Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marketing for Episode VIII

+63
spacebaby45678
Darth Dementor
CienaRee
MyOnlyHope
Atenais
Armadeus
Darth_marshmallow
PalmettoBlue
MrsWindu
Man Without A Star
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
DarthRen
rey09
Camaro
AceofWands
nite0wl29
ZioRen
Mana
Anakin Skywalker
Forsythia
Kylo Rey
reylo1992
Tex
Darth Rowan
tukicarreno
RosiePancake
MissG
SheLitAFire
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
SkyStar
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
nemapasara
Night Huntress
EchoBase
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
shii405
Helix
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
motherofpearl1
Airemyn
Kessel
Jakku
SanghaRen
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
Sylvia Snow
panki
Birdwoman
Little_Boots
vaderito
Xylo Ren
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
snufkin
BastilaBey
Moonjump05
ISeeAnIsland
67 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 8 Empty Re: Marketing for Episode VIII

Post by tukicarreno Wed 11 Oct 2017, 4:03 pm

shii405 wrote:They don't have to be hang-out friends, but for me personally it is important to know whether or not they are enjoying their jobs, whether or not they themselves root for Reylo too, so at least they have to like each other as friends or as colleagues. If the actors themselves don't like the idea of Reylo, I would feel very sad and feel like there's no point of keep rooting for the pair. I keep wondering what does Adam and Daisy think of Reylo as a couple, cos Daisy said she was shocked to read TLJ script and went to talk to Rian. But then again, at what point, Adam-Daisy know about Reylo? If the producers know since the beginning Reylo gonna be a thing... I guess, Daisy should had chemistry test with Adam before during the audition, maybe?
@shii405
They get along just fine!! Don't worry so much! Daisy always mentions Adam in her interviews and he said he bonded with Daisy during Ireland. They even hung out at Irish pubs and drank beers together!

tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Wed 11 Oct 2017, 4:17 pm

tukicarreno wrote:Daisy said in an interview they stay in touch and call each other at times. He gave her advice when auditioning for Murder on The Orient Express. Plus Adam said in the Larry King interview that he bonded with Daisy.
They get along just fine!! Don't worry so much! Daisy always mentions Adam in her interviews and he said he bonded with Daisy during Ireland. They even hung out at Irish pubs and drank beers together!
Ah yes, sorry forgot to reply you!! Thank you so much for this, I'm very relieved! Lol, I wanna see them hanging out in Irish pubs.

SanghaRen wrote:It would be nice to see them in an interview together, or better a magazine cover, but somehow I have doubts that will happen before TLJ comes out because they can’t really answer any question anyway.
Yeah, just how much can they reveal about Reylo's connections in TLJ... if they can't say anything yet, then my hope for their interviews together left for IX marketing Rolling Eyes I'm guessing we're gonna get a lot of Mark-Daisy interviews I guess.
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 22 Oct 2017, 8:24 pm

I spotted this today at the Disney Store in Downtown Chicago.

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 8 20171010
Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 8 20171011

We have come such a long way. I think back to last year when people were saying that Disney would never market Kylo and Rey to children and I can't help but laugh. XD
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:10 am

@Darth Rowan

I felt super awkward ordering my kids Reylo costumes at first, lol. But as soon as my son decided on Kylo for Halloween, my daughter insisted on Rey. The funny thing is that most people expect Kylo and Rey to be related so sibling costumes seems like a great idea, but I'm cracking up thinking, "What if these two kiss two movies from now?" Kids don't pick up on UST, though, so to them, at the moment, Rey and Kylo are just opponents which is fun for siblings to play. They've been having a blast in their costumes, but I still think we'll look back on it and laugh at how our kids were a future couple for Halloween one year. Very Starwarsy though, no? People thought Luke and Leia would be a couple, but they turned out to be siblings. People think Kylo and Rey will be siblings/cousins, but they'll probably be a couple Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Mon 23 Oct 2017, 3:40 pm

Something that I'm really excited to see in the marketing post TLJ is magazine spreads with beautiful photo shoots featuring our duel protagonists H-beating. Even if Rey and Kylo aren't romantically involved by the end of the film they will still be set up as the films #POWAH COUPLE. With all the dark/light, ying/yang imagery how can a magazine pass up on putting these two together? Adam and Daisy have done some great photo shoots in the past. So it just gets me really excited to think of what we'll end up getting.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 23 Oct 2017, 3:42 pm

Tex wrote:Something that I'm really excited to see in the marketing post TLJ is magazine spreads with beautiful photo shoots featuring our duel protagonists H-beating. Even if Rey and Kylo aren't romantically involved by the end of the film they will still be set up as the films #POWAH COUPLE. With all the dark/light, ying/yang imagery how can a magazine pass up on putting these two together? Adam and Daisy have done some great photo shoots in the past. So it just gets me really excited to think of what we'll end up getting.
@Tex

Annie Leibowitz was supposedly out shooting in Ireland for a couple of days during that shoot. The final VF article had, what, 2-3 pictures from Ireland? I have to think that she did get some great shots other than those, but that they didn't make VF because they were too spoiler-y.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Mon 23 Oct 2017, 3:49 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Tex wrote:Something that I'm really excited to see in the marketing post TLJ is magazine spreads with beautiful photo shoots featuring our duel protagonists H-beating. Even if Rey and Kylo aren't romantically involved by the end of the film they will still be set up as the films #POWAH COUPLE. With all the dark/light, ying/yang imagery how can a magazine pass up on putting these two together? Adam and Daisy have done some great photo shoots in the past. So it just gets me really excited to think of what we'll end up getting.
@Tex

Annie Leibowitz was supposedly out shooting in Ireland for a couple of days during that shoot. The final VF article had, what, 2-3 pictures from Ireland?  I have to think that she did get some great shots other than those, but that they didn't make VF because they were too spoiler-y.
@ISeeAnIsland

I remember that. I also remember the disappointment that followed with what we ended up getting from VF Laughing I really do hope they have something hidden away, but I'm still annoyed by that Rian misquote and the Reylo hating we got from VF. I can't easily forget that.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:05 pm

Tex wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Tex

Annie Leibowitz was supposedly out shooting in Ireland for a couple of days during that shoot. The final VF article had, what, 2-3 pictures from Ireland?  I have to think that she did get some great shots other than those, but that they didn't make VF because they were too spoiler-y.
@ISeeAnIsland

I remember that. I also remember the disappointment that followed with what we ended up getting from VF Laughing I really do hope they have something hidden away, but I'm still annoyed by that Rian misquote and the Reylo hating we got from VF. I can't easily forget that.
@Tex

LOL I was playing trivia quiz game with my friends that evening when the VF article dropped and I remember getting shocked and everyone was just babbling away around me. I managed to pull myself together, but lol what a heck that was.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:05 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Tex

@ISeeAnIsland

It still astounds me that you get Annie Leibovitz to take pictures, you've got amazing scenery (not only in Ireland), a photogenic cast, lots of amazing new things and aliens and other wonders in the film... and that is the article you end up with.

Letdown of the year, pretty much.

ETA: I mean even the photos themselves were drab and dull as ditchwater.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:07 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Tex

Annie Leibowitz was supposedly out shooting in Ireland for a couple of days during that shoot. The final VF article had, what, 2-3 pictures from Ireland? I have to think that she did get some great shots other than those, but that they didn't make VF because they were too spoiler-y.
@ISeeAnIsland

It still astounds me that you get Annie Leibovitz to take pictures, you've got amazing scenery (not only in Ireland), a photogenic cast, lots of amazing new things and aliens and other wonders in the film... and that is the article you end up with.

@Darth Dingbat

I was on jury duty at the time the VF article dropped.

Did I mention I got called BACK for Jury duty again in November 27th? Ugh. Please tell me that’s not an omninous sign. *Thinks happy thoughts...*
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:07 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Tex

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth Dingbat

yep. I was so lookin forward to that cover and it was such a disappointment I'm still reeling. Mad Mad Stretcher Gnagnan Censored

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:09 pm

SkyStar wrote:
Tex wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Tex

@ISeeAnIsland

@Tex

LOL I was playing trivia quiz game with my friends that evening when the VF article dropped and I remember getting shocked and everyone was just babbling away around me. I managed to pull myself together, but lol what a heck that was.
@SkyStar

LOL. I remember, too. I was at the doctor's office, and I was reading the forum on my phone while I was waiting...and then that article dropped...and the forum exploded while I had two back-to-back doctor's appointments.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:10 pm

Last edited by vaderito on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:10 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Tex

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth Dingbat

I was on jury duty at the time the VF article dropped.

Did I mention I got called BACK for Jury duty again in November 27th? Ugh. Please tell me that’s not an omninous sign. *Thinks happy thoughts...*
@IoJovi

No. That'll be the jury duty of miracles. The light to the earlier jury duty's dark. Something will come out on 27th November that'll be as amazing as the VF article was drab. I can feel it in my bones. cheers
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:11 pm

vaderito wrote:OMG! So much for unhealthy/toxic/abusive relationship:

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 8 Tumblr_inline_oyagyf9i4G1sh1jch_500

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 8 Tenor
@vaderito

I’ll drink that orange juice. lol!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:15 pm

[quote="IoJovi"]
vaderito wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

That Dole campaign is too golden. Instant classic. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:37 pm

@Tex

If TLJ is really gonna focus on Reylo dynamic as yin/yang, dark/light balance, whatever... I am hoping for that kind of photoshoots for TLJ DVD/Bluray release... is this possible? Didn't Han/Leia romantic pose came out after the ESB release and not before?

OMG, that DOLE campaign!! cheers
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 23 Oct 2017, 5:14 pm

Instead of Kool-aid drinkers, are we Reylos now Dole orange juice drinkers?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 23 Oct 2017, 5:42 pm

I can think of lots of reasons why Dole ain't cool, but that's not really in the top 10 list of reasons I'd give (their banana production plantations in Panama being sharecropping OTOH).

As for Vanity Fair, it's a get they have through their relationship with Annie Leibowitz, who started doing it for Rolling Stone during the OT era. Go read those cover stories/photos/articles (on Rolling Stone's website) for a taste of what that moment in pop culture is like and for how cast members talk when they don't have lawyers and PR flacks breathing down their neck. And until proven otherwise, I'll keep arguing that Carrie Fisher's ESB interview where she goes off on a tangent about Han and Leia's romantic plot into talking about sex in Star Wars and how it should be the villain and heroine who end up in bed together worked its way into the ST.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:02 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Instead of Kool-aid drinkers, are we Reylos now Dole orange juice drinkers?
@ISeeAnIsland

Dole-Aid? Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:32 pm

People are still hating on the VF that I bought and love just for the beautiful, shiny photo of Kylo on the cover? I guess I have simple desires  Laughing He seemed to be under so much scrutiny from fanboys at the time that I couldn't wait to see him on the cover of any magazine in his TLJ attire. I will cherish it forever despite the crap article, and so much great stuff to the contrary has come out since then I'd forgotten about it. It still looks lovely on my desk I love you ::sigh::
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:35 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:People are still hating on the VF that I bought and love just for the beautiful, shiny photo of Kylo on the cover? I guess I have simple desires  Laughing He seemed to be under so much scrutiny from fanboys at the time that I couldn't wait to see him on the cover of any magazine in his TLJ attire. I will cherish it forever despite the crap article, and so much great stuff to the contrary has come out since then I'd forgotten about it. It still looks lovely on my desk I love you ::sigh::
@Cowgirlsamurai

As much as I detested the VF article, I completely get where you are coming from... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:38 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:People are still hating on the VF that I bought and love just for the beautiful, shiny photo of Kylo on the cover? I guess I have simple desires  Laughing He seemed to be under so much scrutiny from fanboys at the time that I couldn't wait to see him on the cover of any magazine in his TLJ attire. I will cherish it forever despite the crap article, and so much great stuff to the contrary has come out since then I'd forgotten about it. It still looks lovely on my desk I love you ::sigh::
@Cowgirlsamurai

As much as I detested the VF article, I completely get where you are coming from... Laughing
@IoJovi

I just won't read the vile words inside, lol. The pics of Carrie are nice too sunny
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:44 pm

@ISeeanIsland - ha I was just telling a friend the other day about the talk I heard in high school debate camp from one of the journalists who was in the first wave of responders to Jonestown. I’m still amazed he could be so calm discussing it. And from experience living in that region, it’s FlavorAid, which is a regional product made in Trinidad. The Kool Aid ref is probably up there with Hella as the NorCal’s most famous contributions to the English language.

Last edited by snufkin on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:44 pm

[quote="vaderito"]
IoJovi wrote:
vaderito wrote:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

That Dole campaign is too golden. Instant classic. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

@vaderito

Oh come on! It's obvious they're united for a healthy galaxy as cousins! lol!
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next