Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marketing for Episode VIII

+63
spacebaby45678
Darth Dementor
CienaRee
MyOnlyHope
Atenais
Armadeus
Darth_marshmallow
PalmettoBlue
MrsWindu
Man Without A Star
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
DarthRen
rey09
Camaro
AceofWands
nite0wl29
ZioRen
Mana
Anakin Skywalker
Forsythia
Kylo Rey
reylo1992
Tex
Darth Rowan
tukicarreno
RosiePancake
MissG
SheLitAFire
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
SkyStar
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
nemapasara
Night Huntress
EchoBase
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
shii405
Helix
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
motherofpearl1
Airemyn
Kessel
Jakku
SanghaRen
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
Sylvia Snow
panki
Birdwoman
Little_Boots
vaderito
Xylo Ren
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
snufkin
BastilaBey
Moonjump05
ISeeAnIsland
67 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 16 Empty Re: Marketing for Episode VIII

Post by DarthRen Fri 01 Dec 2017, 8:56 pm

Atenais wrote:The seating chart for the show:

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 16 Tumblr11

Source: sleemo
@Atenais

Adam and his special place. I mean he's royalty after all. Cool
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sat 02 Dec 2017, 6:08 am

I went to Tokyo Comic Con today and I saw a couple dressing as Reylo, aww.... I wish I could tell them "Hey guys, I ship you two!"  Laughing  Anyway, that's not what I want to share here, lol. I found a new TLJ flyer and I love the new synopsis.

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 16 12_2_110

"Jedi. They were suppose to be the heroes who bring peace to the galaxy."

In the world filled with fear as the First Order rises, lives two young people with very powerful Force. One of them is Rey, who was living a lonely life when she met BB8, eventually joined the Resistance and then her Force awakened. The other one is Kylo Ren, who turned against his parents, the Resistance heroes, and decided to succeed Darth Vader. What is the "shocking destiny" awaits these two wavering between the Light and Dark? The legendary Jedi, Luke Skywalker, finally appeared. What does he bring for them?

"When you obtain great power, which path would you choose? Light or Dark?"

==============

I love how it sounds like "Once upon a time, there were two young people with very powerful Force."

They really want to emphasize that THE CENTER OF THIS STORY IS REYLO, imho lol!

I'm also very interested in "Jedi. They were suppose to be the heroes who bring peace to the galaxy." it sounds like the continuation is "APPARENTLY THEY ARE NOT." So, what is a Jedi??

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!! Jumping
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by liveinsummee Sat 02 Dec 2017, 6:40 am

shii405 wrote:I went to Tokyo Comic Con today and I saw a couple dressing as Reylo, aww.... I wish I could tell them "Hey guys, I ship you two!"  Laughing  Anyway, that's not what I want to share here, lol. I found a new TLJ flyer and I love the new synopsis.

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 16 12_2_110

"Jedi. They were suppose to be the heroes who bring peace to the galaxy."

In the world filled with fear as the First Order rises, lives two young people with very powerful Force. One of them is Rey, who was living a lonely life when she met BB8, eventually joined the Resistance and then her Force awakened. The other one is Kylo Ren, who turned against his parents, the Resistance heroes, and decided to succeed Darth Vader. What is the "shocking destiny" awaits these two wavering between the Light and Dark? The legendary Jedi, Luke Skywalker, finally appeared. What does he bring for them?

"When you obtain great power, which path would you choose? Light or Dark?"

==============

I love how it sounds like "Once upon a time, there were two young people with very powerful Force."

They really want to emphasize that THE CENTER OF THIS STORY IS REYLO, imho lol!

I'm also very interested in "Jedi. They were suppose to be the heroes who bring peace to the galaxy." it sounds like the continuation is "APPARENTLY THEY ARE NOT." So, what is a Jedi??

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!! Jumping
@shii405

Hahaha i agree! It really sounds like fairy tale opening.. "Once upon a time.... "

I just hope good ending for both protagonists ~ i also can't wait for the movie..
liveinsummee
liveinsummee
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://modestmi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 09 Dec 2017, 4:29 am

. wrote:To celebrate, we're giving away an exclusive fan poster by celebrated artist Matt Ferguson with every REAL D 3D ticket for the opening weekend.

http://www.odeon.co.uk/offers-and-promotions/free_exclusive_poster_when_you_book_in_reald3d/614/

They don't show posters on website, you can see only preview in retweet (when you "unlock" them). Not sure that they 100% official because website calls them "an exclusive fan posters" but looks interesting.

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 16 Darksi10
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 09 Dec 2017, 4:32 am

special_cases wrote:
. wrote:To celebrate, we're giving away an exclusive fan poster by celebrated artist Matt Ferguson with every REAL D 3D ticket for the opening weekend.

http://www.odeon.co.uk/offers-and-promotions/free_exclusive_poster_when_you_book_in_reald3d/614/

They don't show posters on website, you can see only preview in retweet (when you "unlock" them). Not sure that they 100% official because website calls them "an exclusive fan posters" but looks interesting.

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 16 Darksi10
@special_cases

Looks nice. Interesting that both Kylo and Rey are there. I guess, both have light and darkness in them.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 09 Dec 2017, 4:35 am

@DarthRen They show the same thing if you "unlock" Light Side Laughing
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 09 Dec 2017, 4:38 am

special_cases wrote:@DarthRen They show the same thing if you "unlock" Light Side Laughing
@special_cases

The balance. Cool
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Sat 09 Dec 2017, 1:58 pm

Disney Movie Rewards sent out emails this morning for exclusive, limited TLJ posters! You have to link a new (not previously linked to DMR) Fandango VIP or Regal Crown Club membership to your Disney Movie Rewards account,  and then you get a free Luke, Kylo, and Rey poster ($3.65 S&H) or that plus a Resistance poster and a First Order poster for $19.99 plus $4.25 S&H.

I don’t have either membership, so I’m not eligible, but maybe some of y’all will be. DMR itself is a free Disney service. You earn rewards point by buying Blu-Rays, CDs, movie tickets, etc.

This poster artwork style is definitely different but I like it.

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 16 94578710
Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 16 F2fb1610
Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 16 31506d10
Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 16 A1964510

You have to log in to the Disney Movie Rewards site to access the offer. If I’m messing the pictures up or they’re too big, I’m so sorry! I’m on my phone and having a little trouble.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 09 Dec 2017, 2:35 pm

It's amazing to have Mark Hamill as the Best Actor. But I can't help, but feel bitter about Adam Driver being the Best Supporting Actor.

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 16 Dqowhr10

Source: @awardscircuit
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Sat 09 Dec 2017, 2:42 pm

Atenais wrote:It's amazing to have Mark Hamill as the Best Actor. But I can't help, but feel bitter about Adam Driver being the Best Supporting Actor.

@Atenais

When it comes to sci-fi/fantasy films, the Best Supporting Actor/Actress slot usually has the best chance so i'd actually prefer Adam there.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 09 Dec 2017, 2:51 pm

nemapasara wrote:
Atenais wrote:It's amazing to have Mark Hamill as the Best Actor. But I can't help, but feel bitter about Adam Driver being the Best Supporting Actor.

@Atenais

When it comes to sci-fi/fantasy films, the Best Supporting Actor/Actress slot usually has the best chance so i'd actually prefer Adam there.
@nemapasara

I agree.....and the competition for best actor is really tough this year as well, even within the fantasy genre.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 09 Dec 2017, 2:57 pm

I know, I know. I'm just being bitter. In my head, Adam is the main actor of the movie, even if Mark is the main actor too. Wink
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 09 Dec 2017, 2:58 pm

@Atenais

I'll bet he'll be up for best actor come IX!  Very Happy
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Sat 09 Dec 2017, 2:58 pm

panki wrote:
nemapasara wrote:

@Atenais

@nemapasara

I agree.....and the competition for best actor is really tough this year as well, even within the fantasy genre.
@panki

Yeah. Honestly, from what I've seen of Mark's performance so far, it's been 50/50 for me. Obviously, I'm not as attached to Luke as a lot of other fans are but that's just my feeling on it. And from what I've read, I feel like Daniel Day Lewis will have the highest chance of winning Best Actor for Phantom Thread so I think that's just off the cards. The way Oscar and John praised Adam...it gives me a good feeling? Oscar even going as far as saying that he was jealous seems to hint that Adam gives a great performance. A friend of mine told me she read a non-spoiler review that seemed legit (and I trust her judgment) and the reviewer also singled out Adam as being excellent. So who knows. Adam couldn't care less about those accolades, I think it'd be nice though.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 09 Dec 2017, 3:12 pm

panki wrote:
nemapasara wrote:

@Atenais

@nemapasara

@panki

I am annoyed along with @Atenais, because Adam should be up there. (And also I really hope this doesn't indicate that Luke will dominate the movie). But at the same time, this is a smart, strategic decision on Disney's part. If he got knocked out the running for Paterson, even though he was only 2nd to Casey Affleck (the Oscar winner) in terms of Critic's Awards, they will definitely knock him out of that category for a sci-fi film. OTOH, he may have a real shot in supporting. I imagine that they are hoping for a Heath Ledger type of nomination/win.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sat 09 Dec 2017, 4:11 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
panki wrote:
nemapasara wrote:

@Atenais

@nemapasara

@panki

I am annoyed along with @Atenais, because Adam should be up there. (And also I really hope this doesn't indicate that Luke will dominate the movie). But at the same time, this is a smart, strategic decision on Disney's part. If he got knocked out the running for Paterson, even though he was only 2nd to Casey Affleck (the Oscar winner) in terms of Critic's Awards, they will definitely knock him out of that category for a sci-fi film. OTOH, he may have a real shot in supporting. I imagine that they are hoping for a Heath Ledger type of nomination/win.
@SoloSideCousin

I don't know how that works but I remember that for TFA, the list in the end credits was the following:
Harrison Ford
Mark Hamill
Carrie Fisher
Adam Driver
Daisy Ridley

In TLJ, Luke has indeed a more prominent role. The Last Jedi refers clearly to Luke as Rian confirmed. And Mark is indeed considered as a "veteran" not only in the franchise but also in the industry. So it's pretty complicated to give Adam the nomination in a leading role

One could say the same in regard to Daisy Ridley and Carrie Fisher. But Rey is indeed the heroine and Leia doesn't have such a big role in TLJ. So that would have been weird to have Carrie as actress in a leading role even if she has the same status of "veteran".

Now, like I wrote, I don't know how it works but personally it diesn't disturbs me. Something tells me that Adam will get a nomination because from the few images I saw and what the SW said about his performance, he looks amazing.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 09 Dec 2017, 4:21 pm

It's probably the same kind of strategy that put Hailee Steinfeld in Best Supporting Actress for True Grit, even though she was without a doubt the main character.

I think though that it would be very hard for Adam to get the nomination no matter how amazing his performance might be; nevermind the genre bias, it's very rare to get a nomination for a reprisal of the role. The only recent example I can think of is Cate Blanchett getting nominated again for her role as Queen Elizabeth in the second Elizabeth movie.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 09 Dec 2017, 6:29 pm

Saracene wrote:It's probably the same kind of strategy that put Hailee Steinfeld in Best Supporting Actress for True Grit, even though she was without a doubt the main character.

I think though that it would be very hard for Adam to get the nomination no matter how amazing his performance might be; nevermind the genre bias, it's very rare to get a nomination for a reprisal of the role. The only recent example I can think of is Cate Blanchett getting nominated again for her role as Queen Elizabeth in the second Elizabeth movie.
@Saracene

Who knows. If he give a really great performance, maybe he can get nominated. *finger crossed*
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16