Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

+50
MyOnlyHope
creepi0
Lily Snape
teltaru
nonesuch
jakkusun
soulluos
BastilaBey
Sylvia Snow
CienaRee
Search Your Feelings
Macha Ren
motherofpearl1
ladyconsular
ZioRen
Rimfaxe96
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
Gemini
Darth Dingbat
IoJovi
panki
Helix
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
Xylo Ren
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
spacebaby45678
Saracene
Armadeus
Little_Boots
Jakku
Kyla Ren
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
Slade
SanghaRen
MissG
Krafty
rey09
EchoBase
SoloSideCousin
BenRey
Mana
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
LadyHa
54 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by vaderito Sat 30 Jul 2016, 1:52 pm

teltaru wrote:Jason speculated about many things during the early days of TFA's production and much of it was way off base. However, I recall him guessing that the KOR encounter would happen in Act II, but it didn't sound like it was based on anything. So that he now thinks it happens early on implies that he's heard something that changed his mind. I don't know how it would make sense to not show Kylo rejoin the FO though, at least briefly. Even if he doesn't go to Snoke (which in itself would be pretty weird imo), he still needs to group up with his homies and pick up a new helmet (and I guess some healing time wouldn't hurt either). And it would also mean any major interaction between Luke and Rey needs to happen after the fight, and Luke has to meditate on a rock at some point, which is pretty weird if Kylo's still around.
@teltaru

It would make sense if explained in the crawl. If Kylo's gone rogue they can just put that in the crawl that Kylo escaped and is on route to Ahch-to. After all, Hux warned that his personal interest might clash with Snoke's and that would be 100% in character. We really don't need to see rejoining FO (well, Kylux fans do). 

if he doesn't go to Snoke than Snoke would have interest to retrieve him and I stand by my opinion that Ahch-to plot won't be resolved by just having 2 characters fly away. Blockbusters require big battle/fight ending so that could lead to Snoke showing up personally to capture everyone he can lay his hands on. I mean, if endgame is a) not to imitate ROTJ and b) have Kylo turn against Snoke than they have to show discord between them much earlier or we get another Vader/Palp resolution. 

Luke could meditate with Kylo around and it seems that he does  because one report has him flicker someone with the Force and continue to meditate. So take your pick between Rey, Naughty Nephew, Wookie. Can't imagine why he would zap Rey or Chewie (not that zapping a Wookie is a good idea). Kylo could be their prisoner and Luke is powerful so...
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by vaderito Sat 30 Jul 2016, 1:56 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:If you think about it, though, nothing about TFA itself actually sets up the expectation that Rey is going to be trained. Leia desperately needs Luke back, that's why Rey is sent to find him, no? She isn't going there for a full-on Dagobah experience, she's going there to tell Luke he's needed.
@Darth Dingbat

All of this. But ESB goggles...

Likewise Snoke and Kylo. When it comes to the gurrrl, Kylo only follows his phallus orders. Sorry Snoke. Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sat 30 Jul 2016, 1:57 pm

teltaru wrote:Jason speculated about many things during the early days of TFA's production and much of it was way off base. However, I recall him guessing that the KOR encounter would happen in Act II, but it didn't sound like it was based on anything. So that he now thinks it happens early on implies that he's heard something that changed his mind. I don't know how it would make sense to not show Kylo rejoin the FO though, at least briefly. Even if he doesn't go to Snoke (which in itself would be pretty weird imo), he still needs to group up with his homies and pick up a new helmet (and I guess some healing time wouldn't hurt either). And it would also mean any major interaction between Luke and Rey needs to happen after the fight, and Luke has to meditate on a rock at some point, which is pretty weird if Kylo's still around.
@teltaru

Maybe he will busy doing other.....things Razz
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 40 Empty temp thrad

Post by SanghaRen Sat 30 Jul 2016, 2:25 pm

I agree that there's nothing to suggest Rey goes to train with Luke so I don't really expect it. However, Kylo is not exactly in good shape and at the mercy of Hux who's got his orders to bring him to Snoke. And unless Hux is playing a double game or someone comes to rescue Kylo - the Knights of Ren? - it's difficult to imagine how he's going to escape that one. I could see him escape the training once he regained some strength, but escape going back to Snoke... Who knows maybe the training finals is for Kylo to kill Rey. Or a choice between killing his mother or Rey.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 30 Jul 2016, 2:28 pm

EchoBase wrote:
@teltaru

Maybe he will busy doing other.....things Razz
@EchoBase

lol!
Indeed. Great thing having your uncle gone somewhere meditating for hours while you are engaged in other serious business!
(Luke comes back earlier than expected - hut explodes!)
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40