Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marketing for Episode VIII

+63
spacebaby45678
Darth Dementor
CienaRee
MyOnlyHope
Atenais
Armadeus
Darth_marshmallow
PalmettoBlue
MrsWindu
Man Without A Star
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
DarthRen
rey09
Camaro
AceofWands
nite0wl29
ZioRen
Mana
Anakin Skywalker
Forsythia
Kylo Rey
reylo1992
Tex
Darth Rowan
tukicarreno
RosiePancake
MissG
SheLitAFire
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
SkyStar
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
nemapasara
Night Huntress
EchoBase
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
shii405
Helix
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
motherofpearl1
Airemyn
Kessel
Jakku
SanghaRen
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
Sylvia Snow
panki
Birdwoman
Little_Boots
vaderito
Xylo Ren
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
snufkin
BastilaBey
Moonjump05
ISeeAnIsland
67 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 9 Empty Re: Marketing for Episode VIII

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 23 Oct 2017, 7:28 pm

So I found the podcast where Daisy talked about going to Adam for advice when auditioning for Murder on the Orient Express:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2947273/happy-sad-confused-with-nick-nolte-and-daisy-ridley/. 
Starts at 58:26. Sounds like they got on pretty well. Also, interestingly, Daisy mentions how Rey is going to have a very 'big journey' during the film when asked about any character change since TFA. This is from 2016, btw.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:24 pm

vaderito wrote:OMG! So much for unhealthy/toxic/abusive relationship:

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 9 Tumblr_inline_oyagyf9i4G1sh1jch_500

https://nonibear11.tumblr.com/post/166716318285/dole-fruit-is-a-huge-reylo-shipper

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 9 Tenor
@vaderito

There's also this one:
Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 9 A3YsMXv2?format=jpg&name=600x314
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:40 pm

Forsythia wrote:
vaderito wrote:OMG! So much for unhealthy/toxic/abusive relationship:

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 9 Tumblr_inline_oyagyf9i4G1sh1jch_500

https://nonibear11.tumblr.com/post/166716318285/dole-fruit-is-a-huge-reylo-shipper

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 9 Tenor
@vaderito

There's also this one:
Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 9 A3YsMXv2?format=jpg&name=600x314
@Forsythia

Wow. I mean could they throw that ("that" as in unity) in our face any more than 3rd party merchandising has already done, let alone Disney? Wowzers.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:52 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:Wow. I mean could they throw that ("that" as in unity) in our face any more than 3rd party merchandising has already done, let alone Disney? Wowzers.
@SheLitAFire

They have also have a few single pictures of other characters, but Rey and Kylo were the only characters paired together, and twice!

And I found this on German Amazon:
Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 9 SWFFII_SCW_2_1500x375_v4._CB515659964_

They really want to promote these two together.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:19 pm

Forsythia wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:Wow. I mean could they throw that ("that" as in unity) in our face any more than 3rd party merchandising has already done, let alone Disney? Wowzers.
@SheLitAFire

They have also have a few single pictures of other characters, but Rey and Kylo were the only characters paired together, and twice!

And I found this on German Amazon:
Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 9 SWFFII_SCW_2_1500x375_v4._CB515659964_

They really want to promote these two together.
@Forsythia

And just the whole "unite for a healthy galaxy" hahaha. Ok, ok, we get it! These two better unite to save us all!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:23 pm

Forsythia wrote:
@SheLitAFire

@Forsythia

I googled but couldn't find these pics, only Rey and bananas )))
I was afraid it's edited but if you know that they are real it's great, so they really paired Reylo H-beating
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 23 Oct 2017, 10:06 pm

They are from Dole's Twitter Account where they were promoting their Star Wars character quiz. I checked it out because I couldn't find the one that was posted on tumblr on the website and was worried it might be photoshopped, but it's real H-beating

You can find them here:
https://twitter.com/DoleTweets/status/922517985591480321
https://twitter.com/delrahim69/status/917096804423917568
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Mon 23 Oct 2017, 10:39 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:So I found the podcast where Daisy talked about going to Adam for advice when auditioning for Murder on the Orient Express:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2947273/happy-sad-confused-with-nick-nolte-and-daisy-ridley/. 
Starts at 58:26. Sounds like they got on pretty well. Also, interestingly, Daisy mentions how Rey is going to have a very 'big journey' during the film when asked about any character change since TFA. This is from 2016, btw.
@Kylo Rey

Yes! I remember that interview. Daisy and Adam seem to have gotten even closer when they filmed TLJ last year.
There´s also reports they spent a lot of time together in Ireland around pubs and also working out  at the gym. So I am sure all that time bonding made them good friends! Daisy always mentions Adam in her SW interviews and Adam mentioned her in the Larry King interview as someone he bonded with from the cast. Wink Very Happy  More Reylo hints!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Mon 23 Oct 2017, 11:49 pm

Yes, but it's all misdirection and trick editing. All the way down to the bananas. Because Lucasfilm and Disney love wasting their money. Because if you had a billion dollars to advertise, you would throw as much of that money in a direction that isn't actually going to happen and that stands to anger a significant portion of the fan base. All while never spending a dime putting Luke or Finn out there with Rey.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 24 Oct 2017, 12:30 am

Kylo Men wrote:Yes, but it's all misdirection and trick editing. All the way down to the bananas. Because Lucasfilm and Disney love wasting their money. Because if you had a billion dollars to advertise, you would throw as much of that money in a direction that isn't actually going to happen and that stands to anger a significant portion of the fan base. All while never spending a dime putting Luke or Finn out there with Rey.
@Kylo Men

Your snark has really been on a roll lately. I have been enjoying it greatly.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 24 Oct 2017, 1:39 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Tex wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Tex wrote:Something that I'm really excited to see in the marketing post TLJ is magazine spreads with beautiful photo shoots featuring our duel protagonists H-beating. Even if Rey and Kylo aren't romantically involved by the end of the film they will still be set up as the films #POWAH COUPLE. With all the dark/light, ying/yang imagery how can a magazine pass up on putting these two together? Adam and Daisy have done some great photo shoots in the past. So it just gets me really excited to think of what we'll end up getting.
@Tex

Annie Leibowitz was supposedly out shooting in Ireland for a couple of days during that shoot. The final VF article had, what, 2-3 pictures from Ireland?  I have to think that she did get some great shots other than those, but that they didn't make VF because they were too spoiler-y.
@ISeeAnIsland

I remember that. I also remember the disappointment that followed with what we ended up getting from VF Laughing I really do hope they have something hidden away, but I'm still annoyed by that Rian misquote and the Reylo hating we got from VF. I can't easily forget that.
@Tex

LOL I was playing trivia quiz game with my friends that evening when the VF article dropped and I remember getting shocked and everyone was just babbling away around me. I managed to pull myself together, but lol what a heck that was.
@SkyStar

LOL. I remember, too. I was at the doctor's office, and I was reading the forum on my phone while I was waiting...and then that article dropped...and the forum exploded while I had two back-to-back doctor's appointments.
@ISeeAnIsland

At least you had doctors all around...

Stretcher

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 24 Oct 2017, 5:55 am

Someone edited the wikipedia article on Dole:

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 9 Dole_w10

Was that done by an anti or someone making fun of antis? ROFL
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 24 Oct 2017, 6:12 am

Forsythia wrote:Someone edited the wikipedia article on Dole:

@Forsythia

Hahahaha, never a boring day being in the fandom. Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 24 Oct 2017, 6:15 am

Forsythia wrote:Someone edited the wikipedia article on Dole:

@Forsythia

Tbh I can't decide if this is funny....or embarassing...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 24 Oct 2017, 6:29 am

I can't decide either. Who would even think about changing a serious article that doesn't have anything to do with Star Wars because of a shipping war? One the one hand I can't imagine anyone being silly enough to think the ad is "Reylo propaganda" and I think it must be meant as a joke, on the other hand I've seen a few antis throwing a fit over the ads and taking them much more serious than any Reylo shippers do. But if it was done by a Reylo shipper, I'm also not sure what to think about it, because though the edit it is funny, pretending to be someone else to make them look stupid isn't nice and it's not even necessary, because the antis are very good at embarrassing themselves without our help (and if the truth got out, the antis would use it against us and it would be embarrassing for us).

Edit:
Okay, now someone added "Dole ships Reylo" and the alleged slogan "Begin a healthy adventure by shipping Reylo" to the article. Fighting a shipping war in a wikipedia article is kind of embarrassing.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 24 Oct 2017, 8:33 am

This is exactly what LF wants. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 24 Oct 2017, 1:36 pm

vaderito wrote:This is exactly what LF wants. Twisted Evil
@vaderito

Exactly. This is freaking hilarious and I'm not even mad.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Wed 25 Oct 2017, 5:26 am

The German shop Elbenwald also uses an image of only Rey and Kylo for the promotion of their TLJ merchandise:

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 9 Starwars-thelastjedi_cat

(I'm not happy of their assortment though, It looks like they have Kylo and Luke shirts only for men and Rey shirts only for women. What about women who like Kylo and Luke or men who like Rey?)
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 25 Oct 2017, 12:53 pm

Random question: Anyone knows when does the press tour for TLJ start? Is it in mid November? Like one month prior to the release? I don´t remember when they began the tour for TFA. scratch
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 25 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm

I just know that LF must have tons of confidence in Kylo arc cause they agreed for Kylo to look much more like Adam in real life than Kylo did in TFA. They aren't smoothing his features to make him prettier and yet he's super hot and resembles Anakin quite a lot despite much less lighting/make-up/hair spray. That tells me that they really believe in the performance.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 25 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm

vaderito wrote:I just know that LF must have tons of confidence in Kylo arc cause they agreed for Kylo to look much more like Adam in real life than Kylo did in TFA. They aren't smoothing his features to make him prettier and yet he's super hot and resembles Anakin quite a lot despite much less lighting/make-up/hair spray. That tells me that they really believe in the performance.
@vaderito

ALL OF THIS!!!!  He even sounds more like Adam Driver in the trailer than Kylo did in TFA.  As much as I love Kylo, Adam Driver is at times hardly recognizable he's so incredibly done up.  Yet in the trailer he seemed more down to earth than TFA Kylo, and that probably goes back to Adam Driver's comment about humanity as one aspect we'll get to see.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 25 Oct 2017, 2:02 pm

vaderito wrote:I just know that LF must have tons of confidence in Kylo arc cause they agreed for Kylo to look much more like Adam in real life than Kylo did in TFA. They aren't smoothing his features to make him prettier and yet he's super hot and resembles Anakin quite a lot despite much less lighting/make-up/hair spray. That tells me that they really believe in the performance.
@vaderito

They never needed to doll him up! As much as some people criticize his looks, nearly every role Adam has been in has had him as a love interest. No primping required. Personally, since I already knew Adam from other things before I saw him in TFA, I found all of the coiffing and make up sort of jarring. Though I suppose it fits Kylo's character, since he's supposed to be all about wearing a mask to hide the true self. And now they're letting him be more raw and real, and I appreciate that they're displaying it in his appearance too.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 25 Oct 2017, 2:06 pm

Great points @IoJovi @ZioRen I think that's going to endear the character to the audience much more.

But yes, no doubt they went with raw Adam this time around.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 25 Oct 2017, 2:12 pm

That Dole Wiki edit is pathetic but incredibly hilarious! Goes to show the antis are really desperate and upset! It's crazy the amount of attention some people devote to something they hate and odds are they are going to hate this movie!

Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 25 Oct 2017, 2:21 pm

@vaderito

How I look at it, TFA Kylo was so dolled up with the smooth skin and poofy hair as a sort of high contrast to the exterior which is a scary masked persona. It could also be to emphasize how young he is, or how his emotional growth is stunted. Plus, the eerie dreamlike handsomeness probably signifies the illusion of what the Dark Side can give you. It looks good, but it also looks very fake. Not only until the Snow Fight did he look "real" in a sense.

As much as I love baby-faced Kylo, I'm loving TLJ Kylo much more already.

Also, he's starting to look 29/30, so people could stop assuming him and Rey are twins. lol
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next