Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Podcasts

+52
Piper Maru
Mila95
kroi
AceofWands
Star Wars Connection
Socialnole
Starliteprism
Riri
KnightsofReylo_2015
Dar-ren19
Teo oswald
Let The Past Die
Irina de France
DeeBee
MrsWindu
12 Parsnips
Gemlake
Armadeus
BenRey
californiagirl
Night Huntress
Ynqve
Kylo Rey
Moonlight13
ZioRen
Darth Dingbat
Darth_Awakened
Tex
Birdwoman
nickandnora
FrolickingFizzgig
bashfulblueeyes3
giaciak2
IoJovi
cherrylipstick
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
Darth Rowan
Mana
Saracene
rey09
whisperingwillow
Cowgirlsamurai
Kylo Men
Reylo Lemon
PalmettoBlue
vaderito
rawpowah
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
56 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 11 Empty Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by vaderito Mon 09 Apr 2018, 3:07 pm

This is GREAT!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 15 Apr 2018, 7:45 pm

https://m.soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/mark-hamill-rian-johnson-interview-special

Rian and Mark were on the Empire Podcast. This was from the day after they were at the Empire awards. Non-TLJ talk. They talk about their first meeting, Mark talks about dealing with fame, and Rian talks about whether he gets recognised in public post-TLJ.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sat 28 Apr 2018, 4:14 am

Good vid. Focuses on "grey" morality and why that's so great.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 28 Apr 2018, 6:41 am

Riri wrote:Good vid. Focuses on "grey" morality and why that's so great.

@Riri

I was just coming here to post this! Very Happy Mikey gets it. The only thing I think he’s wrong about (and it’s a minor detail- maybe he hasn’t read the books) is his interpretation that Rey has probably been using the Jedi mind trick her whole life and that’s why she can in TFA. We all know that she probably got it from Kylo’s head. Wink
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sat 28 Apr 2018, 11:59 am

@Cowgirlsamurai

Lol yes, he clearly didnt read the novel. Also "Kylo is the dynasty character. He is both a Solo and a Skywalker. And he offers to burn it all down just to make his friend feel better because she spent her entire life lying to herself about being important, about being somebody" makes Ben look so sweet lol, yeah he definitely sees her more than a friend Wink

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 28 Apr 2018, 12:18 pm

"friend"

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 11 Giphy

Ah yes Rey, let's rule the galaxy together as BFFs in a My Little Pony episode. You're my bestest friend evah!! Let's get friendship bracelets!11

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 30 Apr 2018, 5:00 am

Brilliant video.

"These stories are both about finding balance in order to keep two sides from destroying the universe around them, but the message is far deeper and meaningful, when we're young we're attempting to figure out who we are, through our trials and inner struggles and trauma, we add a little bit of light and a little bit of dark to ourselves, but ultimately we choose who we want to be and whether to act as our best or worst selves. Finding balance is about understanding the light and dark within ourselves, becoming at peace with it, about growing up."

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 30 Apr 2018, 6:39 am

rawpowah wrote:"friend"

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 11 Giphy

Ah yes Rey, let's rule the galaxy together as BFFs in a My Little Pony episode. You're my bestest friend evah!! Let's get friendship bracelets!11

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
@rawpowah

Season 8 of MLP is now centered over the new School of Friendship, creatures from across Equestria learning about friendship under one hoof, err roof.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 30 Apr 2018, 9:13 am

What The Force have a podcast but they finally created a youtube channel and uploaded all their discussions! Here's the latest one, it's great!

Wayward Jedi again!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Mon 30 Apr 2018, 9:31 am

@Starliteprism

Speaking of MLP, Twilight's got her work cut out for her: she's got the Princess gig, the giant crystal map, and now the school. I'd say she's gotten better at handling stress.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 30 Apr 2018, 2:08 pm

Armadeus wrote:@Starliteprism

Speaking of MLP, Twilight's got her work cut out for her: she's got the Princess gig, the giant crystal map, and now the school. I'd say she's gotten better at handling stress.
@Armadeus

Totally! I mean, she does has Spike to somewhat help her out, personal assistant and all and the mane 6 is kinda a pseudo 7 with the new girl, Starlight Glimmer(she sounds similar to Twilight, but isn't she the singing voice of Twilight, but now with a speaking role?) I am just waiting for a bit more Discord action and Fluttershy pairings. :-p
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Mon 30 Apr 2018, 10:32 pm

Starliteprism wrote:
Armadeus wrote:@Starliteprism

@Armadeus

Totally! I mean, she does has Spike to somewhat help her out, personal assistant and all and the mane 6 is kinda a pseudo 7 with the new girl, Starlight Glimmer(she sounds similar to Twilight, but isn't she the singing voice of Twilight, but now with a speaking role?) I am just waiting for a bit more Discord action and Fluttershy pairings. :-p
@Starliteprism

I think we're pretty much guaranteed a Discord / Fluttershy episode per season at this point Razz

With regards to Twilight's singing voice, you're thinking of Sunset Shimmer.

I honestly wouldn't mind more Starlight, Trixie, and Discord episodes like we got in the Season 6 finale. I think those three play well off each other.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 22 May 2018, 7:30 pm

Just turned up on my podcast lists, Chef David Chang (if you've ever been to Momofuko in New York) just launched a podcast and latest episode is

New podcast is up! A quick break from the pre-opening diaries. My very first interview with Star Wars “The Last Jedi” director @rianjohnson & @KarinaLongworth of “You Must Remember This” @RememberThisPod

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Wed 23 May 2018, 5:24 am

snufkin wrote:Just turned up on my podcast lists, Chef David Chang (if you've ever been to Momofuko in New York) just launched a podcast and latest episode is

New podcast is up! A quick break from the pre-opening diaries. My very first interview with Star Wars “The Last Jedi” director @rianjohnson & @KarinaLongworth of “You Must Remember This” @RememberThisPod

@snufkin

This was a really good podcast. They talk about cooking (duh) and the best cities for different types of foods.

There's also a segment about food criticism and they link it to film criticism and criticism of TLJ. Very interesting.

Btw, you should all totally check out Karina's podcast if you haven't already, especially if you're into Old Hollywood, history and film criticism. It's my favorite podcast
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 23 May 2018, 12:06 pm

rawpowah wrote:
snufkin wrote:Just turned up on my podcast lists, Chef David Chang (if you've ever been to Momofuko in New York) just launched a podcast and latest episode is

@snufkin

This was a really good podcast. They talk about cooking (duh) and the best cities for different types of foods.

There's also a segment about food criticism and they link it to film criticism and criticism of TLJ. Very interesting.

Btw, you should all totally check out Karina's podcast if you haven't already, especially if you're into Old Hollywood, history and film criticism. It's my favorite podcast
@rawpowah

Oh I’ve been listening to her podcast for awhile now & agree that it’s excellent. I was born in LA and the whole history of the industry in that city (and truth v reality) is an endlessly fascinating topic. And I can definitely relate/feel envious of finding a way to focus on what you’re interested in for your work versus feeling like you have to engage with things you’re not interested in because the terms are set by somebody else. It’s almost too bad that he’s her partner so the topic is off limits because the history and cinematic influences/influence for Star Wars is so ripe for discussion.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Wed 23 May 2018, 12:16 pm

@snufkin Yeah Karina has a policy of not discussing/reviewing movies from people she knows, which I understand because of the conflict of interest. I'd love it if she did a SW related episode in the future for her podcast (she could definitely have one episode on George Lucas, for example), but I doubt it's going to happen precisely because of the affiliation. Maybe we can hope for a Cocteau Beauty and the Beast one Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 23 May 2018, 1:59 pm

@rawpowah yeah unfortunately we’ll never get to hear her perspective, even if she’s already written a book about George Lucas. Which I get trying to avoid conflict of interest. But it’s valuable even as oral history. Rian Johnson worked with Carrie Fisher on the editing and final drafts of the script and you can imagine that there were probably conversations between the two of them that drew on her knowledge and history with both the franchise and film industry.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Wed 23 May 2018, 2:24 pm

@snufkin Maybe there's a chance after Episode IX, since that will have wrapped up the Skywalker Saga and we'll get the full picture of what Lucas and LF were trying to accomplish.

If not, then maybe when Rian's trilogy wraps up.... so like 10 years later Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 23 May 2018, 2:35 pm

@rawpowah I hope I’m still alive when the NDAs expire because I’d love to know what Kasdan’s ideas about Han and how that relates to his son’s arc (and writing it with his son), what it was like for Rian Johnson to collaborate with Carrie Fisher as a writer, and ALL THE DIRT on the rise and fall of Colin Trevorrow.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 23 May 2018, 2:51 pm

snufkin wrote:@rawpowah I hope I’m still alive when the NDAs expire because I’d love to know what Kasdan’s ideas about Han and how that relates to his son’s arc (and writing it with his son), what it was like for Rian Johnson to collaborate with Carrie Fisher as a writer, and ALL THE DIRT on the rise and fall of Colin Trevorrow.
@snufkin

ALL THE DIRT. It's like once something bad is averted, suddenly we want to know all the things about the bad thing that never happened.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 23 May 2018, 6:15 pm

Fortunately, most of the dirt on Trevorrow isn't too hard to figure out given how his rise is well documented in the industry and national press and then all of his subsequent prickly press interviews. It'd be interesting to see what his ideas were for IX, how he worked with Rian Johnson (who has diplomatically never said anything but obviously comes out of the ST as the star pupil), and what were the specific conflicts which led to his dismissal. There was some Redditor who claimed to have an inside track and details like he thought being cool with Spielberg and Frank Marshall meant that KK couldn't touch him.

LF's early days are easy to track because of the interviews and oral histories with people like Gary Kurtz, Marcia Lucas, and Gloria Katz (plus everything Carrie Fisher ever wrote). These days they're under the control of Disney, which is so paranoid about its public image that it blocked the authorized biography of Ward Kimball, one of Disney's Nine Old Men, because real life doesn't mesh with the corporate history they want to project. Can imagine that they'll be the same way with LF going forward, especially after JD Rinzler's blog about working there, warts and all, mysteriously evaporated from the Internet.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 23 May 2018, 9:45 pm

@snufkin That WSJ article a week or two ago indicated JJ and KK had some amount of creative clashing. Obviously not that much, since they still got out a well-reviewed movie that relaunched SW in theatres to great commercial success, and in a reasonable time frame. Plus JJ still hung around to executive produce/see the story not go off the rails, and now he's back for IX. He and Terrio seemed to get out a satisfactory script in not too long, unlike the departed Trevorrow.

But the TFA script was written rather quickly, and there were substantial rewrites and reshoots, if without actually firing anyone. And Rian was the one who had this complete vision in his head, which he wrote entirely by himself, that everyone involved let him do. Plus he didn't have to rewrite or do substantial reshoots for TLJ. Now he's the critical darling getting a whole extra trilogy entirely under his control.

If I were JJ, and had to revamp the franchise, was essentially the guinea pig before LF completely knew what they were doing or how to do it, and got a lot of flack for being rehashy in TFA, then saw Rian go off and be the special child, I might be a little forlorn. He doesn't seem like a very jealous person, he really let Rian just do his thing, but remember how he said he wish he were directing TLJ, he loved it so much? And more recently how he had all these ideas for the ending installment that he thought he would never be able to actually do himself? And this from Rolling Stone last year:

But when the opportunity presented itself to finish a story that we had begun with these new characters, to tell the last chapter of their story, it felt like there was a chance to do it in a way where we could go beyond, and  do better than we did in Seven. I learned so much in that movie and I saw that this was a chance to sort of realize something that we hadn't quite achieved – and part of that was it was simply the beginning of these new characters and their story. The opportunity to sort of take what we had learned, to take the feeling of who these characters are and what they are and give them a final chapter that felt in the spirit of what we begun? It was too delicious of an opportunity to pass up.

I feel a bit bad for him, he's always seemed a little insecure about TFA. But now he's got IX, and he's seemed pretty confident and excited about whatever he's made thus far. I wonder how much he knew/was involved in CT's script. Will we ever know? This is more mysterious than the actual film.

Had to edit because my quote got lost!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Thu 24 May 2018, 10:06 am

I always felt bad for J.J. with the criticisms about how it was just a copy of ANH. I think he did an amazing job. I dare anyone to step into his shoes for all the pressure he had on him. He had to bridge a gap of forty years by bringing back old beloved characters, creating new characters, setting up new plot points for the next movie, all while trying to please a fandom that he knows well. I have seen him interviews after TFA came out and he was very aware of the criticism. I hope and feel like he will go all out on this last movie. The only that I was disappointed with TFA was the world building. People can say whatever they want about the prequels, but the world GL created were amazing and beautiful. They had real character: the costumes, creatures, and scenery really made you feel you were on another world. While we did get to see some different worlds in TFA, they lacked character. I totally understand they had so many other things to worry about, it is just one of my favorite parts of Star Wars. Anyway, I think and hope J.J. will create an amazing movie.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 24 May 2018, 11:52 am

Kind of relevant to the discussion happening here lol. @Snufkin you may find this of interest. Is it too much to hope they'll talk about TLJ, even in brief?

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 11 Img_0611
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 24 May 2018, 12:42 pm

@Kylo Rey Oooh good catch! WGA usually records its talks and posts them to the web afterwards, so fingers crossed we'll get to hear what they have to discuss. And notice how in the past few weeks something we long suspected on here, LF confirms that Kasdan had input on TLJ's screenplay, was confirmed in one of the news stories about Solo.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next