Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

+76
AceofWands
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
SheLitAFire
SanghaRen
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
nite0wl29
ISeeAnIsland
Tex
Moonjump05
Kylo Men
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Reylo Lemon
MrsWindu
lauvamp
vaderito
Piper Maru
Kylo Rey
spacebaby45678
Cowgirlsamurai
Anakin Skywalker
DarthRen
rey09
SoloSideCousin
ReyofLightSide
LesCousinsDangereux
SkyStar
PalmettoBlue
Atenais
Helix
Maria26
liveinsummee
Lovely_Rose
colibri
MyOnlyHope
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
EchoBase
Lucina
BenSoloLives
special_cases
BigDeal2187
Armadeus
Moonlight13
RosiePancake
Blood Moon
Little_Boots
motherofpearl1
MoonFyre
tukicarreno
adamdrivershair
reylo1992
panki
DeeBee
Lily Snape
Saracene
Irina de France
Birdwoman
Kyla Ren
Rimfaxe96
Xylo Ren
Geralt_Riv
Mana
LadyHa
Kessel
Krafty
Rei of Sunshine
shii405
snufkin
MindAndMagic
fuhry
Forsythia
80 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by DarthRen Thu 02 Nov 2017, 12:18 pm

@reylo1992

Good thinking.

I don't think Snoke needs his appearance, I mean we have Serkis voicing him and Adam then would work very limited role. I think he needs his powers if anything, doesn't have to return to his youth. But also he'll want Rey's powers darkness and light. Kylo represents darkness and Rey light.

This is why we have two torture chairs and if you look closely, from the main trailer it looks like Rey is on that chair to the right, angle kinda fits. Positioning of PG warrior in the background and Snoke's throne. Just don't see that storage for Force lightning or powers we saw in the toy set.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 19 9mmD8Yi

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 19 RWkxQtb

FO and Snoke will have to gain something and win. Supremacy will be their loss, Crait probably [ not sure] their win and Kylo's powers for Snoke.

Last edited by DarthRen on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by snufkin Thu 02 Nov 2017, 12:19 pm

@Tex - hope you get some Shiner Bock and queso for your party!

Back in ye olden days of this forum, the joke was that when you have Kylo unmasked with Snoke and Hux shows up to drag/gloat at him about his crush on Rey, that it was basically the kid getting called into the headmaster's office because he snuck a girl into his room. I don't even really get the whole fantasy hate sex scenario some fans have between the two of them. I mean, okay I get why two gorgeous young men who hate each other and are rivals could fuel somebody's hate sex fantasies. But those two plus Andy Serkis (who should just get all the roles handed to Ricky Gervais because he's so much a better actor and so much of a nicer human being) are like The Office in Space. Sniping over who gets to be assistant regional vice manager. Hux and Phasma are the good employees. Versus Kylo, who was literally grandfathered in. Which is why Leslie Jones' line in the Undercover Boss skit about "you got a cousin who works here?!" is brilliant on multiple levels. JJ even calls Hux the teacher's pet and we know that Hux had zero problems with killing his father with Phasma's help as a power play. He's there as a foil to Ben as the entitled legacy kid who's an a**hole and only cares about the position/power he believes he deserves. If they're going to be really obvious about it, I'd put money on Hux trying something to hurt Rey as a way of point scoring against Kylo/getting in good with the boss.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Thu 02 Nov 2017, 1:57 pm

Something to consider...I found this on Tumblr. What if this shot of Rey...
The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 19 Kexf9w

is suppose to be this?
The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 19 27x46tc

She looks awful p*ssed off here. It's either Luke's "this isn't going to go the way you think it will" moment OR after duel moment with Kylo and he says something to her that makes her want to listen to him.
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Thu 02 Nov 2017, 2:41 pm

nite0wl29 wrote:Something to consider...I found this on Tumblr. What if this shot of Rey...

is suppose to be this?

She looks awful p*ssed off here. It's either Luke's "this isn't going to go the way you think it will" moment OR after duel moment with Kylo and he says something to her that makes her want to listen to him.
@nite0wl29

Wow, great catch. Her letting go of the saber looks a lot more natural than her grabbing the saber.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Thu 02 Nov 2017, 3:15 pm

Someone on tumblr suggested that Snoke might be trying to merge Rey and Kylo in the Throne Room. I don't know how they got that idea, but it sounds scary and could give a new meaning to "Rey and Kylo are almost two halves of our protagonist" Neutral
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Thu 02 Nov 2017, 3:19 pm

Tex wrote:
nite0wl29 wrote:Something to consider...I found this on Tumblr. What if this shot of Rey...

is suppose to be this?

@nite0wl29

Wow, great catch. Her letting go of the saber looks a lot more natural than her grabbing the saber.
@Tex

Yes I think it is likely this is time reversed. But would not the raindrops be going upwards in the original in that case? They seem to be going down in both cases (maybe seeing it in very slow motion might help).

It seems more likely her left hand is letting go of the lightdaber. Also - in the reversed one, ie when letting go- it looks to me as if she exhales at the end, when her lightsaber is pointing down, which makes more sense. But maybe I am imagining things Smile
I am 60%-40% on this (60% she is letting go).

IF what is the in the trailer is indeed reversed  to what is actualy happening, then this would be the first actual misdirection in the trailers. (They show her about to attack somene, when the reverse is true)
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Thu 02 Nov 2017, 3:48 pm

I agree that the second one looks more natural. I think Rey's movements work in both versions, but her surroundings seemed a bit off in the trailer (the sparks in the right bottom corner when the lightsaber strikes something off-screen, or the lens flare going up bothered me), they are more unobtrusive in the second version.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucina Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:04 pm

Forsythia wrote:Someone on tumblr suggested that Snoke might be trying to merge Rey and Kylo in the Throne Room. I don't know how they got that idea, but it sounds scary and could give a new meaning to "Rey and Kylo are almost two halves of our protagonist" Neutral
@Forsythia

Shocked

Now I have to think of this...

ROFL

That would be really disturbing...But I doubt it.
Lucina
Lucina
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:09 pm

ZioRen wrote:nonibear11 on Tumblr just posted this before and after of Kylo and....wow it's striking. "When life has kicked your a**" indeed!

Someone on the post commented that they misread the caption as "When your wife has kicked your a**". Which, as it happens, also fits very well.  Laughing

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 19 Tumblr_oyrsq9cdd81v30h62o1_540
The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 19 Tumblr_oyrsq9cdd81v30h62o2_540
@ZioRen

Ok, so maybe what I am about to say is considered heresy here, but I do not like how Kylo looks in TFA especially in the interrogation scene. I prefer how he looks in the snowy forest fight and also in his confrontation with Han. (the only two other scenes where he is without his mask).

And he looks much better in all the shots we have seen in TLJ (smashing helmet, flying the tie fighter, brandishing the his lightsaber, extending his hand to Rey). Much much better, and nothing to do with the scar, but mostly with his haircut and how the hair is styled. It frames his face in a much more flattering way. And this last image just before he is about to smash the helmet is the best one yet Smile

And also any other photos of AD I have seen online (eg from interviews etc), he always looks more attractive than how he looks in the TFA interrogation scene (again just in my subjective opinion, don't eat me Smile. It is strange that in the scene where JJ wanted him to look like a handsome prince, he looks the least handsome in my opinion. The make-up, lighting and hair is all wrong. Different things suit different people, and this definitely does not suit AD.

Eg flawless baby white skin with pink cheeks may suit some baby-faced, cute-looking younger actor, not AD. The intense/ harsh light makes his face and features more angular and pronounced. The fluffy hair styled backwards and way from his face, make his face appear even longer, and the lower part of his face extremely triangular. He just looks weird.

In contrast in TLJ the hair framing his face is much better, making his face look rounder/ more rectangular. And the lighting is softer (which generally is more flattering for everyone). You can take away the scar and the bruise, and he still looks a million times better than he looked in TFA. To be frank, this is my only worry with JJ returning to direct episode 9. That he will make Kylo look less attractive (as evidently JJ thinks someone looks attractive if - and only if- they have shiny voluminous hair Smile
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:10 pm

Forsythia wrote:Someone on tumblr suggested that Snoke might be trying to merge Rey and Kylo in the Throne Room. I don't know how they got that idea, but it sounds scary and could give a new meaning to "Rey and Kylo are almost two halves of our protagonist" Neutral
@Forsythia

It's more likely he wants to merge their raw power... the question is- what will he do if he succeed. Somehow I doubt the force could be "sucked" out like from a car battery... Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucina Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:14 pm

LesCousinsDangereux wrote:
ZioRen wrote:nonibear11 on Tumblr just posted this before and after of Kylo and....wow it's striking. "When life has kicked your a**" indeed!

Someone on the post commented that they misread the caption as "When your wife has kicked your a**". Which, as it happens, also fits very well.  Laughing

@ZioRen

Ok, so maybe what I am about to say is considered heresy here, but I do not like how Kylo looks in TFA especially in the interrogation scene. I prefer how he looks in the snowy forest fight and also in his confrontation with Han. (the only two other scenes where he is without his mask).

And he looks much better in all the shots we have seen in TLJ (smashing helmet, flying the tie fighter, brandishing the his lightsaber, extending his hand to Rey). Much much better, and nothing to do with the scar, but mostly with his haircut and how the hair is styled. It frames his face in a much more flattering way. And this last image just before he is about to smash the helmet is the best one yet Smile

And also any other photos of AD I have seen online (eg from interviews etc), he always looks more attractive than how he looks in the TFA interrogation scene (again just in my subjective opinion, don't eat me Smile. It is strange that in the scene where JJ wanted him to look like a handsome prince, he looks the least handsome in my opinion. The make-up, lighting and hair is all wrong. Different things suit different people, and this definitely does not suit AD.

Eg flawless baby white skin with pink cheeks may suit some baby-faced, cute-looking younger actor, not AD. The intense/ harsh light makes his face and features more angular and pronounced. The fluffy hair styled backwards and way from his face, make his face appear even longer, and the lower part of his face extremely triangular. He just looks weird.

In contrast in TLJ the hair framing his face is much better, making his face look rounder/ more rectangular. And the lighting is softer (which generally is more flattering for everyone). You can take away the scar and the bruise, and he still looks a million times better than he looked in TFA. To be frank, this is my only worry with JJ returning to direct episode 9. That he will make Kylo look less attractive (as evidently JJ thinks someone looks attractive if - and only if- they have shiny voluminous hair Smile
@LesCousinsDangereux

I have to agree with you Approves
Lucina
Lucina
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:19 pm

Nice mini- trailer, everyone looks so anxious and worried(Luke,Leia,Rey and Kylo) Only Finn is having fun flying;) I never was a Luke fan but he looks amazing, love his much darker look!
Can't wait for all the conflict and backstory for these characters in the film.
The only strange thing was Snoke's voice, it didn't sound so menacing like in the other fragments.
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:22 pm

I don't think there's any fear that JJ would go back to TFA look. There's a reason why Kylo looked that way - he had to give the prince vibe and he did. Now his character is suffering internally and externally and they have confidence in the performance so he looks more like Adam. IMO, it's a great transition and the effect of his current look wouldn't be as striking without his TFA look preceding it.

We don't know where Kylo will end up at the end of TLJ, both mentally and physically, but I've no doubt there will be no reason for hair spray from TFA to return.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:25 pm

You can take away the scar and the bruise, and he still looks a million times better than he looked in TFA. To be frank, this is my only worry with JJ returning to direct episode 9. That he will make Kylo look less attractive (as evidently JJ thinks someone looks attractive if - and only if- they have shiny voluminous hair

@LesCousinsDangereux

While I like Kylo's look in TFA, particularly the snow fight scenes, I hope the look was intentional, in the context that he's suppose to look young, clean-cut and even a little pompous and full of himself. He's overly done up so that once we get to the snow fight and eventually TLJ we see a progression in his physical/mental state as well as him maturing as a character.

As for JJ, this is something that worries me too. JJ has a history of overdoing the makeup on his actors. If you watch his Star Trek films you can see the heavy lipstick and foundation on all the male characters, it's very jarring in the close-ups.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:28 pm

@Forsythia

I mean talk about shocking destiny. They're not gonna kil lthem both but this is not a bad idea.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:29 pm

I prefer JJ's gaze... he found the best pretty facial angles for the actors in TFA.. .. So far from what I have seen of TLJ if you have a bad angle as an actor RJ will find it. Mad
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:33 pm

@Night Huntress

Imagine mergining Adam and Daisy. Kinda hot and creepy at the same time. lol! lol! lol!
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:37 pm

@ZioRen

@LesCousinsDangereux

No apologies needed! We all have our distinct favorite versions of Kylo. I’m more like you - I enjoy hot mess, poor decision making-snow fight Kylo. My mom prefers interrogation Kylo. I thought she was having a coronary she gasped so loud when he first took off his mask in front of Rey in the theater. Laughing

I do love they are really getting across the effect killing his father had on him. Though he looks great in both shots, the fact he’s not in a good place in TLJ is very visible and I haven’t even seen the movie yet...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:41 pm

@ZioRen

@LesCousinsDangereux

I must admit that I found him very attractive during the first seconds after the unmasking. But that shot of him in TLJ is my favorite one now.
Rian didn't lie when he said that we will see his armor crack. Sure, he looks messed up, exhausted, extinguished but he looks definitely more real.In the interrogation scene, he is a juvenile fake beauty that reminds me a little of Dorian Gray.

That's what the difference between the two shots tell me.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:44 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:I prefer JJ's gaze... he found the best pretty facial angles for the actors in TFA.. .. So far from what I have seen of TLJ if you have a bad angle as an actor RJ will find it. Mad
@spacebaby45678

The nose shot off Kylo wasn't very pretty Wink  so far I'm more in love with RJ's take on it. Everybody looks more real. Like they are ready for a mental breakdown.

Last edited by Blood Moon on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:44 pm

I'm sure Adams hair looks less fluffy in TLJ, because he let Daisy make his hair. However she messed it up intentionally, so he doesn't look prettier than her.

Last edited by EchoBase on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:48 pm

I'd seen a couple episodes of Girls and Tracks (Robyn Davidson's memoir is one of my all-time favorite books & I'd bet some of KK inspiration for the ST has to do with that movie) and when the helmet came off I was like "WTF?" Like I knew what was going on with his hair because I've had stylists do that to my hair at the end of a session. And you can't not tell me that somebody shaped/waxed his eyebrows. They went for a very specific look, which oddly enough matches more the ADF description of Rey's first impression of Ben being that he looked oddly sensitive and like any ordinary young man she'd encounter in her comings and goings at Niima Station. The TLJ photo looks more like the Kogge version, where Rey's first impression of Ben was that he was a student who took no joy in his studies, who only perceives the great problems of the universe, and knows none of its small pleasures.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 5:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 02 Nov 2017, 4:58 pm

Blood Moon wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:I prefer JJ's gaze... he found the best pretty facial angles for the actors in TFA.. .. So far from what I have seen of TLJ if you have a bad angle as an actor RJ will find it. Mad
@spacebaby45678

The nose shot off Kylo wasn't very pretty Wink  so far I'm more in love with RJ's take on it. Everybody looks more real. Like they are ready for a mental breakdown.
@Blood Moon

It is more than just the bad angles of the actors faces, there is just something Confus .. I am not sure yet because I will have to see the whole movie before I really make a judgement..
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Thu 02 Nov 2017, 5:03 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Blood Moon wrote:
@spacebaby45678

@Blood Moon

It is more than just the bad angles of the actors faces, there is just something Confus .. I am not sure yet because I will have to see the whole movie before I really make a judgement..
@spacebaby45678

Sure only the movie will tell but from what I have seen of the cinematography I'm getting excited! There are beautiful shots in TFA but for me there were lots of mwah shots too. And it's a personal preference thing in the end Smile
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Thu 02 Nov 2017, 5:04 pm

EchoBase wrote:I'm sure Adams hair look less fluffy in TLJ, because he let Daisy make his hair. However she messed it up intentionally, so he doesn't look prettier than her.

@EchoBase

Ha! Here's the best answer to all of our questions! Razz
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next