Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

+54
colibri
Lily Snape
rawpowah
nite0wl29
tukicarreno
Saracene
liveinsummee
RosiePancake
Geralt_Riv
KnightsofReylo_2015
shii405
LesCousinsDangereux
rey09
Maria26
Moonlight13
LadyHa
fuhry
adamdrivershair
SheLitAFire
IoJovi
EchoBase
Little_Boots
Anakin Skywalker
Rei of Sunshine
SanghaRen
Darth Rowan
Helix
vaderito
FrolickingFizzgig
ISeeAnIsland
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
DarthRen
MindAndMagic
Cowgirlsamurai
PalmettoBlue
MyOnlyHope
Starliteprism
Forsythia
reylo1992
MrsWindu
Moonjump05
Night Huntress
Darth_marshmallow
SkyStar
Darth Dingbat
Kessel
Birdwoman
ZioRen
Kylo Rey
SoloSideCousin
Darth_Awakened
panki
58 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): - Page 8 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 01 Dec 2017, 12:52 pm

vaderito wrote:IMO, much more baffling than denial is refusal to even discuss this dynamic. I've seen it on some forums that are populated by OT-era fanboys. They are simply not discussing these two characters. Nope. They discuss everything but this dynamic. It'll be quite interesting to see whether they will after seeing the movie or they'll pretend it never happened.
@vaderito

That's why I said yesterday that the whole circumstances surrounding Reylo these past 2 years has been one of the most bizarre.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 01 Dec 2017, 12:56 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:AAAAAAAAH! It's on the official SW YouTube page! Daisy: "I was watching Adam train and he gives it so full out, every single time..." fight scene together confirmed?!? The fights look like they're gonna be so good and intense! Looks like Kylo might have to fight off multiple opponents too?
@Kylo Rey omggg I was soo gleeful when she said - she's so in awe of his might, as am I *drool*

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 01 Dec 2017, 1:03 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:
vaderito wrote:IMO, much more baffling than denial is refusal to even discuss this dynamic. I've seen it on some forums that are populated by OT-era fanboys. They are simply not discussing these two characters. Nope. They discuss everything but this dynamic. It'll be quite interesting to see whether they will after seeing the movie or they'll pretend it never happened.
@vaderito

That's why I said yesterday that the whole circumstances surrounding Reylo these past 2 years has been one of the most bizarre.
@Kylo Rey lols *somewherez* i saw a thread that is supposed to be devoted to kylo and rey...and lol but they are actually not being discussed. like whaaa

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 01 Dec 2017, 1:04 pm

@vaderito
In certain other fan spaces, they've had to make areas for people to post their positive feelings about the upcoming movie. There is an air of doom and gloom in OT corners of the internet. I read through what they'd written and maybe 2/40 posts mentioned Rey and Kylo. They don't talk about the dynamic, but it hovers in the air all around them. But hey, I think it's about time OT fanboys learned that LF isn't making these movies to pander to their boring 80s mindsets.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Dec 2017, 1:09 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
@vaderito
In certain other fan spaces, they've had to make areas for people to post their positive feelings about the upcoming movie. There is an air of doom and gloom in OT corners of the internet. I read through what they'd written and maybe 2/40 posts mentioned Rey and Kylo. They don't talk about the dynamic, but it hovers in the air all around them. But hey, I think it's about time OT fanboys learned that LF isn't making these movies to pander to their boring 80s mindsets.
@MyOnlyHope

Shockingly, KK said that straight up. No sugar coating. She said they owed nothing to old fanboys. So the writing was literally on the wall and in other prints.

And lot that positive feeling space. That cracked me up first time I saw it. I thought, wow, they are not taking this marketing campaign well at all, and I couldn't be happier. lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 01 Dec 2017, 1:14 pm

vaderito wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
@vaderito
@MyOnlyHope

Shockingly, KK said that straight up. No sugar coating. She said they owed nothing to old fanboys. So the writing was literally on the wall and in other prints.

And lot that positive feeling space. That cracked me up first time I saw it. I thought, wow, they are not taking this marketing campaign well at all, and I couldn't be happier. lol!
@vaderito

I actually saw the OT in the theatre, as have several people here, and I cannot understand this fanboy mindset. It was like at Dragoncon where there were all these panels run by people who barely acknowledged Rey or Kylo or the new team's existence. It was like Luke and George Lucas all day long. I mean I loved the 80s. It was my childhood and a lot of awesome stuff happened in the 80s (hence all the desires to reboot things like Poltergeist), but time goes on and things evolve. It was honestly like being caught in a time warp in some of those panels.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 01 Dec 2017, 1:34 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
@vaderito
@MyOnlyHope

@vaderito

I actually saw the OT in the theatre, as have several people here, and I cannot understand this fanboy mindset.  It was like at Dragoncon where there were all these panels run by people who barely acknowledged Rey or Kylo or the new team's existence. It was like Luke and George Lucas all day long. I mean I loved the 80s. It was my childhood and a lot of awesome stuff happened in the 80s (hence all the desires to reboot things like Poltergeist), but time goes on and things evolve. It was honestly like being caught in a time warp in some of those panels.
@SoloSideCousin
Oh I love the 80s as well! Stories were told in such an emotional, character-centric way back then. So many of my favourite movies are from that time period.

But it's like one of the fundamental messages of the ST that OT truthers just don't want to accept is the idea of letting go of the past, moving forward and being open to new experiences and relationships. There's a reason Kylo is something of a symbol for OT fanboys. Embracing the future is what Rey embodies now, and I'm sure Kylo will join her. Things like the obsession with parentage or the desire for Luke to be the hero completely undermine the amazing character that Rey already is. They don't realize it, but they want to hold the character back in her past and prevent her from developing. The whole situation is just indicative of people's desire to relive what was as opposed to what could be. Super frustrating.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 01 Dec 2017, 2:09 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
@vaderito
@MyOnlyHope

@vaderito

I actually saw the OT in the theatre, as have several people here, and I cannot understand this fanboy mindset.  It was like at Dragoncon where there were all these panels run by people who barely acknowledged Rey or Kylo or the new team's existence. It was like Luke and George Lucas all day long. I mean I loved the 80s. It was my childhood and a lot of awesome stuff happened in the 80s (hence all the desires to reboot things like Poltergeist), but time goes on and things evolve. It was honestly like being caught in a time warp in some of those panels.
@SoloSideCousin
Oh I love the 80s as well! Stories were told in such an emotional, character-centric way back then. So many of my favourite movies are from that time period.

But it's like one of the fundamental messages of the ST that OT truthers just don't want to accept is the idea of letting go of the past, moving forward and being open to new experiences and relationships. There's a reason Kylo is something of a symbol for OT fanboys. Embracing the future is what Rey embodies now, and I'm sure Kylo will join her. Things like the obsession with parentage or the desire for Luke to be the hero completely undermine the amazing character that Rey already is. They don't realize it, but they want to hold the character back in her past and prevent her from developing. The whole situation is just indicative of people's desire to relive what was as opposed to what could be. Super frustrating.
@MyOnlyHope

Even so, it's weird to me that fanboys are the way they are.  When I first saw TFA, I saw the non platonic connection between these two, and never questioned it.  I never questioned because while I was floored that this was the story we were getting, it was at the center of everything I knew Star Wars to be.  This time they are combining the three elements of  love, hope and redemption into a single story arc.  It doesn't veer that far off the already beaten path that George Lucas laid out.  Sure it's a more modern story than the OT or PT era, but the fundamentals haven't changed.  

And agreed about DragonCon!  I think it was the panel about diving into the nature of the Force where we were like....yeah one isn't for us.  Shocked  We left half way through...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Fri 01 Dec 2017, 2:19 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
@vaderito
@MyOnlyHope

Sounds then that in some spaces Rey + Kylo is the elephant in the room .. Smile
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Dec 2017, 2:22 pm

LesCousinsDangereux wrote:
Sounds then that in some spaces Rey + Kylo is the elephant in the room .. Smile
@LesCousinsDangereux

How much stuck in the Denialville one must be when they aren't elephant in the room anymore from LF marketing POV? lol!

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Fri 01 Dec 2017, 2:26 pm

I also loved the training featurette ! Smile

I liked Adam Driver's training most of all. Because his fight sequences look the more interesting plus we have not seen much of it before (we have seen more Rey training footage here and there).

And if we needed more evidence for the Rey+Kylo vs PG, this featurette would be quite useful on that score. However, we are waaay past the point of needing more evidence for that. It has been completely certain for some time now Smile

Also in the featurette:

Gwen Christie: “This is the hardest physical thing I have done yet.”

Me: But you have fought the Hound?! How can 'this' be harder? scratch

It seems the fight with Finn will be intense and exciting. But being honest, I can’t say Finn is as tough an opponent as the Hound. Neutral
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Dec 2017, 2:35 pm

They are programmed to hype every new thing. When GoT Season 8 promo starts, you bet she'll say that was the toughest thing.

That said, Adam's fight is so raw and not-overly-choreographed unlike other, more ballet-ic fights. I hope they keep his Medieval grit.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 01 Dec 2017, 2:49 pm

I'm one of the people who loved the OT as a kiddo but I definitely was not interested in toy/swag collecting and also it was something I did for me that made me happy. I had one friend where we'd see the movies together and geek out over them, but it was very much not dialed in to fandom. And when adolescence hit, there were other things that caught my attention and I moved on. The thing with a lot of these OT diehards who are our supposed contemporaries is that they never stopped being so obsessed with it. Which if your love and passion for something deepens with time and experience, great. One of my friends interviewed a super fan who focuses on travel and prop collecting (her site focuses on collecting/auctions), which was fascinating to read. But the people who stayed firmly rooted in the OT mindset as a peak life and cultural experience? I can't relate to them the same way I stopped being an active part of the record collecting and show attending scene because the amount of one upmanship, gatekeeping, obsessiveness, and defensive nostalgia a lot of music fans get entrenched gets exhausting. High Fidelity is the book/movie about the pitfalls of defining who you are around what you love, be it music or Star Wars

That said, I'll say from anecdotal observation, for every rabid OT fan with a Luke fixation who sees the ST through that prism and complains about Kylo not being Vader and how Rey "has" to be Luke's daughter, there's an equally rabid and vocal PT fan. Who's not just defensive about that being the trilogy they love from their childhood given OT fan snark, but equally has strong opinions about how Rey "has" to be a certain way. All thanks to George Lucas turning Padme from a teenage queen warrior with a girl gang into the anti-hero's sad tragic girlfriend who exists to cause his fall to the dark side and reproduce the OT heroes. The PT fans may also have a tiny bit of internalized misogyny/defensiveness that Rey "has" to be a strong, independent character because they probably enjoyed Titanic-lite type of romance in the PT. And there's the brilliant observation from here that OT fanboys who beat off to Slave Leia now want to bond with their daughters over the franchise and it very much changes the calculus in how they react (talk about the actual patriarchy) to Rey.

Anyways, both groups are coming from a certain place, tied in with how they experienced *their* trilogy and how that informs their expectations and hopes for the ST. Have to say, having been disengaged since the OT ended and getting caught up in more adult interests, I sort of feel like I have the best of both experiences. The OT love as part of my childhood and something which harkens back to that but is also moving in a new and exciting direction.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Fri 01 Dec 2017, 3:19 pm

Ooooooooh my gosh I just got in and missed it in real time. I just watched the BTS training, yeh first time my kids were with me so I couldn’t give too much away but hot diggidy dang I’ve just watched it through again five times over (along with those gifs) and I am in awe not just Adam but being able to glimpse how much effort they’re putting into the physical aspects. I can’t add much more apart from 12 days and counting for me - it cannot come soon enough
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Fri 01 Dec 2017, 4:20 pm

snufkin wrote:I'm one of the people who loved the OT as a kiddo but I definitely was not interested in toy/swag collecting and also it was something I did for me that made me happy. I had one friend where we'd see the movies together and geek out over them, but it was very much not dialed in to fandom. And when adolescence hit, there were other things that caught my attention and I moved on. The thing with a lot of these OT diehards who are our supposed contemporaries is that they never stopped being so obsessed with it. Which if your love and passion for something deepens with time and experience, great. One of my friends interviewed a super fan who focuses on travel and prop collecting (her site focuses on collecting/auctions), which was fascinating to read. But the people who stayed firmly rooted in the OT mindset as a peak life and cultural experience? I can't relate to them the same way I stopped being an active part of the record collecting and show attending scene because the amount of one upmanship, gatekeeping, obsessiveness, and defensive nostalgia a lot of music fans get entrenched gets exhausting. High Fidelity is the book/movie about the pitfalls of defining who you are around what you love, be it music or Star Wars

That said, I'll say from anecdotal observation, for every rabid OT fan with a Luke fixation who sees the ST through that prism and complains about Kylo not being Vader and how Rey "has" to be Luke's daughter, there's an equally rabid and vocal PT fan. Who's not just defensive about that being the trilogy they love from their childhood given OT fan snark, but equally has strong opinions about how Rey "has" to be a certain way. All thanks to George Lucas turning Padme from a teenage queen warrior with a girl gang into the anti-hero's sad tragic girlfriend who exists to cause his fall to the dark side and reproduce the OT heroes. The PT fans may also have a tiny bit of internalized misogyny/defensiveness that Rey "has" to be a strong, independent character because they probably enjoyed Titanic-lite type of romance in the PT. And there's the brilliant observation from here that OT fanboys who beat off to Slave Leia now want to bond with their daughters over the franchise and it very much changes the calculus in how they react (talk about the actual patriarchy) to Rey.

Anyways, both groups are coming from a certain place, tied in with how they experienced *their* trilogy and how that informs their expectations and hopes for the ST. Have to say, having been disengaged since the OT ended and getting caught up in more adult interests, I sort of feel like I have the best of both experiences. The OT love as part of my childhood and something which harkens back to that but is also moving in a new and exciting direction.
@snufkin

I'm glad I'm somewhere in the middle. I grew up with the OT in the late 90s/early 2000s, love them passionately and was very disappointed by the PT. But I've never been fixated on Luke, my favourite characters were Han and Darth Vader, I always loved the Leia/Han romance, and I also saw SW always more as fantasy/fairy-tale rather than sci-fi - which could explain why I noticed and loved Reylo. I have to admit that I was a bit like the OT fanboys at first when I saw TFA and disliked Kylo because he wasn't as cool as Vader, though I changed my mind after I had spend a few days thinking about Kylo and had realized he was a very complex and interesting character. I also went into the movie expecting Rey would be a Skywalker/Solo, so even though I immediately picked up on Reylo, I wasn't sure for a while which storyline I would prefer Very Happy But I really don't understand why OT fanboys are so narrow-minded and blind. They complain that TFA is too much like ANH but they also hate everything that is new and different from ANH and complain that Luke had such a small part. If they want everything to be exactly like in the OT, they should just watch the OT again, and if they want something new, they should be happy about getting something new. And their constant denial is just ridiculous. Even now they deny everything (even a Reylo alliance without romance), misinterpret and ignore quotes and are rude to everyone who has a different opinion. And the few who are finally starting to see it, complain that Rian is ruining the movie and doesn't understand Star Wars, and they claim that the majority of the GA will hate TLJ. I don't think there is any hope for those people, no matter how brilliant TLJ might be, they will hate it if it doesn't go the way they expect.

Edit: The funniest thing is that I recently watched a video about pointless changes GL made to the OT and the guy in the video was making fun of GL for including a scene in ESB that explained how Vader left Bespin as if people were too dumb to understand how he left without it. This reminded me of the OT fanboys who deny that there is still good in Kylo or that he felt compassion for Rey, because I have heard a lot of them say if Kylo was supposed to be that way, there would have been a scene to explain it. They were refusing to acknowledge any clues because they were not clear enough. They really need to have everything spelled-out to them, or they don't get it. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Forsythia on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Fri 01 Dec 2017, 4:36 pm

IoJovi wrote:

https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/168081702643/star-wars-the-last-jedi-training-featurette

Not sure if this has been posted yet?  I don't honestly know which part is my favorite, tbh...  Shocked
@IoJovi

OMGGG! Are you kidding me!!?? This is the best thing I ever wake up to!! I mean those Adam gifs that follows are really perfect for my Saturday morning cheers  The fight scenes looks very, very Asian style... omg I'm so happy T_T  Everyone looks so amazing! And of course Reylo will team up! I'm so glad there will be these physical fight scenes and not just "pew pew pew" combat scenes cheers
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Fri 01 Dec 2017, 5:17 pm

I added all his training scenes together, enjoy Smile
The Last Jedi Trailer(s): - Page 8 Giphy
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Fri 01 Dec 2017, 5:41 pm

Anakin Skywalker wrote:I added all his training scenes together, enjoy Smile
@Anakin Skywalker

Thank you ! I just spent about 4 minutes just watching that phone held close up. I’m going to sleep happy
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 01 Dec 2017, 5:50 pm

MrsWindu wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker

Thank you ! I just spent about 4 minutes just watching that phone held close up. I’m going to sleep happy
@MrsWindu

Must think clean thoughts, must think clean thoughts...

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Fri 01 Dec 2017, 6:24 pm

IoJovi wrote:
MrsWindu wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker

@MrsWindu

@IoJovi

I can't stop watching it too )))
and it's so strange that some people still think SW creators want THIS guy with this kind of marketing to stay just a villain Smile

Last edited by Anakin Skywalker on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Fri 01 Dec 2017, 6:25 pm

Not gonna lie, I'm drooling over my phone.

Last edited by Atenais on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightsofReylo_2015 Fri 01 Dec 2017, 6:33 pm

@Atenais

Same here.
Can’t. Stop. Watching. Yum!
KnightsofReylo_2015
KnightsofReylo_2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Fri 01 Dec 2017, 7:31 pm

Anakin Skywalker wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
MrsWindu wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker

@MrsWindu

@IoJovi

I can't stop watching it too )))
and it's so strange that some people still think SW creators want THIS guy with this kind of marketing to stay just a villain Smile
@Anakin Skywalker

I KNOW!!! Look at all these slow motion scenes!!!
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Fri 01 Dec 2017, 7:38 pm

Interesting analysis of the official trailer, especially the theory how Crait represents the good guys.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Fri 01 Dec 2017, 7:56 pm

hope he wont hurt himself with real lightseber Lolilol Confus
The Last Jedi Trailer(s): - Page 8 Ada10
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan