Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8

+50
guardienne
C.V
Lily Snape
Kessel
Slade
MeadowofAshes
IoJovi
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth Dementor
BastilaBey
Birdwoman
ISeeAnIsland
Forsythia
Wizzia
LadyHa
Helix
Kyla Ren
Marchtwin
Kylo Ren
salmund
panki
Starchaser
Reynak
Blackcanary
Darth Dingbat
CienaRee
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Search Your Feelings
ZioRen
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
Xylo Ren
Reylo Lemon
snufkin
ladyconsular
Krafty
Rimfaxe96
soulluos
ZenBrainJam
Little_Boots
EchoBase
Force22
MissG
spacebaby45678
Darth_Awakened
Macha Ren
Sylvia Snow
MindAndMagic
54 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 06 Jul 2016, 3:04 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Darth Dementor wrote:Yesterday I had the same conversation on a football forum. One poster still insisted Rey was Luke's daughter. Just to summarize,
I reiterated JJ letting the cat out the bag and posted the same gif as above. I added if they were cousins this would be a very awkward and creepy moment to put in a family movie. The whole reason he carried her like that was to convey sexual intrest. I also pointed how Rey found Ben physically attractive after he unmasked. So, them showing attraction to one another out and out means they're not related. Disney isn't going to put something like that in their movies.

One antis exact words: "Dude...I don't know what vibes you picked up from those scenes but I don't think anyone would agree with you." And of course there was still insistence on Rey still being Lukes. The main reason because he was only in TFA for "two seconds" so he doesn't count as being in the movie. Laughing

@Darth Dementor I'm curious, what where other poster's opinions on the matter? Where there open-minded ones or did they all share the Rey is Luke's child opinion?

@AppleCrumble122

I counted two posters in the parts of the thread I read that picked up Kylo isn't supposed to be a conventional villian, and was supposed to be conflicted. Ironically one of them was the guy I quoted as writing no one else saw what I saw with the bridal carry.

And no one even considered the possibility of Reylo. Most still think she is a Skywalker.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8

Post by ladyconsular Wed 06 Jul 2016, 3:04 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
ladyconsular wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
ladyconsular wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:It is funny. I did not pick up on the bridal carry in my first viewing.  I did pick up on the putting her to sleep.  I thought that was odd...why did he put her to sleep and then kidnap her.  Why didn't he just take her awake?!! Smile
@Birdwoman

I spent the first part of the movie shipping Rey with Finn but once that bridal-style carry scene happened I started to think I had the wrong guy in mind lol the moment he carried her off like that I was curious about what he would look like. Once he revealed himself then I thought "oh damn... well that's that then. He's her other half"
@ladyconsular

I didn't really pick up on Reylo in my first viewing, but I also immediately didn't think there was any romantic chemistry between Rey and Finn. I assumed he was supposed to be the love interest but I remember complaining after I left the theater that he had much more chemistry with the pilot guy than he did with Rey. (I also knew the moment I saw Poe and Finn interact that they would be THE ship on a lot of Tumblr haha)
@ZioRen

It's weird - when I first watched TFA, I thought Rey and Finn were meant to be The Couple when they first met, and I even "shipped" them. I thought they were both delightful, so it seemed natural to me that delightful + delightful = double delightful! Everything was delightful! I was back in the GFFA, wheeeee!

But by the time they got to Takodana it seemed obvious to me that the film flagged them as friends and was intentionally stifling any "spark" between them. I had no idea of Reylo, so I just assumed there wasn't going to be any romance.

I think I "saw" Reylo in the Snow Fight, as I'd found Rey's and Kylo's interactions increasingly weird - not romantic, but "weird". "You need a teacher" was the cherry on the weird sundae. It didn't really sink in until a few hours later, though, when I couldn't stop thinking about the dynamic. Laughing
@Darth Dingbat

Pretty much how I felt but for me I kept going back and forth lol

I watch Finn and Rey meet. He keeps trying to be her knight in shinning armor and asks if she has a cute boyfriend. He asks her to come with him, tells her she looked at him like no one ever has and then the forest scene happens. So I'm thinking "alright what will happen now?" The interrogation scene comes up. "Wow this is definitely getting interesting. Is this going to be a triangle?" Then the hug at the base happens and Han is smiling. "Oh damn I still ship this too..." then Ren almost pleads with her to become her teacher and I'm like... "oh come on!" I left the theater just thinking it all over for a good few days before I concluded Reylo would be far more interesting than Rey falling for a Stormtrooper. Not only is he Han and Leia's son, but she bonded with his father and mother and is now his foil. How can they not make it more?
@ladyconsular

I also thought that they were setting up a triangle at first. To me, it appeared that both Finn and Kylo were interested in Rey, although Finn on more of a "puppy dog" level, whereas I read Kylo was being seductive. I figured that as things played out, Kylo would be a dangerous temptation for Rey (although I did expect him to ultimately be redeemed) whereas Finn would be the nice "safe" choice.

TBH, I still thought that they might be going the triangle route until the leaks about Finn and KMT started coming out. Then we had Boyegate and Adam filming in Ireland, and I became a whole lot more confident that Reylo would be the "central romance" of the ST.
@ISeeAnIsland

That's the thing isn't it? I actually thought VIII would have a lot more of Finn and Rey together, but now he's paired off with another girl and Rey is stuck with Kylo and Luke. It seems like no one will reunite until maybe the very end of the movie or not even until IX! The triangle might have been fun but today if you ship characters it's like walking through a minefield. The idea actually reminded me of another Disney movie though. The Pocahontas sequel. She ends up with the other John who is the actual one she married in real life.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jul 2016, 3:18 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:
I counted two posters in the parts of the thread I read that picked up Kylo isn't supposed to be a conventional villian, and was supposed to be conflicted. Ironically one of them was the guy I quoted as writing no one else saw what I saw with the bridal carry.

And no one even considered the possibility of Reylo. Most still think she is a Skywalker.

@Darth Dementor Interesting. Would you say they're part of the GA though? Regardless, it will probably make Episode VIII be even more of a surprise to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 06 Jul 2016, 3:22 pm

ZioRen wrote:
ladyconsular wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:It is funny. I did not pick up on the bridal carry in my first viewing. I did pick up on the putting her to sleep. I thought that was odd...why did he put her to sleep and then kidnap her. Why didn't he just take her awake?!! Smile
@Birdwoman

I spent the first part of the movie shipping Rey with Finn but once that bridal-style carry scene happened I started to think I had the wrong guy in mind lol the moment he carried her off like that I was curious about what he would look like. Once he revealed himself then I thought "oh damn... well that's that then. He's her other half"
@ladyconsular

I didn't really pick up on Reylo in my first viewing, but I also immediately didn't think there was any romantic chemistry between Rey and Finn. I assumed he was supposed to be the love interest but I remember complaining after I left the theater that he had much more chemistry with the pilot guy than he did with Rey. (I also knew the moment I saw Poe and Finn interact that they would be THE ship on a lot of Tumblr haha)
@ZioRen

Same here with not picking up Reylo. I thought FinnRey would start one sided then gradually grow with Rey developing feelings for Rey as the series progress. But looking at it now Rey had immediate sparks with Kylo (both literal and figurative).

What's a more romantic way to first meet someone, in a movie: the girl beating up the guy calling him a thief, with her buddy getting a couple shots in. Then when he touches her she screams for him to stop putting his hands on her. On top of being in some dodgy junkyard? Or, in a forest with just the two of them culminating with the guy carrying her away like she's his future misses? Just saying I would rather be the guy in the forest.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 06 Jul 2016, 3:31 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Darth Dementor wrote:

@Darth Dementor Interesting. Would you say they're part of the GA though? Regardless, it will probably make Episode VIII be even more of a surprise to them.

@AppleCrumble122

Yeah that pretty much sums up the GA's perception. More and more I'm thinking the combo of Rey NOT being a Skywalker and Reylo will serve as the "I am your father moment."

Even on a comic book forum I frequent, which is several steps above the GA, Reylo is somewhat of a surprise when I talk about it. One buddy on it noticed how Rey and Kylo were put together on the TFA poster and thought it may mean something. I gave a condensed explanation of some of our theories. I didn't out and out say they would get together but left it as they are connected and ying and yang. He said it sounded really interesting and wanted to hear more.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Wed 06 Jul 2016, 4:12 pm

Irina de France wrote:The bridal carry was a work of art. She faints, and it definitely looks everything but harmful, she drops on the ground very gracefully but he just catches her in the blink of an eye and carries her away as if she weighted as much as a feather...

#cousins, d'huh.

Nah, seriously, I saw the bridal carry for the first time and my face basically looked like this:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 40 Tumblr_leczeiXPOO1qdlkgg
@Irina de France

lol!
That's basically how I looked my entire first viewing because I saw Reylo instantly! Albeit I was severely weirded out by it, but I saw it! As I've said before I thought the filmmakers were wanting me to think they were cousins so I felt weird for seeing and feeling their sexual energy and strong male and female dynamic....and liking it... a lot Wink

@Mana
Do you know how we can see the results of that survey when it's done? Can somebody post it here? I pretty much rely on this site to keep me up to date on things because I'm still floundering in all this fandom stuff. Very Happy
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Wed 06 Jul 2016, 4:48 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:This is how it was supposed to happen in the movies (according to script, novels, and now Lego):

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 40 Tumblr_o9fwadG7wR1qkbiaio3_400

She falls to the ground and then he carries her.

This is what actually made the cut:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 40 Tumblr_o4ikt3o2xE1v7o9alo1_500

Makes a difference?

You decide.
@Xylo Ren

Right?That's why it's so funny when the antis try to make the excuse that we only saw the potential for romance because they're a man and a woman yet we Chewie carried Finn as well but we don't think they're going to have a romance.
It's kind of a big deal that they ended up changing the scene like it was originally suppose to be just like they changed seeing Kylo without a mask in the scene where he's with Snoke and Hux.
We're not imagining things the writers wanted us to see the differences and question the reasons for that.
@CienaRee

I will stand by the logic that he did not have to carry her at all unless he was alone (which he wasn't). And if he did have to carry her, he would not have carried her like that. Where did he learn that anyway? I wonder if he'd ever seen a man carry a woman like that. There are so many different ways to carry a person and he literally chose the most romantic looking one, even if he didn't mean to. It's just odd, and that's what stood out to me the first time I saw it. Not the snow fight choker shots, not the "I can take whatever I want", not the "I watched you sleep" stuff. It was the image of him carrying her so close to his body like this that burned in my mind as something very, very, odd. It was also the most overt romantic trope they used. It was risky but it's something that you could pick up on the first viewing, and then slowly see the other things on subsequent viewings.

The other thing that itched at my brain was the teacher proposal. It came out of left field. Neutral
@Xylo Ren

"Yes, exactly, exactly"  Very Happy He could have let the Stormtroopers carry Rey instead of carrying her personally. It's such a contrast to the abduction of Poe, who is dragged on board by Stormtroopers. And Kylo could have just thrown Rey over his shoulder instead of carrying her bridal style, she wouldn't even have minded/noticed since she was unconscious.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 06 Jul 2016, 6:50 pm

Ways of how Kylo could had carried Rey or is it the opposite?! Laughing

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 40 812c6f60697c8d4a92b53e1e89631316

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 40 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIdd4qzSdY6a4uiNcL65l7NWV_dsqkOM_v8gOHC0w5Fxnp_bU4FA
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Wed 06 Jul 2016, 7:00 pm

That bottom on is how Rey will carry Kylo on their wedding night! Twisted Evil
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 06 Jul 2016, 10:17 pm

@Slade

It would be a wild night, considering how clueless he was Mwehe
Also the bottom right one, somehow it look so cute to see Grinch Kylo carried his gift away
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Thu 07 Jul 2016, 2:38 am

A little quote from the Revenge of the Sith novelization:

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.

Love is more than a candle.

Love can ignite the stars.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40