Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1

+49
Armadeus
Sforza
Marchtwin
Moonjump05
pacificwanderer
ChewbaccaFlockaFlame
rey09
Camaro
Kyla Ren
Little_Boots
Reynak
Darth_Awakened
Force22
Sylvia Snow
Kessel
MyOnlyHope
MeadowofAshes
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
Darth Dementor
CienaRee
SanghaRen
salmund
Saracene
Search Your Feelings
Stefynoseu
Airemyn
Luke Browalker
Blackcanary
Rei of Sunshine
guardienne
SoloSideCousin
Queen Rey
Mana
RKR Connection
creepi0
MoonFyre
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Rogue Rey
BastilaBey
Reylo Lemon
AnneNeville
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
Darth Rowan
Gemini
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
vaderito
53 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 Empty ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1

Post by vaderito Sat 26 Mar 2016, 1:34 pm

Sorry for clunky title. This is why we are here - Rey and Kylo bond, potential romance, incredible dynamics.

Yes, you are allowed to discuss his redemption here too. And anything you think is related to their relationship.

Last edited by vaderito on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 26 Mar 2016, 1:37 pm

vaderito wrote:Sorry for clunky title. This is why we are here - Rey and Kylo bond, potential romance, incredible dynamics.

Yes, you are allowed to discuss his redemption here too. And anything you think is related to their relationship.
[removed]
I'm using this place from now on.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 26 Mar 2016, 1:44 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
vaderito wrote:Sorry for clunky title. This is why we are here - Rey and Kylo bond, potential romance, incredible dynamics.

[removed]

Yep. They really, really do.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 26 Mar 2016, 1:47 pm

[quote="FrolickingFizzgig"]
[removed]

All we want to do is exchange ideas with people. Ah well, we can't do anything about it so let's enjoy this lovely new forum!

All of the literary and cinematic influences people have cited to assert why Reylo could be canon are so inspiring. Who doesn't love beauty and the beast, phantom of the opera, jane eyre, pride and prejudice, hades and persephone? These are literally 'tales as old as time' as B&B's Mrs Potts says! They are so deeply ingrained in human storytelling that I'm honestly baffled by people who proclaim not to see anything[/i] between Rey and Kylo Ren.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 26 Mar 2016, 1:52 pm

And, of course, Shan and Revan, who are definitely inspiration both visually and with a likehood of the Force Bond. I even suspect that Rey's got a bit of Shan's Battle Meditation (which tends to power up the meditator and his/her troops while weakening the opponent and his/her troops).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 26 Mar 2016, 1:54 pm

Yes, it's interesting because before the film came out there was lots of speculation about Kylo Ren being an alternate version of Revan. That idea seems to have died down now, but I still think it holds true. I hope the GA can warm to the idea that it's perfectly possible for a force user to explore the dark side and the light side throughout a lifetime.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 26 Mar 2016, 1:55 pm

Hi guys...Im still not leaving THAT place but i will be posting here

Outsiders will see what is happening on that thread, when you look over it you can see we did not start that
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:06 pm

Outsiders are lurking like crazy. almost 20,000 views in just 2 days vs Finnrey Bond's 20,000 in 12 days. i wish old thread gets to 1M views despite being closed. It's at 922,000 and change.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:09 pm

That is why its very important that we stick to our guns..just have to ignore a troll the second they come in
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:10 pm

vaderito wrote:And, of course, Shan and Revan, who are definitely inspiration both visually and with a likehood of the Force Bond. I even suspect that Rey's got a bit of Shan's Battle Meditation (which tends to power up the meditator and his/her troops while weakening the opponent and his/her troops).

Yup, I really love that they obviously drew inspiration from Bastila/Darth Revan for Kylo and Rey. Just like Reylo could be Anidala done right, I think that Reylo can be a revision of Revan/Bastila, which had a terrible, sad ending that I would not wish even on FinnRey. I hope that Reylo is influenced by the vibe of the couple's dynamics, but it obviously cannot follow step for step.

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:18 pm

Gem

[removed link]

Alos, cna someone move this thread to VIII please, I got used to having this thread in VIII.

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed link)
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:19 pm

@Vaderito: I moved the thread to VIII.

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:24 pm

Nice, that was super quick!

Oh good idea! We don't want a secret anti to wander there.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:25 pm

It would take me a bit of searching for the actual link, but Pablo Hidalgo tweeted to an ask the other day that while KOTOR was no longer canon, they would be pulling elements from it.

I squeeled at that.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:30 pm

They are obviously using elements with Rey and Kylo.

BTW, could anyone tweet Pablo about who warned Leia about the target? Just wrap the question not to sound like a spoiler.

Any brave souls asking about Virgin!Kylo? Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:32 pm

Lol I think that @AnnLouise tweeted the Virgin!Kylo question to Pablo, but it seems she never got a reply?

And yes, I agree someone with Twitter should ask Pablo about Leia's warning.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:34 pm

cause Virgin!Kylo a big spoiler. or maybe Pablo will get to that one eventually. I bet he gets tweeted 24-7.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:40 pm

Did you guys hear about the Kylo Ren watches that were sold as Darth Revan merchandise? Very Happy
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:43 pm

LOL, I did a bit about it don't know the whole story. BTW, which Darth are you on JCF, Imbecillis or Dementor?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:47 pm

vaderito wrote:LOL, I did a bit about it don't know the whole story. BTW, which Darth are you on JCF, Imbecillis or Dementor?

Imbecillis! Razz

I think most of them got changed to Kylo Ren by now, but mentions of Darth Revan still remain in some URLs and descriptions:

www (.) kohls (.) com /product/prd-2282124/star-wars-darth-revan-mens-watch.jsp

(Sorry, I'm not allowed to post links for some reason.)
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:53 pm

LOL, Ren = Revan and Rey = Shan. Was obvious before but now it's confirmed. We only need confirmation of the Force Bond.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:54 pm

With hopefully a happier ending! The Revan book broke my heart…sorry if that's a spoiler for people.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 26 Mar 2016, 3:02 pm

But KOTOR was never family friendly so no worries. As Fizz repeated 1000000000000000 times, SW is a fairytale.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 26 Mar 2016, 3:03 pm

Yes, it really was, BastilaBey...

The most interesting thing about Rey and Ren as Bastila and Revan, though, is that a retelling of Bastila and Revan won't work unless the Revan part of the equation really does start out as a dangerous and notorious guy. Revan did horrible things when he was on the Dark Side. It won't work unless Bastila/Rey has damn serious reasons not to trust him. And it won't be as powerful unless the reversal is dramatic enough - he needs to have been really Dark, or else his return to the Light isn't meaningful at all.

Which is why the Reylo dynamic is so exciting to me. As a stepping stone to a Bastila/Revan type of romance, it really works.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 26 Mar 2016, 3:04 pm

I agree, something that the actors and Lucas have repeated over the years. It seems like there are a lot of fanboys who want to see it just as science fiction/war film, but the characters are archetypes, they represent something to each other and to the audience. People from the dark and light coming together in love, overlooking their differences through compassion would be really beautiful to see in a SW film.

@darth yes, exactly! That's why the idea that because Kylo Ren has done such terrible things means he can't be redeemed or loved is so ridiculous. There has to be character growth for the trilogy to be worth watching!
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next