Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+71
MrsWindu
Gemlake
Marlow
Armadeus
MeadowofAshes
gwendy85
KnightsofReylo_2015
CienaRee
SheLitAFire
Xylo Ren
Darth Rowan
Rei of Sunshine
jakkusun
MissG
MindAndMagic
LadyHa
TheLastJedi
Man Without A Star
krissy01
Moonjump05
BenRey
Maria26
Saracene
SanghaRen
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
ISeeAnIsland
bashfulblueeyes3
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Lily Snape
Atenais
whisperingwillow
rawpowah
motherofpearl1
Darth_marshmallow
Starliteprism
AngryDragonPuppy
Kylo Men
RosiePancake
PalmettoBlue
Anakin Skywalker
LesCousinsDangereux
reylo1992
Kessel
snufkin
EchoBase
IoJovi
panki
MyOnlyHope
soulluos
Kylo Rey
BenSoloLives
Moonlight13
vaderito
SkyStar
ReyofLightSide
lauvamp
Cowgirlsamurai
Night Huntress
Darth_Awakened
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dingbat
DarthRen
Birdwoman
Mana
Acritiqua
FrolickingFizzgig
Lovely_Rose
ZioRen
RKR Connection
75 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ZioRen Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:26 am

Yeeeeeah if Daisy ever referred to Rey seeing Kylo as a 'brother' I'd think that Reylo was completely up and dead.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:27 am

Transcript from 28:48 min:

Rey meets Finn and they never met before - he's a defected Storm trooper, she's a scavenger - then then we're like a brother and sister and that's an amazing connection and in that moment Rey finds a piece of family.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:30 am

I'm sensing an impending meltdown from a certain section of the fanbase. That's the most definitive blow to that ship that I've ever seen.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:33 am

ZioRen wrote:I'm sensing an impending meltdown from a certain section of the fanbase. That's the most definitive blow to that ship that I've ever seen.
@ZioRen

It’s been blown apart time and time again though. I think the worst they got was John Boyega telling a FinnRey shipper journalist that the romance isn’t going to go the way you think it’s going to go. I don’t know how much clearer he could have been. Given that, Daisy’s quote about Finn being like a brother to her shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone!

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:35 am

ZioRen wrote:I'm sensing an impending meltdown from a certain section of the fanbase. That's the most definitive blow to that ship that I've ever seen.
@ZioRen

yeah, "brother and sister" comparison is damning, there's no way around it. "friends" give a little space for wiggling but not this. On top of "Not all relationships will break the heart. Some [Finn and Rose] will fortify it."
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:36 am

IoJovi wrote:
@ZioRen

It’s been blown apart time and time again though. I think the worst they got was John Boyega telling a FinnRey shipper journalist that the romance isn’t going to go the way you think it’s going to go. I don’t know how much clearer he could have been. Given that, Daisy’s quote about Finn being like a brother to her shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone!

@IoJovi

Yes, but this is one quote that can't be wormed away from. They could make 1000 excuses for the other one and twist words. Saying two characters are like siblings isn't all that disputable. Especially since many of those more vocal shippers tend to also be that section of Tumblr that jumps on ships when it's in any way "implied" that the two characters see each other as family, even if they're not related. That's "problematic" to them.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:39 am

vaderito wrote:
@ZioRen

yeah, "brother and sister" comparison is damning, there's no way around it. "friends" give a little space for wiggling but not this. On top of "Not all relationships will break the heart. Some [Finn and Rose] will fortify it."
@vaderito

How can you say that? lol!

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Cersei-and-Jaime-cersei-lannister-29431394-800-450

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:44 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@ZioRen

@vaderito

How can you say that? lol!

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Cersei-and-Jaime-cersei-lannister-29431394-800-450

@Darth_Awakened

Given how Reylo was seen at the beginning of our fandom in December 2015, I find it absolutely comical that going into TLJ, Rey and Finn are the ones with the sibling-like relationship... lol!

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:46 am

@ZioRen
You would think John saying "The romance isn't going that way" would have been the most definitive blow.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:48 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@ZioRen
You would think John saying "The romance isn't going that way" would have been the most definitive blow.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Unsurprisingly, you can hear crickets in certain corners of the Internet that were very loud just 2 days ago when that Brother Finn Yelling Sister Rey's Name spot dropped. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:05 pm

Channeling her other half?

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Img_1043

What am I doing here btw? Is it possible to ban me from this thread, I wasn't supposed to read spoilers, damn it. Razz
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:11 pm

EchoBase wrote:Channeling her other half?

What am I doing here btw? Is it possible to ban me from this thread, I wasn't supposed to read spoilers, damn it. Razz
@EchoBase

Has she cut her hair shorter? Shocked

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:14 pm

@panki: no, I think that's just an updo.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:14 pm

We just saw her yesterday and her hair is intact!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:38 pm

EchoBase wrote:Channeling her other half?

@EchoBase

That's a very nice suit. Seriously. She looks great.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:39 pm

The continued insistence from different fans that their read is the correct one and meanwhile you can clearly see the director and actors saying certain things which dispute their hot takes on the characters and their relationships has been interesting to say the least. And when you have the actor himself stating out of the gate, not romance we're like brother-and-sister and even goofing around on social media dressed up as the supposed bad guy, are his supposedly rabid fans even paying attention?

Also weird seeing the gushing over KMT's character but it's still treating her like a sidepiece for Finn. Anyways, can't wait (sarcasm) for the # of hot takes we'll be seeing from the internet's finest media sources and social media about how KK and RJ are terrible because they somehow compromised the story and moral lesson a bunch of people made up in their heads which had nothing to do with the actual movies/franchise. Or the garbage hot takes (you know the Mary Sue will put out at least one) about how Rey's been compromised as a feminist role model because she thinks of Finn as her BFF/brother and not as a potential prom date. The pivoting around Rose's role is about as convoluted as "okay I can't openly hate on Kylo b/c of fans who identify with his mental illness/family estrangement issues, but I'll still make low-key digs about everything the director has said about him and his relationship with Rey."

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:39 pm

EchoBase wrote:@panki: no, I think that's just an updo.
@EchoBase

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Ql8kg

Last edited by panki on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:40 pm

full transcript:

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_ozs4f0KIlV1voufds_500
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:50 pm

vaderito wrote:full transcript:

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_ozs4f0KIlV1voufds_500
@vaderito

Well isn't that something! Just like many of us have suspected...Rey and Finn are like family. I always thought that is what their dynamic would be about (kind of like Luke and Leia) and their chemistry reflected that.

I'm looking forward or Rey's new adventures and the new relationships she's going to forge... Smile
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:59 pm

yeah, that he was her family like a brother was obvious from TFA. In narrative terms, she was building a family from people she met who accepted her. It lines up with "belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead". Not people who are never coming back (her family), but new people.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 21 Nov 2017, 1:06 pm

@vaderito

WOW!!

Daisy literally giving sense to Maz's lines to Rey the only lines to pay attention to if one want to understand that her heroin's journey doesn't consists in being reunited with her birth family but to find a future family. She found a piece of family in Finn, Han and she is now reaching to Luke.

Literally debunking the Reywalker saying that she's is finding new connection in people she meets regardless of the parentage.

Literally debunking romantic FinnReyby referring to them as brother and sisters.

Subtly hinting at ReyKenobi and Reylo saying that she's never met a Kenobi (her birth family?) but could find something in a Skywalker (not the one the GA thinks about)

In other words:
R.I.P Reywalker/Reysolo!!!
R.I.P. FinnRey

Long live ReyKenobi
Long live Reylo
cheers

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Tue 21 Nov 2017, 1:06 pm

The marketing is making it clear to me that Rey will go to Luke and try to bring him back to help the resistance.
But she seems to want him to help her with this strange power that has been awakened in her also. It looks like Luke will not only refuse to leave the planet but also reject her pleas for help with her force powers. At some point he relents a little, sees how powerful she is and then rejects her again. I have feeling this will bring up all her abandonment issues and it will push her away from bonding with Luke. Then Kylo shows up and I have a feeling that Kylo will be the one that offers to help her understand her power. That he will become her teacher. Now, I don't know if that will happen in this movie or not. I do think that because of the rejection they both experienced in their lives, it will make them bond and form an alliance. Personally, I don't think it will be Rey goes to the darkside or Kylo completely embraces the light. Of course, all of this is me taking hints from marketing.....I could be completely wrong.

Another thought, I wonder about that picture of Rey in Snoke's throne room. I wonder if Kylo ends up back at the FO after Ach-to and Rey has snuck on board to go get him? Reverse rescue?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 21 Nov 2017, 1:14 pm

Kessel wrote:

@vaderito

Well isn't that something! Just like many of us have suspected...Rey and Finn are like family. I always thought that is what their dynamic would be about (kind of like Luke and Leia) and their chemistry reflected that.

I'm looking forward or Rey's new adventures and the new relationships she's going to forge... Smile
@Kessel

Well. Yeah Finn and Rey are family because they consider themselves as siblings.But I find strange that one tend to make the difference between Finn and Kylo, saying that Finn is family and Kylo s romantic love. I think that Rey's arc is precisely to find a futurefamily. She indeed found something in Finn but usually you become part of a future family in finding someone that will make you part of that future family, in other words the husband/wife/partner that will make you become part of this entity. I think this is now the next step for Rey's journey: figuring out whatMaz told her, that her birth family is never coming back, that she can stil lfind a family and that finding her soulmate is the key to get the belonging she seeks.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 21 Nov 2017, 1:23 pm

Birdwoman wrote:The marketing is making it clear to me that Rey will go to Luke and try to bring him back to help the resistance.
But she seems to want him to help her with this strange power that has been awakened in her also. It looks like Luke will not only refuse to leave the planet but also reject her pleas for help with her force powers. At some point he relents a little, sees how powerful she is and then rejects her again. I have feeling this will bring up all her abandonment issues and it will push her away from bonding with Luke. Then Kylo shows up and I have a feeling that Kylo will be the one that offers to help her understand her power. That he will become her teacher. Now, I don't know if that will happen in this movie or not. I do think that because of the rejection they both experienced in their lives, it will make them bond and form an alliance. Personally, I don't think it will be Rey goes to the darkside or Kylo completely embraces the light. Of course, all of this is me taking hints from marketing.....I could be completely wrong.

Another thought, I wonder about that picture of Rey in Snoke's throne room. I wonder if Kylo ends up back at the FO after Ach-to and Rey has snuck on board to go get him? Reverse rescue?
@Birdwoman

I also wonder how things transition from "come back to the Resistance" to "help me in particular".
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 21 Nov 2017, 2:44 pm

Knight of Rant with industry connections says this about the "first 10 min" (didn't elaborate which one so I guess the one from Sleemo):

First ten minutes thoughts
A little part of me is super hesitant that this is actually the first ten minutes. I was told something MUCH different was the first scene of the film, and maybe it’s just different in the script, and editing changed the order, but huh. Glad the leak was relatively small/expected though. ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS UNTIL THE INTERNET BLACKOUT!

https://millenniumfulcrum.tumblr.com/post/167724869619/first-ten-minutes-thoughts
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next