Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

+60
MoonFyre
Macha Ren
nonesuch
Rimfaxe96
WillowMeena
Birdwoman
nemapasara
BenRey
bossbaby
MoonlitMoss
Acritiqua
salmund
Blood Moon
CienaRee
Xylo Ren
snufkin
Irina de France
Rei of Sunshine
BigDeal2187
motherofpearl1
Lily Snape
Helix
Convor
Mana
SheLitAFire
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
Kyla Ren
MindAndMagic
Geralt_Riv
Armadeus
Krafty
IoJovi
vaderito
Reynak
Kylo Rey
Kessel
ReyofLightSide
panki
guardienne
Hasi
SkyStar
Darth Dingbat
Rogue Rey
MeadowofAshes
SoloSideCousin
BastilaBey
Darth Dementor
reylo1992
Moonjump05
Reylo Lemon
kassadin
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
Saracene
Pyro Nebula
ISeeAnIsland
DarthRen
Piper Maru
64 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Acritiqua Mon 03 Apr 2017, 1:30 am

Kyla Ren wrote:And yes, in both the junior and adult novelizations Kylo refers to Rey as an “enemy of the Order” when talking to Snoke, but I think he only did that to try to hide the fact that he felt compassion and who knows what else for her.  I mean, he couldn’t really admit to Snoke that he found her attractive or that he was trying to go easy on her.  Or maybe at that point he was still trying to convince himself that he didn’t feel compassion or anything else for her.  I think Kylo might be in denial about a lot of things.
I vote for denial. Any time he feels compassion I'm sure he immediately tries to deny it or rationalize it as something else. Lol. As for referring to her as an enemy of the order I think the First Order is so crazy that she simply is that. She was found on Takodana with the rest of the enemies of the Order (yes, they were all enemies as soon as BB-8 rolled into the castle), and later they are in collusion with the Resistance (yes, all of them, because the Resistance showed up). Probably Maz is a suspected enemy anyway (Kylo might know about her and her association with Han). I think Kylo wasn't really thinking about what he was saying, other than trying to get out of this accusation of feeling compassion. Though he was IMO trying to pass Rey off as the most insignificant person ever at first so Snoke wouldn't take an interest in her, but unfortunately Snoke saw through it. It's probably all too easy for him to see through Kylo.

Some people think that he didn’t want to kill Rey in the snow fight because Snoke had ordered him to bring her to him.  And while that is entirely possible, I kind of think, especially with his offer to teach her, that he just wanted to run off with her somewhere and forget everything else, or to train her so that they could take down Snoke together.  I could be wrong, but when he had her at the edge of the cliff and made his “show you the ways of the Force” offer, at that point, no matter what his intentions were before, I really don’t think he planned to take her to Snoke.
I found his offer interesting in that it wasn't at all clear to me what he intended. He could very well have been proposing trying to train her behind Snoke's back. The problem is I don't think it's that easy to escape Snoke. Maybe Kylo just doesn't think these things through very well.

------

@Darth Dingbat

Does "violation" = "rape" in all cases? I don't think so. So I would say violation counts for the Snape/Harry scenes, but rape doesn't. In terms of TFA since J.J. Abrams thought of the scene as having "rape" themes, I think it is valid thematically. It's in the subtext.

I mean, I know it's disturbing, but I see it there. And I'm sorry that people have thrown the term in other's faces to tell them Reylo is "wrong" or whatever. If there's a rule that we can't talk about these implications, I won't mention them. I just don't see a point in not acknowledging them when I think they're there and that even the people making the film thought of it. confused

Also, theme/parallel/implication/subtext doesn't = actual rape obviously. Nor does it mean Kylo is a "rapist." (it's metaphorical)

Last edited by Acritiqua on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 1:47 am; edited 5 times in total
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 1:36 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:"Violation" is a bit of a loaded word in this context.

Sure, opening somebody's mail or reading their diary or their iPhone is a violation of privacy. But one of the meanings - and if I remember correctly, the original meaning - of "violation" is "rape", and since December 2015 the anti crowd has been screaming about mind-reading being directly comparable to rape. So you can probably understand why the word doesn't sit right with a lot of us.

And I have to say, if mind-reading is to be directly comparable to rape in the context of SW, then it's got to be the same in any other fictional context. Suddenly a whole chunk of Harry Potter gets a lot more disturbing. And Harry's decision to name his son after his rapist-abuser gets a whole new level of disturbing.
@Darth Dingbat

Well said. I for one am sick and tired of that scene being read as a sexual violation; it's purely because of Kylo saying: "You know I can take whatever I want" - he was of course referring to the information he wanted but too many have read this the wrong way!

I always feel uneasy about fanfic where he's a borderline rapist - not only do I find it disturbing but Kylo strikes me as anything but. I doubt very much if Leia Organa's son would not be raised to respect women!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 03 Apr 2017, 1:39 am

Guys, I don't want to add any more fuel.

JUST A REMINDER: IT'S STAR WARS!

STAR WARS - WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT DOESN'T WORK THE SAME WAY AND ON THE SAME LEVEL AS REAL LIFE.

ALMOST CARTOON. (I adored super violent Tom & Jerry as kid - and still I don't walk around and kill people).

Applying RL moral and standpoints to it - is useless.

KEEP IT COOL

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 20 Tom-and-Jerry-2
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 03 Apr 2017, 1:41 am

Acritiqua wrote:I'm more likely to think the romance would be one-sided. As in Kylo has feelings for Rey, which will prove probably to be romantic (if they're not related *hopeful*), but so far... I don't see two-sided romance. It could change. But I'm a skeptic.
@Acritiqua

Just out of curiosity, how do you see the ST and Rey and Kylo’s storylines going if Reylo remains one-sided?  I mean, as far as we know, at the moment Kylo is the last Skywalker.  Do you think he’ll survive the trilogy?  Or that he’ll have children with someone other than Rey to carry on the Skywalker line?  Or do you think that there is another Skywalker child that already exists somewhere in the galaxy?  Do you think Rey will have a romance with anyone?

I’m just curious, because one reason I think that a two-sided Reylo romance will happen is because, as I said above, at the moment Kylo seems to be the last Skywalker, and if he is, then the stakes are very high.  He has to survive at least long enough to continue the Skywalker line.  And since TPTB has said that the saga movies are about the Skywalkers, that really seems to indicate that Kylo has to father a child with someone.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 03 Apr 2017, 1:42 am

The way I see it, there's not much story or drama if Rey *doesn't* hate Kylo at the start of their dynamic, and in order for her to hate him he has to do hateful things. Especially when he's a character positioned on the bad side - it would have been incredibly lame for him to be a villain in the name only who doesn't actually do anything bad. So personally I don't see much point in defending Kylo's actions when their badness is in fact integral to the story. Of course filmmakers have to stay within certain boundaries, like, they couldn't have possibly had Kylo turn Rey over for beatings like Poe was, and even when his actions could have hurt Rey he can't actually succeed at hurting her. And there's no way in hell they would have intended r-word comparisons. My own feeling was, a guy who wears five layers of clothing and hero-worships a half-machine is not the prime candidate for sexual innuendos.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 1:42 am

Acritiqua wrote:I definitely think that his awe of Rey and his feelings for her can be a guide out of the darkness.
@Acritiqua

Unrequited love is actually very painful so I don't see how it would lead him to the light. Being romantically rejected on top of feeling abandoned by his family would just drive him further into the dark side IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 03 Apr 2017, 1:49 am

Acritiqua wrote:
@Darth Dingbat Does "violation" = "rape" in all cases? I don't think so. So I would say violation counts for the Snape/Harry scenes, but rape doesn't. In terms of TFA since J.J. Abrams thought of the scene as having "rape" themes, I think it is valid thematically. It's in the subtext.

I mean, I know it's disturbing, but I see it there. And I'm sorry that people have thrown the term in other's faces to tell them Reylo is "wrong" or whatever. If there's a rule that we can't talk about these implications, I won't mention them. I just don't see a point in not acknowledging them when I think they're there and that even the people making the film thought of it. confused

Also, theme/parallel/implication/subtext doesn't = actual rape obviously. Nor does it mean Kylo is a "rapist."
@Acritiqua

No, I didn't say "in all cases". I said one of the meanings, and its original (Mediaeval) meaning.

There is absolutely no proof that JJ said anything about comparing the interrogation to rape. We have one random person's Facebook comment for that.

If JJ really meant the interrogation to have "rape themes" or "rape subtext", TFA would leave a very bad taste in my mouth in many ways. Reasons including (a) trivialising rape, (b) woman empowered by rape (because that's what happens, isn't it - her powers are unlocked), (c) Lord there are just so many reasons and I'm tired of going through them again.

Let's just agree to disagree, shall we. This place was started as a safe haven for Reylos, not a place where we have to defend ourselves all over again.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Mon 03 Apr 2017, 1:53 am

I really am sorry that people feel they have to defend themselves. And your point about no proof I can accept, in that I thought I remembered seeing this as not just being one person's word on FB, but if it is that does lend it less credence.

I still think violation is a perfect word though.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:13 am

Acritiqua wrote:I really am sorry that people feel they have to defend themselves. And your point about no proof I can accept, in that I thought I remembered seeing this as not just being one person's word on FB, but if it is that does lend it less credence.

@Acritiqua

Why don't you defend Poe? He was violated, too. Are you here because you like it or you are just a troll? Because a force connection cannot be compared to an assault and I'm so F****NG TIRED OF THIS BULLSITH
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:19 am

Acritiqua wrote:I still think violation is a perfect word though.
@Acritiqua

You seem to be getting a kick out of repeating how good of a word 'violation' is to people who have already expressed that they're not comfortable with it. I feel quite sorry for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:25 am

Acritiqua wrote:I really am sorry that people feel they have to defend themselves. And your point about no proof I can accept, in that I thought I remembered seeing this as not just being one person's word on FB, but if it is that does lend it less credence.

@Acritiqua

It would be a good word if it didn't have connotations that make a lot of Reylos uncomfortable.

People on this forum disagree about many things amongst themselves - like the level Kylo's villainy/agency, happy/tragic ending, reciprocated Reylo, or whether there's going to be any overt romance at all - but I suppose there are some things that most* members would rather not debate again after unpleasant experiences elsewhere. The "abuse" and "mind rape" arguments among them.

*) making an assumption here, don't mean to speak for everyone
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:31 am

I can't say I agree on every word PH says, but must admit I'am quite fond of some of his methods.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 20 Maxresdefault
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:32 am

I think I severely underestimated how badly people would react to this. The mere mention of the word is divisive. And I'm a bit afraid to talk about how I see this with Poe and Rey at this point, but if you must know I see the scene with Poe as a brutal violation in which Kylo Ren deliberately uses pain and bludgeons his way into Poe's mind. It's a clear torture scene.

I honestly do not understand people's highly charged reactions or why seeing this theme is anti-Reylo. But I should have been more careful about the topic of rape in general. I will from this point consider the word "rape" as off limits.

I will say again though since apparently it wasn't clear. The reason I don't see two-sided Reylo right now is NOT because I have moral judgments regarding the interrogation scene and its underlying themes. It's because Rey's feelings towards Kylo at the end of the movie are antagonistic. She hates him and thinks he's a monster--that's in the movie. So from her point of view I can't really see her having feelings for him at this point. And as much as I am sure she will come to forgive him I can't currently imagine how it will happen. Which once again is not to say she won't have feelings for him later.

Re: violation. I'm upset that I can't use a word which I feel best describes an action because of emotional backlash. Basically you are telling me I cannot express my point of view or say how I perceive something because you can't think objectively about that word. And then I am accused of being a troll? I didn't state the word again to upset people but because it's how I see it. Can I call it penetration? invasion? What word can I use?
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:45 am

Acritiqua wrote:I think I severely underestimated how badly people would react to this. The mere mention of the word is divisive. And I'm a bit afraid to talk about how I see this with Poe and Rey at this point, but if you must know I see the scene with Poe as a brutal violation in which Kylo Ren deliberately uses pain and bludgeons his way into Poe's mind. It's a clear torture scene.

I honestly do not understand people's highly charged reactions or why seeing this theme is anti-Reylo. But I should have been more careful about the topic of rape in general. I will from this point consider the word "rape" as off limits.

I will say again though since apparently it wasn't clear. The reason I don't see two-sided Reylo right now is NOT because I have moral judgments regarding the interrogation scene and its underlying themes. It's because Rey's feelings towards Kylo at the end of the movie are antagonistic. She hates him and thinks he's a monster--that's in the movie. So from her point of view I can't really see her having feelings for him at this point. And as much as I am sure she will come to forgive him I can't currently imagine how it will happen. Which once again is not to say she won't have feelings for him later.
@Acritiqua

I keep thinking of the 'Beauty and the Beast' similarities; not just the Disney movies but the original fairytale. At the beginning Belle saw the Beast as a 'monster' because he threatened her father, and forced her to be his prisoner. Kylo took her prisoner and killed her father figure.

Later, Belle pitied the Beast and eventually learned to love him. I suspect that in TLJ Rey finds something out that causes her to feel compassion for Kylo. Love...if it comes....will be the next step.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:50 am

Piper Maru wrote:In real world terms: yes, the mind probe was a violation. HOWEVER, we need to be careful to use such words in the context of Star Wars. In Star Wars, mind control/mind reading is a common thing and often played for laughs, meaning that the real world consequences of such acts are not important to the plot.

Obi-Wan was famous for his mind control techniques and if you want to be fair, you need to apply the 'violation' discourse to him as well. Kylo Ren read Rey's mind and she didn't like it, but it stopped there. He was a FO officer with a mission, she had the map, end of story. Yes, it was definitely not nice (to say the least) and Kylo is not prince charming, but there's no repercussions other than Rey hating him for being her antagonist.
@Piper Maru

This post perfectly describes my stand-point on the whole discussion.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:53 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:I can't say I agree on every word PH says, but must admit I'am quite fond of some of his methods.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 20 Maxresdefault
@Darth_Awakened

Gorgeous!!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:54 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Acritiqua wrote:I think I severely underestimated how badly people would react to this. The mere mention of the word is divisive. And I'm a bit afraid to talk about how I see this with Poe and Rey at this point, but if you must know I see the scene with Poe as a brutal violation in which Kylo Ren deliberately uses pain and bludgeons his way into Poe's mind. It's a clear torture scene.

@Acritiqua

I keep thinking of the 'Beauty and the Beast' similarities; not just the Disney movies but the original fairytale. At the beginning Belle saw the Beast as a 'monster' because he threatened her father, and forced her to be his prisoner. Kylo took her prisoner and killed her father figure.

Later, Belle pitied the Beast and eventually learned to love him. I suspect that in TLJ Rey finds something out that causes her to feel compassion for Kylo. Love...if it comes....will be the next step.
@motherofpearl1

I tend to agree.  I think that either Luke will tell her something or she'll somehow learn of something about Kylo through their Force bond (assuming that one exists, which I think it does), or she'll see something in another Forceback type of vision that will change the way she feels about him.  I mean, who knows.  Depending on what Leia might have told her about Kylo or what she was feeling during that deleted scene where Dr. Kalonia tells her that Finn is going to be fine, maybe she has already started to feel differently about him.  Or at least stopped hating him.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:58 am

Nowhere in any official material is the r word used to describe the interrogation scene. A third party facebook post doesn't count as a good source btw.
I think Rey and Kylo are set up as equals in every possible way and Rey is never painted as a victim, she is the victor in every scenario. It would have been SO easy for the writers to paint her as battered and bruised, as battered and bruised woman. But thats not what they were going for and even the villain treats her differently from everyone else so there must be a reason for the writers setting up that kind of dynamic or they could have just set up a typical antagonistic one.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:59 am

Two things stick in my mind:
The way Rey looked at Kylo just after the earth split between them. She actually looked horrified by her actions.

The way she looked back as she left. In the junior graphic novel she saw him being taken to safety. Why would this concern her?

I think she'll feel some kind of guilt when she sees his face. I wonder if that's one of the reasons for his scarring?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:04 am

Mana wrote:Nowhere in any official material is the r word used to describe the interrogation scene. A third party facebook post doesn't count as a good source btw.
I think Rey and Kylo are set up as equals in every possible way and Rey is never painted as a victim, she is the victor in every scenario. It would have been SO easy for the writers to paint her as battered and bruised, as battered and bruised woman. But thats not what they were going for and even the villain treats her differently from everyone else so there must be a reason for the writers setting up that kind of dynamic or they could have just set up a typical antagonistic one.
@Mana

I got trolled on youtube because I suggested if there was an abuse victim in TFA it was Kylo!

Vindicated by the Aftermath trilogy......
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:04 am

Acritiqua wrote:I will say again though since apparently it wasn't clear. The reason I don't see two-sided Reylo right now is NOT because I have moral judgments regarding the interrogation scene and its underlying themes. It's because Rey's feelings towards Kylo at the end of the movie are antagonistic. She hates him and thinks he's a monster--that's in the movie. So from her point of view I can't really see her having feelings for him at this point. And as much as I am sure she will come to forgive him I can't currently imagine how it will happen. Which once again is not to say she won't have feelings for him later.
@Acritiqua

I don’t think you’re the only one who thinks Reylo might be one-sided.  I really want to see them together by the end of the trilogy and I think they will be, but sometimes even I think that the writers really have their work cut out for them both to redeem Kylo and to have them involved in a romantic relationship by the end of Episode IX and have the general audience be on board with the whole thing.  I’m one of the people who believe that one way or another, their romance/relationship/whatever it is will be wrapped up by the end of the ST, and I’m really curious to see how the writers do it.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:12 am

Kyla Ren wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:

@Acritiqua

@motherofpearl1

I tend to agree.  I think that either Luke will tell her something or she'll somehow learn of something about Kylo through their Force bond (assuming that one exists, which I think it does), or she'll see something in another Forceback type of vision that will change the way she feels about him.  I mean, who knows.  Depending on what Leia might have told her about Kylo or what she was feeling during that deleted scene where Dr. Kalonia tells her that Finn is going to be fine, maybe she has already started to feel differently about him.  Or at least stopped hating him.
@Kyla Ren

The thing is at the moment Rey's hatred for Kylo is starting to lose its conviction. He wounded Finn- but Finn will recover, and let's face it I'm sure Finn would have done the same to him- I'll never forget how he ran that stormtrooper through. He killed Han - but she'd known him five minutes. And he abducted her- but it's interesting how when Finn asked her: "Did he hurt you?" she didn't answer him. And technically she mind Censored him as much as he did her(even if it was in self defence)!

Once her rage passes what will she think?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:20 am

Acritiqua wrote:
Re: violation. I'm upset that I can't use a word which I feel best describes an action because of emotional backlash. Basically you are telling me I cannot express my point of view or say how I perceive something because you can't think objectively about that word. And then I am accused of being a troll? I didn't state the word again to upset people but because it's how I see it. Can I call it penetration? invasion? What word can I use?
@Acritiqua

Well, it's not like the word is banned, so what's stopping you? But you shouldn't be surprised if people's hackles are raised, that's all.

I don't think lack of objectivity is the problem here... The "mind rape" discourse has been plaguing Reylos since day one. "Violate" means rape. It's not the only meaning, but it's not some obscure archaic meaning either. In many languages, the word for rape is some form of "violate".

But I don't know, of course you can call it whatever you like. I tend to call it mind-reading, myself. Nope
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:28 am

Kyla Ren wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:

@Acritiqua

@motherofpearl1

@Kyla Ren

I agree.  It didn't look like hate on her face when she was looking at him across the ravine, nor when she looked back towards his direction in the movie.  And it definitely wasn't hate when she was "finding the force with him" on the cliffside.  There was a lot of darkside and rage in her when she turned the tables, and I think a part of that rage came from her confusion and anger at herself for even engaging in that "finding the force with him."  You could also argue that she looked a bit guilty when hugging Leia.

IMO, she doesn't know what end is up for him.  He obviously did some bad, bad stuff, but then she also saw all this vulnerability in his mind *and* he gave her the opening to get the best of him and she took it for all it was worth ... and she looked pretty stunned when that fact hit her on the side of the ravine. 

Rey's got her own demons in all this (and that is not an effort to excuse him of anything).  Rey is capable of tremendous rage and violence, some of it justified, but some of it not.  In the end, she doesn't think anything of beating someone (the Finn thrash) or shooting someone (the stormtrooper in the woods who didn't see her) if she thinks she's justified ... Guess who else thinks he can do ugly sith if he thinks it's justified? Good old Kylo. (whose mother Leia is also because quite zealous in the new novels ... the apple doesn't fall far and all that).

Now obviously he has gone a lot farther down this road, but at the same time, he's apparently had some mental infiltration from a force predator like Snoke (something Rey in her horror of a life actually seems to have been spared) and possibly has had some bad, yet currently unknown, incidents in his life to accelerate that process.  But if you look at her, at how much of hard-nosed warrior/fighter she is when she thinks she's in the right ... she and he, personality wise, have a lot of similarities.  Single-minded, capable of violence, absolutist thinking, total kicka** warriors.

IMO none of this interrogation room stuff is going to be some issue in the long run, because (1) this is a war setting and this is the stuff enemies do in that setting, (2) like @Piper maru and @"Darth Awakened" said, crazy stuff that would never fly in real life can fly in SW, even KK confirmed that, and (3) think about how Rey would do if the tables were turned in an interrogation?  Would she be all Geneva Convention with him, or would she lose her temper and get a little "Sipowicz" (from NYPDBlue) or "Stabler" (from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) on him? Considering the fact that she thrashed Finn over a jacket, I don't think she would be perfect.  And you know what? That's okay.  Because these are not sainted characters.  They are grey characters and they will sort this out.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:36 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:

@Acritiqua

@motherofpearl1

@Kyla Ren

The thing is at the moment Rey's hatred for Kylo is starting to lose its conviction. He wounded Finn- but Finn will recover, and let's face it I'm sure Finn would have done the same to him- I'll never forget how he ran that stormtrooper through. He killed Han - but she'd known him five minutes. And he abducted her- but it's interesting how when Finn asked her: "Did he hurt you?" she didn't answer him. And technically she mind Censored him as much as he did her(even if it was in self defence)!

Once her rage passes what will she think?
@motherofpearl1

It's a good question.  I'm not sure.  She might feel bad about wounding him the way she did, and she might think more about how if it hadn't been for the ground splitting apart, she might have killed him.  She also might reflect on whatever it was that she saw during the interrogation scene when she was in Kylo's mind.  In the script it says that she "enters his head, amazed at what she is seeing."  What did she see that she was so amazed at, other than Kylo's fears of not be as strong as Grandpa?  Was she just amazed because she managed to turn the tables and see inside of his mind?  Or did she see something that once she thinks about it, will help ease her hatred of him?  She didn't really have time to reflect on much of anything after that scene.  She had to focus on escaping and trying to survive.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next