Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

+76
AceofWands
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
SheLitAFire
SanghaRen
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
nite0wl29
ISeeAnIsland
Tex
Moonjump05
Kylo Men
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Reylo Lemon
MrsWindu
lauvamp
vaderito
Piper Maru
Kylo Rey
spacebaby45678
Cowgirlsamurai
Anakin Skywalker
DarthRen
rey09
SoloSideCousin
ReyofLightSide
LesCousinsDangereux
SkyStar
PalmettoBlue
Atenais
Helix
Maria26
liveinsummee
Lovely_Rose
colibri
MyOnlyHope
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
EchoBase
Lucina
BenSoloLives
special_cases
BigDeal2187
Armadeus
Moonlight13
RosiePancake
Blood Moon
Little_Boots
motherofpearl1
MoonFyre
tukicarreno
adamdrivershair
reylo1992
panki
DeeBee
Lily Snape
Saracene
Irina de France
Birdwoman
Kyla Ren
Rimfaxe96
Xylo Ren
Geralt_Riv
Mana
LadyHa
Kessel
Krafty
Rei of Sunshine
shii405
snufkin
MindAndMagic
fuhry
Forsythia
80 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 4 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by LadyHa Fri 20 Oct 2017, 5:10 pm

I've been amusing myself by entertaining the idea that Kylo could be gazing at someone besides Rey in the last shot. Luke? Poe? Leia (well, maaaybe...but the outstretched hand?) It just makes me laugh! It really appears to be his trademark Entranced-By-Rey stare!
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 4 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:19 pm

Anakin Skywalker wrote:guys have you seen fb messenger has added SW filter, you can be Kylo Very Happy
as I saw there is only Kylo, which is interesting... so whos the most popular character ? ))))
@Anakin Skywalker

It's a strange Kylo to me though scratch It's like Palpatine's robe over Kylo's tunic + scar and red saber?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Fri 20 Oct 2017, 7:10 pm

I really love how he looks at her like amazed. We're so lucky that they chose a great actor as Adam. A regular or mediocre actor could make this character too cheese or ridiculous.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 4 210

Anyway, I just want to tell that some signatures here should be forbidden. I can't stop to look at them.

Last edited by Atenais on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 20 Oct 2017, 7:35 pm

This too- even after she slashes his face, HE IS STILL AWESTRUCK. 
Should be thinking: I hate her!!
Really thinking: Our destinies are intertwined!! 

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 4 Kylo-Ren-GIF-by-reylo-musings-tumblr-kylo-ren-39431081-400-196

The dude has always been so into her raw power, and she's just warming up!!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Fri 20 Oct 2017, 8:08 pm

rey09 wrote:This too- even after she slashes his face, HE IS STILL AWESTRUCK. 
Should be thinking: I hate her!!
Really thinking: Our destinies are intertwined!! 

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 4 Kylo-Ren-GIF-by-reylo-musings-tumblr-kylo-ren-39431081-400-196

The dude has always been so into her raw power, and she's just warming up!!!
@rey09

Amazing how people try to deny it. Seems like I was watching another movie. But I was remember something that happened when I watched TFA with friends. A friend of mine was kind disappointed when he took off his mask, I was just remembering her words, she said, "he is... too pretty". Yes, not handsome, but pretty. Like, the villain shouldn't be pretty like that. Cool
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa Fri 20 Oct 2017, 8:38 pm

Atenais wrote:

Amazing how people try to deny it. Seems like I was watching another movie. But I was remember something that happened when I watched TFA with friends. A friend of mine was kind disappointed when he took off his mask, I was just remembering her words, she said, "he is... too pretty". Yes, not handsome, but pretty. Like, the villain shouldn't be pretty like that. Cool
@Atenais

Somehow, Kylo just confuses the hell out of a lot of people.  Too pretty, yet not good looking enough, not enough of a bad guy, yet the most evil person ever for the Unforgiveable Act of Han. It's gratifying (yet also slightly annoying) that it took the relatively heavy-handedness of this trailer for many viewers to finally consider the Reylo Connection (cue a singalong with the Muppets: "Someday they'll see it; the Reylo Connection, the Shippers, the Dreamers, and Me" [sorry,Laughing] ).  But, to me, the trailer is not actually more direct than bridal-carry, interrogation innuendo, and finding the Force together.
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Fri 20 Oct 2017, 8:51 pm

LadyHa wrote:Somehow, Kylo just confuses the hell out of a lot of people.  Too pretty, yet not good looking enough, not enough of a bad guy, yet the most evil person ever for the Unforgiveable Act of Han.
@LadyHa

IMO, these characteristics make his character so intriguing. Somehow, his odd combination of conflicting nuances maximizes his appeal.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Fri 20 Oct 2017, 10:27 pm

Atenais wrote:Anyway, I want to ask if people already talked about how the title is being translated, in my country "the last Jedi" is in plural form.
It's been translated like that in many countries:
France: Les Derniers Jedi
Germany: Die letzten Jedi
Italy: Gli ultimi Jedi
Spain: Los últimos Jedi

It seems too big of a coincidence that all of them chose the plural form, when the first film already defined Luke as "the last Jedi" in the opening scrawl and the singular form would have been the obvious choice. Maybe the film title was meant to be ambiguous and they decided the plural made more sense for the film or maybe they were told the title was meant to be plural. If we get a flashback to Luke's Jedi Academy and Luke doesn't consider himself a Jedi anymore in the present time, his students could have been the last Jedi. Or maybe Rey becomes a Jedi and the title refers to her and Luke, because Luke then decides they will be the last Jedi.

There is a similar title problem with Return of the Jedi or Revenge of the Sith, because both are ambiguous. In Germany, both titles are in plural.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Oct 2017, 11:19 pm

LadyHa wrote:
Atenais wrote:

@Atenais

Somehow, Kylo just confuses the hell out of a lot of people.  Too pretty, yet not good looking enough, not enough of a bad guy, yet the most evil person ever for the Unforgiveable Act of Han. It's gratifying (yet also slightly annoying) that it took the relatively heavy-handedness of this trailer for many viewers to finally consider the Reylo Connection (cue a singalong with the Muppets: "Someday they'll see it; the Reylo Connection, the Shippers, the Dreamers, and Me" [sorry,] ).  But, to me, the trailer is not actually more direct than bridal-carry, interrogation innuendo, and finding the Force together.
@LadyHa

They pretty much beat the audience over the head with Reylo in TFA, but people do turn a blind eye to it. For me, it was hard not to see it. I mean, they coiffered and primped him to within an inch of his life when in the interrogation scene, and amid all the turmoil of what goes on at SK base and with Han, he is completely taken with her. The Finding the Force moment pretty much cemented it for me; literally all he had to do was gently nudge her off the cliff or stab her when her eyes were shut or anything. But what does he do? Soul gaze at her. Cousins? Sure, Jan.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 20 Oct 2017, 11:33 pm

I found this on reddit...the Taiwanese subtitles for the trailer might indicate the gender of who Snoke and Luke are speaking to in some cases:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/77qach/taiwanese_trailer_subtitles_may_indicate_who_luke/

I've noticed the moment when Snoke says "When I found you", the subtitle uses the feminine "you" which is "妳" as oppose to the gender neutral "you" which is "你". The former is the combination the word "女", which means female and "尔" which means you; while the latter is gender neutral that can be used to indicates female and male, but mainly used for male.

This means that when Snoke says "When I found you", Snoke is talking to a female character, which in my opinion is most likely Rey at this point.

After that, near the end of the trailer, when Snoke says "Fulfill your destiny", the "you" the subtitle wrote is now "你", which means that Snoke talking to a male character now. So at this point, Snoke is not probably referring to Kylo or other male characters. Lastly, when Luke says "This is not going to go the way you think" , the "you" again is written "你", which means the Luke is talking to a male character. At this point, Luke is probably not talking to Rey, but someone else.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sat 21 Oct 2017, 1:37 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I found this on reddit...the Taiwanese subtitles for the trailer might indicate the gender of who Snoke and Luke are speaking to in some cases:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/77qach/taiwanese_trailer_subtitles_may_indicate_who_luke/

I've noticed the moment when Snoke says "When I found you", the subtitle uses the feminine "you" which is "妳" as oppose to the gender neutral "you" which is "你". The former is the combination the word "女", which means female and "尔" which means you; while the latter is gender neutral that can be used to indicates female and male, but mainly used for male.

This means that when Snoke says "When I found you", Snoke is talking to a female character, which in my opinion is most likely Rey at this point.

After that, near the end of the trailer, when Snoke says "Fulfill your destiny", the "you" the subtitle wrote is now "你", which means that Snoke talking to a male character now. So at this point, Snoke is not probably referring to Kylo or other male characters. Lastly, when Luke says "This is not going to go the way you think" , the "you" again is written "你", which means the Luke is talking to a male character. At this point, Luke is probably not talking to Rey, but someone else.
@ISeeAnIsland

Snoke's lines have been speculated on- but I haven't seen Luke's! So Luke could be talking to Kylo "it isn't going to go the way you think"

Makes sense, he seemed a bit too angry to be talking to Rey there. Maybe Luke is warning Kylo off?

I guess he could be talking to Chewie too, there was that one rumor the Luke is pissed at Chewie.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 21 Oct 2017, 1:46 am

I don't know how much you can trust the foreign language translations or subtitles at this point. We were mislead to believe that 'Jedi' in 'The Last Jedi' was plural, because that was how the translated versions interpreted it, when in fact it was supposed to be singular.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 21 Oct 2017, 6:43 am

Atenais wrote:I really love how he looks at her like amazed. We're so lucky that they chose a great actor as Adam. A regular or mediocre actor could make this character too cheese or ridiculous.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 4 210

Anyway, I just want to tell that some signatures here should be forbidden. I can't stop to look at them.
@Atenais

His resemblance to Harrison there never ceases to amaze me!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 21 Oct 2017, 8:47 am

Mana wrote:I don't know how much you can trust the foreign language translations or subtitles at this point. We were mislead to believe that 'Jedi' in 'The Last Jedi' was plural, because that was how the translated versions interpreted it, when in fact it was supposed to be singular.
@Mana

Rian said that the title at first belongs to Luke but as for the rest, he can't specify because it's the part of the story. Since we saw Rey in her Jedi-esque outfit and we know characters will choose their sides at the end. It might be possible that Rey will continue or somehow the title hints at Ben Solo.

Last edited by DarthRen on Sat 21 Oct 2017, 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 21 Oct 2017, 8:49 am

Foreign language translations are dead end. Nothing to see there. They are not clues or anything.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 21 Oct 2017, 8:52 am

vaderito wrote:Foreign language translations are dead end. Nothing to see there. They are not clues or anything.
@vaderito
Yep, if "official" translators can't even get the title of the movie right as-per the director, they aren't about to get specific spoken to male or female dialogue right.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sat 21 Oct 2017, 12:41 pm

I saw something on another site that said that Kylo's "Kill the past" lines are directed to a female, based on the gendering of the words in another language.

We know what that means, don't we?

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Sat 21 Oct 2017, 12:50 pm

Kylo Men wrote:I saw something on another site that said that Kylo's "Kill the past" lines are directed to a female, based on the gendering of the words in another language.  

@Kylo Men

While I agree it sounds like he'd be talking to Rey (possibly in the hut?) based on the pitch and whispery slow cadence he uses when addressing her... I don't think we can put a whole lot of stock into translated versions just yet. It's possible the translations are simply following the visual cues of the trailer. For example, when Snoke is talking at the beginning about the whole "when I found you..." and then it cuts to Rey, its very misleading and the translations could just be following along with what we see on screen. But I don't know, just after the whole Jedi single or Jedi plural debacle, I'm sitting tight until we actually get the film its self. But I want to believe!
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 21 Oct 2017, 1:14 pm

Krafty wrote:
Kylo Men wrote:I saw something on another site that said that Kylo's "Kill the past" lines are directed to a female, based on the gendering of the words in another language.  

@Kylo Men

While I agree it sounds like he'd be talking to Rey (possibly in the hut?) based on the pitch and whispery slow cadence he uses when addressing her... I don't think we can put a whole lot of stock into translated versions just yet. It's possible the translations are simply following the visual cues of the trailer. For example, when Snoke is talking at the beginning about the whole "when I found you..." and then it cuts to Rey, its very misleading and the translations could just be following along with what we see on screen. But I don't know, just after the whole Jedi single or Jedi plural debacle, I'm sitting tight until we actually get the film its self. But I want to believe!

@Krafty

It's definitely one of those we won't know for sure until we see the movie details. But oh boy is it hard for me to not think that Snoke's introductory voiceover has something to do with Rey. Because my original conclusion after seeing TFA the first time was that her parents hid her on Jakku and were murdered before they could return because it had something to do with what he's been up to. And his first appearance with Kylo is the same type of conversation the Emperor has with Vader about somebody's paternity (Han's in this case) the sudden appearance via the Force (Luke is a disturbance, Rey is an Awakening) of a "new enemy" who's the offspring of somebody the Big Bad eliminated as a threat. Both scenes were written by the same person, Lawrence Kasdan. It gets really hard for me to not think that something isn't going to be up between Rey and Snoke beyond him being the bad guy who's Kylo's boss.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 21 Oct 2017, 2:19 pm

Krafty wrote:

@Kylo Men

@Krafty

It might be Rey, but given that screen showed us her makes me wonder. Technically it fits Kylo but Snoke has been watching him for some time. I wouldn't doubt that has plans with her.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 21 Oct 2017, 5:02 pm

Mana wrote:I don't know how much you can trust the foreign language translations or subtitles at this point. We were mislead to believe that 'Jedi' in 'The Last Jedi' was plural, because that was how the translated versions interpreted it, when in fact it was supposed to be singular.
@Mana

Right. In the Russian trailer Luke doesn't even say - "this is not going to go the way you think", but "understand, the consequences will be unchangeable."
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sat 21 Oct 2017, 5:12 pm

SkyStar wrote:
@Mana

Right. In the Russian trailer Luke doesn't even say - "this is not going to go the way you think", but "understand, the consequences will be unchangeable."
@SkyStar
That’s a most intriguing translation - what consequences would he be referring to?

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 21 Oct 2017, 5:18 pm

SkyStar wrote:
@Mana

@SkyStar

Interesting...  As that could mean something quite different than the English line.

As a side note, I completely geek out over translation/localization stuff. Much of what I write for my job gets translated into other languages, so I have to write in English in a way to make things easier for translation, which means keeping a lot of additional things in mind on top of getting your point across and correct grammar.

MrsWindu wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
@Mana

@SkyStar
That’s a most intriguing translation - what consequences would he be referring to?

@MrsWindu

Perhaps it ties into whatever it was that Rey and Kylo were talking about that Luke "doesn't like and tries to stop them" right before the hut explodes? Maybe they were discussing something involving an artifact or trying to open a holocron together or something?

Last edited by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 21 Oct 2017, 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 21 Oct 2017, 5:18 pm

It's Carrie's birthday and this is one of the remembrances making the rounds, Oscar Isaac discussing how she would sing and they'd waltz together in between takes. Notice his comment about offering his hand?

Oscar Isaac wrote:One of my favorite things that would happen from time to time on set would be when Carrie would sing old songs,” he says. “Whenever that would happen I would offer her my hand and we would waltz around the set – on a starship, in a Rebel base, on an alien planet, and she would sing and we would dance. So surreal and beautiful to think about now. For all of her delicious, wicked humor and fiery energy she also had such sweet grace. I miss her dearly.

But I'm sure that it's actually like how all those people keep arguing, the hand wasn't offered as a traditional gesture a man makes to a woman as an opening to dance, but for totes nefarious and evil reasons.

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 21 Oct 2017, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 21 Oct 2017, 5:26 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
@Mana

@SkyStar

Interesting...  As that could mean something quite different than the English line.

As a side note, I completely geek out over translation/localization stuff. Much of what I write for my job gets translated into other languages, so I have to write in English in a way to make things easier for translation, which means keeping a lot of additional things in mind on top of getting your point across and correct grammar.

MrsWindu wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
@Mana

@SkyStar

@MrsWindu

Perhaps it ties into whatever it was that Rey and Kylo were talking about that Luke "doesn't like and tries to stop them" right before the hut explodes? Maybe they were discussing something involving an artifact or trying to open a holocron together or something?
@ISeeAnIsland

Honestly, that phrase is puzzling me. Is it possible that they couldn't think of a fitting translation and just put something different there? Can translators do that? Been thinking about that for days now, haha.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next