Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

+55
Rei of Sunshine
creepi0
ZenBrainJam
Lily Snape
Darth Rowan
MoonlitMoss
reylo1992
MissG
Kaleyna
Darth Dingbat
CienaRee
vaderito
MindAndMagic
BastilaBey
Darth_Awakened
Slade
Gemini
snufkin
MeadowofAshes
SoloSideCousin
Birdwoman
Xylo Ren
FrolickingFizzgig
Little_Boots
Rimfaxe96
Force22
IoJovi
rey09
ZioRen
Saracene
Irina de France
Armadeus
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
jakkusun
Hasi
ReyofLightSide
Jakku
LadyHa
Kessel
ISeeAnIsland
Speksy
motherofpearl1
MelBee
Darth Dementor
Mana
Helix
panki
BenRey
Krafty
EchoBase
Sylvia Snow
Reylo Lemon
spacebaby45678
guardienne
AnneNeville
59 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by snufkin Tue 09 Aug 2016, 6:09 pm

vaderito wrote:
snufkin wrote:Williams definitely gives off the "if I wasn't married and 60 years younger" when talking about Rey/Ridley
@snufkin

OMG, TOTALLY! :lol: :lol: :lol:
@vaderito

I don't ever recall any quotes from him about Leia or Padme (and lbh, Padme may be beautiful, but she's the boring student body president who has a secret fling with one of the JV football players & gets knocked up). Williams looooooves Rey and made a comment to the effect that he planned on sticking around long enough to score the next two movies because he doesn't want anybody else writing music for her.

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2016, 6:24 pm

I like this speculation about Rey and Kylo's lightsabers. I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it but it can always be posted elsewhere if needs be http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-08-08/could-reys-lightsaber-colour-hold-the-key-to-star-wars-episode-viii

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 09 Aug 2016, 6:34 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I like this speculation about Rey and Kylo's lightsabers. I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it but it can always be posted elsewhere if needs be http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-08-08/could-reys-lightsaber-colour-hold-the-key-to-star-wars-episode-viii
@Mrs Ben Solo

Oh I like these kind of speculations! But for me, they won't switch places, they'll join and balance the Force together Smile
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 09 Aug 2016, 6:39 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I like this speculation about Rey and Kylo's lightsabers. I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it but it can always be posted elsewhere if needs be http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-08-08/could-reys-lightsaber-colour-hold-the-key-to-star-wars-episode-viii
@Mrs Ben Solo

Oh I like these kind of speculations! But for me, they won't switch places, they'll join and balance the Force together Smile
@Maria Antonietta

I tend to agree, although I have thought that Rey might turn towards the dark side, at least temporarily, either while Kylo is still dark or maybe as he moves towards the light.  But I think no matter what, ultimately they'll probably both end up meeting in the middle and being grey together. Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 09 Aug 2016, 6:55 pm

Rey's arm & Kylo's face:

A lot was already said about the positions of Rey and Kylo's lightsabers in this scene. Here some comments about Rey and Kylo's attitude during the "you see him looking at her" shot (cf. JJ Abram's quote), this time focusing on his face and her arm:  

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 18olvn10
Rey closes her eyes, raises her chin and she seems to get a little closer to Kylo just before the camera cuts (this is at least the impression that I get as the camera zooms a little on her face at that moment). Then, an extreme close-up focuses on Kylo who suddently shakes his head and widden his eyes. So he seems to react stunned because of something...

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 18om5p10
Just after that, the camera dezooms and let Rey's head appear suddently on the right side of the screen. I hadn't noticed such detail  until now because I always focused on Kylo's face. I find interesting to pay attention to that because it seems to indicate that Rey actually got closer to Ren meanwhile. While having a look on Kylos face in slow motion, I find his reaction  to Rey's proximity interesting: he not only looks stunned but somehow a little unease. While his face is aligned with Rey's arm at the beginning of the shot, he tilts his head back a bit, looks a little unsure and sorts of tremble just after she appears on the screen. But even more interesting is what happens next...

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 18omj210
Just after Kylo tilts his head back,I have noticed an interesting thing that I never picked up before because it is barely visible without slow motion and the camera cuts quickly to Rey's face again. We can see that Rey's arm moves a little from the left to the right/from the rear to the front and immediately after that Kylo's face also moves a little from the left to the right/from the rear to the front so that his face gets closer to Rey's face again. I don't know if I imagine things  but it really gives me the impression that the movement was shot in a way that it looks like Rey's arm is pulling Kylo's face closer to her. And then, the camera cuts to Rey's face that we apparently see from Kylo's POV and she looks definitely closer to him than in the previous shot where she closes her eyes. With her chin raised toward him, her eyes closed and her mouth opened, it looks a little like she's expecting a kiss  Question

I don't know why but now this reminds me a little of that kind of attitude in other movies:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 1111
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 09 Aug 2016, 8:47 pm

@reylo1992 Another brilliant analysis! I think you are on the money and that they definitely played with the trope where male/female fighters with crossed swords kiss. So you expect a kiss or at least know this is the moment where it should happen. I mean, she even closes her eyes like heroines in old movies:

@Xylo Ren Excellent points about music. I like Romeo&Juliet part, however, because it's so unexpected in that it's very old-fashioned and you know it sounds like something that you know. Turns out, it's the iconic love story.  cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 09 Aug 2016, 10:32 pm

vaderito wrote:@reylo1992 Another brilliant analysis! I think you are on the money and that they definitely played with the trope where male/female fighters with crossed swords kiss. So you expect a kiss or at least know this is the moment where it should happen. I mean, she even closes her eyes like heroines in old movies:

@vaderito

If they're going with the classics for trope references, can't wait for this scene!

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Tue 09 Aug 2016, 10:51 pm

vaderito wrote:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 Tumblr_obm7gulwIO1rp4uy8o1_250

@vaderito

This might be over analyze but in this particular gif, the eyes of Kylo look more and more brighter due to the light, his lips slightly parted as if he's witnessing somethings that is so amazing or beautiful, while Rey's eyes grow darker, more seductive
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 09 Aug 2016, 11:26 pm

When Reywalkers say to you, without irony, "If love of family can't save Kylo Ren from the darkness, what can?"

Gee.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 Large

I have.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 Kylo-Ren-GIF-by-reylo-musings-tumblr-kylo-ren-39431080-430-278

No clue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 Giphy
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 10 Aug 2016, 1:07 am

BastilaBey wrote:When Reywalkers say to you, without irony, "If love of family can't save Kylo Ren from the darkness, what can?"

Gee.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 Large

I have.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 Kylo-Ren-GIF-by-reylo-musings-tumblr-kylo-ren-39431080-430-278

No clue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 9 - Page 40 Giphy
@BastilaBey

lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40