when you’ll see that selfish scoundrel being sassy. I dare you.

You can clearly see a change of expression in Kylo’s face as the light fades away.

Poor Rey.

HAN

HE IS TOUCHING KYLO EXACTLY WHERE HE’S GONNA GET HIS SCAR

SOMEONE HOLD ME

THE NEXT DOUCHEBAG WHO TELLS ME KYLO REN KILLED HAN SOLO IN COLD BLOOD WILL SUFFER

Yup. With what I mentioned above, I think that one of the big reasons why she’s so angry at Kylo killing Han… she went into his mind and saw his conflict. So she simply doesn’t understand. And Rey strikes me as someone who HATES not understanding.

And I bet my a** Leia felt both Han’s death and Kylo’s despair.

Chewie clearly missed his shot on purpose.

And Kylo is a frigging beast. Still up and running to fight after a bowcaster shot.

Man, him pounding his wound… I still feel uncomfortable, even if I know it’s to get more Dark-side powerful…

Nope, I’m not really going to blame him for slamming her on a tree. She was about to shoot him.

Finn clearly doesn’t like getting called a traitor… well…

Though, seriously. Finn did get some character development since the beginning. Do you seriously think the guy we met at the beginning of the film would have fought a wannabe Sith lord, knowing fully well he had no chance of winning, all this to give his friend a chance to escape?

Character development. I don’t care what you think.

ZHE LEGACY LIGHTSABER

Whatever stupid thing I will do in my life, I will not put in on auction on EBay.

Yup, Kylo is being a glorious f****ng peacock. And he’s clearly dragging the fight and wants to hurt Finn as much as possible. In his point of view, all the bad s*** happening is all Finn’s fault. (Nope, Kylo, you’re responsible for your actions.)

HAIR PORN

Kylo punched Finn in the face. Solo genes kicking in.

LOL, Rey almost b****-slapped Kylo by calling the lightsaber XD

Man, that scene… it’s so beautiful. The Force theme playing, everything seemingly coming to a halt, the snow, and Kylo who’s just in awe, totes falling in love, and he even almost smiles – do you ever see that guy smiling?

And then how he swings his lightsaber… ARGHNH

Poe is totally the Lando of this film. Blowing up SKB just like Lando blew up the second Death Star. He has the charm and kindness too.

Yup, Kylo is not aiming to kill Rey. He had plenty of occasion to do so while she had her back turned. He’s either trying to unharm her or incapacitate her. She’s aiming to kill, and he also has to defend himself from her.

“You need a teacher!” JUST ASK HER IN MARRIAGE ALREADY

Choker shot…

Well, Rey sure can get pretty damn powerful with the Force… only for short amounts of time, though.

And yeah, she’s totally imitating Kylo’s strut at this point.

CUTTING THE WEDDING CAKE

Face slash… look at that glorious Yin Yang scar.

They get separated. And Kylo is totally standing in a heart. And he isn’t even mad!

Complete his training… I don’t like the sound of that.

Kylo’s gonna be in big trouble with Snoke in VIII.

PAPA CHEWIE SAVES THE DAY

Rey looks back. Like Lot’s wife.

REBIRTH OF A SON… I mean SUN

I love that metaphor.

Yup, I know Leia hugging Rey was a mistake… but I still like that theory that she, like Han and Luke, knows she’s the girl Ben dreamed about for so long.

Yup, Artoo and Threepio are such a gay couple.

Someone hug Leia already.

Yup, Finn and Rey are going to see each other again. But I have a feeling it won’t be in so good circumstances.

Forehead kiss = platonic love. Sorry, but yeah. The “Thank you, my friend” ain’t helping.

Rey switches from white-ish to grey. Does that mean we’ll see her in black in IX?

So Artoo was with Rey and Chewie. I’ll have to keep that in mind for my fanfic. XD

Future slaughtered huts XD

HERE COMES THE WHITE WIZARD

GANDALF

God, Luke is so dramatic.

Okay, if we keep on going by my theory where Luke recognizes Rey as Ben’s dream girl… maybe his sour face in the end is due to the fact he expected Kylo/Ben to be with her when she’d joined him?

Because… I’m not going to elaborate on it too much, because it’s almost 1 AM, but one thing I’ve noticed is that the snowfight in the vision and in real life didn’t happen in the same way. Why? Finn.

Finn is the “disturbance” in the visions. He’s probably also the reason why Rey didn’t end up with Rey on Ahch-To. Because either way, had Rey not met Finn, she still would have made her way out into the woods. And Kylo would have found her. And they probably would have had a significant talk or something.

So yeah, you’ve got Rey and Kylo, gravitating towards each other, as Yin and Yang, and Finn modifying their course. Only VIII and IX will determine if it’s for the better or the worse.

Either way, Luke doesn’t look pleased. At all.

THE END

THIS WAS RED-HERRING/SPOILERS THE MOVIE

DIRECTED BY RIVER SONG
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next