Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

+54
PalmettoBlue
LesCousinsDangereux
shii405
Darth Dementor
C.V
Forsythia
Airemyn
adamdrivershair
reylo1992
nemapasara
SanghaRen
Night Huntress
RosiePancake
EchoBase
panki
MoonFyre
Blood Moon
tukicarreno
Kessel
Cowgirlsamurai
gwendy85
Moonjump05
Tex
Piper Maru
Saracene
AceofWands
FrolickingFizzgig
MindAndMagic
MrsWindu
SoloSideCousin
Moonlight13
DarthRen
snufkin
ReyofLightSide
Darth Rowan
Anakin Skywalker
Irina de France
nite0wl29
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
MissG
Xylo Ren
Darth Dingbat
Mana
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
Man Without A Star
SkyStar
Lily Snape
Rei of Sunshine
ISeeAnIsland
SheLitAFire
rey09
IoJovi
58 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 11 Empty Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 15 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm

rey09 wrote:I believe this is another official poster?

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 11 Star_Wars_TLJ_2400
@rey09

Wow! Where did this one come from? We need some analysis on the triangle, the star, the red and white planet if this is official. Very Happy @panki
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 11 Empty Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by rey09 Wed 15 Nov 2017, 9:24 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:

@rey09

Wow! Where did this one come from? We need some analysis on the triangle, the star, the red and white planet if this is official. Very Happy   @panki
@SoloSideCousin By this graphic artist midnight marauder? http://midnight-marauder.com/new-gallery-78/
It seems like he was commissioned to do this, just based on how official his website and poster look? 
I was wondering if the planet is Jakku because it goes well with kylo's line "let the past die"- for her past lies in Jakku. It's as if Kylo is telling her this and she is contemplating. If so, it's quite beautiful...

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 15 Nov 2017, 9:25 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:

@rey09

Wow! Where did this one come from? We need some analysis on the triangle, the star, the red and white planet if this is official. Very Happy @panki
@SoloSideCousin

In a way it reminds me of the Star of Bethlehem in other artwork ("savior is born")
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 15 Nov 2017, 9:47 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@rey09

@SoloSideCousin

In a way it reminds me of the Star of Bethlehem in other artwork ("savior is born")
@SheLitAFire

Right. Add that to the fact that Kylo/Ben was the sun(son) reborn too.

All those stars and the purple are very interesting too. Kylo has often been portrayed with stars and I think people saw actual constellations in the teaser poster.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 16 Nov 2017, 2:59 am

It reminds me slightly of the McQuarrie concept poster when Luke was meant to be a woman Smile

Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 11 C81IsydUAAAwi1J
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 16 Nov 2017, 4:11 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@rey09

@SoloSideCousin

@SheLitAFire

Right. Add that to the fact that Kylo/Ben was the sun(son) reborn too.

All those stars and the purple are very interesting too. Kylo has often been portrayed with stars and I think people saw actual constellations in the teaser poster.
@SoloSideCousin

Also, Rey's staff seems to cut the planet in half. And given its coloring, the planet does seem to have its own dualistic element too.

In addition, Rey's staff also bisects her and the triangles which also fits with duality *and* with two parts coming together.

Finally, the star has the multi-pointed look of the Jedi star in the ancient book and the teaser poster I believe.

@Darth Dingbat, that McQuarrie poster is really interesting. There is a duality aspect to that planet that I don't think that we have ever seen in SW marketing until this movie. I mean obviously there was always light and dark, but that is a real half-and-half/equal footing depiction of light and dark in that old poster. The OT eventually made the dark an abomination, but maybe the early concept had the dark and the light as more of an interdependent system, which seems to be where we are heading now.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 16 Nov 2017, 9:28 am

@rey09

I think that's fan art, not an official poster. Still beautiful though.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 16 Nov 2017, 10:18 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:You know what bothers me about this new poster? Rey's saber goes from blue to red, while Kylo's is red all the way through. Kinda suggests she joins him on the dark side, as many thought "the hand" in the trailer was suggesting scratch
@Cowgirlsamurai

Actually I think hers becomes more purple than red (at least on my phone?), so maybe she is the balance?
@SoloSideCousin

I hope you are right Very Happy I didn't even notice it until I saw some comments on FB about Rey's color changing saber and that it could imply a switch of sides. On the Japanese poster where Luke's holding the saber, it's blue all the way through. An interesting contrast...
Of course the color changing saber is also shown on the teaser poster along with the suggestion of a cross guard, and then there were the two posters side by side where a light flare made Rey's saber look like it had a cross guard. I really want to know what all the saber symbolism is about. Laughing
I wonder if instead of going "dark," Rey has to do something that's morally iffy for the sake of the Resistance, or balancing the Force. She and Kylo are definitely going to end up in some common gray zone.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 16 Nov 2017, 11:01 am

I actually think Kylo's lightsabre looks yellow closer to the hilt in the new (Dolby) poster. Like a warm yellow flame.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 16 Nov 2017, 11:09 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:I actually think Kylo's lightsabre looks yellow closer to the hilt in the new (Dolby) poster. Like a warm yellow flame.
@Darth Dingbat

Yeah, Kylo's saber isn't a true red. Isn't it described somewhere as having a "flickering, red-yellow" blade? The novel? Can't remember.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 16 Nov 2017, 11:25 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:I actually think Kylo's lightsabre looks yellow closer to the hilt in the new (Dolby) poster. Like a warm yellow flame.
@Darth Dingbat

Yeah, Kylo's saber isn't a true red. Isn't it described somewhere as having a "flickering, red-yellow" blade? The novel? Can't remember.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Probably the novel too - but I do remember the script specified it as "yellow-red". I've always wondered if the crystal was yellow in its unbroken state, before it cracked for whatever reason Smile
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 16 Nov 2017, 11:37 am

tukicarreno wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 11 Tumblr_ozgyhd895x1v6hd68o1_1280

*insert sobbing*
@FrolickingFizzgig

Love it! Our poor sad Kylo! That poster makes it look like Rey is protecting him fiercely! Wink

Regarding the cliff pic, it seems is Rey and Luke, maybe that is part of her Jedi training with him? Who knows..
@tukicarreno

I see her blade as going to pink/purple while Kylo's has yellow undertones, giving it an orange look, almost. Certainly, it's not the red I associate with the Sith.
And the TFA poster I have in my office has the yellow in Kylo's saber as well.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 16 Nov 2017, 11:40 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

@Cowgirlsamurai

Probably the novel too - but I do remember the script specified it as "yellow-red". I've always wondered if the crystal was yellow in its unbroken state, before it cracked for whatever reason Smile
@Darth Dingbat

Maybe he was trying to be all extra by making a yellow lightsaber, but it didn't workout (darn it!) Razz
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 16 Nov 2017, 1:21 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Darth Dingbat

Maybe he was trying to be all extra by making a yellow lightsaber, but it didn't workout (darn it!) Razz
@Cowgirlsamurai

Actually I think that there is some SW lore significance to a yellow saber, like it was the saber of the Temple Guards who were always masked. @panki, @Darth Dingbat, @Irina De France?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Thu 16 Nov 2017, 1:47 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Darth Dingbat

@Cowgirlsamurai

Actually I think that there is some SW lore significance to a yellow saber, like it was the saber of the Temple Guards who were always masked. @panki, @Darth Dingbat, @Irina De France?
@SoloSideCousin

In the Legends continuity, Jedi Sentinels had a yellow lightsaber. Sentinels were basically the Jack-of-All-Trades Jedi, as opposed to the Jedi Guardians who trained more in combat, and Jedi Consulars who focused on Force powers and diplomacy. In the new canon, it seems to be either blue or green, except for the Jedi Temple Guards. They were a special unit in the Jedi Order, mainly because with the robes and the masks they would wear, it was a symbol of the ultimate detachment, to the point they didn't even have an identity of their own anymore.

With that in mind, I don't think that Kylo's lightsaber would turn to yellow if the kyber crystal was "fixed", but the yellow piercing through the bleeding red could be symbolizing that he's trying to let go of his true identity, as per Snoke's demands, but it's too hard...
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Thu 16 Nov 2017, 4:05 pm

tukicarreno wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 11 Tumblr_ozgyhd895x1v6hd68o1_1280

*insert sobbing*
@FrolickingFizzgig

Love it! Our poor sad Kylo! That poster makes it look like Rey is protecting him fiercely! Wink

Regarding the cliff pic, it seems is Rey and Luke, maybe that is part of her Jedi training with him? Who knows..
@tukicarreno

Not only that, I think. I have got a feeling from the poster that Kylo will sacrifice himself. His sad face is looking like it is the last meeting ("We will not see each other again" kind of way). And his hand in line of Tie's firing. It looks like Kylo is trying to protect the good guys. I could be wrong but this is my interpretation and the feeling I have got when I saw it for the first time. Smile
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 16 Nov 2017, 5:18 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:

*insert sobbing*
@FrolickingFizzgig

@tukicarreno

Not only that, I think. I have got a feeling from the poster that Kylo will sacrifice himself. His sad face is looking like it is the last meeting ("We will not see each other again" kind of way). And his hand in line of Tie's firing. It looks like Kylo is trying to protect the good guys. I could be wrong but this is my interpretation and the feeling I have got when I saw it for the first time. Smile
@Geralt_Riv

Same strange feeling as you. And this is already a feeling that I got from this poster in particular where I saw some parallel with the Jack of Heart aka as Christi card (associated to Christi spirit of sacrificial love)
Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 11 Tumblr56

@tukicarreno I have the same feeling and this is not the first time that it is pointed out on the forum that Rey seems to protects Kylo, i.e. like in this poster. @shii405pointed out she kinda looks like his bodyguard and I agree:
Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi - Page 11 Star-w15
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11