Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

+76
AceofWands
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
SheLitAFire
SanghaRen
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
nite0wl29
ISeeAnIsland
Tex
Moonjump05
Kylo Men
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Reylo Lemon
MrsWindu
lauvamp
vaderito
Piper Maru
Kylo Rey
spacebaby45678
Cowgirlsamurai
Anakin Skywalker
DarthRen
rey09
SoloSideCousin
ReyofLightSide
LesCousinsDangereux
SkyStar
PalmettoBlue
Atenais
Helix
Maria26
liveinsummee
Lovely_Rose
colibri
MyOnlyHope
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
EchoBase
Lucina
BenSoloLives
special_cases
BigDeal2187
Armadeus
Moonlight13
RosiePancake
Blood Moon
Little_Boots
motherofpearl1
MoonFyre
tukicarreno
adamdrivershair
reylo1992
panki
DeeBee
Lily Snape
Saracene
Irina de France
Birdwoman
Kyla Ren
Rimfaxe96
Xylo Ren
Geralt_Riv
Mana
LadyHa
Kessel
Krafty
Rei of Sunshine
shii405
snufkin
MindAndMagic
fuhry
Forsythia
80 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 38 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Geralt_Riv Sun 19 Nov 2017, 5:27 pm

New TV spot at the beginning.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 38 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Casper Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:54 pm

EchoBase wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Kessel wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

Thank you for circling that! I am finally seeing something, lol!

Actually, dork that I am, I slowed down the YouTube video like frame by frame, and it really, really looks like a movie is being reflected on his face.  I wonder if he is actually watching her or some larger scene with her on some GFFA version of Skype ... or better yet some internal security closed circuit TV.  I mean what is she actually has "come for him" and he first sees it on a security feed and he is stunned watching it. I don't know, but there is definitely something intentional going on with the shadows on his face.
@SoloSideCousin

I can't decide what is happening in this scene, but the bolded is now my wish scenario, even if I have no idea how it would happen...
@Kessel

I second this, and I would like to personally thank @SoloSideCousin for the new headcanon.  Laughing

As far as the reflection on his forehead goes, and this might sound strange coming from the resident crazy person who sees hearts in everything, but I have a hard time seeing how Rey would be reflected on his forehead.  That being said, SOMETHING is happening in front of him given those dancing shadows, and going by the look on his face, it’s one of two things.  It could be this is the part where he is finally going to do an about-turn, given this scene is later in the movie judging by the faint scar and he’s likely at a FO facility.  Or, he’s looking at Rey, causing an entire slew of emotions to hit him at once.  It could even be all of those things meshed together.
@IoJovi

I was thinking if he is facing this glass thing whatever is happening on the other side of the glass is reflecting on his face?

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 38 Tumblr_oxlclwtKOV1wnoysoo1_r1_500

Idk, I'm really bad at paying attention to details like that, I usually look at big picture stuff and miss the key things until someone points them out to me.

Anyway, I'm a little behind so sorry if it was already mentioned, but apparently Anthony Breznican strongly hinted on Twitter that we can expect something to drop today on EW? Is it bad that my reaction was "Please just stop"? XD
@Darth Rowan

I stopped analyzing stuff long ago, but here I think he's not facing the glass anymore like in the beginning of the trailer. I think he turns around, because you can see the sparks right behind him that appear on left side in the gif above. I'm too stupid to embed the gif to show what I mean, maybe someone else can.
@EchoBase

Okay, here's what I think is happening: he was standing there passively watching the equipment being made, while at the same time, Rey is on Ach-to having her 'Light. Darkness.  Balance.' vision.  And because they have a force bond, and this is a particularly powerful force vision for Rey (it immediately precedes the floating rocks, no?), Kylo gets the transmission too.  

He then spins around away from the sight of the factory so he can focus just on the vision (he doesn’t want to miss anything).  And the two scenes kind of go in and out for a moment.  I don't know what that camera technique is called, but it's a bit like when we all saw the 'HUGE shadow' on the wall and it turned out to be Rose, and it had just been an effect from fading one scene out while another was fading in, like a watermark.  

I also think it's very likely that Rey's scene was filmed first, and then this one was filmed after to get the 'reaction shot' from Kylo to what Rey is seeing.  On a technical note, I do think Rian probably did project film of Rey's scene onto Kylo's face in this one to enhance the effect and promote the feeling of 'connectedness' between them, which had the added bonus of creating a beautiful ‘dappled’ effect on Adam’s face.

The 'face' on his forehead reminds me of this shot of Rey, which I believe is the scene of her that's happening at the same time:

https://i0.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/IMG_6984.jpg?resize=390%2C220&ssl=1

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:10 pm

New TV spot and it's iiiiinteresting!

http://reylosource.tumblr.com/post/167686504931/new-tv-spot-holy-crap-new-dialogue-from-reyluke

New dialogue:

Luke: "Reach out...what do you see?"
Rey: "Light....darkness...and something else. It's calling me!"
*The scene of Kylo reaching out flashes. Of course*
Luke: "Resist it, Rey!"
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:17 pm

ZioRen wrote:New TV spot and it's iiiiinteresting!

http://reylosource.tumblr.com/post/167686504931/new-tv-spot-holy-crap-new-dialogue-from-reyluke

New dialogue:

Rey: Light....darkness...and something else. It's calling me!"
Luke: Resist it, Rey!
@ZioRen

Well damn! Is it Snoke? Has he detected her presence? Her raw power and the light and dark inside her and is now "calling to her" like he might have done with a young Ben Solo?

Or is it both the light AND dark calling to her? The actual balance?

Whatever it is, this is exciting!

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:20 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:

New dialogue:

@ZioRen

Well damn! Is it Snoke? Has he detected her presence? Her raw power and the light and dark inside her and is now "calling to her" like he might have done with a young Ben Solo?

@AppleCrumble122

She sounds distressed when she says it, so it's possibly Snoke? Or something to do with her immense power because, if the TV spot is accurate with the sequence of events, it's around this time that the ground starts to crack open. Like whatever she's sensing sparked that potential in her again.

Then again, considering how her potential was sparked last time, it could easily mean it's Kylo reaching back toward Rey's reaching out.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:22 pm

Could it be some kind of force bond between Rey and Kylo? Maybe she sees the light and the darkness within him. Confus
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:27 pm

ZioRen wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

New dialogue:

@ZioRen

@AppleCrumble122

She sounds distressed when she says it, so it's possibly Snoke? Or something to do with her immense power because, if the TV spot is accurate with the sequence of events, it's around this time that the ground starts to crack open. Like whatever she's sensing sparked that potential in her again.

Then again, considering how her potential was sparked last time, it could easily mean it's Kylo reaching back toward Rey's reaching out.
@ZioRen

Well, I would say either it's Snoke or Kylo, or both. If Rey has a Force Bond with Kylo and Kylo has developed a Force Bond with Snoke over the years, then Snoke must be able to reach out to her too somehow. The whole thing makes me think to Harry Potter's connection with Voldemort.

Interesting spot: we know exactly now why Luke freaks out. Not enough to convince me through that Rey will go to the DS ultimately although Disney/LF tries very hard in the last weeks. Before, they focused on Luke turning to the DS, now on her turning on th DS. Interesting...
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:34 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

New dialogue:

@ZioRen

@AppleCrumble122

@ZioRen

Well, either it's Snoke or Kylo, or both. If Rey has a Force Bond with Kylo and Kylo has developed a Force Bond with Snoke over the years, then Snoke must be able to reach out to her too somehow. Interesting spot: we know exactly now why Luke freaks out. Not enough to convince me through that Rey will go to the DS ultimately although Disney/LF tries very hard in the last weeks. Before, they focused on Luke turning to the DS, now on her turning on th DS. Interesting...
@reylo1992

I think it might be because he realises it's Snoke and that he's out to manipulate Rey just like he did with Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:39 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

New dialogue:

@ZioRen

@AppleCrumble122

@ZioRen

Well, either it's Snoke or Kylo, or both. If Rey has a Force Bond with Kylo and Kylo has developed a Force Bond with Snoke over the years, then Snoke must be able to reach out to her too somehow. Interesting spot: we know exactly now why Luke freaks out. Not enough to convince me through that Rey will go to the DS ultimately although Disney/LF tries very hard in the last weeks. Before, they focused on Luke turning to the DS, now on her turning on th DS. Interesting...
@reylo1992

I think it might be because he realises it's Snoke and that he's out to manipulate Rey just like he did with Ben.
@AppleCrumble122

I agree with this. He may have been witness to "something" calling to Ben many times. He might have brushed it off back then. Now he won't. That recent shot of Luke when Rey says that she won't fail him like Kylo has Luke looking very hurt and guilty. Now maybe it's a matter of selective editing, but I don't know if he is 100% angry at or 100% blames Kylo when we get a look like that. Also, Breznican was really talking up the "predator" aspect of Snoke today in the little video that went with the articles, talking about how Snoke "targeted a vulnerable kid." Snoke may be trying the same with her because now she is on his radar and/or he can get to her through Kylo's mind because Kylo has developed a mental/force connection with her.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 20 Nov 2017, 1:42 am

Moonlight13 wrote:Could it be some kind of force bond between Rey and Kylo? Maybe she sees the light and the darkness within him. Confus
@Moonlight13

"A treacherous bond" Seeds of Persephone scenario for sure.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:35 am

Bad quality, but new TV spot: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbtCMBwhmd2/

The dialogue between Rey and Luke...OMG. I’m.. bounce bounce bounce
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:46 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:Bad quality, but new TV spot: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbtCMBwhmd2/
@PalmettoBlue

I have chills they're multiplying! bounce
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:59 am

WOW- but I can't understand a thing... it's too quiet on my laptop - what are they saying???? bounce
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 20 Nov 2017, 3:09 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:Bad quality, but new TV spot: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbtCMBwhmd2/

The dialogue between Rey and Luke...OMG. I’m.. bounce bounce bounce
@PalmettoBlue

Luke is scary, wow! That ending Shocked
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 20 Nov 2017, 3:16 am

Master Luke is scary as heck! affraid
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 20 Nov 2017, 3:46 am

Slightly better quality. She says ‘light...darkness...and something else...it’s calling me.’ Luke says ‘ resist it Rey...’ and is really shouting /flipping out out at the end as she’s stuck in that meditative State

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 20 Nov 2017, 3:51 am

MrsWindu wrote:Slightly better quality. She says ‘light...dark...and something else...’ Luke says ‘ resist it Rey...’ and is really shouting out at her at the end as she’s stuck in that meditative State

@MrsWindu

That TV spot is so good! It is actually creepy. I love that creepy piano music, keeping in time with everything like a metronome. This movie is going to be incredibly intense.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 20 Nov 2017, 3:56 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
MrsWindu wrote:Slightly better quality. She says ‘light...dark...and something else...’ Luke says ‘ resist it Rey...’ and is really shouting out at her at the end as she’s stuck in that meditative State

@MrsWindu

That TV spot is so good! It is actually creepy. I love that creepy piano music, keeping in time with everything like a metronome. This movie is going to be incredibly intense.
@SoloSideCousin

It’s given me the chills for sure - that music could have come from Stranger Things. Seriously I don’t know if I can carry on with an honest days work if I’m pondering over trailers and spoilers. I have to resist too lol
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Mon 20 Nov 2017, 4:36 am

I have a feeling that in this moment with Rey, Luke is recalling a memory from when he was with Ben and it scares him away.
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Mon 20 Nov 2017, 7:30 am

So many things happening; new tv spot each day, and the EW stuff ..! If we keep getting bombarded with so many things, I can’t see how I will make it to the14th Dec! Smile I do not want the movie spoiled but we keep getting a few new shots with each trailer/TV spot. (which of course I have to see! Smile )

As for the previous spot with Finn. I agree with others that have said that it would make sense that he would ask after Rey once he wakes up. She is his only friend, and the last thing he knows is the two of them were in dire straits, up against Kylo Ren.

But I don’t like how he suddenly screams ‘Rey’ the nanosecond he starts waking up. It is not realistic. When you wake up (from sleep, anaesthesia, having fainted, a coma), you wake up more slowly and it takes a few moments to get your bearings (you start waking up, you realise you are on a bed, you likely feel like s***, you are thinking you must have been ill/injured, then you may try to see what is the last thing you remember (which does not always work), etc.

So I would not expect him to wake up so suddenly (unless someone presses a button on that ‘bacta unit’ that wakes up the patient). And then his first words should be: … where am I? ..what happened..? And then a few seconds later (if he already was not given the answer) ‘Where is Rey, is she safe?’ And also, what happen with SKB? (he needs to show an interest to something other than himself and Rey). And all this in a mild voice (not shouting like that).

Apart from not being realistic, it makes Finn appear obsessed with Rey (and/or like a lovesick puppy, who cannot think of anything else other than Rey, even while being in a coma). Just my personal opinion, but this does not add to Finn’s character  Sad  I can even say I find this annoying. And in a later shot, when Poe asks him about having questions, again it is ‘Where is Rey?’ Nothing else interests him (resistance, FO, battle, SKB, he cares nothing about anything of importance or the big picture).

It reminds me of similar incidents in TFA, where I was annoyed with Finn. Again he screams “Rey, Rey” in Takodana when Kylo is making off with Rey. It is one thing to show concern for your friend (understandable and expected), but that was way over the top for me. I confess I was really annoyed with him Smile I wanted to tell him: Finn, Rey is exactly where she belongs (in her future husbands arms : ) , so stop your screeching!
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 20 Nov 2017, 7:37 am

New TV spot is chilling AF! Shocked I really love Luke in this one. Why is it that distressed Luke is my fave? Mark makes me so emotional Sad Doesn’t the shot change to Snoke when she says “Something else,” ?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Mon 20 Nov 2017, 7:44 am

I don't think Finn is being annoying by being that concerned over Rey. She's one of the first bonds he made in the aftermath of his defection from the First Order. It's realistic that he would be concerned over her whereabouts and he'll likely feel abandoned by her as well in the beginning. However, it's clear that Rey and Finn will have their own seperate paths from now on. I see Finn becoming more loyal to the Resistance like Poe while Rey will mostly assign her loyalities to certain individuals which will eventually include Kylo. Imo this is why Daisy said that she is not that connected to the resistance, because the bond she'll form with Kylo will get in the way of her being completely in one camp.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Mon 20 Nov 2017, 7:54 am

Lovely_Rose wrote:I don't think Finn is being annoying by being that concerned over Rey. She's one of the first bonds he made in the aftermath of his defection from the First Order. It's realistic that he would be concerned over her whereabouts and he'll likely feel abandoned by her as well in the beginning. However, it's clear that Rey and Finn will have their own seperate paths from now on. I see Finn becoming more loyal to the Resistance like Poe while Rey will mostly assign her loyalities to certain individuals which will eventually include Kylo. Imo this is why Daisy said that she is not that connected to the resistance, because the bond she'll form with Kylo will get in the way of her being completely in one camp.
@Lovely_Rose

I said it is understandable he would be concerned about her (and yes he should ask what happened to Rey). But they way he so often screams Rey, is over the top for me.
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 20 Nov 2017, 7:54 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:

New dialogue:

@ZioRen

@AppleCrumble122

This is just so unbelievably beautiful. Wow - I am truly floored. Shocked
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Mon 20 Nov 2017, 7:58 am

most people think it's Snoke, that calls her, it could, but if it's "something else", not light, not dark, then it should Kylo.

if this is not edited and "light, dark, and something else" and "it calls me" and "resist is, Rey" as all together and about 1 thing, then it is more Kylo (+his hand shot on it)

if this is just  "light, dark, and something else" - it could be balance
if "it calls me" isn't  "light, dark, and something else" - it could be Snoke

p.s. I mean Snoke isn't something else, he is DARK

Last edited by Anakin Skywalker on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next