Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phasma Novel Discussion (Speculation, Reviews, and Spoilers)

+5
snufkin
vaderito
panki
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Phasma Novel Discussion (Speculation, Reviews, and Spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Phasma Novel Discussion (Speculation, Reviews, and Spoilers)

Post by SanghaRen Mon 18 Sep 2017, 4:22 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Huh. Well, this little promo video from the official Star Wars twitter certainly seems to contradict some of what we learned about Phasma in the Phasma novel:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/909492161971855360
@ISeeAnIsland

That is extremely odd.  You would think as hard of a grip the Story Group has on continuity, something this glaring of a contradiction wouldn't fall through the cracks.  The whole point of the Phasma novel was to outline that she was loyal to no one but herself.

@IoJovi

Right. I don't know how much the story group/continuity people have to do with promos like this, but I agree that's a glaring contradiction. I wonder if Comics Phasma is more similar to the promo. But if that's the case, I'm surprised that they allowed the Phasma novel to be published with the characterization that it paints.
@ISeeAnIsland

I have the feeling sometimes that no one in the Story Group reads any of the novels coming out. Which makes me wonder if they read Bloodlines or Aftermtath. But at least PH did react to a question on the Vader reveal if I remember well saying something along the lines that people should wait to know how who reacted to what - sounds weird, is that even proper English Question I am tired. However, I fear that the whole baby Ben troubled in Leia's womb by something she cannot feel and cannot yet understand in Aftermath might end up being a gimmick that will never be picked up by the movies. Which saddens me.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Phasma Novel Discussion (Speculation, Reviews, and Spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Phasma Novel Discussion (Speculation, Reviews, and Spoilers)

Post by Helix Mon 18 Sep 2017, 4:26 pm

Awww, those lil Parasites from Cloverfield are the cutest. I love the noises they make.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 18 Sep 2017, 4:28 pm

SanghaRen wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Huh. Well, this little promo video from the official Star Wars twitter certainly seems to contradict some of what we learned about Phasma in the Phasma novel:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/909492161971855360
@ISeeAnIsland

That is extremely odd.  You would think as hard of a grip the Story Group has on continuity, something this glaring of a contradiction wouldn't fall through the cracks.  The whole point of the Phasma novel was to outline that she was loyal to no one but herself.

@IoJovi

Right. I don't know how much the story group/continuity people have to do with promos like this, but I agree that's a glaring contradiction. I wonder if Comics Phasma is more similar to the promo. But if that's the case, I'm surprised that they allowed the Phasma novel to be published with the characterization that it paints.
@ISeeAnIsland

I have the feeling sometimes that no one in the Story Group reads any of the novels coming out. Which makes me wonder if they read Bloodlines or Aftermtath. But at least PH did react to a question on the Vader reveal if I remember well saying something along the lines that people should wait to know how who reacted to what - sounds weird, is that even proper English Question I am tired. However, I fear that the whole baby Ben troubled in Leia's womb by something she cannot feel and cannot yet understand in Aftermath might end up being a gimmick that will never be picked up by the movies. Which saddens me.
@SanghaRen

The good news is, after attending three separate authors panels at DragonCon, I don't believe this is the case.  Each author, including Delilah Dawson and Claudia Gray, said the Story Group oversaw the entire process while they were writing he book.  They were given plot points to hit, both major and minor, but wouldn't say which ones.  They would send in a rough draft, and were told to remove certain things and replace it with something of their choosing if a contradiction was discovered.  So yes, the Story Group was very much involved with that.

It's one of the major reasons why I don't buy into Plotgate at all.

If anything, it would seem to me like the Story Group didn't review the promo @ISeeAnIsland shared.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 18 Sep 2017, 4:40 pm

@IoJovi

Let's hope so. At the same time I am not too ruffled by potential inconsistencies between different media except if it deals with big events like the Vader reveal. I think comics will always have a different feel to the characters as movies due to the specific format and I have no issues with that. I would be more ruffled by character inconsistencies within the trilogy. The troubled Baby Ben is just something that I liked and that fed a certain headcanon. If it's not picked up, I won't rage a war against LF, I'll just sigh with regret Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3