Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+74
PalmettoBlue
Teo oswald
cherrylipstick
EchoBase
MrsWindu
TheBastardofMandalore
Reylo Lemon
Gemini
reylo1992
BenSoloLives
MoonFyre
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
Armadeus
cnunn
cirelle
RKR Connection
Darth Rowan
soulluos
Helix
Kylo Men
grimbergen
Mana
snowqueen6
nonesuch
MeadowofAshes
GiGiMarie
TheLastJedi
MindAndMagic
Moonjump05
reylodownlo
LadyHa
Kessel
AceofWands
ReyofLightSide
nite0wl29
ThereThere
ZephyrStrife
Nimbus002
Nyx
Darth_Awakened
rawpowah
ZioRen
benorganasolo
SheLitAFire
AnneNeville
BenRey
asterism
whisperingwillow
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
panki
keelyshea24
Krafty
AcrosstheStars
Chris24601
teltaru
motherofpearl1
vaderito
Kylo Rey
Birdwoman
Night Huntress
Blackcanary
special_cases
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Meomeo
Piper Maru
DarthRen
Ynqve
SkyStar
78 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 22 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by panki Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:45 am

DarthRen wrote:
vaderito wrote:I know only one truth: Reylo is canon and it's critically raved! All anti's BS that it would be like Twilight went out of the window. Reylo is receiving accolades! It's an undeniable, full-blown, critically certified success! We were right! This is the story worth telling and Rian said the next director would have his hands full with central to the plot romance. After how TLJ ended, there's no going back. Romance will be central to the plot. Our star-crossed lovers are the Renperor and the Leader of the New Jedi/Resistance. You can't avoid making the romance central. Anyone who is hoping that Rey meeting Poe (the same scene from novleization minus the hug) is going to blow up into the main romance needs to face reality now. Not happening. Reylo is the characters that were set up for romance from the start and their love story will be central to IX. End of.
@vaderito

Was really there a hug in the novelization? I remember only Rey found him good looking. I guess, I have to re-read it but it's too late for that. Reylo is in motion, it will continue.
@DarthRen

There was a hug between Rey and Poe in the TFA novel but its not canon since the movie didn't show the scene.... don't worry @Meomeo, the Poe Dameron comics seems to be setting up Jessika Pava as Poe's love interest since she has an obvious crush on him, their body language indicates more than a friendly interest, they hug and he is always worrying about her. (because of some childhood trauma)....even the leaked VD shows her helmet on his page. Poe still hasn't even met Rey properly in canon if we go by the TLJ VD so I would not worry much.

Last edited by panki on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 22 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Piper Maru Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:47 am

Adam and Daisy must have laughed their asses off in private everytime a parentage question came up. THE SEXUAL TENSION IS UNBELIEVABLE!
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:49 am

My instant reaction to the hand scene - noooo my poor bb being rejecteeed! Smart moves RJ! Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:55 am

just watching a review on German television - the reviewer is totally in awe! He says it's THE BEST Star Wars MOVIE EVER EVER!
And he is known to be grumpy and very honest!
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:59 am

DarthRen wrote:
vaderito wrote:I know only one truth: Reylo is canon and it's critically raved! All anti's BS that it would be like Twilight went out of the window. Reylo is receiving accolades! It's an undeniable, full-blown, critically certified success! We were right! This is the story worth telling and Rian said the next director would have his hands full with central to the plot romance. After how TLJ ended, there's no going back. Romance will be central to the plot. Our star-crossed lovers are the Renperor and the Leader of the New Jedi/Resistance. You can't avoid making the romance central. Anyone who is hoping that Rey meeting Poe (the same scene from novleization minus the hug) is going to blow up into the main romance needs to face reality now. Not happening. Reylo is the characters that were set up for romance from the start and their love story will be central to IX. End of.
@vaderito

Was really there a hug in the novelization? I remember only Rey found him good looking. I guess, I have to re-read it but it's too late for that. Reylo is in motion, it will continue.
@DarthRen

Yes. But it's an awkward hug. And who wouldn't have the same reaction as Rey? Poe IS handsome.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:01 am

panki wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@vaderito

@DarthRen

There was a hug between Rey and Poe in the TFA novel but its not canon since the movie didn't show the scene.... don't worry @Meomeo, the Poe Dameron comics seems to be setting up Jessika Pava as Poe's love interest since she has an obvious crush on him, their body language indicates more than a friendly interest, they hug and he is always worrying about her. (because of some childhood trauma)....even the leaked VD shows her helmet on his page. Poe still hasn't even met Rey properly in canon if we go by the TLJ VD so I would not worry much.
@panki

Pretty sure the hug is canon since it's in the novelization. But one awkward hug is not anywhere near enough to stop Reylo.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:03 am

Guys, you know very well that 2 people meeting=/= set up for something. Those who are jumping on the "Rey and Poe will have romance cause they say Hi to each other as soon as she closes the door on Kylo which is 1 min before the movie end" are setting themselves up for Reywalker/Soloist/Plagueis/Finnrey-level of disappointment. It's repeating of mistaking callbacks and/or their wishful thinking (anything but reylo!) for narrative set up. It's really simple. Those characters were bound to meet. That their meeting was delayed for next to last minute of the Movie 2 out of 3 tells you all you need to know. Same goes for Finnrey. They reunite in the last minutes of the movie with Finn caring for Rose. The whole of TLJ is dedicated to Rey building her relationship with Kylo (that started in TFA), not with other characters from TFA (save Luke). IX will be about rey and Kylo too, as the central relationship. It has always been. Only this time it will be central romance cause they love each other despite anger and differences. That's how romance works. It thrives on drama.

There's absolutely no need to fear a last minute safe romantic outcome in IX when they spent 2 movies building up risky Reylo reaping critical accolades for it. Give them some credit. Everyone and their mother is going to see IX. They have no reason to play it save in the movie that EVERYONE is going to see. They can only go crazier cause they can afford it.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:03 am

That scene between Kylo and Rey in the elevator reminds me of Jon and Daenerys in the cave at Dragonstone. Those looks of two people who want to be together, longing and touching. Just that Adam and Daisy got better chemistry, not ashamed to admit it.

Blurry, bad cam and still can tell this is epic.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:10 am

Kylo Men wrote:I haven't looked at the quotes, but assuming they're as shippy as advertised ...... I mean, which film would you rather see:

Leia: I think you still love him.
Rey: No, I don't. I'm sharpening my light saber for him as we speak. But if I do, it will probably come flooding back in a particularly emotional climatic/dramatic moment.

OR:

Leia: I think you still love him.
Rey: Love him? Oh that's silly. We are merely platonic acquaintances who have worked together on occasion. We both know I could never have a romance with Kylo Ren. That would be a problematic ship that might set a bad example for small girls.

Fanboys are not always great judges of subtlety.
@Kylo Men

lol! lol! cheers cheers cheers

Also:

Shirtless Kylo embarrasses Rey/Rey and Kylo (with his gloves off) hold hands, entwine their fingers = totally platonic

Rey and Poe say Hi to each other = most epic romance incoming!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:12 am

Night Huntress wrote:just watching a review on German television - the reviewer is totally in awe! He says it's THE BEST Star Wars MOVIE EVER EVER!
And he is known to be grumpy and very honest!
@Night Huntress

We also have a particularly grumpy and outspoken local journalist and he was floored by Rey and Kylo. I could tell reading his review that he really was shocked at how much he liked it, especially that the used to hate Kylo with a passion until now. "As if they were made for each other" is what he said. People dig this.

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:14 am

Ynqve wrote:
panki wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@vaderito

@DarthRen

@panki

Pretty sure the hug is canon since it's in the novelization. But one awkward hug is not anywhere near enough to stop Reylo.
@Ynqve

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 22 Canon_1

Poe never met Rey in the movie indicates they never met in canon since the movie supersedes the novel in case of inconsistency.....even the leaked TLJ VD reaffirms this point that the two haven't met. Poe has his own character arc...it need not be linked to Rey's arc at all (that is Kylo's job)

I don't get the Poe mocking that is happening (some people on this forum, myself included happen to like Poe as a character)...the guy hasn't even met Rey and its unlikely he even will until the end of episode 9.... their arcs have been completely different.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:19 am

nonesuch wrote:With regards to redemption, Leia accepts that her son is gone towards the end of TLJ. It's made clear that Rey is the only person capable of seeing the light within him - if redemption happens, it will definitely be through her.
@nonesuch

As it should be. Rey wouldn't be the hero otherwise. The greatest heroes are not the ones who slew the most enemies but the ones that did what others couldn't - found love for those that nobody could love (anymore or ever) or, if the hero was on the villain path atm finding unconditional love that elevated him to a hero status. Romance has to be transformational. That's why Rey + Finn or Rey + Poe was never going to happen. No transformation. This is a fantasy story a fairytale. Love is magic. Magic transforms. Love transforms. Listen to the Mighty Twins @Frolickingfizzgig @MyonlyHope yes, the future looks bleak atm but it should in chapter 2. SW is a story of hope and optimism, it won't end the Skywalker story on a downbeat note.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SkyStar Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:26 am

Now it couldn't be that they set up this tense relationship between Kylo and Rey and then she ends up with Poe. That would be too anticlimactic - if they dared to make TLJ the way it is, they won't shy away from continuing it. And look at all the people waiting to see more of their connection and thinking that they are perfect together - it totally worked! cheers
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:26 am

They really want Kylo to feel he has no chance with Rey, to go bigger extremes good or bad, maybe both. It makes for a better story. I gotta give it to you @Piper Maru this can be glorious.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:16 am

[quote="Darth Rowan"]
MeadowofAshes wrote:
Helix wrote:'This is the Fandom Police, Rian! You're under arrest!'
@Helix

They finally realized the Reylo is coming from inside the house.
@MeadowofAshes

This made me LAUGH like ahahahaha. ROFL

They thought Reylo Johnson was on the same page as them, but guess what? *dramatic pause* He was one of us the whole time.
@Darth Rowan

Yep. That's basically  the "I'am your father" moment on meta level just for fanboys.

They were asking for it - they got it!

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 22 Giphy
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:25 am

I feared the end would be much much worse- like it will be left open if Kylo even survived or that Snoke really took over his body or sucked out his energy- whatever.

Of course they must make it look like it's hopeless - otherwise there would be no conflict or story to tell in IX.
Snoke is dead - I predict it won't be a big bad villain to defeat in IX like in the OT... the enemy will be Ben's inner struggle and journey to either redemption or destruction.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 13 Dec 2017, 3:35 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:
Nimbus002 wrote:*jaw drops* that sexual tension is so palpable wtf I was not executing it to be THAT intense wow Shocked
@Nimbus002

It's like the RO elevator scene times ten.
@ReyofLightSide

Oh there's a chance that Pablo won't see them as a co-workers.

lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:00 am

I imagine at the next celebration Mark being the third wheel again, when it was Han and Leia before there will be Reylo marriage proposals instead Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:04 am

special_cases wrote:OMG ViewerAnon (main leaker from Reddit) is saying: "I don't know if I'm Reylo, but I'm totally invested in Kylo and Rey as characters. Their relationship is dynamite."

People love them.
@special_cases

Ahhh lovely to see those guys finding a Reylo in themselves.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:08 am

...and some boards even banned all Reylo themes to be discussed- I wonder how they feel now? Must be...awkward Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:10 am

Night Huntress wrote:...and some boards even banned all Reylo themes to be discussed- I wonder how they feel now? Must be...awkward Confus
@Night Huntress

yup, it's hysterical Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:14 am

SkyStar wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:...and some boards even banned all Reylo themes to be discussed- I wonder how they feel now? Must be...awkward Confus
@Night Huntress

yup, it's hysterical Very Happy
@SkyStar

how do they discuss and review the movie now? Will be difficult avoiding that topic lol! lol! lol!

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next