Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS

+16
BastilaBey
Sylvia Snow
guardienne
Darth Dementor
Darth_Awakened
vaderito
Armadeus
Kylo Ren
Irina de France
Xylo Ren
Mana
Force22
Darth Rowan
spacebaby45678
Rogue Rey
Reylo Lemon
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Post by Guest Sat 21 May 2016, 11:56 pm

Irina de France wrote:
Okay, if we keep on going by my theory where Luke recognizes Rey as Ben’s dream girl… maybe his sour face in the end is due to the fact he expected Kylo/Ben to be with her when she’d joined him?

Either way, Luke doesn’t look pleased. At all.
@Irina de France

You know, I always found it hilarious that Reywalkers insisted that Luke's reaction to Rey was him "recognising his daughter". He clearly looks at her as if to say "Who are you and how did you find me?", and his expression completely changes when she holds out his lightsaber. He's suddenly realises why she's here and is clearly not happy about it. But for some reason, this makes her his daughter? Like seriously?!

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Post by guardienne Sun 22 May 2016, 1:36 am

Armadeus wrote:

Ren confronts LST. THE POWER OF LIGHT COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF LIGHT COMPELS YOU!

@Armadeus

lol!

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Armadeus Sun 22 May 2016, 8:41 am

Finn sees Platt's minions accost Rey. Rushes in. FINN: My time has come. This is the moment I've been waiting my entire life for. With this one selfless deed I shall enshrine myself forever in the annals of... Oh. Well, uh... Guess my work here is done.

REY: The garbage will do. The Millennium Falcon don't get no respect.

Mitaka delivers bad news to Kylo. Guess who drew the shortest straw.

Andy Serkis does not get enough credit for his portrayal of Snoke.

FO attacks Maz's fortress. Kylo walks in. The Force Awakens? Looks to me like it's up and kicking, walking around like it's got stuff to do.

Finn ignites the lightsaber. My time has come. This is the moment I've been waiting my entire life for. With this one selfless deed I shall enshrine myself forever in the annals of... TR-8TR knocks him to the ground.

Princess Leia reunites with Han. Gotta admit, the nostalgia didn't actually hit me until this point in the movie. Throat got all tight, eyes brimmed with tears, the whole shebang.

KYLO: She is strong with the Force. Untrained, but stronger than she knows. AND YOU LET HER OUT OF YOUR SIGHT!? GET BACK IN THERE!!!

Kylo gets back to the cell. Okay, time to get up. Snoke wants to... Oh... craaaaaaap. This is bad. This is very very bad.

Bridge scene. One of the greatest scenes in SW and arguably the best acted in the entire saga. I remember the first time I saw it... it was one of those moments when, once it's all over, I realised I had actually been holding my breath. That has legitimately never happened to me before.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 22 May 2016, 8:59 am

Noticed a major hint that Finnrey is FinnNay. No elevator eyes. That's a major thing that spells sexual attraction. Kylo does it in Takodana so Rey had to know that it was a young man underneath that scary mask. A "creature" would never act like that. So the line was designed to goad him into revealing himself. OTOH, Kylo was obviously hoping that she'd give him a reason to unmask cause he took it off right away, no deliberation, no being torn whether to do it or not. It was, like, boom! Mask off! And than she gave him a stolen elevator eye glance.

That's wonderful because it's real life based behavior. Young people act like that. Guys do it more openly, girls tend to steal those check ups. It's very relatable. Rey and Kylo are starved for intimacy so they just jumped right into it.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 22 May 2016, 9:13 am

It was great move from J.J. that the first unmasking scene is the one in front of Rey. Great hint for the audience (or for those who are willing to accept what does it means exactly and where the story goes from that moment.
They even filmed chatting with DV mask and the conversation with Snoke without AD in the mask. And they put mask afterwords.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Sun 22 May 2016, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 22 May 2016, 9:38 am

@darth_awakened
That's the reason why Rey was the first person he unmasked for.  Up to that point Kylo Ren was considered a dark, mysterious, and super cool bad guy...until the mask came off.  After the unmasking theirs a split:  You either love him or think he's a weak villian.  The ones complaining he's a poor antagonist are missing the point; he's not suppose to be a proper villian.  It's why he's not as scary without the mask because we are suppose to, eventually, come around to Ben and want him to reform.

Everyone hating on Kylo are disappointed because he came off like Darth Vader 2.0 but in reality they wanted him to be like Darth Maul.  A silent wrecking machine who loses to the heroes at the end to make them look good.  We'll sorry guys Ren is the most nuanced and carefully constructed character in the whole trilogy.  The entire movies revolve around him, despite Rey being the main character.  Her journey is about her self discovery that Ben is a part of.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sun 22 May 2016, 9:50 am

the unmasking i waited for the entire time. and the readiness says it all really.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 22 May 2016, 10:05 am

Darth Dementor wrote:@darth_awakened
That's the reason why Rey was the first person he unmasked for.  Up to that point Kylo Ren was considered a dark, mysterious, and super cool bad guy...until the mask came off.  After the unmasking theirs a split:  You either love him or think he's a weak villian.  The ones complaining he's a poor antagonist are missing the point; he's not suppose to be a proper villian.  It's why he's not as scary without the mask because we are suppose to, eventually, come around to Ben and want him to reform.

Everyone hating on Kylo are disappointed because he came off like Darth Vader 2.0 but in reality they wanted him to be like Darth Maul.  A silent wrecking machine who loses to the heroes at the end to make them look good.  We'll sorry guys Ren is the most nuanced and carefully constructed character in the whole trilogy.  The entire movies revolve around him, despite Rey being the main character.  Her journey is about her self discovery that Ben is a part of.
@Darth Dementor

hear hear! I really hope they don't mess up the character because he has potential to be the greatest when all is said and done.

Unmasking was perfection. Most iconic moment in TFA. I think that's likely the most viewed SW gif ever.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 22 May 2016, 10:31 am

So my parents just mention that for some reason they just feel that Finn is so well planned for a runaway StormTrooper, he seems so confident in knowing a lot of stuffs for a mere soldier
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sun 22 May 2016, 1:53 pm

the one thing i feel towards the callbacks is that they are also classic SW imagery, just like light sabres fights are. not including them would be weird.

i'd have to see the prequels again and i remember them looking different just colour wise, especially AoTC, but don't they do similar things?
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 22 May 2016, 2:08 pm

vaderito wrote:Noticed a major hint that Finnrey is FinnNay. No elevator eyes. That's a major thing that spells sexual attraction. Kylo does it in Takodana so Rey had to know that it was a young man underneath that scary mask. A "creature" would never act like that. So the line was designed to goad him into revealing himself. OTOH, Kylo was obviously hoping that she'd give him a reason to unmask cause he took it off right away, no deliberation, no being torn whether to do it or not. It was, like, boom! Mask off! And than she gave him a stolen elevator eye glance.

That's wonderful because it's real life based behavior. Young people act like that. Guys do it more openly, girls tend to steal those check ups. It's very relatable. Rey and Kylo are starved for intimacy so they just jumped right into it.
@vaderito

[removed]

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Sun 22 May 2016, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : image contained disallowed word)
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 22 May 2016, 2:15 pm

@snufkin That's exactly how the scene played. Especially "sith".
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sun 22 May 2016, 2:16 pm

Actual manifestation of 'darkside temptation'....poor Rey, she does not stand a chance
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 22 May 2016, 2:23 pm

vaderito wrote:@snufkin That's exactly how the scene played. Especially "sith".
@vaderito

And this is what's going through his head the first time he sees her in person

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 22 May 2016, 2:32 pm

snufkin wrote:
vaderito wrote:@snufkin That's exactly how the scene played. Especially "sith".
@vaderito

And this is what's going through his head the first time he sees her in person

@snufkin

And after he unmasked, she is like

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE FORCE AWAKENS - Page 3 Large
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 22 May 2016, 9:34 pm

Finally finished my viewing. I'll post my initial thoughts then review all the others and respond.

Unmaskings are significant. Each contradicts our expectations. Finn is revealed as a soldier with fear at having just witnessed his first battle when we are used to Stormtroopers as blaster fodder. Rey is revealed as a young woman where perhaps we were expecting a man. Kylo is revealed as a handsome young man rather than the creature Rey accuses him of being.

"The one from the village - FN-2187"... How would he know?... Should be obvious he read Finn's mind at the Jakku village and chose to let him go.

My twins are 1 as of the 17th. My son doesn't really watch TV, but my daughter does. She is captivated whenever Kylo is on the screen, whether masked or unmasked. He's definitely got a dramatic presence.

Rey is established from the get-go as a woman who can take care of herself, even before she kicks Kylo's butt twice. How people see her as a victim I'm sure I don't know.

Finn and Rey are blocked in the "friend zone" on Jakku.

Rey is so freaking hot. If I were Ren I'd forget about the droid too. Droid? What droid? Screw it. I've got what I need.

"The droid... stole a freighter." Bwahaha! Never gets old.

Finn and Rey are blocked in the friend zone everywhere, in fact.

Rey is not established as being able to understand Chewbacca during their initial meeting with Han and Chewie. Subtle clue for the Force connection/bond on a first viewing, obvious after multiple viewings.

My mom and sister came over to visit my twin babies while the movie was on. Mom likes SW but she can be considered a general audience member. My sister is 10 and loves all the SW movies. They came in as Kylo was finding Rey on Takodana. Mom agrees Kylo isn't thinking with his brain as soon as he sees her - "typical Star Wars man" was her remark. Ha! I said nothing about the sex faces during Snow Fight, but it actually embarrassed me to watch that with my kid sister around this time. LOL. Mom had the most to say about Snow Fight - "What's he doing? Staring at her while she taps into the Force when he knows she can use it now too? Dumb man." She seems to pick up on the fact that Kylo behaves like a typical man who is attracted to a woman whenever Rey is around - just completely dumb and more than a bit peacockish.

My sister thinks Kylo's tantrums are hilarious (because they're supposed to be). Her reaction when he takes off his helmet - "Well, he thinks he's pretty." I nearly lost it! I'm telling you, adults act like kids' reactions are weird but kids get it better than adults sometimes. (She also calls him Ben instead of Kylo without the mask - smart kid.)

Mom unsuccessfully tried to make everyone stay quiet during Han's death scene. My sister was upset. Okay, let's be real, we were all upset. But I want to point out something in particular here - my sister is 10 (20 years my junior) and here was her reaction:

"Just come home. You want to go home so just do it. It's making you sad being bad because you're really good."

Kylo kills Han. My sister makes a sad, disappointed sound. (She's seen the movie before, but she's like everyone else. It's hard to watch Ben go through with it every single time.)

"What did you expect to happen? See, it just made you more sad." Turns to me. "He just felt bad about what he did. Why is he so mad at Finn now?" (We have a conversation about how he let Finn go at the beginning of the movie because he probably felt bad for him on Jakku, and that's what caused the chain of events that led to Han coming to SKB and Ben feeling like he had to kill him and how Ben blames other people for his choices so he blames Finn and is taking his anger at himself out on him.)

KIDS. GET. IT. That's why these movies are for children. Because kids get what's put in front of them without the horrifying judgments adults project. My 10 year old sister didn't understand why he made the choice he did, but she understood that Ben was being honest and that he felt sad both before and after he killed his father. A 10 year old understands that good people can make very bad choices. Also, she was very concerned about him still getting to come home. She wants him to start making better choices since "Rey showed him he's not the boss". (Omg, kids are the best). Okay, point made, moving on.

Mom didn't get why Leia and Rey hug. We had talked about a possible connection between Rey and Ben before, so I had to explain that Leia can probably sense her son's presence within Rey.

We laughed at how long they allowed Rey and Luke to stare at each other. That was seriously the most uncomfortable part of the movie for her, haha. Again, she's GA and she got that "that's not how a father looks at his long lost daughter". But it really bothered her that we don't know who Rey is. "Well, whose is she then?" I tell her there are a lot of theories but it the Force choosing Rey Nobody is my favorite because it's beautiful in and of itself as well as beautiful for the story of Ben Solo being humbled by the lowly scavenger. She considers it and seems like she warms to the idea.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sun 22 May 2016, 9:41 pm

Seeing Rey just going about her day on Jakku is fascinating. I can't help but think how scary it would be for her to be in that AT-AT by herself in the middle of nowhere.

Love when Finn and Rey first encounter Han and Chewy, and Finn asks Chewy about Han "Wasn't he a war hero?" and Chewy's just shrugs and is all "Meh." Laughing

Aw man, the look exchanged between Hux and Kylo when Snoke gives the okay to fire on Hosnian Prime.

Luke walked away from everything when one boy, an apprentice, destroyed it all. But Kylo was 23 when he was with Luke. But, seeing Kylo's temper tantrums, did he rage when he learned about Vader and went on a rampage?

Kylo's speech to pappy's helmet is right after he learns they will fire on Hosnian Prime. I think that was causing his "pull to the Light"

When Rey is drawn to the box with the light saber we hear her as a little girl and another child, which I think is Ben.

Aw Kylo watching Hosnian Prime being blown up. But then he wastes no time getting to Takodona.

"Luke's a Jedi.You're his father." Yes hello Luke has no children.

During the interrogation you can hear a scream right before "...and Han Solo..."

"I'm not giving you ANYthing." I love her sass. And "We'll see." so smug, so wrong, Kylo.

"BEN!" I do think Kylo was trying to avoid him.

"It's too late." Breaks my heart

Ah the light saber fight between Rey and Kylo. Visual storytelling indeed.

It looks like Rey walks past some huts on Ach-to

Luke does NOT look like someone seeing his supposed long-lost daughter.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 22 May 2016, 9:51 pm

Ok, just finished watching with my kids...again. Smile
This isn't profound, but my husband and I were laughing about how Kylo shows up after the minions start the battle, are fully fighting the battle...he shows up and starts stalking around.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 22 May 2016, 9:53 pm

Luke at the end. That was not a look of: "Oh there is my long lost daughter." No, it was a look of...'Please I am retired, just leave me alone on this lovely island....'

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3