Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

+54
PalmettoBlue
LesCousinsDangereux
shii405
Darth Dementor
C.V
Forsythia
Airemyn
adamdrivershair
reylo1992
nemapasara
SanghaRen
Night Huntress
RosiePancake
EchoBase
panki
MoonFyre
Blood Moon
tukicarreno
Kessel
Cowgirlsamurai
gwendy85
Moonjump05
Tex
Piper Maru
Saracene
AceofWands
FrolickingFizzgig
MindAndMagic
MrsWindu
SoloSideCousin
Moonlight13
DarthRen
snufkin
ReyofLightSide
Darth Rowan
Anakin Skywalker
Irina de France
nite0wl29
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
MissG
Xylo Ren
Darth Dingbat
Mana
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
Man Without A Star
SkyStar
Lily Snape
Rei of Sunshine
ISeeAnIsland
SheLitAFire
rey09
IoJovi
58 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 Empty Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by tukicarreno Tue 14 Nov 2017, 1:26 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:@Forsythia She doesn't look insignificant but attracts attention because she's in red. Also, the sheer size of her cape makes her figure a matching side to Luke and Kylo. Plus, she's centered. You really see her and Kylo (gorgeous red/black contrast) first. At least it works for me.
@vaderito

Right! It's like the black and red "Let the past die/Fulfill your destiny" marketing, which is incredible in and of itself. Also, she looks stunning cloaked in red *and* that shadow is a very interesting hint at things to come.
@SoloSideCousin

Exactly! Plus notice that Kylo and Rey are the only ones tilted the same direction.. Wink
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 Empty Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by vaderito Tue 14 Nov 2017, 1:43 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:@Forsythia She doesn't look insignificant but attracts attention because she's in red. Also, the sheer size of her cape makes her figure a matching side to Luke and Kylo. Plus, she's centered. You really see her and Kylo (gorgeous red/black contrast) first. At least it works for me.
@vaderito

Right! It's like the black and red "Let the past die/Fulfill your destiny" marketing, which is incredible in and of itself. Also, she looks stunning cloaked in red *and* that shadow is a very interesting hint at things to come.
@SoloSideCousin

"That shadow" is her Prince's cape, duh! Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 15 Nov 2017, 11:16 am

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 Tumblr_ozgyhd895x1v6hd68o1_1280

*insert sobbing*
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 15 Nov 2017, 11:17 am

So is that Rey-with-a-staff fighting Luke-with-a-stick or what?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 15 Nov 2017, 11:20 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:So is that Rey-with-a-staff fighting Luke-with-a-stick or what?
@Darth Dingbat
I think it's Rey sparring with Luke's walking stick.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 15 Nov 2017, 11:22 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:So is that Rey-with-a-staff fighting Luke-with-a-stick or what?
@Darth Dingbat
@FrolickingFizzgig

I would assume so, but she looks like she's about to fall off the edge Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Wed 15 Nov 2017, 11:43 am

there are speculations that it is Kylo, but I think these figures are almost same tall, so...
and they changed Kylos costume to be comfortable in motions, and now he will fight with cape?
Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 DOsHFH3XUAMAp6j
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 15 Nov 2017, 11:45 am

Anakin Skywalker wrote:there are speculations that it is Kylo, but I think these figures are almost same tall, so...
and they changed Kylos costume to be comfortable in motions, and now he will fight with cape?
@Anakin Skywalker

I also don’t see any cross guards on that saber. Unless he is turned at exactly the right angle, you’d see them. I’m convinced the figure in the left is Rey, and I’d say the opposing figure is Luke.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 15 Nov 2017, 11:54 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 Tumblr_ozgyhd895x1v6hd68o1_1280

*insert sobbing*
@FrolickingFizzgig

Love it! Our poor sad Kylo! That poster makes it look like Rey is protecting him fiercely! Wink

Regarding the cliff pic, it seems is Rey and Luke, maybe that is part of her Jedi training with him? Who knows..
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Wed 15 Nov 2017, 12:21 pm

tukicarreno wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 Tumblr_ozgyhd895x1v6hd68o1_1280

*insert sobbing*
@FrolickingFizzgig

Love it! Our poor sad Kylo! That poster makes it look like Rey is protecting him fiercely! Wink

Regarding the cliff pic, it seems is Rey and Luke, maybe that is part of her Jedi training with him? Who knows..
@tukicarreno

This one. I want this poster. I need this poster.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 15 Nov 2017, 12:29 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:there are speculations that it is Kylo, but I think these figures are almost same tall, so...
@Anakin Skywalker

I also don’t see any cross guards on that saber. Unless he is turned at exactly the right angle, you’d see them. I’m convinced the figure in the left is Rey, and I’d say the opposing figure is Luke.
@IoJovi

I think it's Luke too. She is fighting with her staff there. Would they have her fight Kylo with her staff? It doesn't seem likely. It would look really imbalanced, and if Kylo fights her, he needs the street cred for it to need to be lightsaber on lightsaber.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 15 Nov 2017, 1:00 pm

*insert sobbing*
@FrolickingFizzgig

What an amazing poster! It's so intense. I can't wait for the movie...

Anyway I don't think is Kylo and Rey fighting. It would be very unbalanced to her fighting him with her staff. I think it's Rey and Luke.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 15 Nov 2017, 1:20 pm

Poe and the TIE fghter look like they're part of a space version of North by NorthWest. Razz

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 F9e359075971c62f53307def32429c15--saint-james-eva-marie-saint

As for the hill side duel, it reminds me of this piece of art where the main duels from each movie are drawn in a row....

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 B5wIr1O

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 15 Nov 2017, 1:26 pm

All the posters together just for reference:

Teaser
Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 Img_0021

Theatrical
Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 Img_0022

International
Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 Img_0023

IMAX
Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 Img_0026

AMC Exclusive
Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 Img_0027
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 15 Nov 2017, 2:16 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Darth Dingbat
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Darth Dingbat

It's Rey with the staff and Luke with the walking stick alright. And she looks like she's about to fall which I think is what happens. remember that she has her Resistance garb on when she dives/falls and pulls herself up. So it's possible that Ireland witnesses got stuff mixed up, that it's Rey vs Luke what they saw but concluded it was Rey vs Kylo.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 15 Nov 2017, 2:27 pm

vaderito wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Darth Dingbat
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Darth Dingbat

It's Rey with the staff and Luke with the walking stick alright. And she looks like she's about to fall which I think is what happens. remember that she has her Resistance garb on when she dives/falls and pulls herself up. So it's possible that Ireland witnesses got stuff mixed up, that it's Rey vs Luke what they saw but concluded it was Rey vs Kylo.
@vaderito

It would have been an easy enough mistake to make, especially if Luke is in his dark brown costume (as expected) and the two were seen from a distance. Granted, you'd think that they'd have been able to identify Mark's gray hair vs. Adam's black hair, but depending on the personal bias of the observer, they just might not have believed that Luke was fighting his "daughter".
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 15 Nov 2017, 2:30 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Darth Dingbat
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Darth Dingbat

@vaderito

It would have been an easy enough mistake to make, especially if Luke is in his dark brown costume (as expected) and the two were seen from a distance.  Granted, you'd think that they'd have been able to identify Mark's gray hair vs. Adam's black hair, but depending on the personal bias of the observer, they just might not have believed that Luke was fighting his "daughter".
@ISeeAnIsland

Or he might've been wearing the hood and they just assumed Kylo will still be wearing his?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 15 Nov 2017, 2:35 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Darth Dingbat
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Darth Dingbat

@vaderito

It would have been an easy enough mistake to make, especially if Luke is in his dark brown costume (as expected) and the two were seen from a distance.  Granted, you'd think that they'd have been able to identify Mark's gray hair vs. Adam's black hair, but depending on the personal bias of the observer, they just might not have believed that Luke was fighting his "daughter".
@ISeeAnIsland

Or he might've been wearing the hood and they just assumed Kylo will still be wearing his?
@Cowgirlsamurai

Exactly. Very easy, innocent mistake to make.

ETA: And the Ireland shoot/reports happened before anyone knew anything about Kylo's TLJ costume. I think there was an early spoiler/leak that Kylo's look "wouldn't change much", so a dark, hooded Luke could have easily been mistaken for Kylo.

And everyone thought that the KoR would be a big deal in TLJ at that time...so I can also see the assumption that crew-members-in-black=KoR, which I'm thinking is the case at this point.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 15 Nov 2017, 2:45 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:  

@ISeeAnIsland

Or he might've been wearing the hood and they just assumed Kylo will still be wearing his?[/quote]
@Cowgirlsamurai

Would explain why reports said he was in his TFA clothes.

IMO, these create a sequence of some sort. One possible scenario:

Spoiler:

Luke may want Rey to face her fear of water but ordering her to jump or pushing her over the edge. Her face is positively pleading in the first image and she is dry.

Or... second possible scenario:

Luke pulls her up cause she isn't ready but later she makes a jump on her own when she is:

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 TLJ-22
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 15 Nov 2017, 6:03 pm

You know what bothers me about this new poster? Rey's saber goes from blue to red, while Kylo's is red all the way through. Kinda suggests she joins him on the dark side, as many thought "the hand" in the trailer was suggesting scratch
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Wed 15 Nov 2017, 6:14 pm

Ugh that TIE fighter looks like it is shooting at Leia.

The Cliff- I want it to be her and Kylo. It's very ambiguous and we know she dives or falls in. and it looks like sshe is falling backwards on the poster. It's dark when she goes in and comes up out of the water.

In the latest TV spot, Rey is practicing with her staff, then looks down at the lightsaber which is back in her bag, and she starts practicing with that. Does Luke give it back to her and is all, No thanks.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 15 Nov 2017, 6:17 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:You know what bothers me about this new poster? Rey's saber goes from blue to red, while Kylo's is red all the way through. Kinda suggests she joins him on the dark side, as many thought "the hand" in the trailer was suggesting scratch
@Cowgirlsamurai

Actually I think hers becomes more purple than red (at least on my phone?), so maybe she is the balance?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 15 Nov 2017, 6:23 pm

I believe this is another official poster?

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 Star_Wars_TLJ_2400

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 15 Nov 2017, 7:36 pm

panki wrote:Poe and the TIE fghter look like they're part of a space version of North by NorthWest. Razz

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 F9e359075971c62f53307def32429c15--saint-james-eva-marie-saint

As for the hill side duel, it reminds me of this piece of art where the main duels from each movie are drawn in a row....

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 10 B5wIr1O
@panki

Holy crap the drawings of all the saber duels are just beautiful! Shocked
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 15 Nov 2017, 7:42 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:You know what bothers me about this new poster? Rey's saber goes from blue to red, while Kylo's is red all the way through. Kinda suggests she joins him on the dark side, as many thought "the hand" in the trailer was suggesting scratch
@Cowgirlsamurai

Actually I think hers becomes more purple than red (at least on my phone?), so maybe she is the balance?
@SoloSideCousin

Oh interesting, yeah it looks more purple/pink to me...
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next