Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VIII

+25
BastilaBey
IoJovi
Xylo Ren
Macha Ren
Jakku
panki
Reylo Lemon
Rimfaxe96
BenRey
Slade
Darth Dingbat
Saracene
vaderito
naberrie93
snufkin
Darth Dementor
Airemyn
SoloSideCousin
Search Your Feelings
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
ISeeAnIsland
ashesforfoxes
Mana
Kessel
RKR Connection
29 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VIII - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VIII

Post by vaderito Tue 02 Aug 2016, 7:46 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
vaderito wrote:yeha, people should get over themselves and most of all admit that Social Media are big fat failure. They are hotbed for all kinds of extremism (also see Tumblr anti who posted pictures of himself/herself target shooting Reylo art).

@vaderito What. The. F***! Seriously?!?!?! affraid affraid affraid

@AppleCrumble122

yep, what's next, shoot Daisy and/or Adam?

http://reykenobiandbensolo.tumblr.com/post/148328573262/roane72-kylo-wouldnt-like-those-chips

Antis are disgusted too;

http://redgreeneyes.tumblr.com/post/148333417508/after-the-pellet-shooting-incident-i-decided-that
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VIII - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VIII

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 02 Aug 2016, 8:07 am

I really don't find this sort of thing even amusing anymore Neutral

It's one thing to sneer and mock your fellow fans for liking the "wrong" thing (which is ridiculous in itself, if you actually follow them around the interwebs to taunt and harass them), but in this kind of an atmosphere, it wouldn't surprise me if some particularly insane anti actually goes out of their way to hurt a Reylo fan who happens to be wearing the wrong t-shirt in public. It's starting to look like football hooliganism - supporters of the "wrong" team are Enemies with a capital E.

And what are they going to do when Reylo actually happens? Are they going to start threatening LF, Rian, Pablo and the actors?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 02 Aug 2016, 8:19 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:I really don't find this sort of thing even amusing anymore Neutral

It's one thing to sneer and mock your fellow fans for liking the "wrong" thing (which is ridiculous in itself, if you actually follow them around the interwebs to taunt and harass them), but in this kind of an atmosphere, it wouldn't surprise me if some particularly insane anti actually goes out of their way to hurt a Reylo fan who happens to be wearing the wrong t-shirt in public. It's starting to look like football hooliganism - supporters of the "wrong" team are Enemies with a capital E.

And what are they going to do when Reylo actually happens? Are they going to start threatening LF, Rian, Pablo and the actors?
@Darth Dingbat

it's good to see that antis are against this. Some lines shouldn't be crossed.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 02 Aug 2016, 8:24 am

I wouldn't put it past a crazy anti to try and hurt a Reylo fan.....I bet they'd thrown some epic fits in the cinema and ruin everybody's movie experience....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 02 Aug 2016, 8:47 am

vaderito wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
vaderito wrote:yeha, people should get over themselves and most of all admit that Social Media are big fat failure. They are hotbed for all kinds of extremism (also see Tumblr anti who posted pictures of himself/herself target shooting Reylo art).

@vaderito What. The. F***! Seriously?!?!?!  affraid  affraid  affraid

@AppleCrumble122

yep, what's next, shoot Daisy and/or Adam?

http://reykenobiandbensolo.tumblr.com/post/148328573262/roane72-kylo-wouldnt-like-those-chips

Antis are disgusted too;

http://redgreeneyes.tumblr.com/post/148333417508/after-the-pellet-shooting-incident-i-decided-that

This makes me not want to ever be in a fandom again. Star Wars and specifically Reylo is the first online experience I've really had with "fandUMB". These people that take it too far are seriously disturbed on a mental health level, and I don't mean this rudely but there are some people out there that are really sick.

We need to pray that they don't take it out on real people, that'd be awful guys...don't say that....

All this person accomplished was sickening fellow antis and creating some degree of sympathy for Reylo followers. You know, people that just enjoy the idea of the narrative already set up in...THE MOVIE??!!!!

Anyway he deleted it, and went on to apologize in proceeding posts. Some people just take it too far and don't realize it because of what I said above.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 02 Aug 2016, 8:51 am

Xylo Ren wrote:  
This makes me not want to ever be in a fandom again. Star Wars and specifically Reylo is the first online experience I've really had with "fandUMB". These people that take it too far are seriously disturbed on a mental health level, and I don't mean this rudely but there are some people out there that are really sick.

We need to pray that they don't take it out on real people, that'd be awful guys...don't say that....

All this person accomplished was sickening fellow antis and creating some degree of sympathy for Reylo followers. You know, people that just enjoy the idea of the narrative already set up in...THE MOVIE??!!!!

Anyway he deleted it, and went on to apologize in proceeding posts. Some people just take it too far and don't realize it because of what I said above.
@Xylo Ren

good. I don't know why he thought it was going to fly. I had no doubt that Reylos AND antis would be sickened. It's just...ugh.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 02 Aug 2016, 8:54 am

Glancing at his Tumblr, though, he doesn't seem especially sorry. He's pretty much saying that he was forced to take the post down because Reylos overreacted.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 8:55 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:Glancing at his Tumblr, though, he doesn't seem especially sorry. He's pretty much saying that he was forced to take the post down because Reylos overreacted.

@Darth Dingbat Excuses excuses! He got called out by Reylos, neutrals and antis alike and he knows it! He's taken it down in order to not pour any more fuel on the fire.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:08 am

I don't think there's anything anti's can do anymore that would shock me at this point. What a Face

It's one thing to have a NOTP (pairing you absolutely hate) - there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But to do that? Kriff what has gotten into people?

When I ordered my 2017 Star Wars Celebration ticket, the first thing I got in my email box was a long paragraph detailing their anti-harassment policy. It was very direct and in your face, and I thought it was a bit strongly worded, especially since it was put at the top of the terms and conditions. I laughed it off thinking yeah, they're anticipating "issues" between the Reylos and the Reywalkers, but really, who gets in fights at Star Wars conventions?

After reading this kind of crap, it's sad because I'm SURE there's very valid reason the first thing they send you is their very detailed anti-harassment policy.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:13 am

IoJovi wrote:I don't think there's anything anti's can do anymore that would shock me at this point.  What a Face

It's one thing to have a NOTP (pairing you absolutely hate) - there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  But to do that?   Kriff what has gotten into people?  

When I ordered my 2017 Star Wars Celebration ticket, the first thing I got in my email box was a long paragraph detailing their anti-harassment policy.  It was very direct and in your face, and I thought it was a bit strongly worded, especially since it was put at the top of the terms and conditions.  I laughed it off thinking yeah, they're anticipating "issues" between the Reylos and the Reywalkers, but really, who gets in fights at Star Wars conventions?  

After reading this kind of crap, it's sad because I'm SURE there's very valid reason the first thing they send you is their very detailed anti-harassment policy.

@IoJovi Wow... just wow... I mean I know they don't want fans harassing the cast or crew or cosplayers, but I wouldn't be surprised if LF is anticipting something like this in the run-up to VIII. I mean they know all about the s*** that Claudia Gray and Erik Maell got and the whole #whereisfinn thing and how nasty that got. I bet you £100 they know all about antis sending Reylo fans death threats among other things. The whole thing is just... sad... very sad... SW is supposed to be fun and bring the whole fandom together, not be like... this!

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:20 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:I don't think there's anything anti's can do anymore that would shock me at this point.  What a Face

It's one thing to have a NOTP (pairing you absolutely hate) - there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  But to do that?   Kriff what has gotten into people?  

When I ordered my 2017 Star Wars Celebration ticket, the first thing I got in my email box was a long paragraph detailing their anti-harassment policy.  It was very direct and in your face, and I thought it was a bit strongly worded, especially since it was put at the top of the terms and conditions.  I laughed it off thinking yeah, they're anticipating "issues" between the Reylos and the Reywalkers, but really, who gets in fights at Star Wars conventions?  

@IoJovi Wow... just wow... I mean I know they don't want fans harassing the cast or crew or cosplayers, but I wouldn't be surprised if LF is anticipting something like this in the run-up to VIII. I mean they know all about the s*** that Claudia Gray and Erik Maell got and the whole #whereisfinn thing and how nasty that got. I bet you £100 they know all about antis sending Reylo fans death threats among other things. The whole thing is just... sad... very sad... SW is supposed to be fun and bring the whole fandom together, not be like... this!
@AppleCrumble122

And yet nobody's doing anything to stop it. Pablo basically put all shippers in the same basket, like "you all look same to me". That kind of attitude lets extremists run rampant because disinterested parties think everyone acts the same.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:21 am

Not sure if you have ordered your tickets yet, but when you do, it's the first thing you'll see. The day I got it ordered my tickets I thought, well that's weird. Probably has to do with the Reywalkers (or even better, the Plagueis groupies wanting to harass Pablo), and I laughed it off.

The examples above though aren't funny at all, and are no laughing matter.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:22 am

I just hope LF knows what they're doing, and now, do everything within their power to make Kylo the most teary-eyed, puppy-dog, give-me-a-hug-and-cookies type of sympathetic soul that ever graced the silver screen. Or else this will only continue.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:23 am

vaderito wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@AppleCrumble122

And yet nobody's doing anything to stop it. Pablo basically put all shippers in the same basket, like "you all look same to me". That kind of attitude lets extremists run rampant because disinterested parties think everyone acts the same.

@vaderito But what can they do? They can't control the actions of crazy antis. And he's called both parties out before, but like I said he can't control them no more than Rowling could control the shipping wars in the Harry Potter fandom for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:23 am

Anti's are probably cowards in real life. People who make it a pastime to creating hate blogs on the internet usually don't have he spine to confront the targets of their hate in real life...but just the same, you never know with these crazies...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:28 am

I think LF/Disney are going to have to start managing expectations fairly soon, so that tensions don't start to erupt into something dangerous. I know they want to keep the big romance as a surprise for the majority of the GA, but I doubt they expected quite this much hostility to the idea among the nerderazzi. It's really struck a nerve, hasn't it?

In some ways it feels like an echo of what's happening in the USA with Trump, and here in the UK with Brexit. A segment of the population wants the certainty of hate and blaming, and for once they're being given validation by authority figures.

AD doesn't look like he needs too much protection, but I hope LF are looking out for him.
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:30 am

@AppleCrumble122 They can do a lot. For example, clear up confusion. They should have let JJ debunk Reywalker like he did but, no, they had to make him backtrack which fuels antis who won't let go. Someone should have said something when Claudia, artists, Rian, etc were attacked.

Whatever. I just hope nobody actually gets shot. Nobody took Aurora loon's obsession seriously and look what happened.

@Mana Antis who took a stand against that stupid art shooting Tumblr showed courage. The rest is minor compared to this. But yes, this art shooting anti is a coward.

Last edited by vaderito on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:31 am

vaderito wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@AppleCrumble122

@vaderito

I'm not sure what Pablo could do to stop it. He has probably been personally harassed by anti and pro Reylo shippers so I can understand him not feeling particularly charitable to either.

The whole fandom on the internet thing has become as toxic as everything else that social media touches. For all its upsides, there are a lot of awful and damaged people out there who are determined to ruin it for everyone else. These people aren't true fans of anything, they aren't even true antis, they just like setting fire to stuff and standing back to enjoy the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:33 am

@Mrs ben Solo he cna't stop it but viewing all fandoms as the same crazy bunch doesn't help either. There is a difference.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:37 am

vaderito wrote:@AppleCrumble122 They can do a lot. For example, clear up confusion. They should have let JJ debunk Reywalker like he did but, no, they had to make him backtrack which fuels antis who won't let go. Someone should have said something when Claudia, artists, Rian, etc were attacked.

Whatever. I just hope nobody actually gets shot. Nobody took Aurora loon's obsession seriously and look what happened.

@vaderito They're not going to debunk Reywalker cuz "mysteries" and "speculation" *cough* and "misdirection". But I agree someone should've said something in regards to Claudia Gray and Erik Maell as that BS was just shocking and bang out of order! Thankfully they handled themselves really well and bravo to them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:44 am

vaderito wrote:@Mrs ben Solo he cna't stop it but viewing all fandoms as the same crazy bunch doesn't help either. There is a difference.
@vaderito

I'm not sure there is a difference from his perspective. He gets sent abusive tweets every single day. Not all Reylo shippers are as restrained as we've been (for the most part!) I believe he's deleted his account in the past because of the haters. There are whole threads on certain other forums and Reddit dedicated to bashing Pablo. You can tell by the tone of his tweets that it gets to him, even if he tries to stay snarky about it. If he spoke out in favour of Reylo, which he wouldn't do, it would only make things worse for him and Reylo shippers as a whole. The antis wouldn't listen to a word he said, look at the hate he got over the Obi-Wan Kenobi thing and the BBL (Bring Back Legends) people hate him with a fiery passion.

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:47 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
vaderito wrote:@AppleCrumble122 They can do a lot. For example, clear up confusion. They should have let JJ debunk Reywalker like he did but, no, they had to make him backtrack which fuels antis who won't let go. Someone should have said something when Claudia, artists, Rian, etc were attacked.

@vaderito They're not going to debunk Reywalker cuz "mysteries" and "speculation" *cough* and "misdirection". But I agree someone should've said something in regards to Claudia Gray and Erik Maell as that BS was just shocking and bang out of order! Thankfully they handled themselves really well and bravo to them!

@AppleCrumble122

Exactly. You don't have to debunk the fan theories keeping the mystery of the story alive, but you can absolutely condemn that kind of behavior towards LF writers and artists.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:50 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
vaderito wrote:@Mrs ben Solo he cna't stop it but viewing all fandoms as the same crazy bunch doesn't help either. There is a difference.
@vaderito

I'm not sure there is a difference from his perspective. He gets sent abusive tweets every single day. Not all Reylo shippers are as restrained as we've been (for the most part!) I believe he's deleted his account in the past because of the haters. There are whole threads on certain other forums and Reddit dedicated to bashing Pablo. You can tell by the tone of his tweets that it gets to him, even if he tries to stay snarky about it. If he spoke out in favour of Reylo, which he wouldn't do, it would only make things worse for him and Reylo shippers. The antis wouldn't listen to a word he said, look at the hate he got over the Obi-Wan Kenobi thing and the BBL (Bring Back Legends) people hate him with a fiery passion.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I don't blame him I just think that post about all fandom being the same wasn't the smartest thing.

In regards to Reylo art shooting, that person likely declares himself a Rey/DR fan yet he shot art that depicts her character and bares likeness to the actress. Some fan indeed.

Art shooting incident is too much and it's a direct product of artist abuse that nobody did anything about. Fans were defending the artist, officials didn't. Simply put, when extremists see that they can get away with sith, craziest among them take it a step too far. It's good that the incident brought people together - Reylos, neutrals, antis - and they all spoke against it forcing him to take it down. But that's how things escalate.

Last edited by vaderito on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:50 am

I'm seriously concerned about the safety of the actors and also other members of the cast and crew regarding this - it's one thing to dislike something but this is disturbing and frankly disgusting. I know Adam's an ex Marine and trained to defend himself but no one can defend themselves against a nutjob with a gun. Bad enough Rey getting stick for her defence of gay rights and her condemnation of gun laws but this is getting out of hand. For crying out loud whatever happened to free will?

Crying or Very sad No
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 02 Aug 2016, 10:02 am

I agree with you, @vaderito. Lucasfilm are definitely aware of what's going on online and someone in their camp could comment on fan controversies in general. Even if it were something superficial along the lines of "yay, let's just all get along" it would be better than pretending it doesn't exist. It wouldn't even have to address stuff like Reylo/anti-Reylo in so many words; of course they don't want to show any preference for any specific groups of fans, and that would only fan the flames anyway. (Except that Pablo doesn't seem to care about that, considering how much shade he throws at Reywalkers and Plagueis folk etc...) It's not hard to write something like that in general terms. But obviously that's not my job.

At the very least, they should draw the line at their own people being harassed. I think Daisy's experience would be a good opportunity to address social media behaviour in general.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next