Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

+42
Kessel
MyOnlyHope
Kylo Ren
Rei of Sunshine
FrolickingFizzgig
MissG
EchoBase
ZenBrainJam
Search Your Feelings
BenRey
rey09
Sylvia Snow
SoloSideCousin
BastilaBey
Darth Dingbat
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
Sforza
AnneNeville
panki
Birdwoman
CienaRee
Saracene
Mana
Miyu
Rogue Rey
Moonjump05
SanghaRen
ReyofLightSide
AnnLouise
Darth Rowan
YoloKylo
Camaro
Reylo Lemon
vaderito
ISeeAnIsland
Blackcanary
Little_Boots
Kinbari
Force22
Darth_Awakened
nonesuch
46 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 29 Apr 2016, 1:21 pm

Search Your Feelings wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:I don't need two hours of Reylo. One hour will do just fine Wink

No but seriously, if there's going to be any real romance here - even understated, or downright unrequited - Rey and Kylo are going to have to interact in more than just highly charged fight scenes.

I understand that nobody wants to set themselves up for disappointment. But I'm only trying to look at the options available for the writers. I don't quite understand why almost everybody seems to expect that Reylo continues to be nothing but simmering subtext between two enemies. There's the possibility that it's going to be a "real" epic romance, and that's fun to think about, too.

And I have to wonder, if Rey and Kylo remain enemies and don't even really interact aside from fabulous lightsaber duels, when exactly are we - and Rey, as Beauty to his Beast - supposed to start seeing the human side of him? When exactly is Kylo's redemption arc supposed to start? In the last half-hour of Episode IX?
@Darth Dingbat

I agree,for Rey to really fall in love with Kylo she needs to spend some time with him without fighting him.The audiene needs to see that he's having a change of heart and his feelings for Rey are sincere.I mean subtext is great and all but if ome people couldn't see that Kylo was falling head over hills for Rey I don't thik they'll be able to caught it not on first viewing especially if the other movies move as fast as TFA did.
@CienaRee

One of the best and fastest way is for them to be stranded somewhere with a formed alliance against a shared threat.
Or maybe Kylo saves her from the KO and he becomes a traitor to Snoke, etc. Kylo has to somehow step up and save Leia or Rey or betray the FO/Snoke for Rey to even consider him as not a monster.
@Search Your Feelings

Right. I know that I bring it up way too much, but I really think that the KOR-in-the-rain scene is going to be a pivotal scene in this trilogy. Kylo is going to save someone--probably Rey or possibly Luke--by killing one of his own men.

Kylo and Rey then needing to escape and/or becoming stranded somewhere because of that action would make logical narrative sense--there's 6 other KOR standing there wondering "WTH just happened???"
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1

Post by vaderito Fri 29 Apr 2016, 2:00 pm

@ISeeAnIsland I see Rain as pivotal moment for Kylo because SKB was pivotal moment for Rey. They share both but SKB was arguably more profound for her cause she found her destiny (that includes her Kylo). So rain will have to be a huge turnaround for him in some way since it's in the vision. All events in the vision (from Kylo's past and Rey's past and future) shaped them in profound way. We are yet to find out how rain will shape Kylo.

Kylo's past:

bespin - his legacy
Luke's school destruction

Rey's past:

Jakku drop

Rey's future (shared with Kylo):

SKB

Kylo's future (shared with Rey?):

Rain
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch Fri 29 Apr 2016, 2:30 pm

E! News (I know...) has a new report on what Princes William and Harry got up to on the Episode VIII set:

“When they visited the Star Wars set they [William and Harry] spent part of the day shooting a secret scene,” a source told E! News. “During what was meant to be a lunch break on the official schedule of the royal tour at Pinewood, they actually sneaked off to Wardrobe and were dressed up as Stormtroopers for a scene with Daisy, John and Benicio.”

“I know that one of the Stormtroopers, not sure if William or Harry, was required to pat Daisy’s bottom as he walked past her,” the source added.

So will Star Wars: Episode VIII feature two certified princes? The source told E! News they were unsure if William and Harry’s scene was filmed for the movie, another project, such as a charity campaign, or just for fun. They added the set was cleared for the occasion, with a skeleton crew enlisted for the job.

http://www.eonline.com/news/760917/prince-william-prince-harry-filmed-a-secret-naughty-star-wars-scene-with-daisy-ridley

Unless Rian Johnson has been taking inspiration from the grand British tradition of saucy Carry On-style comedy, this detail (i.e. Daisy being patted on the bottom) strongly suggests that the scene filmed with John, Daisy and Benicio is for some kind of charity or comedy thing. I simply can’t see Rian including a scene in the actual film where Rey gets smacked on the bottom by a stormtrooper! And that takes us back to square one, in terms of what this might mean for the direction of the narrative,
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Fri 29 Apr 2016, 2:36 pm

nonesuch wrote:E! News (I know...) has a new report on what Princes William and Harry got up to on the Episode VIII set:

“When they visited the Star Wars set they [William and Harry] spent part of the day shooting a secret scene,” a source told E! News. “During what was meant to be a lunch break on the official schedule of the royal tour at Pinewood, they actually sneaked off to Wardrobe and were dressed up as Stormtroopers for a scene with Daisy, John and Benicio.”

“I know that one of the Stormtroopers, not sure if William or Harry, was required to pat Daisy’s bottom as he walked past her,” the source added.

So will Star Wars: Episode VIII feature two certified princes? The source told E! News they were unsure if William and Harry’s scene was filmed for the movie, another project, such as a charity campaign, or just for fun. They added the set was cleared for the occasion, with a skeleton crew enlisted for the job.

http://www.eonline.com/news/760917/prince-william-prince-harry-filmed-a-secret-naughty-star-wars-scene-with-daisy-ridley

Unless Rian Johnson has been taking inspiration from the grand British tradition of saucy Carry On-style comedy, this detail (i.e. Daisy being patted on the bottom) strongly suggests that the scene filmed with John, Daisy and Benicio is for some kind of charity or comedy thing. I simply can’t see Rian including a scene in the actual film where Rey gets smacked on the bottom by a stormtrooper! And that takes us back to square one, in terms of what this might mean for the direction of the narrative,
@nonesuch

Wut
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 29 Apr 2016, 2:53 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:I don't need two hours of Reylo. One hour will do just fine Wink

No but seriously, if there's going to be any real romance here - even understated, or downright unrequited - Rey and Kylo are going to have to interact in more than just highly charged fight scenes.

I understand that nobody wants to set themselves up for disappointment. But I'm only trying to look at the options available for the writers. I don't quite understand why almost everybody seems to expect that Reylo continues to be nothing but simmering subtext between two enemies. There's the possibility that it's going to be a "real" epic romance, and that's fun to think about, too.

And I have to wonder, if Rey and Kylo remain enemies and don't even really interact aside from fabulous lightsaber duels, when exactly are we - and Rey, as Beauty to his Beast - supposed to start seeing the human side of him? When exactly is Kylo's redemption arc supposed to start? In the last half-hour of Episode IX?
@Darth Dingbat
I don't expect it to be just that for two more movies. That's what it was in this movie. It was the introduction, the prologue, the rise. But I'm not about to make stabs in the dark when I really don't know how they're planning on telling the story. The details aren't my concern. The writers are going to tell the story their way, and that's that. I love everything about the introduction, so I expect I'll love the continuation and conclusion as well.

Just think about it like this. Rey's journey has been positioned to surround Kylo already. She went from experiencing a vision all about him after being called by his saber to being kidnapped by him to being interrogated by him to seeing his greatest fear to escaping to watching him kill his father to slashing him in the face to hugging his mother to boarding his legacy ship with his legacy saber to standing in front of the uncle he spent his last years with (who was betrayed by him). Everything about Rey's journey in The Force Awakens leads to Kylo in some way. The fact that they aren't currently in close proximity with each other right this second really doesn't matter. She just encountered the man with whom he spent a good deal of his adolescence. Luke is the missing link in all this. He'll have answers.

A good part of me is expecting them not to see each other again until the Knights of Ren sequence, at which point the "big moment" may occur. But we'll see. I'm not involved in the writing group (obviously). I don't even have a preferred version of how I want to see it play out, but they absolutely are going to interact again, and quite a lot I imagine. Everything about The Force Awakens establishes them to develop together. But that's all we have to work off right now, so I see no need to worry about the distant future. The answers you want really can only be given by the movie itself.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 29 Apr 2016, 3:15 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@Darth Dingbat
I don't expect it to be just that for two more movies. That's what it was in this movie. It was the introduction, the prologue, the rise. But I'm not about to make stabs in the dark when I really don't know how they're planning on telling the story. The details aren't my concern. The writers are going to tell the story their way, and that's that. I love everything about the introduction, so I expect I'll love the continuation and conclusion as well.

Just think about it like this. Rey's journey has been positioned to surround Kylo already. She went from experiencing a vision all about him after being called by his saber to being kidnapped by him to being interrogated by him to seeing his greatest fear to escaping to watching him kill his father to slashing him in the face to hugging his mother to boarding his legacy ship with his legacy saber to standing in front of the uncle he spent his last years with (who was betrayed by him). Everything about Rey's journey in The Force Awakens leads to Kylo in some way. The fact that they aren't currently in close proximity with each other right this second really doesn't matter. She just encountered the man with whom he spent a good deal of his adolescence. Luke is the missing link in all this. He'll have answers.

A good part of me is expecting them not to see each other again until the Knights of Ren sequence, at which point the "big moment" may occur. But we'll see. I'm not involved in the writing group (obviously). I don't even have a preferred version of how I want to see it play out, but they absolutely are going to interact again, and quite a lot I imagine. Everything about The Force Awakens establishes them to develop together. But that's all we have to work off right now, so I see no need to worry about the distant future. The answers you want really can only be given by the movie itself.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Regarding the bolded: I have that feeling too. It would make sense for her not to see him and wonder about him and then suddenly see him again in his threatening mask and with his threatening posse, and for a moment all the "confusing" or "sympathetic" things Luke may have told her about him will be gone, and he will just be a monster again. Until he isn't ... and he saves her, thus turning his back on everything FO and Snoke.

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 29 Apr 2016, 4:05 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@FrolickingFizzgig

Regarding the bolded: I have that feeling too. It would make sense for her not to see him and wonder about him and then suddenly see him again in his threatening mask and with his threatening posse, and for a moment all the "confusing" or "sympathetic" things Luke may have told her about him will be gone, and he will just be a monster again. Until he isn't ... and he saves her, thus turning his back on everything FO and Snoke.

@SoloSideCousin

This is how my head canon goes. It would make the most sense dramatically for things to go down that way.

They could have a scene or two showing him "finishing his training" and receiving orders from Snoke to hunt down "the scavenger girl" and possibly Luke. These scenes could be intercut with Luke telling Rey about Ben Solo's backstory--something to paint him as more human and sympathetic. And then the first time that Rey and Kylo actually physically see each other again would be the big KOR-in-the-rain scene, which is going to be a gamechanger on several levels.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:51 am

I've read a rumor on Facebook that they're going to shoot in California. Did you guys find something? Maybe I should check msw
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:41 pm

New pics of the MF and Ahch-To set at Pinewood! Wonder what's going to be filmed in that theater set and what that huge tree is about, hmm http://www.xn--tmzespaol-r6a.com/2016/04/star-wars-episodio-8-saluden-al-halcon.html

Last edited by BastilaBey on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:44 pm

BastilaBey wrote:New pics of the MF and Ahch-To set at Pinewood! Wonder what;s going to be filmed in that theater set? http://www.xn--tmzespaol-r6a.com/2016/04/star-wars-episodio-8-saluden-al-halcon.html
@BastilaBey

The theatre looking type of place beside the falcon, I wonder what could it be?
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:49 pm

BastilaBey wrote:New pics of the MF and Ahch-To set at Pinewood! Wonder what's going to be filmed in that theater set and what that huge tree is about, hmm http://www.xn--tmzespaol-r6a.com/2016/04/star-wars-episodio-8-saluden-al-halcon.html
@BastilaBey

Could that be one of the force trees...the one that Luke retained...that might have got burnt in the temple fire?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:50 pm

panki wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:New pics of the MF and Ahch-To set at Pinewood! Wonder what's going to be filmed in that theater set and what that huge tree is about, hmm http://www.xn--tmzespaol-r6a.com/2016/04/star-wars-episodio-8-saluden-al-halcon.html
@BastilaBey

Could that be one of the force trees, now fully grown?
@panki

Interesting - it appears to be in the shape of the Resistance symbol.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm

IoJovi wrote:
panki wrote:
@BastilaBey

Could that be one of the force trees, now fully grown?
@panki

Interesting - it appears to be in the shape of the Resistance symbol.
@IoJovi

I didn't notice that.....that is a good observation... Smile
But it also looks burnt.....the jedi temple fire?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:57 pm

Looks like a multi-purpose outdoor set to me. Here are steps to the top of the island in Ach-To, for example: http://www.tmz.com/photos/2016/04/30/star-wars-first-look-at-the-millennium-falcon/images/2016/04/30/spl-exc-star-wars-mil-falcon-03-jpg
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:01 pm

I expect to see Luke and Rey training and meditating under and on this tree: http://www.tmz.com/photos/2016/04/30/star-wars-first-look-at-the-millennium-falcon/images/2016/04/30/spl-exc-star-wars-mil-falcon-23-jpg-1

Surely it is holy. Perhaps Luke has been sitting under it like Buddha.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:02 pm

AnneNeville wrote:I expect to see Luke and Rey training and meditating under and on this tree: http://www.tmz.com/photos/2016/04/30/star-wars-first-look-at-the-millennium-falcon/images/2016/04/30/spl-exc-star-wars-mil-falcon-23-jpg-1

@AnneNeville

That tree was in the background for the Rainy Fight Scene!
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 20 Screen32

Last edited by AnneNeville on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:03 pm

panki wrote:
@BastilaBey

Could that be one of the force trees...the one that Luke retained...that might have got burnt in the temple fire?
@panki

I'd say tree is a Magic Tree like the one from the entrance to Dark Side Cave in ESB. Rey meets Kylo in there. or something. Definitely Force connected and there will be Kylo. Tree, Rey, Kylo = Tree, Adam, Eve.

MF could mean they are shooting how Rey and Luke got off the planet.

@AnneNeville Yeah, here comes Kylo. Is that it? Behind Kylo and that staff that KoR is holding? When the lightning illuminates it?

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_o4swtikjN21v2q0c9o5_400

Last edited by vaderito on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:04 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:I expect to see Luke and Rey training and meditating under and on this tree: http://www.tmz.com/photos/2016/04/30/star-wars-first-look-at-the-millennium-falcon/images/2016/04/30/spl-exc-star-wars-mil-falcon-23-jpg-1

@AnneNeville

@AnneNeville

OMG that's it! I was wondering what it reminded me of!!!
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:06 pm

Holy white and rice that is most awesome!!!!

bounce bounce bounce
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:09 pm

AnneNeville wrote:

@AnneNeville

@AnneNeville

OMG! Could it really be that Kylo will follow Rey to Ach-To? Episode VIII will be about the two run away together while Rey trying to help Kylo turn back to the Light, away from Snoke influence while at the same time the two trying to aid the Resistance?  Shocked

Though I'm curious about what significant about the tree? A holy Force sensitive tree that will gain power to those who touch it? Enlightenment tree?

Could this is the trees in the background
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 20 Image39

Last edited by Sylvia Snow on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:09 pm

Brace yourselves, people! Kylo's coming! Now we have a proof that rain was indeed the future!

Yep, that's the Ach-to tree:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_o4swtikjN21v2q0c9o5_400

You can clearly see the crown and sides.

Moreover, look at the terrain around the tree. All rocks, just like terrain in the rain scene where we weren't sure whether there were rocks or bodies:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_o3kzt3Gnge1v3ekngo1_540

Last edited by vaderito on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:10 pm

If that is right, then it means that scene is in the future, since Kylo has never been there before...
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:11 pm

HOLY SITH!!! RAINY SCENE IS COMING AND I'M NOT READY!!!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:13 pm

vaderito wrote:Brace yourselves, people! Kylo's coming! Now we have a proof that rain was indeed the future!

Yep, that's the Ach-to tree:

You can clearly see the crown and sides.
@vaderito

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_ms48wtdVbd1r31inoo2_250
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:13 pm

Does that also mean his saber and mask are back for episode 8, I wonder...
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next