Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

+71
Night Huntress
PalmettoBlue
Darth Rowan
RosiePancake
colibri
benorganasolo
nite0wl29
Blackcanary
kassadin
bashfulblueeyes3
adamdrivershair
CienaRee
Moonlight13
Krafty
tukicarreno
guardienne
MeadowofAshes
SheLitAFire
vaderito
SanghaRen
reylo1992
DarthRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Acritiqua
panki
Kyla Ren
Helix
SoloSideCousin
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Kessel
LastCrusadeLeft
SkyStar
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
snufkin
Macha Ren
Birdwoman
Armadeus
rey09
Dark Padawan
Tex
shii405
Marchtwin
nemapasara
Moonjump05
Rei of Sunshine
Xylo Ren
EchoBase
Lily Snape
salmund
ISeeAnIsland
jakkusun
Darth Dementor
Piper Maru
AceofWands
ReyofLightSide
Little_Boots
Mana
Reylo Lemon
Irina de France
creepi0
MindAndMagic
MoonFyre
Reynak
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
Saracene
75 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Mana Sat 22 Apr 2017, 9:11 pm

All I know is they've definitely set him up for a redemption. How it happens is up to the writers...
I don't know how Rey will plan to set up a new kind of Jedi order all on her own. As we saw with Luke, starting soemthing on your own from scratch opened him up to all sorts of vulnerabilities. So I guess its not a stretch to suggest that whatever they've planned for Rey in the future, Kylo will be involved, not just romantically.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Saracene Sat 22 Apr 2017, 9:16 pm

Mana wrote:All I know is they've definitely set him up for a redemption. How it happens is up to the writers...
I don't know how Rey will plan to set up a new kind of Jedi order all on her own. As we saw with Luke, starting soemthing on your own from scratch opened him up to all sorts of vulnerabilities. So I guess its not a stretch to suggest that whatever they've planned for Rey in the future, Kylo will be involved, not just romantically.
@Mana

I think it's at least safe to say that lightsabers are not going to be retired from the SW universe.

Jedi might go, or evolve into something else, but if Disney says "no more lightsabers peope" there'll be rioting Smile
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:40 am

Since Snoke was originally a lady at one point in production, my mind just conjured up the awful image of Snoke and Kylo as Yzma and Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Sun 23 Apr 2017, 1:31 am

I'm really far behind, just recently heard that Kelly Tran came on stage with Finn? Whoa guys!.... I need to sit down!
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 23 Apr 2017, 1:32 am

Little_Boots wrote:I'm really far behind, just recently heard that Kelly Tran came on stage with Finn? Whoa guys!.... I need to sit down!
@Little_Boots

Look at the new Finn and Rose thread for more...! Smile
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sun 23 Apr 2017, 8:43 pm

Just read on tumblr, one of the antis posting "Reylos are celebrating now because of a sh*tty poster and a sh*tty trailer.."

Antis in December:

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 3 Giphy

And me:

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 3 Giphy
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 23 Apr 2017, 9:13 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:Just read on tumblr, one of the antis posting "Reylos are celebrating now because of a sh*tty poster and a sh*tty trailer.."

@ReyofLightSide

Yep.
And apparently, we'll also celebrate in December because of a sh*tty movie.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Sun 23 Apr 2017, 9:25 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:Just read on tumblr, one of the antis posting "Reylos are celebrating now because of a sh*tty poster and a sh*tty trailer.."

Antis in December:

And me:

@ReyofLightSide

'Reylos are celebrating now because of a good* poster and a good* trailer.' I fixed it for them. Wink
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 23 Apr 2017, 11:47 pm

"Reylos are celebrating over two of the most important and exciting things that give you an idea of what an enormously huge movie is going to be like."

Do they even look at what they type before they post it? Their salt is absolutely delicious. They're THIS mad that Kylo is big on that poster and that he was in the trailer at all, and that he looks good in both. They were delusional in their insistence that Kylo wasn't going to be important moving forward. Now they're being served a big steaming plate of "you were wrong" and it doesn't taste good.

I've never seen such an elaborate fantasy built out of pure bitterness in any fandom as I have with the anti Reylo crew, and I've seen some seriously salty fandoms.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Mon 24 Apr 2017, 5:08 am

On the bright side, they have eight months for it to sink in. Very Happy  But right now, what they really need is a bridge.

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 3 LssNHNt
MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Mon 24 Apr 2017, 5:11 am

MoonFyre wrote:On the bright side, they have eight months for it to sink in. Very Happy  But right now, what they really need is a bridge.

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 3 LssNHNt
@MoonFyre

The one Han died on?? Razz
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Mon 24 Apr 2017, 5:32 am

Helix wrote:
MoonFyre wrote:On the bright side, they have eight months for it to sink in. Very Happy  But right now, what they really need is a bridge.

@MoonFyre

@Helix

Lol, that's not helping!

But sure, why not? It's like poetry... fits George Lucas' thinking Razz
MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Mon 24 Apr 2017, 7:18 am

AceofWands wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

Yep.
And apparently, we'll also celebrate in December because of a sh*tty movie.
@AceofWands

Hahahaha I was the one who received this anon ask on tumblr.

They are completely delusional and salty as f****. It's hilarious.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 24 Apr 2017, 7:21 am

If I ever make a documentary about the SW fandom during the ST years, I'm going to call the eight upcoming months "Stairway to Hell Heaven"
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Mon 24 Apr 2017, 7:35 am

MoonFyre wrote:
Helix wrote:

@MoonFyre

@Helix

Lol, that's not helping!

@MoonFyre

"The one Han died on after he sacrificed himself because of his love of his son and then forgave him and then Kylo found out he was really really sorry afterwards and when he said "Han Solo can't save you"to Rey he was talking about himself and...."
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Tue 25 Apr 2017, 4:34 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:
MoonFyre wrote:
Helix wrote:

@MoonFyre

@Helix

Lol, that's not helping!

@MoonFyre

"The one Han died on after he sacrificed himself because of his love of his son and then forgave him and then Kylo found out he was really really sorry afterwards and when he said "Han Solo can't save you"to Rey he was talking about himself and...."
@ReyofLightSide

^
Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 3 MCApQ7M
MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:14 am

@MoonFyre

Or eight more months to ignore the facts presented to them by actual source material; letting their personal delusions, biases, and head canon build to unrealistic proportions, leading to an even bigger breakdown when the movie comes out.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:21 am

MoonFyre wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:
MoonFyre wrote:
Helix wrote:

@MoonFyre

@Helix

Lol, that's not helping!

@MoonFyre

@ReyofLightSide

^
Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 3 MCApQ7M
@MoonFyre

This gif gives me life oh my God
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:36 am

I actually find it a bit sad that they don't want Kylo redeemed....considering who he is.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Apr 2017, 12:37 pm

I saw this article on Twitter and I disagree with much of it but it does show that Reylo is needed in the ST, and an earlier not-by-death redemption for Kylo. Rian isn't JJ, not that I'm bashing JJ, and I'm not expecting TLJ to be a total retread of ESB, although I think there'll be some mirroring in themes. https://omni.media/a-tale-of-two-star-wars?

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 25 Apr 2017, 12:52 pm

I had no idea OMNI was still around, my dad used to subscribe to it! I do agree with their basic premise of how each film makes people feel in terms of which one you tend to favor. Though the part about being Happy Shiny versus Detail Oriented Worldbuilder made me laugh -I'm a pretty nitpicky, obsessive personality and do that a lot for work. Maybe I just don't want that in my entertainment or doing it for a living, I'm not fond of the traps people set for themselves and others with not seeing the proverbial forest for the trees. I do think that the TFA is in many ways a more stealthy film for hiding some of these details in the middle of the nostalgia and comfort food.

t's pretty obvious to me that The Force Awakens is a Feeling-Perception movie. It appeals to sentimental feelings and recapturing the optimistic happy sense of wonder of watching the original Star Wars as a kid. There is almost zero thinking in it, as shown by the science fails. But neither are its fans nitpicking and judgmental. As perception types, they aren't too fussed about consistency or realism, and happy to suspend disbelief (and nerd judgmental criticism regarding lack of realism), to be entertained and have a nostalgic experience. The characters are all larger than life swashbucklers in a familiar bright and shiny universe.

Rogue One clearly is a movie made by nerds, for nerds. It just doesn't have the cheery family appeal of the usual Disney and Lucas fare. The gloomy setting appeals to the more melancholic and introvert NT and especially INTJ personality (christened the Mastermind in the Myer-Briggs typology, an appropriate name for a nerd type). Details such as worldbuilding, originality, scientific consistency, and minor characters, are things that are more important to creative writers, worldbuilders, and dedicated nerds Instead of focusing on the unattainable jock-powered people appeal of the Star Wars heroes, its extensive worldbuilding and obsession with getting all the little details of droid classification, sets, uniforms, and retrofuturism, approachable yet non-super-powered protagonists, and tragic storyline, it reminded me of the sort of bleak, dystopian scifi on deviant art or in self-published ebooks, and those fan made movies you see on YouTube, which sometimes are surprisingly more enjoyable and intelligently written than anything produced by the mainstream industry.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:26 am

@Mrs Ben Solo wow that is a really interesting article. Maybe the reason I don't really think rogue one or tfa is better than the other myself is because I flip flop between thinking and feeling on personality tests. XD

They seem really certain TLJ will be a rehash. Yeah, hopefully, reylo and a kylo redemption without death will surprise them.

I just skimmed, but it seems to me that even though the author tries to say neither tfa nor rogue one is a better movie and that your preference depends on whether you are thinking or feeling, the article seems really biased toward rogue one, I guess because this person is a "thinking person", themselves. I feel like the way they write about the "world building" of rogue one makes it sound superior to the "sentiment" of tfa. Lol

well, hopefully TLJ will have both world building and sentiment/nostalgia. I think, based on what we've been hearing, that TLJ might just accomplish that balance. Haha ...balance... ;)
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:44 am

I have the feeling TLJ will be more akin to R1 in tone than TFA, just as ESB was darker than ANH. But I think it will also have some hopeful moments and perhaps seeing Kylo Ren's first steps towards the light will be one of them.

I also have my own opinion regarding Kylo's scar..
I don't think Rian changed it because it 'looked goofy' at all - I think the scene in TLJ is actually a 'flashback' to a pre scarred Kylo, and the scar was CGI'ed in order to hide this. The reason I have this gut instinct is because Kylo is using his unstable lightsabre in that scene yet it was destroyed at the end of TLJ. Also, we've seen a promo pic in which Kylo's scar is exactly how it was in TFA. I actually hope that pic is'future' rather than 'past' Kylo but the presence of that lightsabre just throws it off to me.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 26 Apr 2017, 8:28 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I have the feeling TLJ will be more akin to R1 in tone than TFA, just as ESB was darker than ANH. But I think it will also have some hopeful moments and perhaps seeing Kylo Ren's first steps towards the light will be one of them.

I also have my own opinion regarding Kylo's scar..
I don't think Rian changed it because it 'looked goofy' at all - I think the scene in TLJ is actually a 'flashback' to a pre scarred Kylo, and the scar was CGI'ed in order to hide this. The reason I have this gut instinct is because Kylo is using his unstable lightsabre in that scene yet it was destroyed at the end of TLJ. Also, we've seen a promo pic in which Kylo's scar is exactly how it was in TFA. I actually hope that pic is'future' rather than 'past' Kylo but the presence of that lightsabre just throws it off to me.
@motherofpearl1

I had this thought too, until I saw multiple shots of Kylo Ren all in different contexts coming from the marketing of TLJ. All of these shots have the scar in the same new place. Couple this with Rian Johnson's confirmation they moved the scar and I no longer think it's a flashback but what we're getting TLJ.

The lack of continuity doesn't bother me. I'm elated that TPTB felt the need to increase his attractiveness. He has romantic lead written all over him.

As for his lightsaber, I'm assuming he rebuilt it.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 26 Apr 2017, 9:19 am

I was hoping he'd keep the sabre actually as it's as completely unique as it's owner!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next