Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1

+64
Birdwoman
shii405
Geralt_Riv
HJ98
Airemyn
AnneNeville
Kylo Rey
Reylo Lemon
MeadowofAshes
teltaru
Lily Snape
ReyofLightSide
Armadeus
SanghaRen
Sylvia Snow
rey09
Irina de France
Forsythia
IoJovi
Saracene
MissG
Pyro Nebula
Blood Moon
Darth Dementor
Kyla Ren
soulluos
EchoBase
AceofWands
Rimfaxe96
Reynak
Jakku
Macha Ren
spacebaby45678
Gemini
Socialnole
bossbaby
Acritiqua
Kessel
MyOnlyHope
MindAndMagic
Rogue Rey
nemapasara
ZioRen
Krafty
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
DarthRen
snufkin
Helix
BenRey
vaderito
Marchtwin
Piper Maru
Wizzia
Cowgirlsamurai
SkyStar
Little_Boots
Darth Dingbat
Moonjump05
SheLitAFire
Rei of Sunshine
Darth_Awakened
motherofpearl1
ISeeAnIsland
68 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:11 pm

I'm sorry but I'm honestly laughing here (in a good way) - how much more could they possibly emphasise that Hot Prince of Darkness shtick?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:12 pm

I don't know if there's more in the trailer. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but here it is...

You can play as Kylo or Luke, apparently. https://twitter.com/io9/status/853322445880688640

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:12 pm

Btw the story of Battlefront II is canon for Star Wars universe. Might just play it to see what it is.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:12 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Here is another depiction of Kylo's scar from Battlefront II.

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 20 Img_2111
@Mrs Ben Solo

I feel like Luke at the end of TFA. Speechless.

I really like that his hair is not as overstyled anymore.  
Also, I remember the scar discourse and now it is what - just a tiny stripe? This is actually quite amusing.

Last edited by SkyStar on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:16 pm

I actually think Kylo looks waaaaaay more hotter compared to TFA-look.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:17 pm

Ditto. I think he was super attractive in TFA but there's something about his look in TLJ so far that makes him ever hotter. And I don't think it's the scar.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:24 pm

He looks more mature.
Something about his eyes.

I don't think anybody could still call him an emo teenager anymore.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:27 pm

The cape is grey or it's just the lighting?
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:27 pm

I mean, what is this? Did they really design this look to appeal to everybody's inner Goth girl or am I dreaming? I'm dreaming, am I not?

*pinches herself*

Nope, they really ARE going with the Byronic look, aren't they.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:33 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:The cape is grey or it's just the lighting?
@Geralt_Riv

I thought that too at first.
I guess it's the lighting.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:34 pm

Kylo definitely looks a lot more mature, and it was the same case with Rey at the end of TFA. Her hair eventually getting down isn't helping with the whole "coming-of-age" theme either.

Man, talk about inner goth girl... my inner goth/emo girl who stayed dormant during the worst of my teenage years is screaming and fainting right now with that pic.

Edit: Anywho, they are going overboard with advertising unmasked!Kylo, way more than I expected. I'm surprised.

Last edited by Irina de France on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:35 pm

It's hard to tell if it's gray or not. It looks like it could be a dark gray but it's too close. But if this is the cape that people have said was like Vader's than I don't really see the resemblance. There's a pattern to Kylo's.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:44 pm

Irina de France wrote:
Edit: Anywho, they are going overboard with advertising unmasked!Kylo, way more than I expected. I'm surprised.
@Irina de France

Me too.

Seems like they're taking the "gentle reminder that your scarred villain is actually smokin' hot" approach to marketing.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:54 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Here is another depiction of Kylo's scar from Battlefront II.

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 20 Img_2111
@Mrs Ben Solo

The part of the cape on the pic: is it the infamous Vader-like cape?
@Darth_Awakened

Yes, and he's wearing it in TLJ teaser. You can see it on his shoulders. Now excuse me for I must take an ice shower.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:56 pm

Lol @ that promo. I'm actually laughing so hard. I don't even think I need to say anything. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:56 pm

Here's a clean/without writing on it (hot damn!) image of scarred Kylo from Battlefront II...

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 20 Img_2112

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchtwin Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:03 pm

not to sound pathetic but i'm struggling to breathe
Marchtwin
Marchtwin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:03 pm

The captain of the image says "The Last Jedi Heroes". I don't know if that's just the name of a story mode or something else.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:05 pm

I'm obsessed with the music from the trailer, esp how they amplified part Rey's theme with the brass at the MF clip. I got sad thinking Han wasn't in there =( but soooo hoping for a Kylo Rey MF moment!! Let's see his secret piloting skills!!!! 

I found it interesting they used choral sounds in the trailer- Williams used in prequel but not in TFA. Hoping for more of that in the movie. Adds more to the mythic ancient jedi stuff.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchtwin Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:05 pm

@nemapasara i think it's a pack of heroes you get if you preorder the game
Marchtwin
Marchtwin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:06 pm

Marchtwin wrote:@nemapasara i think it's a pack of heroes you get if you preorder the game
@Marchtwin

There's an article that says if you pre-order the game, you get exclusive Kylo Ren and Rey "The Last Jedi" themed looks.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchtwin Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:07 pm

nemapasara wrote:
Marchtwin wrote:@nemapasara i think it's a pack of heroes you get if you preorder the game
@Marchtwin

There's an article that says if you pre-order the game, you get exclusive Kylo Ren and Rey "The Last Jedi" themed looks.
@nemapasara

that must be it then
Marchtwin
Marchtwin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:08 pm

rey09 wrote:I'm obsessed with the music from the trailer, esp how they amplified part Rey's theme with the brass at the MF clip. I got sad thinking Han wasn't in there =( but soooo hoping for a Kylo Rey MF moment!! Let's see his secret piloting skills!!!! 

I found it interesting they used choral sounds in the trailer- Williams used in prequel but not in TFA. Hoping for more of that in the movie. Adds more to the mythic ancient jedi stuff.
@rey09

He actually used choral sounds for Snoke's theme in TFA. Which further brings home the fact that Snoke is very, very, very old...

This said, no one has talked about how LF is pretty tight-lipped about Snoke, moreso than Kylo...
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:10 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Lol @ that promo. I'm actually laughing so hard. I don't even think I need to say anything. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
@FrolickingFizzgig

They are so targeting Not Old Fanboys Who Want Maul/Vader Redux with this.  Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:16 pm

I am very pleased about the scar, it's even thinner than I expected and it's telling they went with that look, i.e. not emphasizing it too much physically. They clearly didn't want to damage his appearance in any way, the overall goal is to portray his inner/mental scarring more than anything. This can only bode well for the redemption scenario (not that there is any alternative). There's something different about his expression, he looks calmer and more determined/commited, but there is an awful lot going on underneath the surface. I think his identity crisis is deepening and bothering him deeply, making him more and more confused and frustrated. The brief shot with the destroyed mask might be one of the key moments where he snaps, it's definitely his mask as you can see the metal plates at the front so, yes, it seems to be done in a moment of intense anger or frustration.

On another note, the symbol we see everywhere, even on the Celeration logo, seems to be key to the Force plot. We see a version of it on that ancient document and it's save to assume we'll learn more about the history of the order and perhaps that will help us understand Luke's current position.

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 20 Screen19

The full sentence in the trailer is spoken by Luke IMO: "I know only one truth. It's time for the Jedi... to end." Tthe line is a reflection of his changed views. Right now at the time of turmoil he is seen as a last resort, a symbol of stability and hope and everyone, including Rey, expects him to fix everything and resurrect the Jedi order like he did before. However, perhaps after what happened with Ben, Luke has realized this might no longer be the right answer. His other line we hear, "It's so much bigger", also hints at this: there's so much more than a simple distinction b/w light and dark, Jedi and Sith. The galaxy cannot remain static and old solutions won't necessarily work in the new situation. I agree the poster is highly symbolic, with Rey strategically positioned between uncle and nephew divided by a saber blade. It could mean that she will be torn between the two sides at some point or she will bridge the gap between them. Perhaps even both.

Last, but not least:

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/buy?utm_campaign=swbf2_hd_ww_ic_soco_yt_swbfii-trailerpreorderanno-4152017-yt&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&cid=31200&ts=1492204908459

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 20 Screen20

Kylo and Rey, Kylo and Rey and... oh, yeah, Kylo and Rey.

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next