Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 1

+45
Search Your Feelings
Darth Dementor
Rei of Sunshine
MyOnlyHope
Maria26
Queen Rey
ReyofLightSide
MoonlitMoss
ZenBrainJam
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
panki
EchoBase
Mana
Darth Dingbat
Sylvia Snow
MoonFyre
SanghaRen
BlackIsTheColor
BastilaBey
Moonjump05
jakkusun
Saracene
Xylo Ren
CienaRee
MeadowofAshes
MissG
Force22
Gemini
Birdwoman
Darth Rowan
Camaro
RKR Connection
vaderito
IoJovi
AnneNeville
Little_Boots
rey09
FrolickingFizzgig
thescavenger
Reylo Lemon
YoloKylo
Darth_Awakened
Rimfaxe96
ISeeAnIsland
49 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 1

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 19 Apr 2016, 1:56 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Gemini wrote:A lot of antis don't like the idea of kenobi because it would point to rey and ren being much more destined to be together than a lot of options. It's a very unpopular opinion now which is why i think they have pushed the "she's s random" angle so much. Could be misdirected
@Gemini

Out of curiosity, how does Rey Kenobi point to Reylo being destined any more than Rey Random? Going with the reverse Anidala angle, Padme was a random, too (albeit a random Queen, but still).
@Darth Dingbat

Can you imagine how strong in the force would their babies be? Skywalker and Kenobi woah xD
@Maria Antonietta

Imagine how strong Skywalker x Palpatine babies would be, though Wink
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 1

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:13 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Gemini wrote:A lot of antis don't like the idea of kenobi because it would point to rey and ren being much more destined to be together than a lot of options. It's a very unpopular opinion now which is why i think they have pushed the "she's s random" angle so much. Could be misdirected
@Gemini

Out of curiosity, how does Rey Kenobi point to Reylo being destined any more than Rey Random? Going with the reverse Anidala angle, Padme was a random, too (albeit a random Queen, but still).
@Darth Dingbat

Kenobi always has a part to play in helping the skywalkers they are entwined in each trilogy. Her whole journey seems to be about getting Luke back on the quest and helping a skywalker who is falling to the darkness. Skywalkers have always had a close affinity with obi wan kenobi it explains leias knowing or sensing something about rey and how she will help save her family. "Help me obi wan kenobi you are my only hope" the fact that it's a woman this time means the bond is different instead of brotherly love he has fallen in love with her
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:25 am

Kenobi seems to be the only thing everyone in the production are dead silent about
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:25 am

Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

@Darth Dingbat

Kenobi always has a part to play in helping the skywalkers they are entwined in each trilogy. Her whole journey seems to be about getting Luke back on the quest and helping a skywalker who is falling to the darkness. Skywalkers have always had a close affinity with obi wan kenobi it explains leias knowing or sensing something about rey and how she will help save her family. "Help me obi wan kenobi you are my only hope" the fact that it's a woman this time means the bond is different instead of brotherly love he has fallen in love with her
@Gemini

I can understand that, yes. I'm by no means anti-Kenobi (I'm pro-Rey-whatever-as-long-as-she's-not-a-Skywalker), but I just don't think the Kenobi-Skywalker connection specifically spells out destined romance.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:26 am

Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini

General Grevious

"Where there is Kenobi, you will always find Skywalker not far behind."

That some and anti reylos , in other forums have attached so fast to Rey Random, points to Rey Kenobi for me. That group is like a weather vain, whichever way they point you should go the opposite.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:30 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini

I can understand that, yes. I'm by no means anti-Kenobi (I'm pro-Rey-whatever-as-long-as-she's-not-a-Skywalker), but I just don't think the Kenobi-Skywalker connection specifically spells out destined romance.
@Darth Dingbat

Star Wars poetry, I think it does. a Kenobi - Skywalker romance would be epic in a way that neither Rey Random or Palpatine could ever touch. IMHO
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:35 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini

@Darth Dingbat
I think it does though because they have made him fall in love with her already.

Last edited by Gemini on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:37 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini

@Darth Dingbat

Star Wars poetry, I think it does. a Kenobi - Skywalker romance would be epic in a way that neither Rey Random or Palpatine could ever touch. IMHO
@spacebaby45678

Sure - though personally, I don't think the epicness of Reylo comes from Rey's pedigree, but from the fated and mystical elements of the connection. Even if she's a random. (Or a Palpatine Very Happy)

It's a very personal thing, I know: I just think it's more of epic romance material if there are these two people who are each others' perfect counterparts because their "Force frequency" or whatever matches perfectly and the Force guides them to unite. Not because the Force thinks, "your grandfather guided the Skywalkers; now it's your turn to guide them".

Not to say it can't be both, of course. Like I said, I'm not anti-Kenobi. I just mean I don't think Rey Random makes it any less fated, epic and romantic.

Last edited by Darth Dingbat on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:38 am

Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini

@Darth Dingbat
I think it does though because they have made him fall in love with her already.
@Gemini

Yes, but I mean, it already happened - even if she's a random. The connection is there, either way.

I'm not saying Rey Kenobi would make it un-romantic; I just don't think it's the only option that would feel epic and fated.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:43 am

Anyone though that instead of a reverse anidala they are a reverse obikin?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:43 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini

@Darth Dingbat

@spacebaby45678

Sure - though personally, I don't think the epicness of Reylo comes from Rey's pedigree, but from the fated and mystical elements of the connection. Even if she's a random. (Or a Palpatine Very Happy)

It's a very personal thing, I know: I just think it's more of epic romance material if there are these two people who are each others' perfect counterparts because their "Force frequency" or whatever matches perfectly and the Force guides them to unite. Not because the Force thinks, "your grandfather guided the Skywalkers; now it's your turn to guide them in your turn".

Not to say it can't be both, of course. Like I said, I'm not anti-Kenobi. I just mean I don't think Rey Random makes it any less fated, epic and romantic.
@Darth Dingbat

Understand completely, if this was a  stand alone tale, movie or play then yes, Random Rey is a satisfactory but  what makes TFA different is that while it has fairy tale  elements it is really a mythological saga with 6 predecessors. So yes Rey Kenobi rhymes in so many ways more than Random Rey. Rey Kenobi would mean so much more personally to Luke, Leia & Ben.

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:45 am

Gemini wrote:Anyone though that instead of a reverse anidala they are a reverse obikin?
@Gemini

THIS ^^^Epic because they are both reverse anidala obikin... that was such a tragedy. That reversal makes it epic
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:46 am

Tptb said that her parentage would be profoundly satisfying though which automatically directs me to Kenobi over Random.
I do like the whole Random can be just as powerful with the force theory, but the fact that McGregor is lurking about and with rumours of a Kenobi movie, and that her solitary situation on Jakku is a hint sways me towards Rey Kenobi.

Throw in the accent and the Skywalker/Kenobi poetry as well.

Last edited by Search Your Feelings on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:47 am

Gemini wrote:Anyone though that instead of a reverse anidala they are a reverse obikin?
@Gemini

Could be, but I think people get the "reverse Anidala" from the reversal of "Across the Stars" and other such cues.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:53 am

Her parents are random despite one being linked to kenobi one side is a random and I think that is dark origins
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:54 am

Search Your Feelings wrote:Tptb said that her parentage would be profoundly satisfying though which automatically directs me to Kenobi over Random.
I do like the whole Random can be just as powerful with the force theory, but the fact that McGregor is lurking about and with rumours of a Kenobi movie, and that her solitary situation on Jakku is a hint sways me towards Rey Kenobi.

Throw in the accent and the Skywalker/Kenobi poetry as well.
@Search Your Feelings

I would love if Rey ended up as a Kenobi. I believed this theory so much but when I thought about it, this would require a lot of explaining. Unless they leave it until the last minute and by that time we actually have confirmation of a Kenobi movie in the works. That would be perfect. 2019, I am sure we will know by then if a Kenobi film will happen bounce

-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=171
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40