Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8

+50
guardienne
C.V
Lily Snape
Kessel
Slade
MeadowofAshes
IoJovi
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth Dementor
BastilaBey
Birdwoman
ISeeAnIsland
Forsythia
Wizzia
LadyHa
Helix
Kyla Ren
Marchtwin
Kylo Ren
salmund
panki
Starchaser
Reynak
Blackcanary
Darth Dingbat
CienaRee
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Search Your Feelings
ZioRen
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
Xylo Ren
Reylo Lemon
snufkin
ladyconsular
Krafty
Rimfaxe96
soulluos
ZenBrainJam
Little_Boots
EchoBase
Force22
MissG
spacebaby45678
Darth_Awakened
Macha Ren
Sylvia Snow
MindAndMagic
54 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8

Post by Xylo Ren Wed 22 Jun 2016, 10:52 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:Somebody teach him personal space plz if you really want to convince me reylo's not going to happen.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Tumblr_o9263fh6cT1vp9cnbo1_540

omg someone on tumblr posted that gif and captioned it:

"When ya kissin on ya girl's neck and your mother walks in."

Is that not what basically happened?
@Xylo Ren

#ACCURATE
@Maria Antonietta

bonus points for the shadow that passes over her face when he crosses her. Wink
#eclipsed
where's @gemini at with the camera shots and lighting
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:21 am

Force22 wrote:
I also think that the "Kylo double agent" or "Kylo agent of the light" were dismissed too quickly, when these theories had some good points.

I think what contradicts these theories are the interviews with JJ and AD, claiming that Kylo is a scary villain because he thinks he's justified in what he's doing. Kylo's confession about "the pull to the light" also seems to imply he is conflicted in his loyalties, which would not happen if he had been sure he was serving the light. Kylo also goes straight to Snoke after Rey escapes, telling him she's strong with the force, which is not the best way to protect her, and also shows he trusts Snoke somehow.

And yet, Kylo lies to Snoke, Kylo fears Snoke might sense his light, Kylo knows Snoke is using him, etc.
@Force22

The bolded is true even if his cause is morally justifiable, though. Even if he genuinely needs to do what he's doing for the sake of a justifiable goal and he gains nothing from it himself, that doesn't make him any less dangerous to those who get in the way of that goal. Fanaticism is scary even if the cause is good.

"The pull to the light" could also get in the way of that goal if, for whatever reason, he needs to immerse himself in the darkness. He does say "the Supreme Leader senses it" so for some reason he does feel like he needs to suppress or hide the light in him.

As for this whole thing... I don't know. I've said it before, but Kylo is the biggest mystery box of them all. There are so many things pointing in different directions - there are Snoke's "manipulative abuser" vibes, Kylo's "mental illness" tropes as he talks to his helmet, and so on and so forth. His conflict could basically mean anything. He could be a mess just because he's torn apart inside (mental illness tropes again), or he could be torn apart because he literally knows what he needs to do but doesn't know if he has the strength to do it (possibly ultimately for the sake of a morally justifiable goal).

I know he will be redeemed, but beyond that, it's really hard to guess where exactly this story is going. I do believe Kylo having a hidden goal that's for the greater good is as much a possibility as any other, though.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 22 Jun 2016, 1:01 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:Somebody teach him personal space plz if you really want to convince me reylo's not going to happen.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Tumblr_o9263fh6cT1vp9cnbo1_540

omg someone on tumblr posted that gif and captioned it:

"When ya kissin on ya girl's neck and your mother walks in."

Is that not what basically happened?
@Xylo Ren

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Giphy
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 22 Jun 2016, 1:04 pm

He was actually touching her then....I didn't notice that before. I knew he was standing close to her but I thought he might still have his hand away from her face.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Wed 22 Jun 2016, 1:07 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:I feel the same way, @SoloSideCousin. I understand that many of us would prefer a more traditional redemption arc, and that's what I assumed we'd be getting when we still thought young Ben Solo had been corrupted at a young age and was therefore a "lost child" who needs to be brought back home. A manipulated kid who was seduced to an extremist cult at a young age making his way back home: that story would obviously have been a powerful one, with a lot of real-life relevance. But when it turned out that Ben was around 23 when he fell, it meant that (a) he was a fully grown man, and therefore had more active agency in his choices, and (b) he was apparently a good boy and a good young man up until then (or at least Leia saw him that way, and Leia isn't exactly the blinkered type) so his reasons for ending up where he is now will probably be strong ones.

Especially if he had really been targeted by Snoke from an early age and still resisted for so long... that suggests he had a strong moral core. The light that Leia still senses in him. Someone like that doesn't just wake up one day and decide that wow, the Dark Side sure looks tempting, now I want powahhh and am ready to kill everyone around me to achieve it.

I mean, Snoke's creepy abuser vibes, Kylo's "lost child" quality and all that are still there - I just feel like it's harder to sell the "young Ben Solo corrupted and brainwashed by creepy Snoke" narrative with this timeline, unless there's something really big in the backstory to change everybody's perceptions.

As you say, there's so little time. A gradual redemption of someone who genuinely starts out as an awful person can be a powerful thing, but then, that's clearly not what we're being given here with the set-up of the man Ben Solo was vs. the man Kylo Ren is now. The disparity is just too big. A sudden revelation turning a hated character into a (tragic) hero can be equally powerful (like Snape, but like I've said before, Snape was just a supporting character with a simple backstory: whatever we'd be getting with Kylo would be a lot more complex and powerful than that, I'll bet).

Well, we'll see. However they go about it will no doubt be interesting; but with all these little glimpses of a Ben Solo who once was and who might have been, the "Kylo is trying to do something for the greater good" theories begin to look more and more likely to me.
@Darth Dingbat

This is what I always thought would happen because it will take something huge for the GA audience to get over what Kylo did to Han, so it will have to be either redemption and death for him or some shocking discovery that will turn everything upside down. I bet on the second option. He seemed a man on a mission making a heart wrenching sacrifice and when he told his father he knew what he had to do he looked and sounded as if his heart was bleeding. He didn't look like a selfish entitled guy capable of doing anything for powaahh but like someone giving away his soul for a cause.

This cause could have been a terrible mistake, could have been brainwashed into him by Snoke, yes, but then the GA wouldn't be able to root for him. We need a reason that explains his tragic decision even though it can't justify it, like the reason why Jaime Lannister killed the king he had sworn to protect by drawing a sword through his back. It was because the mad king wanted to burn the city. So Jaime seemed a traitor but he broke a vow and lost his honour to save the citizens that later despised him. I think something like this is necessary to justify Kylo's way back to the Light without his paying for it with his life. This is the way stories for the GA usually go and something more daring would take more time to build up his redemption in a compelling way and also very open minded viewers. As this movie is a blocbuster for all sorts of people I think a mystery in his past and a huge danger that needs to be stopped is the best way to make most viewers accept a second chance for him.

Last edited by Reynak on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 22 Jun 2016, 1:26 pm

Reynak wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:I feel the same way, @SoloSideCousin. I understand that many of us would prefer a more traditional redemption arc, and that's what I assumed we'd be getting when we still thought young Ben Solo had been corrupted at a young age and was therefore a "lost child" who needs to be brought back home. A manipulated kid who was seduced to an extremist cult at a young age making his way back home: that story would obviously have been a powerful one, with a lot of real-life relevance. But when it turned out that Ben was around 23 when he fell, it meant that (a) he was a fully grown man, and therefore had more active agency in his choices, and (b) he was apparently a good boy and a good young man up until then (or at least Leia saw him that way, and Leia isn't exactly the blinkered type) so his reasons for ending up where he is now will probably be strong ones.

Especially if he had really been targeted by Snoke from an early age and still resisted for so long... that suggests he had a strong moral core. The light that Leia still senses in him. Someone like that doesn't just wake up one day and decide that wow, the Dark Side sure looks tempting, now I want powahhh and am ready to kill everyone around me to achieve it.

I mean, Snoke's creepy abuser vibes, Kylo's "lost child" quality and all that are still there - I just feel like it's harder to sell the "young Ben Solo corrupted and brainwashed by creepy Snoke" narrative with this timeline, unless there's something really big in the backstory to change everybody's perceptions.

As you say, there's so little time. A gradual redemption of someone who genuinely starts out as an awful person can be a powerful thing, but then, that's clearly not what we're being given here with the set-up of the man Ben Solo was vs. the man Kylo Ren is now. The disparity is just too big. A sudden revelation turning a hated character into a (tragic) hero can be equally powerful (like Snape, but like I've said before, Snape was just a supporting character with a simple backstory: whatever we'd be getting with Kylo would be a lot more complex and powerful than that, I'll bet).

Well, we'll see. However they go about it will no doubt be interesting; but with all these little glimpses of a Ben Solo who once was and who might have been, the "Kylo is trying to do something for the greater good" theories begin to look more and more likely to me.
@Darth Dingbat

This is what I always thought would happen because it will take something huge for the GA audience to get over what Kylo did to Han, so it will have to be either redemption and death for him or some shocking discovery that will turn everything upside down. I bet on the second option. He seemed a man on a mission making a heart wrenching sacrifice and when he told his father he knew what he had to do he looked and sounded as if his heart was bleeding. He didn't like a selfish entitled guy capable of doing anything for powaahh but like someone giving away his soul for a cause.

This cause could have been a terrible mistalke, could have been brainwashed into him by Snoke, yes, but then the GA wouldn't be able to root for him. We need a reason that explains his tragic decision even though it can't justify it, like the reason what Jaime Lannister killed the king he had sworn to protect by drawing a sword through his back. It was because the mad king wanted to burn the city. So Jaime seemed a traitor but he broke a vow and lost his honour to save the citizens that later despise him. I think something like this is necessary to justify Kylo's way back to the Light without his paying for it with his life. This is the way stories for the GA usually go and something more daring would take more time to build that his redemption in a compelling way and also open minded viewers. As this movie is a blocbuster for all sorts of people I think a mystery in his past and a huge danger that needs to be stopped is the best way to make most viewers accept a second chance for him.
@Reynak

I've always loved the Jaime Lannister twist, and I really suspect that we're going to get something on that level for Kylo...and I bet it will have something to do with whatever he and Luke were doing and whatever went down at the Jedi temple.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 22 Jun 2016, 1:30 pm

Some more goodies from tumblr.

Parallels:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Tumblr_o94q4fwqcO1v3dp67o1_540
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Tumblr_o94q4fwqcO1v3dp67o2_540

Also this:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Tumblr_o94hvmf8Bi1v30h62o1_400

Plz let a KoR get caught in one of her traps

And can somebody please tell me what the hell he's doing back there???

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Tumblr_o95708W4b01rncl89o1_540
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 22 Jun 2016, 1:37 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:Some more goodies from tumblr.

Parallels:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Tumblr_o94q4fwqcO1v3dp67o1_540
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Tumblr_o94q4fwqcO1v3dp67o2_540

Also this:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Tumblr_o94hvmf8Bi1v30h62o1_400

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Tumblr_o95708W4b01rncl89o1_540
@Rimfaxe96

What's the matter with her booby traps? I didn't get it lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 22 Jun 2016, 1:49 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:Some more goodies from tumblr.

Parallels:

Also this:

@Rimfaxe96

He just wants to get a new perspective of the "scavenger"
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:14 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:What's the matter with her booby traps? I didn't get it lol!
@Maria Antonietta

Just for action/epicness; imagine her installing boobytraps all over Ahch-To. The FO would be pretty screwed. Cool

Sylvia Snow wrote:He just wants to get a new perspective of the "scavenger"

By looking at her like people/animals in the "SOON" memes?

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Funny-soon-meme-bacon-wrapped-media-18
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Memes-soon

Come to think of it, this is the first time the interrogation scene is done with minor rapey undertones. I guess Lego will be the next target for an anti sh!!tstorm then. Shocked
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:22 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:What's the matter with her booby traps? I didn't get it lol!
@Maria Antonietta

Just for action/epicness; imagine her installing boobytraps all over Ahch-To. The FO would be pretty screwed. Cool

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Funny-soon-meme-bacon-wrapped-media-18
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Memes-soon

Come to think of it, this is the first time the interrogation scene is done with minor rapey undertones. I guess Lego will be the next target for an anti sh!!tstorm then. Shocked
@Rimfaxe96

Is "booby traps" a way to say bra? I'm sorry for my ignorance lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:24 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@Rimfaxe96

Rapey undertones? Why, what happens in it? I haven't seen any of the Lego stuff.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:26 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@Rimfaxe96

Is "booby traps" a way to say bra? I'm sorry for my ignorance lol!
@Maria Antonietta

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 ABYMYXQ_700b
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Slade Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:29 pm

Lol no! A booby trap is an actual hidden trap, like a bear trap.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:31 pm

Slade wrote:Lol no! A booby trap is an actual hidden trap, like a bear trap.
@Slade

No this is a booby trap

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 1ZSuAcj
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:31 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:Is "booby traps" a way to say bra? I'm sorry for my ignorance lol!

Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booby_trap

Darth Dingbat wrote:Rapey undertones? Why, what happens in it? I haven't seen any of the Lego stuff.

It's just the interrogation scene done in a funny way really. But Ren's face is too smug and in the picture above he's kinda lurking there in his corner, so I'm surprised I haven't seen any hissy fits on tumblr about it. Lego is intended for kids isn't it? Hasn't the main anti-reylo-argument been something along the lines of "WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN? DISNEY WILL NEVER ALLOW DIS OMG".
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:31 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@Rimfaxe96

Rapey undertones? Why, what happens in it? I haven't seen any of the Lego stuff.
@Darth Dingbat
He just looks like he does a funny "smoulder" when he takes off the mask, which is just meant to be a joke. The lego game is not going to take that scene seriously lol. Kylo is very much made into the emotional, emo manchild joke of the game.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:31 pm

AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorryyyyyy lol! lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:33 pm

When Reylo will become a thing, I can't wait to see all the jokes Lego is going to come up with.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:36 pm

Irina de France wrote:When Reylo will become a thing, I can't wait to see all the jokes Lego is going to come up with.
@Irina de France

I can't wait for the reylo memes to hit. Cool
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:43 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
Irina de France wrote:When Reylo will become a thing, I can't wait to see all the jokes Lego is going to come up with.
@Irina de France

I can't wait for the reylo memes to hit. Cool
@Rimfaxe96

I just want something along the lines of Babysitter!Luke dealing with two horny teenagers who just need to get a room already...
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:46 pm

Irina de France wrote:I just want something along the lines of Babysitter!Luke dealing with two horny teenagers who just need to get a room already...
@Irina de France

What about Leia? Her son runs off, she sends the girl to get him back, then her son runs off again - with the girl!

Also some more stuff like this, now that SKB was blown to bits:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Meme-star-wars-80
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:47 pm

Slade wrote:Lol no! A booby trap is an actual hidden trap, like a bear trap.
@Slade

Right. If you've seen Home Alone or Skyfall, they were the makeshift traps that the protagonists used to rig the houses before the burglars (in Home Alone) or Javier Bardem's crew (in Skyfall) invaded the homes and attacked.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:48 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
Irina de France wrote:I just want something along the lines of Babysitter!Luke dealing with two horny teenagers who just need to get a room already...
@Irina de France

What about Leia? Her son runs off, she sends the girl to get him back, then her son runs off again - with the girl!

Also some more stuff like this, now that SKB was blown to bits:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 11 Meme-star-wars-80
@Rimfaxe96

Leia would be like: "This is all Han's fault - he gave him those stupid genes of running off with a gir - oh wait I also ran off with him. Oops."
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next