Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

+76
AceofWands
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
SheLitAFire
SanghaRen
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
nite0wl29
ISeeAnIsland
Tex
Moonjump05
Kylo Men
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Reylo Lemon
MrsWindu
lauvamp
vaderito
Piper Maru
Kylo Rey
spacebaby45678
Cowgirlsamurai
Anakin Skywalker
DarthRen
rey09
SoloSideCousin
ReyofLightSide
LesCousinsDangereux
SkyStar
PalmettoBlue
Atenais
Helix
Maria26
liveinsummee
Lovely_Rose
colibri
MyOnlyHope
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
EchoBase
Lucina
BenSoloLives
special_cases
BigDeal2187
Armadeus
Moonlight13
RosiePancake
Blood Moon
Little_Boots
motherofpearl1
MoonFyre
tukicarreno
adamdrivershair
reylo1992
panki
DeeBee
Lily Snape
Saracene
Irina de France
Birdwoman
Kyla Ren
Rimfaxe96
Xylo Ren
Geralt_Riv
Mana
LadyHa
Kessel
Krafty
Rei of Sunshine
shii405
snufkin
MindAndMagic
fuhry
Forsythia
80 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:37 am

SanghaRen wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Atenais wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Kylo Men wrote:I see the reflection and it does look like Rey. Usually I'm skeptical about reflections and such. But I see this one.
@Kylo Men

You see it? I am usually up for anything, lol, but I can't see it. I guess I need to get off my phone though, lol.
@SoloSideCousin

I can't see either! I tried to see something, anything, but I only see a shadow, with no human shape. XD
@Atenais

Can't see either despite my efforts
@reylo1992

Bear in mind that I don’t believe in it. To me it’s like seeing shapes in clouds and it’s funny. But here is where I see it. The more you zoom in, the less you see it. I am not even sure the ones who see something, see the same thing so yeah, I’ll believe it when it’s in the movie and then I’ll demand to know which face care ritual AD had. I know some products supposedly have reflective pigments but that’s like wow.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 37 28d4da10
@SanghaRen

Thank you for circling that! I am finally seeing something, lol!

Actually, dork that I am, I slowed down the YouTube video like frame by frame, and it really, really looks like a movie is being reflected on his face. I wonder if he is actually watching her or some larger scene with her on some GFFA version of Skype ... or better yet some internal security closed circuit TV. I mean what is she actually has "come for him" and he first sees it on a security feed and he is stunned watching it. I don't know, but there is definitely something intentional going on with the shadows on his face.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Kessel Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:09 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:

Actually, dork that I am, I slowed down the YouTube video like frame by frame, and it really, really looks like a movie is being reflected on his face.  I wonder if he is actually watching her or some larger scene with her on some GFFA version of Skype ... or better yet some internal security closed circuit TV.  I mean what is she actually has "come for him" and he first sees it on a security feed and he is stunned watching it. I don't know, but there is definitely something intentional going on with the shadows on his face.
@SoloSideCousin

I can't decide what is happening in this scene, but the bolded is now my wish scenario, even if I have no idea how it would happen...
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:13 am

RosiePancake wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Atenais wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Kylo Men wrote:I see the reflection and it does look like Rey. Usually I'm skeptical about reflections and such. But I see this one.
@Kylo Men

You see it? I am usually up for anything, lol, but I can't see it. I guess I need to get off my phone though, lol.
@SoloSideCousin

I can't see either! I tried to see something, anything, but I only see a shadow, with no human shape. XD
@Atenais

@reylo1992

Bear in mind that I don’t believe in it. To me it’s like seeing shapes in clouds and it’s funny. But here is where I see it. The more you zoom in, the less you see it. I am not even sure the ones who see something, see the same thing so yeah, I’ll believe it when it’s in the movie and then I’ll demand to know which face care ritual AD had. I know some products supposedly have reflective pigments but that’s like wow.

@SanghaRen

Actually, dork that I am, I slowed down the YouTube video like frame by frame, and it really, really looks like a movie is being reflected on his face.  I wonder if he is actually watching her or some larger scene with her on some GFFA version of Skype ... or better yet some internal security closed circuit TV.  I mean what is she actually has "come for him" and he first sees it on a security feed and he is stunned watching it.  I don't know, but there is definitely something intentional going on with the shadows on his face.
@SoloSideCousin

I think it's a force vision, but Kylo and Rey have force bond so he sees that vision with her.
@RosiePancake

Something definitely has his attention and I don't think it's something on a monitor. I've never known a person's figure to reflect off of a TV screen. I'd say he's having some sort of vision or he's having a moment of realization. You can barely see that hint of a smile at the corner of his mouth like on TFA when he first sees Rey taking Luke's lightsaber and in that famous "hand extending" scene Smile they're all almost the same look that he gives a certain someone...
The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 37 2drh376 The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 37 205z1ao

Last edited by nite0wl29 on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:16 am

Kessel wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

Actually, dork that I am, I slowed down the YouTube video like frame by frame, and it really, really looks like a movie is being reflected on his face.  I wonder if he is actually watching her or some larger scene with her on some GFFA version of Skype ... or better yet some internal security closed circuit TV.  I mean what is she actually has "come for him" and he first sees it on a security feed and he is stunned watching it. I don't know, but there is definitely something intentional going on with the shadows on his face.
@SoloSideCousin

I can't decide what is happening in this scene, but the bolded is now my wish scenario, even if I have no idea how it would happen...
@Kessel

I second this, and I would like to personally thank @SoloSideCousin for the new headcanon. Laughing

As far as the reflection on his forehead goes, and this might sound strange coming from the resident crazy person who sees hearts in everything, but I have a hard time seeing how Rey would be reflected on his forehead. That being said, SOMETHING is happening in front of him given those dancing shadows, and going by the look on his face, it’s one of two things. It could be this is the part where he is finally going to do an about-turn, given this scene is later in the movie judging by the faint scar and he’s likely at a FO facility. Or, he’s looking at Rey, causing an entire slew of emotions to hit him at once. It could even be all of those things meshed together.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:58 am

SanghaRen wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Atenais wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Kylo Men

@SoloSideCousin

@Atenais

@reylo1992

@SanghaRen
He's literally looking out at the hangar from the beginning of the trailer.

EDIT: I saw this on Tumblr with a lot of notes and holy sh**, reaching and overanalyzing makes no theory look good.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:07 am

IoJovi wrote:
Kessel wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@SoloSideCousin

@Kessel

I second this, and I would like to personally thank @SoloSideCousin for the new headcanon.  Laughing

As far as the reflection on his forehead goes, and this might sound strange coming from the resident crazy person who sees hearts in everything, but I have a hard time seeing how Rey would be reflected on his forehead.  That being said, SOMETHING is happening in front of him given those dancing shadows, and going by the look on his face, it’s one of two things.  It could be this is the part where he is finally going to do an about-turn, given this scene is later in the movie judging by the faint scar and he’s likely at a FO facility.  Or, he’s looking at Rey, causing an entire slew of emotions to hit him at once.  It could even be all of those things meshed together.
@IoJovi

I was thinking if he is facing this glass thing whatever is happening on the other side of the glass is reflecting on his face?

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 37 Tumblr_oxlclwtKOV1wnoysoo1_r1_500

Idk, I'm really bad at paying attention to details like that, I usually look at big picture stuff and miss the key things until someone points them out to me.

Anyway, I'm a little behind so sorry if it was already mentioned, but apparently Anthony Breznican strongly hinted on Twitter that we can expect something to drop today on EW? Is it bad that my reaction was "Please just stop"? XD
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:09 am

Darth Rowan wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Kessel wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@SoloSideCousin

@Kessel

I second this, and I would like to personally thank @SoloSideCousin for the new headcanon.  Laughing

As far as the reflection on his forehead goes, and this might sound strange coming from the resident crazy person who sees hearts in everything, but I have a hard time seeing how Rey would be reflected on his forehead.  That being said, SOMETHING is happening in front of him given those dancing shadows, and going by the look on his face, it’s one of two things.  It could be this is the part where he is finally going to do an about-turn, given this scene is later in the movie judging by the faint scar and he’s likely at a FO facility.  Or, he’s looking at Rey, causing an entire slew of emotions to hit him at once.  It could even be all of those things meshed together.
@IoJovi

I was thinking if he is facing this glass thing whatever is happening on the other side of the glass is reflecting on his face?

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 37 Tumblr_oxlclwtKOV1wnoysoo1_r1_500

Idk, I'm really bad at paying attention to details like that, I usually look at big picture stuff and miss the key things until someone points them out to me.

Anyway, I'm a little behind so sorry if it was already mentioned, but apparently Anthony Breznican strongly hinted on Twitter that we can expect something to drop today on EW? Is it bad that my reaction was "Please just stop"? XD
@Darth Rowan

No, you read it right! I think it was announced just a few hours ago. I am sitting here making an offering to the fandom gods in exchange for a gate-free day... Laughing

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:17 am

Darth Rowan wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Kessel wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@SoloSideCousin

@Kessel

@IoJovi

@Darth Rowan

I stopped analyzing stuff long ago, but here I think he's not facing the glass anymore like in the beginning of the trailer. I think he turns around, because you can see the sparks right behind him that appear on left side in the gif above. I'm too stupid to embed the gif to show what I mean, maybe someone else can.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:20 am

IoJovi wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Kessel wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@SoloSideCousin

@Kessel

@IoJovi

@Darth Rowan

No, you read it right!  I think it was announced just a few hours ago.  I am sitting here making an offering to the fandom gods in exchange for a gate-free day... Laughing

@IoJovi

Someone posted this on Tumblr. Can't verify if true yet of course, but my hopes are up.

"I work at a tv station and took commercial breaks om GMA and can confirm that GMA did a segment on them. There are 4 variant covers.
Rey and Kylo, with alternate heading: Will Rey Fall to the Dark Side?
Luke and Leia, with alternate heading: Will Luke and Leia reunite?
Finn and Rose with alternate heading: Will Finn Get His Mojo Back?
Poe and Holdo with alternare heading: Will Poe get Along With His New Boss."
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:22 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Atenais wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Kylo Men

@SoloSideCousin

@Atenais

@reylo1992

@SanghaRen
He's literally looking out at the hangar from the beginning of the trailer. I really don't want to be mean but holy sh**, reaching and overanalyzing makes no theory look good.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Er, people, maybe I was not clear enough so I’ll be clearer : leave me out of the tagging for this topic. I am analyzing nothing. I am well known for not seeing all the hearts and hearing the “Rey” whispers. I am one of the big skeptics here so I thought it was hilarious that I actually see a face in the lights or whatever, but I don’t believe Rey is there and I actually don’t care because I am not on a speculating mode at all. If others want to build theories on it, they can knock themselves out, but leave me out of the debates, thank you.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:28 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Kessel wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@SoloSideCousin

@Kessel

@IoJovi

@Darth Rowan

No, you read it right!  I think it was announced just a few hours ago.  I am sitting here making an offering to the fandom gods in exchange for a gate-free day... Laughing

@IoJovi

Someone posted this on Tumblr. Can't verify if true yet of course, but my hopes are up.

"I work at a tv station and took commercial breaks om GMA and can confirm that GMA did a segment on them. There are 4 variant covers.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I apologize I'am not a native speaker what the expression "alternate heading" means?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:30 am

SanghaRen wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Atenais wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Kylo Men

@SoloSideCousin

@Atenais

@reylo1992

@SanghaRen
He's literally looking out at the hangar from the beginning of the trailer. I really don't want to be mean but holy sh**, reaching and overanalyzing makes no theory look good.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Er, people, maybe I was not clear enough so I’ll be clearer : leave me out of the tagging for this topic. I am analyzing nothing. I am well known for not seeing all the hearts and hearing the “Rey” whispers. I am one of the big skeptics here so I thought it was hilarious that I actually see a face in the lights or whatever, but I don’t believe Rey is there and I actually don’t care because I am not on a speculating mode at all. If others want to build theories on it, they can knock themselves out, but leave me out of the debates, thank you.
@SanghaRen
Oh god, I just realized it looked like I was referring to you with the "reaching" comments. I'm sorry, lack of context. I saw this on Tumblr with like 300 notes and literally rolled my eyes into the back of my head this morning. When you posted it here I just kind of posted my thoughts on the reactions overall. It wasn't directed at you and I'm sorry if it felt like it was (I can see why you would have thought that).

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:36 am

It just looks like a large goose egg bump to me, with shadows outlining it. Nope
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:36 am

@Darth_Awakened

Like each different cover will have it's own title that corresponds with the photo and characters shown?
The Rey and Kylo cover will have the heading "Will Rey Fall to the Dark Side?", the Finn and Rose cover will have "Will Finn get his Mojo Back?", etc.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:37 am

Someone posted this on Tumblr. Can't verify if true yet "I work at a tv station and took commercial breaks om GMA and can confirm that GMA did a segment on them. There are 4 variant covers.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I apologize I'am not a native speaker what the expression "alternate heading" means?
@Darth_Awakened

Headings is another meaning for title or headline.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:40 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Darth_Awakened

I think in this context heading = title. So it means like an alternate title to the poster/cover.

This is a good find, @Cowgirlsamurai! It makes sense to me that they would play up the connection between Rey and Kylo as potentially dangerous for Rey (i.e., that she would fall to the dark side because of him) to disguise the "twist" that it is equally if not more dangerous for him to "fall to the light side" because of his dealings with her. Twisted Evil
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:41 am

Apparently the thing about the covers was announced on Good Morning America and corroborated by multiple sources. Seems to be legit!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:45 am

Rey and Kylo finally in the same frame.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 37 Heavy-Breathing-Cat
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:46 am

Darth Rowan wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Darth_Awakened

I think in this context heading = title. So it means like an alternate title to the poster/cover.

This is a good find, @Cowgirlsamurai! It makes sense to me that they would play up the connection between Rey and Kylo as potentially dangerous for Rey (i.e., that she would fall to the dark side because of him) to disguise the "twist" that it is equally if not more dangerous for him to "fall to the light side" because of his dealings with her. Twisted Evil
@Darth Rowan

I find the "Will Rey Fall to the Dark Side?" thing hilarious because the Reylos have been over here wondering if Kylo returns to the light for the past two years, haha! The audience is going to be all anxious about dark!Rey while our eyes are on him Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:49 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Darth_Awakened

@Darth Rowan

I find the "Will Rey Fall to the Dark Side?" thing hilarious because the Reylos have been over here wondering if Kylo returns to the light for the past two years, haha! The audience is going to be all anxious about dark!Rey while our eyes are on him Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

I also find that whole thing super bizarre. I keep seeing speculation or nervousness about the reaching scene and whether it hints that Rey goes to the dark, but not much about if it means that Kylo goes to the light? Which is super darn strange because one prospect is much more likely than the other. The blinders so many people have on in regards to Kylo and his arc will never cease to amaze me.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:52 am

Thank you all for the explanation!

I thought it would be 6 covers. Nevermind. LOL
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:55 am

@FrolickingFizzgig

No worries. I did not take it personally, but just thought I say it out loud now before getting tagged over pages. To me it’s really just one of these fun things that make the waiting a bit more bearable. That’s all. I am very happy if I don’t crack the movie before seeing it. My mind has learned to go blank when it comes to plot theories Smile All I know and want to know is raw power. Those were the 2 magic words for me. The rest I try to ignore and soon I’ll probably put both hands on my ears to really not hear the rest.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:56 am

ZioRen wrote:

I also find that whole thing super bizarre. I keep seeing speculation or nervousness about the reaching scene and whether it hints that Rey goes to the dark, but not much about if it means that Kylo goes to the light? Which is super darn strange because one prospect is much more likely than the other. The blinders so many people have on in regards to Kylo and his arc will never cease to amaze me.
@ZioRen

No kidding. Look at his face. My 9-year-old son saw the trailer for the first time with me and said: "oh, he's going to become good again!".

Not to mention how Rey is introduced with creepy music and creepy sounds.

Not to mention how nervous and insecure Kylo looks.

In my mind, seduction to the dark side would look different. I'd imagine Kylo looking sort of like what I have in my avatar, overconfident and charming, offering something valuable to her. A villain doesn't try to seduce someone to the dark side with trembling hands, sorry.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 19 Nov 2017, 10:47 am

Heads up that we are moving posts to the new EW Covers thread.
Carry on as usual, should be done momentarily.

Update: we have moved all the EW covers discussion to this thread: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next