Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2

+40
EchoBase
Little_Boots
Geralt_Riv
guardienne
Irina de France
MindAndMagic
FrolickingFizzgig
Kessel
snufkin
IoJovi
spacebaby45678
Darth_Awakened
BastilaBey
SanghaRen
panki
vaderito
Reylo Lemon
nonesuch
ZenBrainJam
soulluos
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
ZioRen
Saracene
Lily Snape
MyOnlyHope
Gemini
jakkusun
Jakku
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
BenRey
Helix
Mana
Sylvia Snow
Rimfaxe96
CienaRee
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dingbat
reenydet
44 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2

Post by Kessel Tue 04 Oct 2016, 3:37 am

panki wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Haha. Which one of you emailed MSW (as "Poefan") to ask them if Connix's role had been beefed up to play Poe's love interest? (Podpeople segment, around 1:24.) Waves

FWIW, Jason says that he highly doubts that anything like that is happening in Episode VIII.
@ISeeAnIsland

Lol.....it wasn't "Poefan".....they mentioned the name of the person right at the beginning and it is someone from our forum..... I didn't think a simple rumor would worry someone so much......On a related note, here is the preview of Poe Dameron #7 and that says a lot about where they're taking Poe's character....

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 19 Poe1

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 19 Poe3
@panki

Is the alien woman in the comic pics journalist, Suralinda Javos (who's an old friend of Poe's who has information on the FO)? Is there any info on what species of alien she is?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2

Post by panki Tue 04 Oct 2016, 4:09 am

Kessel89 wrote:
panki wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Haha. Which one of you emailed MSW (as "Poefan") to ask them if Connix's role had been beefed up to play Poe's love interest? (Podpeople segment, around 1:24.) Waves

FWIW, Jason says that he highly doubts that anything like that is happening in Episode VIII.
@ISeeAnIsland

Lol.....it wasn't "Poefan".....they mentioned the name of the person right at the beginning and it is someone from our forum..... I didn't think a simple rumor would worry someone so much......On a related note, here is the preview of Poe Dameron #7 and that says a lot about where they're taking Poe's character....

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 19 Poe1

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 19 Poe3
@panki

Is the alien woman in the comic pics journalist, Suralinda Javos (who's an old friend of Poe's who has information on the FO)? Is there any info on what species of alien she is?
@Kessel89

Yes, that is Suralinda.... the story synopsis is that Poe meets her on his day off and finds out that she has a story on the FO....as a result, they're both pursued by the FO- I somehow don't see Marvel comics releasing 40 page special issue about a girl and her gay best friend being chased by bad guys for the regular comic book purchasing crowd. What is interesting is that till September, there were only going to be two more comics where Poe confronts Agent Terex....sometime in September, this new special issue was added to the series.

Suralinda's species is not yet known but she reminds me of Neytri  in the Avatar movie.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 19 184515_1015000_1005

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 04 Oct 2016, 4:52 am

BastilaBey wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@vaderito

This podcast is outstanding - my favorite one yet! Love the references to Dark Crystal and His Dark Materials toward the end, it's so true that Star Wars is more fantasy than sci-fi and that means you'll see these common themes incorporated from mythology.
@BastilaBey

SW has always been pure fantasy. I don't even know why it's labelled sci fi (cause space?) but the original was fairytale archetypes set in space. So that's fantasy. Also, the Force, hello! Even midichlorians are not an attempt to science the sith out of Star Wars, but, you know, showing that the Jedi became more reliant on things other than the Force thus losing their touch with it. And TFA, of course, filmed Rey and Kylo scenes like a dark fairytale with very recognizable archetypes.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:29 am

vaderito wrote:SW has always been pure fantasy. I don't even know why it's labelled sci fi (cause space?) but the original was fairytale archetypes set in space. So that's fantasy. Also, the Force, hello! Even midichlorians are not an attempt to science the sith out of Star Wars, but, you know, showing that the Jedi became more reliant on things other than the Force thus losing their touch with it. And TFA, of course, filmed Rey and Kylo scenes like a dark fairytale with very recognizable archetypes.
@vaderito

I have a friend who actually got offended when I called SW "a fairytale in space". Not sure why, because fairytale = children? It's definitely got very little to do with sci-fi.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:34 am

Saracene wrote:
I have a friend who actually got offended when I called SW "a fairytale in space". Not sure why, because fairytale = children? It's definitely got very little to do with sci-fi.
@Saracene

Yeah, there's nothing offensive about calling SW fantasy or fairytale because GL himself said it was a fairytale. So if the creator says so than it is. Besides, that aspect makes it so unique. I'd say it's the first anti-monarchist pro-republic fairytale since all fairytales are monarchistic. GL truly created something special here that can be analysed forever and you'll always find a new angle.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:32 am

Saracene wrote:
vaderito wrote:SW has always been pure fantasy. I don't even know why it's labelled sci fi (cause space?) but the original was fairytale archetypes set in space. So that's fantasy. Also, the Force, hello! Even midichlorians are not an attempt to science the sith out of Star Wars, but, you know, showing that the Jedi became more reliant on things other than the Force thus losing their touch with it. And TFA, of course, filmed Rey and Kylo scenes like a dark fairytale with very recognizable archetypes.
@vaderito

@Saracene

George Lucas:" star wars is a fairy tale for children, but fans will never admit it"
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 04 Oct 2016, 7:24 am

Fans who think that "for children" and "childish/juvenile" are the same thing. They are not.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:01 pm

the latest episode of the trash compactor is out and this month they are discussing rarepairs in shipping (yay, finnlo!)

http://www.trashcompactorpodcast.com/2016/10/03/episode-v-a-ship-for-all-seasons/
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm

BastilaBey wrote:the latest episode of the trash compactor is out and this month they are discussing rarepairs in shipping (yay, finnlo!)

http://www.trashcompactorpodcast.com/2016/10/03/episode-v-a-ship-for-all-seasons/
@BastilaBey

Finnlo! cheers cheers cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:15 pm

BastilaBey wrote:the latest episode of the trash compactor is out and this month they are discussing rarepairs in shipping (yay, finnlo!)

@BastilaBey

finnlo?!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:20 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:

@BastilaBey

finnlo?!
@Maria Antonietta

Oh yeah. It's a thing.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 19 Tumblr_o6pe2oMmhI1vnjqgyo2_400

I thought it might have been the big slash ship because they had very interesting interactions in the movie that you can interpret as 'scorned ex' on Kylo's part (if you squint, but you know, that's how most ships work).
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:21 pm

I'm sorry but... with the gif above, I've been pretty distracted by the arms. Mmf. *ventilates self*
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:22 pm

@Irina de France Precisely. Finn got distracted by them too, and that's why he lost...man, maybe I need to write a fic.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:22 pm

BastilaBey wrote:

Oh yeah. It's a thing.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 19 Tumblr_o6pe2oMmhI1vnjqgyo2_400

I thought it might have been the big slash ship because they had very interesting interactions in the movie that you can interpret as 'scorned ex' on Kylo's part (if you squint, but you know, that's how most ships work).
@BastilaBey

Finnlo is hot!

Damn, AD's muscles in that gif...I want that on the big screen.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:24 pm

@vaderito Let's face it, we all want Kylo in Episode VIII on Ahch-To shirtless and with L'Oréal hair flowing in the wind, amirite? Twisted Evil
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:27 pm

Irina de France wrote:@vaderito Let's face it, we all want Kylo in Episode VIII on Ahch-To shirtless and with L'Oréal hair flowing in the wind, amirite? Twisted Evil
@Irina de France

Yes, we do. cause there's a waterfall too.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 19 The-x-files-i-want-to-believe-print
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:58 pm

@BastilaBey

It was fairly amusing. I love how they called Reylo (and Kylux) the "juggernaut ships" of TFA.

I agree with them being surprised that Finnlo isn't a bigger thing, although they pointed out that DarkPilot can thank its own interrogation scene for its popularity.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 04 Oct 2016, 3:09 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@BastilaBey

It was fairly amusing. I love how they called Reylo (and Kylux) the "juggernaut ships" of TFA.

I agree with them being surprised that Finnlo isn't a bigger thing, although they pointed out that DarkPilot can thank its own interrogation scene for its popularity.

@ISeeAnIsland

It's like Luke wasn't shipped with many characters. I think it's nice guy thing. If a character doesn't get snarky lines with another male characters, forget shipping. So imagine if Finn meets Hux and they have a snarky exchange? Juggernaut.

It's actually appalling that LF was hunting down slash ships such as Han/Luke. No
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 07 Oct 2016, 5:01 pm

The rebel grrrls discuss the finntran spoiler today at around 42 minutes http://makingstarwars.net/2016/10/episode-49-makingstarwars-nets-rebel-grrrl/

Amanda says she expects comedic moments from their interactions and that - excitingly - we can expect more episode viii news to come soon, because they were waiting to see how rogue one would do.

in listener questions 'we're getting a lot of evidence that there will be a weird tension between rey and luke. i think luke's been in his own world, i think luke's descended into madness, and i don't think luke has been reaching outside of his little bubble...'

Amanda: "Where Rey's from, I don't think it's going to matter"
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:04 pm

I transcribed some interesting quotes (damn, these people use the parasyte word ''like'' a lot!).  At around min 8 they discuss RO and talk about Vader's appearance and his relation to Kylo (I've skipped some parts; they're joined by a guest who is asking questions about TFA):

-Yeah, so they [Anakin and Padme] had the twins and then... she [Leia] got together with Han Solo. So that's his grandfather...
-Oh! Okay. What's his fuel behind, like, choosing that path?
-We don't know. All we know is that Snoke...
-Somehow influenced him.
-Yeah, we know that Luke Skywalker who is his uncle was training his in the Force, training him how to be a Jedi. And then something happened where everything got f*cked up and, like, and Kylo turned evil, basically, and now he is with Snoke.
-I think it's interesting too that it's like the maternal connection... it's interesting that Kylo is still, like, conflicted with everything because we decided to go with, like, the daughter's lineage.
-It's interesting that we started with a woman Skywalker and now we ended up with Leia's son.

Episode VIII dicussion:

-Anything that has, ah... JB and KMT, I think it's gonna be fun for me... because I imagine there's gonna be a lot of comedy.

We're finally finally going at a place we're gonna start getting more episode VIII information, which I'm super excited about. So those of use that are interested in talking spoilers and talking speculation, now we're moving on to episode VIII.... Jason and I just started coming up with stuff just because we started talking about it and, like... thinking back on things that we've already seen and thought about and just... thinking of new ideas and stuff and that's... that's really how these things [the leaks?] come about... you just, like, piece together everything bit by bit... getting more clues... Hopefully we're moving into that territory.

Listeners' questions:
1. Will Reywalker shrink the SW universe?

I mean, we do have our third generation in Kylo who is the son of Han and Leia, I think that's enough. I don't think it needs to go any further.

We've had good successful examples of original characters like with Ansoka and Rey... And Finn, and, even, like, Poe.. Even if they fill, like, stereotypical roles within the universe, they're, like, new characters, they're new people that aren't connected to anything else.

2. Did Luke awaken the Force in Rey?

-I mean, we already know from the Bloodline timeline that we were given that Rey could never have been on Anch-To.... because Luke went to Anch-to when Rey would have been, like, what... 15, yeah... So Rey has been on Jakku. I also don't really think that just because we're getting a lot of evidence that there's going to be a weird tension b/w Rey and Luke... I think Luke has been in his own world...

-Kylo Ren is interrogating Rey and he sees the island that Luke is on. He describes it to her. [for some reason Tracy thinks it's where Rey's from, the others disagree]
-I think that Kylo is seeing Anch-To simply because Rey has seen Anch-To through the Force. I don't think it has anything to do with Luke.
Tracy: Assuming her parents are not Luke and Leia, all she cares about is her lineage, where she's from and getting back there. So if he's searcthing through her memories, I think he's seeing her home world. Wouldn't she imagine where she was from?
-I don't know, girls, she was little when she got left on Jakku. Who knows if she even remembers.

Tracy mention repressed memories, she doesn't think Rey's seeing Anch-To and Amanda's like:
-But why, like, when you have such a clean thing, like, as this is with Anch-To, why make it complicated? Why make it, like, this other world, like, where Rey's from doesn't matter. I don't think it's gonna play a part in anything. Storywise, I think this is much cleaner, and it just fits...
-But why would she imagine Luke Skywalker of all force users?
-But she's not imaging, like, this is the Force. This is her destiny. Her path is to end up on here with Luke, like, that's where she's meant to be, this is what she sees. It's how SW works.

Sure, it's all just a coincidence. Rey sees an island, Luke just so happens to be on a island, but it's not the same one... Two completely unrelated plot threads. Makes perfect sense in terms of the story.  *rolls eyes*
Anyway.... xD

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 8:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:22 pm

@Queen of the Knights I usually try to be nice with people's SW speculation, but when Tracy said she didn't think the island Kylo saw in Rey's mind was Ahch-To, I actually did an Rolling Eyes
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:25 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@Queen of the Knights I usually try to be nice with people's SW speculation, but when Tracy said she didn't think the island Kylo saw in Rey's mind was Ahch-To, I actually did an Rolling Eyes
@BastilaBey

Even the Reywalkiest of the Reywalkers have made that connection.... How could it be anything else Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:27 pm

IoJovi wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:@Queen of the Knights I usually try to be nice with people's SW speculation, but when Tracy said she didn't think the island Kylo saw in Rey's mind was Ahch-To, I actually did an Rolling Eyes
@BastilaBey

Even the Reywalkiest of the Reywalkers have made that connection.... How could it be anything else Laughing
@IoJovi

Yes because it's "foreshadowing" that Luke is Rey's father, of course.... Rolling Eyes Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:30 pm

@BastilaBey
Obviously it's that other super special island surrounded by an ocean where Luke Skywalker vanished to. Actually, the fact that Luke was even on an island was just a funny coincidence. Rey was mentally planning to take a vacation as soon as Unkar gave her some time off. That's why Kylo saw a sunny island in her mind.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 2 - Page 19 23557782
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 07 Oct 2016, 7:30 pm

IoJovi wrote:
@BastilaBey

@IoJovi

Ikr...she thinks it's Rey dreaming of her home planet, from repressed memories that Kylo uncovers. People seriously like to overcomplicate this stuff, she ends up on an island in the middle of an ocean by the end of the movie...yeah, it's supposed to be connected. That's how stories work.

@applecrumble122 Lol I don't even think she believes they're related anymore, her rationale seems to be that Rey really wants to find her family so of course that's all she's going to dream about. It's a little weird because obviously she even knows the spoiler about kylo coming to ahch-to. That's why it's important that he saw it in Rey's mind...basic storytelling. And now I sound like I'm being condescending and mean, dammit.

Also those comments about finn...yikes. Saying he provided some of the comic relief in tfa is valid, sure, but that he messes everything up and is a 'dipshit'? Not very nice.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next