Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marketing for Episode VIII

+63
spacebaby45678
Darth Dementor
CienaRee
MyOnlyHope
Atenais
Armadeus
Darth_marshmallow
PalmettoBlue
MrsWindu
Man Without A Star
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
DarthRen
rey09
Camaro
AceofWands
nite0wl29
ZioRen
Mana
Anakin Skywalker
Forsythia
Kylo Rey
reylo1992
Tex
Darth Rowan
tukicarreno
RosiePancake
MissG
SheLitAFire
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
SkyStar
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
nemapasara
Night Huntress
EchoBase
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
shii405
Helix
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
motherofpearl1
Airemyn
Kessel
Jakku
SanghaRen
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
Sylvia Snow
panki
Birdwoman
Little_Boots
vaderito
Xylo Ren
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
snufkin
BastilaBey
Moonjump05
ISeeAnIsland
67 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Empty Re: Marketing for Episode VIII

Post by Atenais Tue 28 Nov 2017, 12:18 pm

snufkin wrote:@skystar

@Kessel - I know, even if we get her in the film and whatever role she played in writing the screenplay, characters, and stories, this is mos def a moment in our culture about misogyny and how women have been treated by the entertainment industry where her voice is missing. Including the insights she had before she even was in the first movie thanks to her mother's career/battle against the machine. Instead we'll get a boring as Hell press junket (and sorry, Mark Hamill is certainly a very nice guy & has a good a sense of humor but he's not a genius social critic/raconteur the way Carrie was). Anyways, I think we'll see a lot of Debbie and her life battles in this version of Leia, which makes it extra sad that they're both gone. One of my BINGO square predictions should be that the movie will be dedicated to the both of them, which is at least a pretty bad a** footnote for both of them to have on their filmographies.

Otherwise, that Korean marketing!!! Like gosh, there's nothing there about a plucky young girl who finds her long-lost father and they team up to murder her evil cousin who is just awful and doesn't appreciate his mom. The only thing Rey looks in danger of losing in this marketing is @panki's comment that the Skywalker special will be losing your heart. That cleavage though, she also looks like she's in danger of losing her virginity.

Here is a question I've had recently about the ongoing backlash from the more traditionalist corners of the fandom against this topic, both in terms of gender and nationalities. Which traditionally has been the Western/English speaking part of the world. At some point between now and the end of the OT, it somehow got to be very very male (the whole business of when the nerds became the jocks in our culture). People have based their whole identities and among fans, their levels of credibility/visibility/voice on knowledge of and participation in this particular fictional universe. Which happens with all types of creative works and long before Star Wars, like the example of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's love-hate relationship with Sherlock Holmes thanks to the fans. But with the ST, you start to see the new corporate owners reaching out to people who don't fit that core demographic - women/young girls, people of color/non Western nationalities and ethnicities, people whose areas of expertise aren't Pew Pew Pew but things like classic literature/folklore/fairytales, film history, K Drama and Anime fans, et cetera. Basically the fanboys and fangirls (many of whom have been battling to coexist in the same space as the fanboys) who've been fans prior to the ST find that the script has been flipped. That these new fans either don't follow those rules or that they have a better understanding of what the "new rules" are for this fictional universe. Which is likely threatening as Hell, to have to make space for these fans and potentially lose some (or all) of your hegemony. Like I'd love to have an open discussion with the marketing team, especially the international marketing teams, for this franchise because I bet that these are issues they've tracked, in terms of loyal brand customers versus reaching out to new ones in new demographics/markets. I can't speak to Reddit Tumblr et all, but if you follow the really vocal fans on Twitter, they're almost across the board either American or from the British Commonwealth. Versus here, where we have a really fascinating mix of predominantly female community members, but from I'd bet those of us who are the native English speakers US/British Commonwealth are outnumbered by the rest of you.
@snufkin

What an amazing post, especially the last part. After reading what you wrote, I myself would love to talk with the marketing team and understand what they planned for TLJ, since they had to think of a more expanded market.

Thinking about what @Irina de France said, about "Anglo-American mentalities are very much influenced by Protestantism", it makes me think that Brazilian people in general are more open about sensuality and romance (due to our Latin root), probably the reason why I don't see people here expecting Rey to be the virgin heroin.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 28 Nov 2017, 12:24 pm

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tumblr_p04yioXI0l1w6j24yo1_1280
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 28 Nov 2017, 12:45 pm

@Atenais - I lived in the Caribbean and have spent time in Brazil (and too many other Latin American countries to list), so I definitely notice the Brazilian cohort here! It is that slight cultural difference between the Anglo and more Latin sensibilities. People forget that cross-cultural shifts go both ways, like everybody else in the world knows what our brands and cultural products are, why shouldn't we also know (and understand) things like telenovelas or K-Drama. Both are perfectly valid analogies to make to the ST, just that some fans aren't interested in that because it's outside their level of cultural familiarity/comfort, so they try to write it off as invalid arguments.

The part about people wanting Rey to stay some pure good girl, that's also interesting and gets into how no matter the cultural setting, young girls and women get that role of being the barometer of morality forced on them. So people expect Rey to be a certain way. Which I have no doubt she'll continue to operate by a personal code, which is evolving as she ventures further out into the larger world and coming into her identity as a fully developed/self-determined adult. But the amount of discussion around what she "should" or "shouldn't do" and who (meaning her big evil cousin who's a threat to her purity) is part of the underlying tension in these pushbacks. My based on no actual data, but just observation is that the fans who are fine with what's been shown/hinted at for her relationship with Kylo are likely the ones who also don't just have a more relaxed view towards romance/sensuality, but who likely also see the double standard. Nobody here wants her to be like Padme, sidelined and defined as part of the bad boy character's storyline. It's actually the opposite here - he's the LI and his story is driven by her character arc. So far it's been pretty subversive in flipping the gender dynamics, which is definitely not the norm. And part of what likely interests most of us in discussing this topic. It's just unfortunate more fans/writers haven't figured this out or don't recognize what's happening here is pretty subversive.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:19 pm

I dont know where to put this, but here are the full cover photos without the text. They both look stunning!

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Ks5y9czmkr001
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:43 pm

snufkin wrote:@Atenais - I lived in the Caribbean and have spent time in Brazil (and too many other Latin American countries to list), so I definitely notice the Brazilian cohort here! It is that slight cultural difference between the Anglo and more Latin sensibilities. People forget that cross-cultural shifts go both ways, like everybody else in the world knows what our brands and cultural products are, why shouldn't we also know (and understand) things like telenovelas or K-Drama. Both are perfectly valid analogies to make to the ST, just that some fans aren't interested in that because it's outside their level of cultural familiarity/comfort, so they try to write it off as invalid arguments.

The part about people wanting Rey to stay some pure good girl, that's also interesting and gets into how no matter the cultural setting, young girls and women get that role of being the barometer of morality forced on them. So people expect Rey to be a certain way. Which I have no doubt she'll continue to operate by a personal code, which is evolving as she ventures further out into the larger world and coming into her identity as a fully developed/self-determined adult. But the amount of discussion around what she "should" or "shouldn't do" and who (meaning her big evil cousin who's a threat to her purity) is part of the underlying tension in these pushbacks. My based on no actual data, but just observation is that the fans who are fine with what's been shown/hinted at for her relationship with Kylo are likely the ones who also don't just have a more relaxed view towards romance/sensuality, but who likely also see the double standard. Nobody here wants her to be like Padme, sidelined and defined as part of the bad boy character's storyline. It's actually the opposite here - he's the LI and his story is driven by her character arc. So far it's been pretty subversive in flipping the gender dynamics, which is definitely not the norm. And part of what likely interests most of us in discussing this topic. It's just unfortunate more fans/writers haven't figured this out or don't recognize what's happening here is pretty subversive.
@snufkin

The bolded is brilliant, my friend.

Since American culture is an hegemony, people tend to forget that, as you said, cross-cultural shifts go both ways. The rest of the world tend to understand better Anglo culture, because we are bombarded with it since always, but every culture has its peculiarities and characteristics, what make our a richer world. That's the reason why I love to be part of forums like that, where we can talk with people from all the world and see the POV from different groups.

Talking about Rey, I don't know why her sexuality has to impact her values. I totally dislike the idea that she has to be pure to be good, as if it was the only way for a woman to be a model. Or we are good and pure or we are sexual vamps, trying to bend men with our art and allurements (lol).

"Nobody here wants her to be like Padme, sidelined and defined as part of the bad boy character's storyline."

One of the things that really bothers me in this fandom it's to see people putting our feminists values in question, just because we read the story from other perspective. It's so shallow and unfair. But in this modern society, where Social Media became a window for morality and stupidity, people don't care about really discussing things in its profundity. If you want Rey to have a partner, you're sexist, if you don't support the couple Rey and Finn you're racist, if you sympathize with Kylo, you're nazi. Everything is black or white.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 28 Nov 2017, 2:07 pm

@Atenais Thanks! That's exactly the topic I would love to hear more about with Star Wars, especially how much of this is driven by Disney. They've made it clear that they intend to diversify both the demographics they're going to target with their media products and parks, and also the type of characters/people represented in their films. Prior to the ST, I had an old neighbor here in the States who was from Poland and a huge fan - he actually worked on the CGI for The Phantom Menace. But he grew up under Communism and his parents had black market copies of the original films. Which was a surprise for me, never knew people from non-English speaking parts of the world followed the franchise. But I've certainly learned different since being here, and from fans (mostly all women) from so many different parts of the world, ages, and cultures!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Tue 28 Nov 2017, 2:20 pm

Atenais wrote:
snufkin wrote:@Atenais - I lived in the Caribbean and have spent time in Brazil (and too many other Latin American countries to list), so I definitely notice the Brazilian cohort here! It is that slight cultural difference between the Anglo and more Latin sensibilities. People forget that cross-cultural shifts go both ways, like everybody else in the world knows what our brands and cultural products are, why shouldn't we also know (and understand) things like telenovelas or K-Drama. Both are perfectly valid analogies to make to the ST, just that some fans aren't interested in that because it's outside their level of cultural familiarity/comfort, so they try to write it off as invalid arguments.

@snufkin

Since American culture is an hegemony, people tend to forget that, as you said, cross-cultural shifts go both ways. The rest of the world tend to understand better Anglo culture, because we are bombarded with it since always, but every culture has its peculiarities and characteristics, what make our a richer world. That's the reason why I love to be part of forums like that, where we can talk with people from all the world and see the POV from different groups.

Talking about Rey, I don't know why her sexuality has to impact her values. I totally dislike the idea that she has to be pure to be good, as if it was the only way for a woman to be a model. Or we are good and pure or we are sexual vamps, trying to bend men with our art and allurements (lol).

"Nobody here wants her to be like Padme, sidelined and defined as part of the bad boy character's storyline."

One of the things that really bothers me in this fandom it's to see people putting our feminists values in question, just because we read the story from other perspective. It's so shallow and unfair. But in this modern society, where Social Media became a window for morality and stupidity, people don't care about really discussing things in its profundity. If you want Rey to have a partner, you're sexist, if you don't support the couple Rey and Finn you're racist, if you sympathize with Kylo, you're nazi. Everything is black or white.
@Atenais

Yes,so true you really can't win nowadays when it comes to portraying female characters and it's just so frustrating. Fankly over the years I've really grown to hate the word ''strong female character''and not because I don't think woman are strong quite the opposite,it's just that  there are lot of expectations attached go with that some of which have grown progressively worse.
I'm just curious what makes someone a strong woman?Does she have to have a set of characteristics that deems her as ''strong'' and if she's ''weak'' does that make her anti feminist or someone you shouldn't root for? For example Rey or Leia a stronger female character than Padme(I'm using SW as an example since we're talking about the fandom's overprotectivness and infantalization of Rey but there are a lot more examples of that in fiction)? Because she died of a broken heart?I'm not saying Padme couldn't have been written betteror her death wasn't a lazy and horribly written but why is she being judged more harshly than Rey or Leia?
Just from my experience it's never a good idea to put women in boxes because being a strong female character is a very subjective things - each person has different expectations of what a ''strong''female character should be and just because that character doesn't meet all his expectations doesn't mean she shouldn't be admired or loved - Rey's become a fan favorite but you'll still met people who dislike her and accuse her of being a Mary Sue and would easily start hating her if she doesn't meet their expectations for being a pure adorable cinnamon roll.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Tue 28 Nov 2017, 3:11 pm

Saw this at my cinema and just love how they're sabers are connected.Very Happy. 

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171110

It's also kind of Intresting how Luke is standing over both their shoulders? Neutral  Particularly dark, menacing, and hooded Luke is over Kylo while unhooded Luke is over Rey? You would think Snoke would be paired up with Kylo? Makes you wonder if Luke doesn't come out looking so good when we find out more about Ben's story.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 4:27 pm

vaderito wrote:Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tumblr_p04yioXI0l1w6j24yo1_1280
@vaderito

Topps at times will have correspondences with Tarot. The number 6 is the lovers card

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Maj06

@Darth Dementor

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 1501186535899

That photo that they use for Luke is this one, it looks just like the angel Gabriel on the Lovers Card. I don't think it is menacing at all, as some spoilers say Luke may be unintentionally pushing Kylo and Rey toward each other. This card expresses much of what is going on in TLJ, Rey is looking to Luke for guidance, and Kylo is looking to Rey for hope, reaching out to her just as the man reaches out to the woman on the lovers card, with flames in the background just like the card.

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Kylo-Reaching-His-Hand-Out-Rey

The final meaning of the Lovers is perhaps best illustrated by the image of the card in the Rider-Waite deck, and some of its variants. This image shows the man looking at the woman, who in turn looks at the divine figure above them both. The man cannot see the angel, and he must trust the woman to see it for him. Likewise, the conscious mind (the man) cannot directly access Higher Powers (the angel), whatever you believe those are. The unconscious (the woman) must be the bridge between the physical and spiritual planes.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 28 Nov 2017, 5:15 pm

CienaRee wrote:
Atenais wrote:

@snufkin

@Atenais

Yes,so true you really can't win nowadays when it comes to portraying female characters and it's just so frustrating. Fankly over the years I've really grown to hate the word ''strong female character''and not because I don't think woman are strong quite the opposite,it's just that  there are lot of expectations attached go with that some of which have grown progressively worse.
I'm just curious what makes someone a strong woman?Does she have to have a set of characteristics that deems her as ''strong'' and if she's ''weak'' does that make her anti feminist or someone you shouldn't root for? For example Rey or Leia a stronger female character than Padme(I'm using SW as an example since we're talking about the fandom's overprotectivness and infantalization of Rey but there are a lot more examples of that in fiction)? Because she died of a broken heart?I'm not saying Padme couldn't have been written betteror her death wasn't a lazy and horribly written but why is she being judged more harshly than Rey or Leia?
Just from my experience it's never a good idea to put women in boxes because being a strong female character is a very subjective things - each person has different expectations of what a ''strong''female character should be and just because that character doesn't meet all his expectations doesn't mean she shouldn't be admired or loved - Rey's become a fan favorite but you'll still met people who dislike her and accuse her of being a Mary Sue and would easily start hating her if she doesn't meet their expectations for being a pure adorable cinnamon roll.
@CienaRee

Oh god, seriously. That's what amazes me about the constant focus of any feminist discourse on how Rey "should" be "a role model" or a "strong female character" to be exhausting. Even thought Wonder Woman was a lovely film and character, the amount of discussion about it started to remind me of that old Onion joke about "Women Empowered by Everything a Woman Does." Which yes, the bar was set so low and the standards (especially now that the lid's been blown off of the Boy's Club and Casting Couch) are so sh*tty for women that anything that's slightly better than the status quo. That's what Carrie Fisher was snarking about on the franchise, being the only woman in space, the double standard in space of being FS but not getting a light saber, getting shoved into a bikini because the demographic was teenage boys, RotJ director complaining that Leia was a b***h (which duh, she is. Leia and Lady Mary Crawley are great characters because they're b*****s who get stuff done & don't GAF what you think about them), etc. Her whole point was the bar was so low because it was such a Boy's Club for so long. And the ST is doing things like just having more female characters, showing more women in general in all the different settings, having older women w/gray hair and wrinkles, showing women's relationships like colleagues, friends, and sisters, et cetera. Instead of expecting Rey to be the perfect pure vessel of an entire gender, either for the sake of 'empowerment' or the standard sh**y practice where the female character is always the Lone Girl (which Leia was) who ends up being there to support the male character's journeys. Which was 100% what happened in the PT. You hope that the new production team is aware of those pitfalls from the past and that's not going to happen with Rey. But the preoccupation with expecting everything to rest on her shoulders instead of just doing better with more female characters and how they're represented/written is aggravating.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 28 Nov 2017, 5:49 pm

panki wrote:
shii405 wrote:
Armadeus wrote:Came across this banner:

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tumblr_p04ikoewaq1tkqfyho1_1280

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 POQIP97
@Armadeus

affraid Shocked cheers bounce Claps H-beating

WHAT DOES IT SAY??? I SEE QUESTION MARK!! These poses specially for Disney Korea?
@shii405

I'm not sure but according to google translate the top yellow line is:

In 12th month (?), a huge destiny/fate is determined.
@panki

My Korean friend told me the banner says:

In December the huge destiny is going to be doomed.
Star Wars The Last Jedi
Good or Evil? Check it with the first premiere
in December IMAX released.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 28 Nov 2017, 6:53 pm

@spacebaby45678 Oh, wow, never thought of that!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 28 Nov 2017, 8:03 pm

Irina de France wrote:@snufkin I've grown up in France and in Quebec - and let me tell you, mentality in France is VERY different from North America, and even in Quebec, you can see the cultural difference between anglophones and francophones (also, French feminism is different from Anglo-American feminism, in so many ways. I should write up an essay on the differences one of these days).

Thing is - Anglo-American mentalities are very much influenced by Protestantism, most especially the more Puritanical branches. Because of that, there is a lot more pearl-clutching, more moral purity ("will someone think of the children" and everything). Quebec is admittedly a bit of a special case (I'll spare you the history lesson), but when it comes to culture and the arts in general, France has always been a lot less conservative than the UK and the US, and that goes way back to the 17th century. Of course, there was the case of Charles Baudelaire and Les Fleurs du Mal, which pretty much demonstrates that there were still lines that weren't to be crossed, but there was still more slack given to authors for certain themes than in other countries, so to say.
@Irina de France

I'd love to read that if you ever have time to write up a post or essay on here about the bolded part!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 29 Nov 2017, 4:30 am

vaderito wrote:@spacebaby45678 Oh, wow, never thought of that!
@vaderito

Something I missed a week ago concerning Rey's first Topps Card. 91, 9 +1 = 10. This is the Wheel of Fortune Card. Besides Canto Bight being a metaphor for games of chance. This is literally the name of the animation Forces of Destiny.Coincidence? Who is responsible, Topps or LF study  scratch

"The wheel is an apt symbol for the forces of Destiny and Fate.  http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/"

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tumblr_p00us43ppU1v3o2r3o1_400

The following reminds me of ring theory and as the S.Korean marketing says, Rey is bringing the past to the present.

"This cyclical structure of Fate is perhaps the only way to really understand how Fate manifests. The conclusion of a situation is found in its beginning, just as the number 10 of the Wheel of Fortune reduces to 1 by the addition of its digits. When you can realize that each beginning leads to an ending, and that each ending is both the results of one beginning and the freshly planted seed of another, then you will have grasped the essential notion of the Wheel of Fortune"

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Maj10

Another interesting factoid from The Wheel of Fortune, it is described as a wheel that hovers in the clouds. In ESB, Bespin was a wheel that hovered in the clouds where Han & Leia fell in Love, cheers Luke found out that Vader was his father, Sad all of the OT trio's fates where sealed.  

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Header
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 29 Nov 2017, 8:10 am

@spacebaby45678 Oh, wow, you really rock that stuff! There is a connection!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 29 Nov 2017, 11:07 pm

I like how Thor believes Rey will spend a good chunk of time seeing things from Kylo's eyes.  And his theory that Rey is not the one being tortured in The trailer but Ben and she is seeing and feeling his pain through the Force Bond.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 29 Nov 2017, 11:41 pm

Maybe none of this is a vision, she actually spends time with Kylo and her opinion changes? I get that Thor would see things that way but I feel things might be more concrete.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:15 am

After the glimpse we got of Rey using the Force in what is clearly Snoke's throne room with a downed Praetorian Guard in the back, I highly doubt that scene is a vision.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:51 am

ZioRen wrote:After the glimpse we got of Rey using the Force in what is clearly Snoke's throne room with a downed Praetorian Guard in the back, I highly doubt that scene is a vision.
@ZioRen

Agreed. I suppose Rey could have a vision of it before it happens, but I'm pretty confident she's going to end up in front of Snoke with Kylo there.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 30 Nov 2017, 8:43 am

They are promoting TLJ at the comicon being held in my city this weekend so planning to attend....it definitely wont be as big a deal as in other countries since most people here are DC and Marvel fans (so more focus on that in terms of guests, merchandise and advertising)...but I'm curious to see if they give any reylo hints.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:28 am

I went to the Star Wars campaign - SW official goods shop today in Shibuya. AWESOME!

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171135

Guysss, all posters and banners only have Rey and Kylo... Shocked
Well thank god they are not forgetting C3PO, R2D2, BB8 and Stormtrooper!

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171136

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171137

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171138

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171139

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171140

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171141

This Porgs photo spot is so cute!!!

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171142

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171143

I am secretly wishing for Kylo, Rey, BB8 and BB9E to go for a journey together at the end of TLJ and beginning of IX, can't believe I got this!!!

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171144

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171145

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171146

Can anyone tell me why there are 2 sets of Rey/Luke? Light-colored Rey/Luke and Dark-colored Rey/Luke Question

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171147

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171148

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171149

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 20171150

The little girl in me is just so happy to see Reylo dolls always placed next to each other Love

shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 30 Nov 2017, 11:00 am

LMAO! Kylo's hair continues to be ridiculously made up on Funko and Chibi toys even though it isn't in the movie. lol!

Chibi Grumpy!Luke is king
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Fri 01 Dec 2017, 5:31 am

The recent promotional images from TLJ (click on the images for original size):

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tlj_ke10 Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tlj_ke11 Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Rey10

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tlj_ke18 Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tlj_ke14 Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tlj_ke13 Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tlj_ke17 Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tlj_ke15 Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tlj_ke16 Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tlj_ke12

(Source: forum.blu-ray.com)

Sorry that most of these are pixelated in original size. Apparently Disney released them like that. But if you downscale them to a normal size, they look great.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 01 Dec 2017, 8:03 pm

Getting ready to appear on Jimmy Kimmel. All the tv interviews have been fun but tame beyond belief. It'll be nice to see pretty much the entire cast interacting though. Smile

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 15 Tumblr_p0b90fWgII1w6j24yo1_1280
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Fri 01 Dec 2017, 8:25 pm

Have poeple seen this?

I thought it was quite funny Smile
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux