Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Podcasts

+52
Piper Maru
Mila95
kroi
AceofWands
Star Wars Connection
Socialnole
Starliteprism
Riri
KnightsofReylo_2015
Dar-ren19
Teo oswald
Let The Past Die
Irina de France
DeeBee
MrsWindu
12 Parsnips
Gemlake
Armadeus
BenRey
californiagirl
Night Huntress
Ynqve
Kylo Rey
Moonlight13
ZioRen
Darth Dingbat
Darth_Awakened
Tex
Birdwoman
nickandnora
FrolickingFizzgig
bashfulblueeyes3
giaciak2
IoJovi
cherrylipstick
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
Darth Rowan
Mana
Saracene
rey09
whisperingwillow
Cowgirlsamurai
Kylo Men
Reylo Lemon
PalmettoBlue
vaderito
rawpowah
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
56 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 12 Empty Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by DeeBee Sun 17 Jun 2018, 3:06 am

Anyone read/seen the latest Jedi council podcast? Kristian Harloff was not present.
I enjoyed it immensely! lol.

They even had an interesting discussion around how Qi'ra could be aiming to destroy the underworld from the inside - I thought this was so interesting because many of us see Qi'ra's story as having echoes of Kylo/Ben's... and many of us are speculating that he could end up destroying the FO from the inside..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Socialnole Fri 29 Jun 2018, 6:11 pm

DeeBee wrote:Anyone read/seen the latest Jedi council podcast? Kristian Harloff was not present.

They even had an interesting discussion around how Qi'ra could be aiming to destroy the underworld from the inside - I thought this was so interesting because many of us see Qi'ra's story as having echoes of Kylo/Ben's... and many of us are speculating that he could end up destroying the FO from the inside..
@DeeBee

Stopped listening officially last week when a host insulted the way Adam Driver looks and for the 80th time Harloff keeps calling for Kathleen Kennedy to step down. Found some other SW podcasts to listen to.
Socialnole
Socialnole
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Fri 29 Jun 2018, 7:16 pm

Socialnole wrote:
DeeBee wrote:Anyone read/seen the latest Jedi council podcast? Kristian Harloff was not present.

@DeeBee

Stopped listening officially last week when a host insulted the way Adam Driver looks and for the 80th time Harloff keeps calling for Kathleen Kennedy to step down. Found some other SW podcasts to listen to.
@Socialnole

What ones are you listening to?
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 21 Jul 2018, 8:43 pm

Hiya!
There's a new Lords of the Sith podcast that's been released..

[I guess we share this here and not in the SWC thread as they are independant but related - yes? no?]
Great job guys!!! I'm loving it!!!
Soooooo glad this is going to have another part and that you are taking your time going through all the evidence  sunny
Discussion: Podcasts - Page 12 Tumblr_o1khi8pTgt1qh2axio1_540
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection Sat 21 Jul 2018, 10:45 pm

DeeBee wrote:Hiya!

[I guess we share this here and not in the SWC thread as they are independant but related - yes? no?]
Soooooo glad this is going to have another part and that you are taking your time going through all the evidence  sunny
@DeeBee

Thanks for sharing! Since they are "daughters" of SWC, The Lords of the Sith and the Six Degrees of Kylo Ren podcast episodes can be shared in both the Star Wars Connection podcast thread and here. ^^
Star Wars Connection
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLlbPGNQ9_GMfOMxAhUm9Hg

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 21 Jul 2018, 10:54 pm

Star Wars Connection wrote:

@DeeBee

Thanks for sharing! Since they are "daughters" of SWC, The Lords of the Sith and the Six Degrees of Kylo Ren podcast episodes can be shared in both the Star Wars Connection podcast thread and here. ^^
@Star Wars Connection

Got it! Very Happy
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Mon 23 Jul 2018, 12:33 am

Star Wars Connection wrote:

@DeeBee

@Star Wars Connection

Yay! cheers

A new video with a huuuge cup of coffee and now I'm ready to face this Monday morning Twisted Evil
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 15 Aug 2018, 11:51 am

Hey everyone, Please come check out and subscribe to our new podcast, Six Degrees of Kylo Ren, a daughter project of Star Wars Connection, which features the talents of many of our amazing forum members!  Very Happy

Episode I - Favorite Star Wars Fanfiction

Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:39 pm

Tex wrote:Hey everyone, Please come check out and subscribe to our new podcast, Six Degrees of Kylo Ren, a daughter project of Star Wars Connection, which features the talents of many of our amazing forum members!  Very Happy

@Tex

Tex wrote:Hey everyone, Please come check out and subscribe to our new podcast, Six Degrees of Kylo Ren, a daughter project of Star Wars Connection, which features the talents of many of our amazing forum members!  Very Happy

@Tex

cheers cheers cheers
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Wed 15 Aug 2018, 4:02 pm

@Tex @IoJovi

Yay!! Just started listening, what a great discussion - oohhhhh man thank you so much for the links too !!! I have missed out on much Reylo fan fiction it seems. My evenings are partially spent looking for updates - sad but true.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 15 Aug 2018, 4:27 pm

MrsWindu wrote:@Tex @IoJovi

Yay!! Just started listening, what a great discussion - oohhhhh man thank you so much for the links too !!! I have missed out on much Reylo fan fiction it seems. My evenings are partially spent looking for updates - sad but true.
@MrsWindu

Glad you like it! Mary and Irina had so many great fic recommendations.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 22 Aug 2018, 10:18 am

Hey everyone! While this is not Reylo, this is about Star Wars and general themes in it, so here's 1 hour of me analysing a video game celebrating its 15th anniversary this year, Knights of the Old Republic. Hope you enjoy it Very Happy

Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Thu 23 Aug 2018, 2:50 pm

Lords of the Sith video:

AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Thu 23 Aug 2018, 4:57 pm

@AceofWands I loved that episode so much! I've listened to the iTunes version a few times, but I may have to watch the video to see the featured art, it looks really nice.
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Thu 23 Aug 2018, 11:15 pm

adamdrivershair wrote:@AceofWands I loved that episode so much! I've listened to the iTunes version a few times, but I may have to watch the video to see the featured art, it looks really nice.
@adamdrivershair

OMG that artist is amaaaazing! I forgot to post this in the Kylo Ren fanart thread, but check it out:
Discussion: Podcasts - Page 12 Gorgeo10
Source: Pandora Young's NSFW Instagram

You know that meme "It's so beautiful, I've looked at this 4 hours now"? That was me the first time I saw this. He is exquisite.

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 12 Giphy
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Thu 30 Aug 2018, 8:31 pm

Just finished transcribing points of interest in this interview with Michael Kogge; https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/9bkh81/tarkin_top_shelf_interview_w_michael_kogge/
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 02 Sep 2018, 6:43 am

Excellent video essay about how TLJ subverts male tropes in order to empower female and male characters with focus on Rose+Finn, Poe+Holdo+Leia, Luke+Rey.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 02 Sep 2018, 11:20 am

Riri wrote:Excellent video essay about how TLJ subverts male tropes in order to empower female and male characters with focus on Rose+Finn, Poe+Holdo+Leia, Luke+Rey.

@Riri

Unfortunately when asked about Reylo in the comments he called Kylo a school shooter and that it's super toxic and he's gong to make a video about it :/
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 02 Sep 2018, 11:28 am

@“Kylo Rey”

Wow didn’t expect that...

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 02 Sep 2018, 12:49 pm

Oof. I know many people here feel Reylo is mainstream and won't really be a shock when it happens because it's just so obvious. It's certainly more in the discourse far more than it ever was before TLJ, and Rey-Kylo was most people's favorite part of TLJ. Smile

But I do think the movie successfully tricked most of the audience, whether that was the intent or not, into thinking that IX will be a straightforward good versus evil battle, and that Kylo's potential for redemption, and by the same token Reylo, is either gone or as least in question. It may come as a pleasant surprise to some, since I think part of the point of TLJ was to clearly put the concept of a light-dark teamup into the open, only to seemingly snatch it away. You don't appreciate what you have until it's gone! But I do think much of the GA, and even big fans as well, think the ST has been emphasizing Kylo's definitive embrace of the dark side.

I applaud LF for not giving a darn what the fanbase thinks in their story for the ST. I for one think that even if IX is very much the movie we predict it will be, that in and of itself is still bold. What if there isn't even a traditional Jedi order at the end of all this? Who knows, IX honestly might be as divisive a movie as TLJ.

At least we can take comfort that the "Kylo is a toxic school shooter fascist" folks are a small part of the SW-viewing audience, regardless of how much they might think they speak for everyone else.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Sun 02 Sep 2018, 1:01 pm

I can understand the school shooter reading of Kylo after TFA tho even there I wouldn't go so literally for that very real life interpretation in a larger than life space fairytale.But after TLJ when the circumstances were revealed to us,I really can't get holding on to that.Like what does it make Luke,a teacher who pulled the weapon on a defenseless student for something he throught he might potentially do.Or how does it fit with half the students joining Ben against the other half.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 02 Sep 2018, 1:06 pm

why do they compare Kylo to a "school shooter" I really don't get that comparison?  scratch

Because he destroyed Luke's temple ? (by the force I hope we learn he didn't just slaughtered them- only to shut these anits up for good)

radicalized fundamentalist with a wrong mindset, yes - although we don't even know where he stands politically (bringing a new order to the galaxy can mean anything imo)

I'm also hearing many people calling him "space nazi" - which blows my mind. His motivations are all personal- he doesn't discriminate non-human races. He doesn't care about different species...I'm not even sure he cares about political beliefs. He just want to destroy the resistance to spite his parents and his uncle. It makes him a raging immature brat- but not a "nazi". Rolling Eyes

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 02 Sep 2018, 1:22 pm

3 years after TFA and we still need to see 'Kylo is a school shooter' hot takes.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 02 Sep 2018, 2:14 pm

I DON'T DESERVE TO HEAR THOSE THINGS.
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 02 Sep 2018, 2:23 pm

That was my first thought when I saw that post. Like are we really regurgitating 2015 discourse? This line of thinking is unfortunately still really prevalent even after TLJ, even though it's been made more reductive now. The fact that TLJ deepened Kylo's character, framed him as sympathetic and RJ even went to the lengths of having Luke Skywalker, one of the most legendary heroes and icons in cinema being somewhat responsible for his fall (which is still yielding backlash, 8 months later) should be ringing the alarm bells. By definition, if Kylo is a 'school shooter', isn't it extremely problematic that he has been portrayed as sympathetic then? Seriously. And as mentioned above, while Kylo has now obtained a political position as Supreme Leader, all his backstory, motivations, needs, wants etc are not politically motivated at all. He's an emotional, irrational and impulsive character who can sometimes be a tantrum throwing brat but they've been careful to have his character separated from politics. The reaction if/when Reylo happens is going to be quite something.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next