Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

+59
Rogue Rey
Hasi
Magnolia_3.0
MoonlitMoss
Armadeus
Airemyn
Lily Snape
AceofWands
Jakku
Birdwoman
Helix
ladyconsular
Reynak
Macha Ren
Darth Rowan
CienaRee
Rimfaxe96
guardienne
SoloSideCousin
Little_Boots
rey09
ZenBrainJam
soulluos
MyOnlyHope
MindAndMagic
BenRey
reylo1992
Mana
Krafty
Sylvia Snow
Moonjump05
Kyla Ren
ReyofLightSide
SanghaRen
Kessel
Reylo Lemon
Marchtwin
Saracene
ISeeAnIsland
panki
Darth_Awakened
LondonGal555
snufkin
EchoBase
FrolickingFizzgig
vaderito
Irina de France
motherofpearl1
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
spacebaby45678
BastilaBey
MeadowofAshes
creepi0
Gemini
ZioRen
IoJovi
Xylo Ren
Darth Dementor
63 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 12 Nov 2016, 1:18 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:The deliberate trashiness of how the comic is drawn makes me think that the artists hate shipping and all that it is and therefore drew all our beautiful characters in an ugly way to make no one look shipable anymore..
@Rei of Sunshine

Honestly, the overwhelming sense I got from this entire comic was that the artists hated TFA and all the characters in it... Razz

@ISeeAnIsland: yes, it does!

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Nauytt15

ETA: Or I'm not sure. I'm sure that represents the left hook, but it doesn't look quite clear.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 12 Nov 2016, 1:34 am

Got to add - either none of the artists knew how to draw Domhnall Gleeson, or they really hated Hux. He looks consistently like crap in this comic. Laughing These examples from the last issue aren't even the worst.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Nauytt16
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Nauytt17
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 12 Nov 2016, 4:03 am

Oh gosh. Poor Hux...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 12 Nov 2016, 6:16 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:Got to add - either none of the artists knew how to draw Domhnall Gleeson, or they really hated Hux. He looks consistently like crap in this comic. Laughing These examples from the last issue aren't even the worst.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Nauytt16
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Nauytt17
@Darth Dingbat

Hux looks like Snoke's younger brother with hair in the comics.... Razz

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sat 12 Nov 2016, 6:38 am

Hi guys/girls! Nothing to do with comics from my side!^^ Rewatching the following scene, something just struck me at 1:44. Listen and tell me what you think about:

It's me, or we've already heard that sound somewhere else???
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Raw_311
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 12 Nov 2016, 7:09 am

reylo1992 wrote:Hi guys/girls! Nothing to do with comics from my side!^^ Rewatching the following scene, something just struck me at 1:44. Listen and tell me what you think about:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Raw_311
@reylo1992

Is it a purr? lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sat 12 Nov 2016, 7:13 am

There are a few rare good Hux panels though:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Tumblr_ogerexHz871vjfja9o1_540

Although he does look like a ginger Luke in the 3rd one... scratch

But yeah, perhaps Han was the only character the artist really liked:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Tumblr_ob3qyrOG4D1t1hpnwo1_540
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 12 Nov 2016, 7:21 am

I can't help but notice that even in the comic, there were a lot of hints of Dark Rey, Reylo and Kylo's redemption.
Rey's eyes in the final battle.
How gorgeous Ren looked when unmasked
Han stroking Ren's face (although they got the side wrong).
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 12 Nov 2016, 7:26 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:Oh my gosh, that comic artist really did it. He dared to add "Like, you know... nyah" to the comic.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Tumblr_inline_ogfwten4FY1u76ccn_540

Normally it looks something like this:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Tumblr_nyyqymwAAb1stwnh6o1_500

Honestly. This must be intentionally ridiculing the character, right? Right???
@Rimfaxe96

What I want to know is does the comic include that nice left hook that Kylo lands on Finn right before he puts him out of action? Because that's my favorite part of the Kylo-Finn fight.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yes it does!!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sat 12 Nov 2016, 8:21 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:Hi guys/girls! Nothing to do with comics from my side!^^ Rewatching the following scene, something just struck me at 1:44. Listen and tell me what you think about:

@reylo1992

Is it a purr? lol!
@Maria Antonietta

I think yeah
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Raw_1110

Don't know to what extent it's really relevant but:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Screen13
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 58271a10
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Screen15

“In the new film, there’s a lot more to do. What happens now is the heroes get tested. All three of them [Dameron, Daisy Ridley’s Rey and John Boyega’s Finn] get tested immensely…BB-8 gets tested too! Everybody gets tested! It’s the dark second chapter, but not really dark.” - Oscar Isaac
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 58272210
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 12 Nov 2016, 8:33 am

@reylo1992 BB-8 reminds me of a cute little kitten, so I'm not really surprised to hear him purr. I mean, if Rey is our princess, of course she has an animal/droid sidekick Wink

I fell across this video, which you can view here:

http://nonibear11.tumblr.com/post/153080458976/jj-abrams-explains-the-reylo-snow-fight-in-the

It's probably been discussed before, but JJ Abrams discusses that moment where Rey "lets the Force in" while she's at the edge of the cliff with Kylo. I just want to point out two things:

1) It wasn't originally going to be there: a friend of JJ saw an early cut, in which Rey was supposed to say to Kylo: "You're a monstah!" and kick him away, instead of saying that earlier with Finn. All I can say is youch. I mean, sure, Kylo's behavior hasn't exactly been exemplary (lol), but offering the girl you have a crush on to become her teacher and getting told you're a monster in response AND getting your face slashed... I kinda feel sorry for him.

2) So, said friend suggested the whole "letting the Force in" as a callback to what Maz had told Rey earlier. So basically Maz gave Rey the flowers and bees talk.

Last edited by Irina de France on Sat 12 Nov 2016, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 12 Nov 2016, 8:48 am

Here are a few things I noticed in the latest TFA comic:

The notorious tree makes its debut.
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Tfa

Poor Kylo was bleeding out.....he was in worse shape than I first thought.
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Tfa1

Rey drops a tree on Kylo... Razz
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Tfa2

The dark side makes an appearance...
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Tfa3

She doesn't stop at sith yellow....goes red....and did she just slash his injured side with the lightsaber? :O
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Tfa4

This is probably my favourite panel (love the misty background, ocean and birds).....father reunited with daughter....kidding.....did anyone notice how bothered Luke appears in the last image?
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 20 Tfa5

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 12 Nov 2016, 9:20 am

Hell yes.

I also noticed the blood; in the film it's practically invisible against his black clothing but you can see it shining on his belt.

And they made it look as if Chewie's bowcaster bolt actually went through his left side - I got that impression as well the more I watch the film.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 12 Nov 2016, 10:56 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Hell yes.

I also noticed the blood; in the film it's practically invisible against his black clothing but you can see it shining on his belt.

And they made it look as if Chewie's bowcaster bolt actually went through his left side - I got that impression as well the more I watch the film.
@motherofpearl1

Maybe they should have shown it more. According to a bunch of fanboys, they didn't show that Kylo was "hurt enough" to justify the bowcaster wound being a good reason that he lost. Essentially the only way they'd accept it is if blood was pouring out of him and he was stumbling around everywhere. Rolling Eyes
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 12 Nov 2016, 11:13 am

As he is, as you can see in the comic.
The thing is,no one wants to believe anything good about him, despite the fact that he's incredibly brave.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 12 Nov 2016, 11:20 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:As he is, as you can see in the comic.
The thing is,no one wants to believe anything good about him, despite the fact that he's incredibly brave.
@motherofpearl1

Well, perhaps they will eventually... and the effect will be all the more powerful for being delayed. Smile
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 12 Nov 2016, 11:51 am

I definitely noticed BB-8's purr at the moment when Plutt tries to bribe her into handing him over. He looks up at her and purrs. And Ben's force signature is the recording of a purr as well. I've alway thought that the way they show her stepping in to intervene/protect BB-8 from the Teedo, Plutt, and FO (especially with the "no respect" and "strip for parts" comments) is setting her up for the larger story of rescuing Ben from the FO and Snoke. Especially with JJ's commentary stating for 1) Han tells Ben Snoke is going to use him for his powers that Ben knows this deep down and 2) that Rey's moral code is what makes her go up against Teedo to protect BB-8. If she's going to find out something that makes her conflicted, it has to be more than just refusing Luke's order to kill him. And I still think that the "you need a pilot" and "you need a teacher" lines echo each other, especially because Finn's part of his dialogue is "this is a rescue mission" to bust Poe out of the FO. My guess is same for Rey starting in VIII.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 13 Nov 2016, 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 12 Nov 2016, 12:13 pm

I hope we'll see more of Bee Bee in Ep VIII.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 12 Nov 2016, 7:10 pm

ZioRen wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Hell yes.

@motherofpearl1

Maybe they should have shown it more. According to a bunch of fanboys, they didn't show that Kylo was "hurt enough" to justify the bowcaster wound being a good reason that he lost. Essentially the only way they'd accept it is if blood was pouring out of him and he was stumbling around everywhere. Rolling Eyes
@ZioRen

Nah he'd still be a sithy weaksauce villain who lost to a force n00b.

They object to Kylo losing, period, not the details.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Sat 12 Nov 2016, 7:55 pm

So I’m sitting here watching “The Secrets of The Force Awakens” and dude says randomly to his team, “But I think we should be considering how to create iconography that relates to this journey these two people are gonna take in the next generation.” -Rick Carter,  production design (Time: 4:52)

http://reylo101.tumblr.com/post/153096937867/these-are-the-first-steps-so-im-sitting-here
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 12 Nov 2016, 8:51 pm

BenRey wrote:
So I’m sitting here watching “The Secrets of The Force Awakens” and dude says randomly to his team, “But I think we should be considering how to create iconography that relates to this journey these two people are gonna take in the next generation.” -Rick Carter,  production design (Time: 4:52)

http://reylo101.tumblr.com/post/153096937867/these-are-the-first-steps-so-im-sitting-here
@BenRey

I'm assuming we aren't sure if they're talking about Rey and Kylo.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sat 12 Nov 2016, 9:09 pm

ZioRen wrote:
BenRey wrote:

@BenRey

I'm assuming we aren't sure if they're talking about Rey and Kylo.
@ZioRen

I hate simply assuming. I wanna know NOW D:
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 12 Nov 2016, 9:16 pm

I get the feeling they're talking about Rey and Kylo.  By process of elimination, who else would they be talking about - Finn and Poe?  That doesn't quite work in that scenario, and as much as I like Finn I would hardly call his journey iconic....
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sat 12 Nov 2016, 9:21 pm

IoJovi wrote:I get the feeling they're talking about Rey and Kylo.  By process of elimination, who else would they be talking about - Finn and Poe?  That doesn't quite work in that scenario, and as much as I like Finn I would hardly call his journey iconic....
@IoJovi

It's Finn and Rey. Y'know. Coz their sweet plain love needs all the iconography it deserves
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 12 Nov 2016, 9:24 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
IoJovi wrote:I get the feeling they're talking about Rey and Kylo.  By process of elimination, who else would they be talking about - Finn and Poe?  That doesn't quite work in that scenario, and as much as I like Finn I would hardly call his journey iconic....
@IoJovi

It's Finn and Rey. Y'know. Coz their sweet plain love needs all the iconography it deserves
@Rei of Sunshine

Add to the fact they're spending tons of time together in VIII while Rey is on Ach-To, and he's with the Resistance... Oh but wait...they can still communicate through the Force Bond... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next