Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

+60
MoonFyre
Macha Ren
nonesuch
Rimfaxe96
WillowMeena
Birdwoman
nemapasara
BenRey
bossbaby
MoonlitMoss
Acritiqua
salmund
Blood Moon
CienaRee
Xylo Ren
snufkin
Irina de France
Rei of Sunshine
BigDeal2187
motherofpearl1
Lily Snape
Helix
Convor
Mana
SheLitAFire
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
Kyla Ren
MindAndMagic
Geralt_Riv
Armadeus
Krafty
IoJovi
vaderito
Reynak
Kylo Rey
Kessel
ReyofLightSide
panki
guardienne
Hasi
SkyStar
Darth Dingbat
Rogue Rey
MeadowofAshes
SoloSideCousin
BastilaBey
Darth Dementor
reylo1992
Moonjump05
Reylo Lemon
kassadin
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
Saracene
Pyro Nebula
ISeeAnIsland
DarthRen
Piper Maru
64 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Piper Maru Sun 19 Feb 2017, 4:39 pm

jakkusun wrote:Does anyone else want to see Finn and Kylo to begrudgingly become friends/work together? XD of course I'd love to see Finn deck Kylo first, but, it would be cool if they became frenemies or something eventually maybe in episode IX or beyond that.
@jakkusun

I think Finn will hate him for what he did on Starkiller and whatever is going on between him and Rey, but at some point their antagonism will stop and they'll find common ground.

Besides, Finn's antagonists are going to be, in my opinion, Hux, Phasma and whoever runs the trooper program. Kylo has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Piper Maru on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by kassadin Sun 19 Feb 2017, 4:42 pm

jakkusun wrote:Does anyone else want to see Finn and Kylo to begrudgingly become friends/work together? XD of course I'd love to see Finn deck Kylo first, but, it would be cool if they became frenemies or something eventually maybe in episode IX or beyond that.
@jakkusun

Oh I would like to see that! Just imagine Kylo trying to win Finn's trust, Finn punching him in the face while saying "You scoundrel! and Kylo saying "Ok, I deserved that" lol! Then they work together and become bros. Also,Finn supporting Reylo would make his fans like Kylo more
kassadin
kassadin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Feb 2017, 5:19 pm

@jakkusun
Yep, this is what I would like, but they're likely to have some kind of confrontation first. This would be in IX though. Part of me still wonders if the next time Finn sees Rey, Kylo won't be accompanying her. But it would be great to see all three of them come to a common ground. I definitely expect it.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2017, 6:13 pm

kassadin wrote:
@jakkusun

Oh I would like to see that! Just imagine Kylo trying to win Finn's trust, Finn punching him in the face while saying "You scoundrel! and Kylo saying "Ok, I deserved that"  lol!  Then they work together and become bros. Also,Finn supporting Reylo would make his fans like Kylo more
@kassadin

I would love it if we had a line from Finn to Rey with Kylo nearby. "Rey, when I asked you if you had a cute boyfriend, THIS is not what I had in mind!" And yes, I need to see Finn deck Kylo. Bad. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 19 Feb 2017, 6:22 pm

Random question for @FrolickingFizzgig. After reading something from the latest book

Spoiler:
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 19 Feb 2017, 6:35 pm

jakkusun wrote:Does anyone else want to see Finn and Kylo begrudgingly become friends/work together? XD of course I'd love to see Finn deck Kylo first, but, it would be cool if they became frenemies or something eventually maybe in episode IX or beyond that.
@jakkusun

My personal hunch is (and I could be wrong) that Kylo and Finn won't have much to do with each other at all, going forward. Kylo could be a huge source of friction between Rey and Finn, but I don't think that the movies will spend much time on Kylo and Finn's relationship, as such.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 7:07 pm

snufkin wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Comparing Rey to Padme is sort of disingenuous anyways. Rey is the protagonist and has already displayed dominance over Kylo Ren physically, mentally, and emotionally, which automatically changes the dynamic to the point where it's really hard to compare the two. If anyone would be "giving up" or "sacrificing" independence or anything else for Reylo, it would be Kylo. The romance would involve him giving up his current path and confronting his mistakes.
@ZioRen

Agreed. I find a lot of this argument to not even be about Rey, but simply a pretext to revisit the faults of the PT and complain about them. It's in the past and the ST is clearly taking pains to not make the same mistakes.
@snufkin

I mean, sometimes I feel like the only person on earth who doesn't hate the PT like sand with the passion of a thousand burning suns.  Like, yeah, it was kinda cringy and awkard... But what do you expect out of Anakin especially?  The guy left his mom to be trained by a whole bunch of ascetic monks- he ain't gonna have any game.

And Padme always seemed to me like she was in love with having Anakin so obsessively in love with her.  Which is an interesting character flaw at least, unlike "untouchable bad***" trope that female characters fall into.  I mean, Anakin was her big blind spot(just like Anakin was Obi-wan's, but somehow she gets 100x more flack about it).

I dunno, I do expect Reylo to be very different from Anidala for a number of reasons, but the PT's apparent poor reception is a non factor in my eyes.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 19 Feb 2017, 7:12 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@jakkusun
Yep, this is what I would like, but they're likely to have some kind of confrontation first. This would be in IX though. Part of me still wonders if the next time Finn sees Rey, Kylo won't be accompanying her. But it would be great to see all three of them come to a common ground. I definitely expect it.
@FrolickingFizzgig

TBH, I've always hoped that the "We'll see each other again, friend" line was foreshadowing that Rey would be with Kylo (and everything having completely shifted) by the time that Rey and Finn meet up again.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 19 Feb 2017, 7:17 pm

Moonjump05 wrote:
snufkin wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Comparing Rey to Padme is sort of disingenuous anyways. Rey is the protagonist and has already displayed dominance over Kylo Ren physically, mentally, and emotionally, which automatically changes the dynamic to the point where it's really hard to compare the two. If anyone would be "giving up" or "sacrificing" independence or anything else for Reylo, it would be Kylo. The romance would involve him giving up his current path and confronting his mistakes.
@ZioRen

Agreed. I find a lot of this argument to not even be about Rey, but simply a pretext to revisit the faults of the PT and complain about them. It's in the past and the ST is clearly taking pains to not make the same mistakes.
@snufkin

I mean, sometimes I feel like the only person on earth who doesn't hate the PT like sand with the passion of a thousand burning suns.  Like, yeah, it was kinda cringy and awkard... But what do you expect out of Anakin especially?  The guy left his mom to be trained by a whole bunch of ascetic monks- he ain't gonna have any game.

And Padme always seemed to me like she was in love with having Anakin so obsessively in love with her.  Which is an interesting character flaw at least, unlike "untouchable bad***" trope that female characters fall into.  I mean, Anakin was her big blind spot(just like Anakin was Obi-wan's, but somehow she gets 100x more flack about it).

I dunno, I do expect Reylo to be very different from Anidala for a number of reasons, but the PT's apparent poor reception is a non factor in my eyes.

@Moonjump05

I only saw the first movie b/c a school friend got hired to work on the CGI, felt that it was meant for children, and didn't pay attention when the next two came out. Only after seeing TFA almost a year ago now did I feel motivated to watch the rest of the movies. It wasn't great, but how some fans on see hating on it as a point of pride is ridiculous. Parks and Recreation has a running joke about those type of Star Wars fans, where it's always meant to show "this is somebody who is being silly or behaving like an idiot."

Agreed that most this boils down to the female character. Gee I wonder why the complaints always center around Padme and not Obi-Wan? What could possibly be the difference between those two characters???  Not to mention the complaints about wanting the female character to conform to the "strong female character" stereotype. Which seems to be one of the comments frequently made by the same people about what type of character (or feminist) Rey should be.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 7:28 pm

jakkusun wrote:Does anyone else want to see Finn and Kylo begrudgingly become friends/work together? XD of course I'd love to see Finn deck Kylo first, but, it would be cool if they became frenemies or something eventually maybe in episode IX or beyond that.
@jakkusun

Yes, I badly want to see them working together in Episode 9 a la Phoebus & Quasimodo. But for that, I think it would require that:
1. Kylo turns to the Light Side at the end of Episode 8 or shows up at the Resistance base at the beginning of Episode 9
2. Rey turns to the Dark Side at the end of Episode 8 (they could also have her captive but honestly I don't have the feeling the screenwriters would make her captive once again) because I don't imagine them working in trio. Finn & Kylo would need to be forced to work together without any third party that they both know

I like this idea because it would make a nice turn-over in the teams in regard to the dynamic of this trio:
- TFA: Finn/ Rey  ==> Kylo apart
- TLJ: Rey/Kylo   ==> Finn apart
- Ep.9: Kylo/Finn ==> Rey apart
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 19 Feb 2017, 7:47 pm

Wait, what? I have no desire to see Finn punch Kylo. How would that even fit in? I can't think of a more random, out of place scene. This isn't fight club. People don't usually "punch" in Star Wars. This sudden "need" to see Finn deck Kylo is strange to me.

I think like @Saracene said, Finn is going to be established in his own plot and minimally involved with Kylo and Rey until IX and then their confrontation will be VERBAL not a boxing match.

Goodness.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 19 Feb 2017, 7:50 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:Wait, what? I have no desire to see Finn punch Kylo. How would that even fit in? I can't think of a more random, out of place scene. This isn't fight club. People don't usually "punch" in Star Wars. This sudden "need" to see Finn deck Kylo is strange to me.

I think like @Saracene said, Finn is going to be established in his own plot and minimally involved with Kylo and Rey until IX and then their confrontation will be VERBAL not a boxing match.

Goodness.
@Xylo Ren

I can't see Finn being in a position where he'd be able to punch Kylo in the face. I doubt they'll fight again even if Kylo stays a villain, and no way Kylo would let Finn lay a hand on him to that degree. Rey or someone else would have to beat him first. If he storms up and pops Kylo straight in the face during a scene where Kylo is purposefully not attacking and Kylo does nothing about it because Rey or whatever, that wouldn't be satisfying at all to me. I'm sure audiences would love it, though.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 7:55 pm

@ZioRen

Well, I agree that Rey isn't Padme but honestly I don't think she dominates Kylo so much in TFA or at least that she ever will. I completely expect her to become a mess in Episode 8 and have Kylo showing off some leadership. Of course, he needs to give up his current path but honestly I don't expect him to crawl in front of a dominating Rey all along. I think it really depends first on how he will reacts to the way she disfigured him and "possibly" (providing that some analysis are right there) sort of "betrayed" him personally after the Force moment. That can sound crazy to think like that in regard to his crimes but I guess that from his POV he might consider that she personally betryed him, which could lead him behave f****ing cold & distant toward her after that.

Plus, TLJ is supposed to settle the second part of the romance and generally the scheme applied is always the same. In the first act, a man gets infatuated with a lady, chases/courts her intensely, loses all confrontation against her and gets ultimately kickassed/rejected. In the second act, the lady - who had some prejudice toward the man - realizes that she doesn't despise him that much, then discovers some truth that provoke a change of feelings toward and then tries to conquer him because she notices that he has meanwhile become much distant toward her. So there is a power struggle where first the woman has the upper hand, then the man gets the upper hand and balance finally comes at the end with mutual recognition of feeling from both sides. Pride & Prejudice completely fits perfectly the scheme "Suis-moi, je te fuis! Fuis moi, je te suis!".

So I guess tha the screenwriter could follow that scheme: Kylo was the one chasing emotionally Rey in TFA but she shall be the one chasing him emotionally in TLJ. I think that if they reveal something about him that gives a satisfying explanation for his fall to the dark side and all what happened, the screenwriters might focus more on Rey's struggles than on Kylo's apologies for his actions.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 19 Feb 2017, 7:58 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:Wait, what? I have no desire to see Finn punch Kylo. How would that even fit in? I can't think of a more random, out of place scene. This isn't fight club. People don't usually "punch" in Star Wars. This sudden "need" to see Finn deck Kylo is strange to me.

Goodness.
@Xylo Ren

I can't see Finn being in a position where he'd be able to punch Kylo in the face. I doubt they'll fight again even if Kylo stays a villain, and no way Kylo would let Finn lay a hand on him to that degree. Rey or someone else would have to beat him first. If he storms up and pops Kylo straight in the face during a scene where Kylo is purposefully not attacking and Kylo does nothing about it because Rey or whatever, that wouldn't be satisfying at all to me. I'm sure audiences would love it, though.
@ZioRen

What a ridiculous thing to want, imo. What would that even accomplish, and what would that turn Finn into? A jughead that has to punch to feel macho? To get his revenge?

Finn and Kylo will exchange words and they will be heated. But if I see a school yard fight between them I just couldn't think of anything more random and less satisfying for every side. At least a lightsaber rematch would fit better into Star Wars...
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:00 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

Goodness.
@Xylo Ren

@ZioRen

What a ridiculous thing to want, imo. What would that even accomplish, and what would that turn Finn into? A jughead that has to punch to feel macho? To get his revenge?

Finn and Kylo will exchange words and they will be heated. But if I see a school yard fight between them I just couldn't think of anything more random and less satisfying for every side. At least a lightsaber rematch would fit better into Star Wars...
@Xylo Ren

I think, in this scenario, it would be played as humorous more than anything. A "satisfying" bit of revenge for Kylo decking Finn in the face during their fight and for everything else, and because Kylo deserves a good pop in the face at the very least. I just can't imagine a scene like that ever being serious, and doing it as a joke is...eh, okay? I just find the idea unnecessary. No need to trivialize Finn and Kylo's relationship that way.

And no way Finn and Kylo should have a saber rematch. Kylo should be able to thrash him six ways from Sunday if he isn't weakened. Heck, he toyed with Finn and took him out in two hits when he was a complete mess.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:05 pm

Goodness.
@Xylo Ren

If Kylo deserts the First Order, he and Finn could bond on the fact that they're both traitors. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:08 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

Goodness.
@Xylo Ren

@ZioRen

@Xylo Ren

I think, in this scenario, it would be played as humorous more than anything. A "satisfying" bit of revenge for Kylo decking Finn in the face during their fight and for everything else, and because Kylo deserves a good pop in the face at the very least. I just can't imagine a scene like that ever being serious, and doing it as a joke is...eh, okay? I just find the idea unnecessary. No need to trivialize Finn and Kylo's relationship that way.
@ZioRen

I'd rather see them yell at each other. That way we get to the center of their conflict and hear their feelings and thoughts. I see a heated conversation with yelling (maybe, if Finn and Kylo ever spend that much time together) but Finn going for Kylo's throat or something is just not going to fit. They won't be buddies and pals by any means but that needs to be resolved by discussion and proven change on Kylo's part. He should earn Finn's trust by his actions, not from being bested by him in a punch out.

Now Finn and Phasma? Or Kylo and Hux? I can see those getting physical. That at least makes sense.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:15 pm

Goodness.
@Xylo Ren
Any scene is out-of-context until it's placed into a context. I guess I just don't expect everybody to forgive or accept Kylo as readily as Rey might (as she will likely know and understand more about him than the other characters). Furthermore I think it's way too early to say that Finn, Rey and Kylo will have nothing to do with each other throughout all of IX. That largely depends on how you see the story playing out. I can't see how the A and B plots won't converge at some point, personally. I know a lot of people here see it as a Lord of the Rings scenario, but it really is much too early to say if that will be the case in IX. We don't know what happens yet in TLJ.

I also feel as though this post is kind of viscerally/randomly targeting me, so I'll say that I wasn't imagining Finn walking up out of nowhere and beating on Kylo like a scene in Fight Club (that's what you read, interpreted and added in). I was thinking of a somewhat dramatic (or even slightly comedic moment) where he sees Rey with Kylo and has an overwhelmed reaction.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:25 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

Goodness.
@Xylo Ren
Any scene is out-of-context until it's placed into a context. I guess I just don't expect everybody to forgive or accept Kylo as readily as Rey might (as she will likely know and understand more about him than the other characters). Furthermore I think it's way too early to say that Finn, Rey and Kylo will have nothing to do with each other throughout all of IX. That largely depends on how you see the story playing out. I can't see how the A and B plots won't converge at some point, personally. I know a lot of people here see it as a Lord of the Rings scenario, but it really is much too early to say if that will be the case in IX. We don't know what happens yet in TLJ.

I also feel as though this post is kind of viscerally/randomly targeting me, so I'll say that I wasn't imagining Finn walking up out of nowhere and beating on Kylo like a scene in Fight Club (that's what you read, interpreted and added in). I was thinking of a somewhat dramatic (or even slightly comedic moment) where he sees Rey with Kylo and has an overwhelmed reaction.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I wasn't targeting anyone, at least that wasn't my intent. It was just weird to log in here and see that from several people. I put the fight club thing in there because I tend to exaggerate by nature  rabbit

I guess if some see it in a humorous light that'd be more believable. We'll just have to see where the story takes it all! The wait is getting rough!
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm

@Xylo Ren
I'm sorry, I really should have went into more detail when I said I might want to see Finn "deck" Kylo. I really, REALLY don't want to see them resort to fisticuffs over nothing or "out of nowhere". A little pop, like @ZioRen said, nothing actually damaging or violent (and more for comedic effect than anything). I know many of us are intensely overprotective of Kylo (myself included, at times!) but he's still going to have to interact with other characters as he is a character himself, and I guess I was just thinking what could happen when Finn and Kylo reunite. Chances are he isn't going to have experienced the depth of understanding of Kylo Rey has, and how that could play into their interactions intrigues me. I'm thinking comedy-of-errors here, not Kylo getting beat on. Hope you understand now. Razz

And no worries. Yes, the wait is getting pretty rough. So much longer too. Sad
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:38 pm

Rogue Rey wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Anyone here thinks they won't kiss until IX?
@motherofpearl1

I'm in the I-think-they-kiss-in-VIII camp, but I'm expecting it to be some spur of the moment thing (probably after some big adrenaline rush), and that it will surprise/confuse both of them. i.e. It's going to create more questions than it does answers.

I think it will be in VIII largely for pacing--VIII is probably going to be the big character development movie, whereas IX is going to be a lot of action with defeating Snoke, and tying various plot threads together, etc. I don't see how they can fit the entire romantic arc into one movie with a ton of other stuff going on without it feeling rushed/crammed in.

That said, it wouldn't shock me if they held off on a kiss until IX. I just think it's more likely to come towards the end of VIII.
@ISeeAnIsland

I'm with you on this.

Traditionally there are three kisses in the 2nd film - of course Rian and co could be going for the non-traditional, there's always that possibility.

But other than that kiss that should never of happened between Luke and Leia they've always been between the main couple of the trilogy - Anakin + Padme and Leia and Han (who only had 2, because of the icky Luke smooch!)

I like the idea of there being a spur of the moment kiss between Rey and Kylo in VIII due to an adrenaline rush or a life saving moment - where Rey kisses him, rather than him kissing her.  That would certainly lead to a fair few questions for Rey about her feelings and moving forward etc.

So unless Poe and Finn are finally going to kiss Wink or Finn is that enamoured with KMT's character that he just goes for it, I think a Rey/Kylo kiss could/will happen - depending on Rian of course.
@Rogue Rey

Rey grabbing and kissing Ben would fit more in the narrative of her character growth. She's been isolated and lonely her entire life and only reluctantly taking offers of friendship/companionship. Her initiating intimacy with Kylo would show that she has fully left the little girl on Jakku behind and is now a new woman in her own right.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:38 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Xylo Ren
I'm sorry, I really should have went into more detail when I said I might want to see Finn "deck" Kylo. I really, REALLY don't want to see them resort to fisticuffs over nothing or "out of nowhere". A little pop, like @ZioRen said, nothing actually damaging or violent (and more for comedic effect than anything). I know many of us are intensely overprotective of Kylo (myself included, at times!) but he's still going to have to interact with other characters as he is a character himself, and I guess I was just thinking what could happen when Finn and Kylo reunite. Chances are he isn't going to have experienced the depth of understanding of Kylo Rey has, and how that could play into their interactions intrigues me. I'm thinking comedy-of-errors here, not Kylo getting beat on. Hope you understand now. Razz

And no worries. Yes, the wait is getting pretty rough. So much longer too. Sad
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah! When I wrote that statement I couldn't even remember who said what and it's not like me to start waves Angelic  Now that you mention humor, it makes more sense to me why people said that.

Finn is a comical character (my mother LOVES him, he's her favorite character because of his comedic timing!) but he also has some depth and a good sense of morality. Kylo could learn a lot from him for sure, and I think part of why he vexes him so is because Finn was daring enough to run away when he felt morally conflicted.

It must be a conflict Kylo felt many times, but chose to stay rather than leave.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:41 pm

@frolickingfizzgig I was talking about that idea with a friend earlier too, that Finn won't have seen the humanizing aspects of Kylo that Rey has, because she's the one who has the force connection with him and spends time with him on Ahch-to. It's then a way to illustrate how much Rey's opinion of him has changed, while creating some tension between her and Finn. He could ask Rey what on earth she's doing with that 'monster' and try to lunge at him or pull a blaster, maybe Rey puts herself in front of Kylo - that sort of thing. But who knows, it's all speculation for now - got to see how TLJ goes first!
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:48 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@frolickingfizzgig I was talking about that idea with a friend earlier too, that Finn won't have seen the humanizing aspects of Kylo that Rey has, because she's the one who has the force connection with him and spends time with him on Ahch-to. It's then a way to illustrate how much Rey's opinion of him has changed, while creating some tension between her and Finn. He could ask Rey what on earth she's doing with that 'monster' and try to lunge at him or pull a blaster, maybe Rey puts herself in front of Kylo - that sort of thing. But who knows, it's all speculation for now - got to see how TLJ goes first!
@BastilaBey

I can definitely see the blaster scenerio. Finn and Kylo in a quick draw but Rey steps in like "Boys, put the testosterone away please."
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:52 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:@frolickingfizzgig I was talking about that idea with a friend earlier too, that Finn won't have seen the humanizing aspects of Kylo that Rey has, because she's the one who has the force connection with him and spends time with him on Ahch-to. It's then a way to illustrate how much Rey's opinion of him has changed, while creating some tension between her and Finn. He could ask Rey what on earth she's doing with that 'monster' and try to lunge at him or pull a blaster, maybe Rey puts herself in front of Kylo - that sort of thing. But who knows, it's all speculation for now - got to see how TLJ goes first!
@BastilaBey

I can definitely see the blaster scenerio. Finn and Kylo in a quick draw but Rey steps in like "Boys, put the testosterone away please."
@Xylo Ren
Bastilla explained it a lot better than me, but that's exactly what I was thinking. I wonder frequently how different characters will react to Rey being in any kind of proximity with Kylo. Finn's reaction especially has remained at forefront of my mind because I feel it's so likely that he will have to have a big one, unless the three of them spend no time together at all/Rey never reunites with Finn. I have trouble not picturing a scene like that in IX, honestly.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next