Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

+61
Krafty
Kessel
Lucina
tintarelladiluna
Tex
SkyStar
Millicent the Cat
SanghaRen
BigDeal2187
Darth Dingbat
panki
soulluos
Lily Snape
Moonlight13
reylo1992
kassadin
MissG
Casper
rey09
snufkin
IoJovi
Geralt_Riv
vaderito
motherofpearl1
Helix
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
ReyofLightSide
ISeeAnIsland
Darth_Awakened
Irina de France
SoloSideCousin
Blood Moon
nonesuch
ZioRen
Birdwoman
Marchtwin
Airemyn
Xylo Ren
Macha Ren
Armadeus
tukicarreno
SheLitAFire
Piper Maru
salmund
jakkusun
fuhry
Moonjump05
Darth Rowan
Kyla Ren
spacebaby45678
Kylo Men
EchoBase
DarthRen
Gemini
Reylo Lemon
Rimfaxe96
kroi
BenRey
adamdrivershair
TheLastJedi
65 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread) - Page 19 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by IoJovi Sun 02 Jul 2017, 2:47 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Probably best not to set expectations too high for D23, it might just be some new BTS footage https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/881583817215033345
@Mrs Ben Solo

BTS will do!

At least for me.
@Darth_Awakened

Yeah I'm down with that too. A trailer would be cool, but at the same time when we get one I'll be bracing myself for misdirection and red herrings. That's one of the reasons I'm not really complaining about the lack of marketing at the moment. I guess that's par for the course when it comes to being on the team that started out as the underdog, but it is what it is. I would LOVE to have something with a shot of Kylo and Rey together, but given how much Kylo himself is being hidden, I'm not really holding out for that.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread) - Page 19 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by Helix Sun 02 Jul 2017, 2:52 pm

No trailer? Time to get the tomatoes... Nah, I'm cool with BTS footage. Besides, it's better than nothing.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 02 Jul 2017, 3:14 pm

The BTS footage from SWC still gave us a significant amount to pick apart and speculate on--let's not forget that the BTS stuff alone confirmed some of the earlier MSW spoilers. If it's a choice between the two, I'd rather have new BTS footage than a trailer with a lot of rehash shots (if that were the other choice).

It does make me wonder what the plans are for that new 90 second teaser that they got rated recently.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Sun 02 Jul 2017, 3:55 pm

I am kind of puzzled with the lack of promo for The Last Jedi lately to be honest.scratch  No Comic Con and now no trailer? Plus I bet D23 will be very low-key, and only Mark Hamill will be present. Boring! I was hoping for a full TLJ cast panel at Comic Con or D23.But alas no.
Now it will only be a BTS look until who knows when. Sigh..  Neutral

There´s absolutely no buzz for this movie as of right now. It´s worrisome. I really hope LF and Disney get their act together come September.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sun 02 Jul 2017, 4:09 pm

tukicarreno wrote:I am kind of puzzled with the lack of promo for The Last Jedi lately to be honest.scratch  No Comic Con and now no trailer? Plus I bet D23 will be very low-key, and only Mark Hamill will be present. Boring! I was hoping for a full TLJ cast panel at Comic Con or D23.But alas no.
Now it will only be a BTS look until who knows when. Sigh..  Neutral

There´s absolutely no buzz for this movie as of right now. It´s worrisome. I really hope LF and Disney get their act together come September.
@tukicarreno

Totally, such a dry desert right now.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 02 Jul 2017, 4:30 pm

Weary scavengers trudging through the most desolate and unfriendly part of the desert, The Valley of the Mystery Box, trying to scrape by on the smallest morsels of spoilers about the next movie!

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread) - Page 19 A50fc488fab5d0614e0b3573aaec5ace63115d80cbb77f3de02a931f7c820b45

@armadeus is right that the total lack of information isn't so much building up anticipation as it is frustration. Then again LF may simply have their hands full with the Han Solo mishegas that it's their main focus right now. At least 4 more days before Forces of Destiny. Not that it solves the Mystery Box, but it's at least some more TFA related stories. Especially to do with Rey's life on Jakku as a scavenger and the teased appearance by Kylo in some capacity.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 02 Jul 2017, 4:59 pm

All of the buzz/murmurings from LF indicate that KK & co. are very happy with Rian's work on TLJ. The lack of marketing could simply stem from confidence in the product. If they're anticipating amazing reviews and buzz on this movie, the movie will sell itself.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Sun 02 Jul 2017, 6:55 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:All of the buzz/murmurings from LF indicate that KK & co. are very happy with Rian's work on TLJ. The lack of marketing could simply stem from confidence in the product. If they're anticipating amazing reviews and buzz on this movie, the movie will sell itself.
@ISeeAnIsland

and it's SW. R1 didn't have much hype compared to TFA, but it still made bank on name alone.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 02 Jul 2017, 7:05 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:All of the buzz/murmurings from LF indicate that KK & co. are very happy with Rian's work on TLJ.  The lack of marketing could simply stem from confidence in the product.  If they're anticipating amazing reviews and buzz on this movie, the movie will sell itself.
@ISeeAnIsland

That's true, we hear a lot of positive things in general about TFA and Rian. I have optimistic hopes, but the waiting and not knowing is painful (even though I don't plan to expose myself to any spoilers before the movie comes out)!
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Mon 03 Jul 2017, 1:06 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:All of the buzz/murmurings from LF indicate that KK & co. are very happy with Rian's work on TLJ. The lack of marketing could simply stem from confidence in the product. If they're anticipating amazing reviews and buzz on this movie, the movie will sell itself.
@ISeeAnIsland

Right now they have Spiderman as the main thing for Disney. We'll get more and more promo pieces in the next months. As you said it, if their confidence is this high, they movie will sell itself and promo will be done when they think it's needed. It's good to hear they're happy with Rian's work on TLJ and they such a confidence in this movies.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 03 Jul 2017, 2:08 am

DarthRen wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

Right now they have Spiderman as the main thing for Disney. We'll get more and more promo pieces in the next months. As you said it, if their confidence is this high, they movie will sell itself and promo will be done when they think it's needed. It's good to hear they're happy with Rian's work on TLJ and they such a confidence in this movies.
@DarthRen

TBH, SpiderMan leaves me cold. I'm an avid comic book movie fan but I'm getting a bit fed up with Marvel's treatment of female characters of late...and I'm also a bit fed up of SpiderMan movies. I loved the Tobey Maguire films but the others didn't really work for me - not because of the actors; both Andrew Garfield and Tom Hollander play the part brilliantly; I suspect it's just overkill on my part!

I really desperately want to see more of TLJ- it's as simple as that!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 03 Jul 2017, 3:31 am

I'm not too worried about the lack of TLJ promo now, because I know it's bound to get well and truly obnoxious closer to the release date.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 03 Jul 2017, 4:06 am

Saracene wrote:I'm not too worried about the lack of TLJ promo now, because I know it's bound to get well and truly obnoxious closer to the release date.
@Saracene

Speaking of which ... yeah ... in the fall the content options are going to be coming in fast and furious.  We have the Forces of Destiny coming online today, and then the actual Battlefront II game that will be released in November, and below is what I was able to pull together after being on Amazon for a few minutes:

Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (Star Wars) Hardcover – July 25, 2017
by Christie Golden  (Author)

Star Wars Forces of Destiny Daring Adventures: Volume 1: (Sabine, Rey, Padme)Paperback – August 1, 2017

by Emma Carlson Berne (Author)

***This looks like a novelization of the animated series.

Star Wars - Heroes of the Force Paperback – August 8, 2017

by Titan  (Author)

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Paperback – August 29, 2017

by Alessandro Ferrari (Adapter)

World of Reading Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Leader Named Leia (Level 2 Reader): (Level 2) Paperback – September 1, 2017

by Ella Patrick (Author), Brian Rood (Illustrator)

----This is supposed to go all the way to TFA.  I'm not sure how much detail it will give.

Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi Leia, Princess of Alderaan Hardcover – September 1, 2017

by Claudia Gray  (Author)

Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi The Power of the Force Paperback – September 1, 2017

by LucasFilm Press (Author), Brian Rood (Illustrator)

----This apparently is going to discuss the light and dark sides of the force.  The tone used in this will be interesting IMO.

Phasma (Star Wars): Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi Hardcover – September 1, 2017

by Delilah S. Dawson  (Author)

Star Wars: Darth Maul Paperback – September 19, 2017

by Cullen Bunn (Author), Luke Ross (Illustrator)

---This is apparently a graphic novel, as opposed to a comic. 

Star Wars Forces of Destiny Daring Adventures: Volume 2: (Jyn, Ahsoka, Leia)Paperback – October 3, 2017

by Emma Carlson Berne  (Author)

***This looks like a novelization of the animated series.

Star Wars Adventures Vol. 1 Paperback – October 17, 2017

by Landry Q. Walker  (Author), Derek Charm (Illustrator), Cavan Scott (Illustrator), Eric Jones (Illustrator)

***This is a new comic series that apparently will span all the way to The Last Jedi.

Star Wars Stormtroopers: Beyond the Armor Hardcover – October 24, 2017

by Ryder Windham (Author), Adam Bray  (Author)

***John Boyega does the foreword on this book.  Maybe it's a set up for Finn's story in some way?

Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi The Legends of Luke Skywalker Hardcover – October 31, 2017

by Ken Liu (Author), J.G. Jones (Illustrator)

***I didn't even know a Luke-oriented book was coming out in front of TLJ, but it seems to span a long timeline as a picture of older Luke is on the cover as well as images of younger Luke.

Star Wars: Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Captain Phasma Paperback – November 28, 2017

by Kelly Thompson (Author), Marco Checchetto (Illustrator)

***Something is going on with Phasma.  This is the second book for her prior to TLJ, and this one is really close the release date, rather like Catalyst for Rogue One.

Star Wars: Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith Vol. 1: Imperial Machine (Star Wars (Marvel)) Paperback – December 5, 2017

by Charles Soule (Author), Jim Cheung (Illustrator)

***This appears to be a new Darth Vader comic for his early dark side years.  Maybe it means nothing, maybe it will give information of what Kylo thinks he's doing for him?

Star Wars Adventures Vol. 2 Paperback – February 20, 2018

by Landry Q. Walker (Author), Derek Charm (Illustrator)

***This is the second in that new series and is released post-TLJ.   Finn is on the cover with his ST armor on, in a seemingly FO hallway, with an alien creature on the floor in front of him.  I don't know if that is Finn pre-TFA in the picture, or "Undercover Finn" from TLJ. Very Happy

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 03 Jul 2017, 4:11 am

I'am super curious about the Luke stuff - will it feature young Ben or not?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 03 Jul 2017, 4:15 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:I'am super curious about the Luke stuff - will it feature young Ben or not?
@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, me too! I was really shocked to see that Luke had a book coming up at all, and then to see older Luke on the front was really interesting.  I doubt that they will give anything about young man Ben, but we could get something of him as a little kid, especially if they want to emphasize that he was not born evil and/or someone was interfering with him all along.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Mon 03 Jul 2017, 4:48 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@DarthRen

TBH, SpiderMan leaves me cold. I'm an avid comic book movie fan but I'm getting a bit fed up with Marvel's treatment of female characters of late...and I'm also a bit fed up of SpiderMan movies. I loved the Tobey Maguire films but the others didn't really work for me - not because of the actors; both Andrew Garfield and Tom Hollander play the part brilliantly; I suspect it's just overkill on my part!

I really desperately want to see more of TLJ- it's as simple as that!
@motherofpearl1

Usually I'd agree with you on Spiderman but MCU, Feige, Amy Pascal did something that none of those people previously before them did, making Peter a really young, a student. The way it should be. Tom is really on point Spiderman and close to Tobey's portrayl as far as reviews goes. I did liked his cameo in Civil War and it looks like this could be a hit. He's funy, not over the top, Spiderman kind of humor and blends also serious tones for his character.

I agree, we ned TLJ or some small pieces to debate. SDCC or D23 will offer something, btw we should have another trailer, right? I expect in the next two months another trailer.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 03 Jul 2017, 9:19 am

Wow, I knew there were SW novels/books being released soon, but I didn't realize there were some many. I'm going to have to find time for more reading in this Fall!
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 03 Jul 2017, 9:38 am

Kessel wrote:Wow, I knew there were SW novels/books being released soon, but I didn't realize there were some many. I'm going to have to find time for more reading in this Fall!
@Kessel

Right? That is literally a TON of reading. I doubt I will get to them all, but I'm really geeked about both the Claudia Grey novel that focuses on young Leia, along with the older/younger Luke one.

This will help ease my suffering from the wait til VIII.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 03 Jul 2017, 9:42 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:I'am super curious about the Luke stuff - will it feature young Ben or not?
@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, me too! I was really shocked to see that Luke had a book coming up at all, and then to see older Luke on the front was really interesting.  I doubt that they will give anything about young man Ben, but we could get something of him as a little kid, especially if they want to emphasize that he was not born evil and/or someone was interfering with him all along.
@SoloSideCousin

It's funny, but as I've mentioned before, after watching a couple vintage episodes of Law and Order: SVU, I can't get over how much Snoke's influence on Kylo resembles child grooming. In SVU there were two cases of children who'd been abducted and brainwashed into believing their abuser loved them. The way Kylo said to his father: 'The Supreme Leader is wise' in that monotone voice was just like the way the victims in SVU insisted their captors 'loved them'.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 03 Jul 2017, 10:17 am

Nope, still could care less about Luke, but more Phasma is promising. I'd be stoked if we get Laura Dern as Tracy Flick in Space and Phasma breaking the glass ceiling of villainy.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:45 am

snufkin wrote:Nope, still could care less about Luke, but more Phasma is promising. I'd be stoked if we get Laura Dern as Tracy Flick in Space and Phasma breaking the glass ceiling of villainy.
@snufkin

The Phasma book (and the accompanying general build-up of Phasma) is a big part of what has me thinking that Phasma will be the "Big Bad" for the Resistance plot for TLJ...which also has me thinking that we won't be seeing much of Hux (if he even makes it out of Act 1).

ETA: Personally, I'm looking most forward to the Leia book, myself. But I am REALLY looking forward to the Forces of Destiny/reader books for my daughter. I'm sure that we'll pick up some of those. There's a ridiculous gap in the market for girls' reader/picture books focused on superheroes and other movie heroes. I was shocked at the lack of tie-in books (I think there were ~2?) for kids when Wonder Woman came out.

Last edited by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:47 am

Great list, @SoloSideCousin! cheers

SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

@SoloSideCousin

The way I understand it, the Luke book is basically "not canon" in the sense that it's a compilation of stories told about Luke in the GFFA. So there may be some truth to it, but kind of like gossip in the real world, it's not reliable. Should be interesting though.

I'm most looking forward to the Leia YA novel, and the Phasma novel because of its author - the short story The Perfect Weapon is one of my favourite bits of writing in the new canon, and I'm thrilled Delilah S. Dawson is writing a full-length SW novel. She did so well with Bazine Netal that her version of Phasma is probably a thousand times more interesting than the film version. (Not that Gwendoline couldn't make her super interesting, I just doubt she gets much of a chance to do that.)

I'm trying to wean myself off buying every single canon thing that gets released. Razz I'm trying to read only the books that interest me from now on. I've got too many books to read as it is; I really don't need Lucasfilm leeching all my time and money... *grumble, mumble*

Unfortunately I don't expect much illuminating info about the light and the dark from The Power of the Force, as it's a book for 6-8-year-olds. The past year and a half has taught me that though a good author can elevate a book into something interesting in its own right, not much thought and effort goes into the children's stuff canon-wise.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:51 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:Nope, still could care less about Luke, but more Phasma is promising. I'd be stoked if we get Laura Dern as Tracy Flick in Space and Phasma breaking the glass ceiling of villainy.
@snufkin

The Phasma book (and the accompanying general build-up of Phasma) is a big part of what has me thinking that Phasma will be the "Big Bad" for the Resistance plot for TLJ...which also has me thinking that we won't be seeing much of Hux (if he even makes it out of Act 1).
@ISeeAnIsland

I really hope she is! Not just because of just having more of a variety of female characters so that hopefully fans will mellow out a little on expecting Rey to be all things to all people, but you know GC would be so good at it. Like she seems out of the FO trio to be the legit one who could lead an army and who you don't want to pick a fight with. Plus the one press conference they had where Carrie Fisher was cracking on about being such a Space Sl*t party girl on the shoots for the OT, GC was sitting next to her and just cackling the whole time. Just watching those two was so much fun, like ideal world you'd see Phasma and Leia team up to take over the galaxy because they're tired of men effing it up. Anyways,  she seems the sort of person who'd totally relish getting to be the baddie in the traditional sense, where they talk about how much fun it was to play somebody like that versus the good guy person they have to play most of the time. Which by the way, we've really yet to see those type of comments from the angsty Prince of Darkness.

Also two books just about her versus Hux being a minor player in the Wendig books? That bodes well for her being a bigger/more important figure than him in the ST.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 03 Jul 2017, 12:42 pm

Huge fan of GC, I love her character in GoT, and she has the chops to pull off a really intense villain. Nice to see more female bad guys actually.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 03 Jul 2017, 12:43 pm

@snufkin

Yes!!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next