Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+74
PalmettoBlue
Teo oswald
cherrylipstick
EchoBase
MrsWindu
TheBastardofMandalore
Reylo Lemon
Gemini
reylo1992
BenSoloLives
MoonFyre
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
Armadeus
cnunn
cirelle
RKR Connection
Darth Rowan
soulluos
Helix
Kylo Men
grimbergen
Mana
snowqueen6
nonesuch
MeadowofAshes
GiGiMarie
TheLastJedi
MindAndMagic
Moonjump05
reylodownlo
LadyHa
Kessel
AceofWands
ReyofLightSide
nite0wl29
ThereThere
ZephyrStrife
Nimbus002
Nyx
Darth_Awakened
rawpowah
ZioRen
benorganasolo
SheLitAFire
AnneNeville
BenRey
asterism
whisperingwillow
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
panki
keelyshea24
Krafty
AcrosstheStars
Chris24601
teltaru
motherofpearl1
vaderito
Kylo Rey
Birdwoman
Night Huntress
Blackcanary
special_cases
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Meomeo
Piper Maru
DarthRen
Ynqve
SkyStar
78 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by MeadowofAshes Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:30 am

@Maria Antonietta Are you saying you need a teacher? Laughing  Secondary educators aren't very well paid in my state... I could use the cash... lol!

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by cherrylipstick Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:40 am

@MeadowofAshes
Sorry to interrupt but I can't stop looking at you image, that scene...  H-beating
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:51 am

cherrylipstick wrote:@MeadowofAshes
Sorry to interrupt but I can't stop looking at you image, that scene...  H-beating
@cherrylipstick

It's the first time (that I know of) we see Ben truly happy - when he knows she wants to be with him too. My poor heart! Sad Sad Sad

And then the big idiot goes full on Renperor. Asshat.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:28 am

@MeadowofAshes

yeah  H-beating About to C poor little puppy, he has been so unlucky with his family, Luke and Snoke... He deserves happiness  Cheek kiss
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:35 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:I wonder if their visions of the future are both right? They may end up in the gray, and so both "turn" and rule side by side.
@ReyofLightSide

I don't know where Rey finds her damn strength! That "join me," speech was good enough for me. I didn't exactly hear him suggesting anything evil in that moment. Just "let's throw out all these labels and do what WE think is right." I would've taken his freaking hand and worried about the details later Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:35 am

grimbergen wrote:Well we can not forget that Star Wars is all symbolism. I read a very interesting opinion yesterday about Kylo and Rey breaking Anakin's lightsaber, breaking the past. Also as  Rey could have half of Kyber crystal and make a lightsaber unstable like Kylo's representing her also in conflict and somehow that both are incomplete, being a half. Beautiful things.

@grimbergen

Just back from seeing it and.... I absolutely loved it. Yes, not every mystery was solved. Yes, it was long. But I was hooked from start to finish. And to me the beating heart of the film was Reylo. Every scene with Rey and Kylo was priceless. I honestly thought I might dislike Kylo after he took over the FO...but no. I actually sympathised with him more. He's such a broken soul, a frightened boy still. Every thing he does is motivated by pain. Even the rage post Rey rejection was a sign of hurt. All i wanted was to give him a hug. Two things: Adam looked unbelievably poorly in this, yet he still was amazingly hot. And the lightsabre shattering.....if anyone thinks Kylo is lost this proves he isn't. The sabre broke in to because both of them were wrong. It couldn't decide between them. And also that they are two halves of a same whole who must be reunited. The symbolism is staring you in the face.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:35 am

yeah  H-beating About to C poor little puppy, he has been so unlucky with his family, Luke and Snoke... He deserves happiness  Cheek kiss
@cherrylipstick

He deserves to get his a** kicked for this.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:39 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:I wonder if their visions of the future are both right? They may end up in the gray, and so both "turn" and rule side by side.
@ReyofLightSide

I don't know where Rey finds her damn strength! That "join me," speech was good enough for me. I didn't exactly hear him suggesting anything evil in that moment. Just "let's throw out all these labels and do what WE think is right." I would've taken his freaking hand and worried about the details later Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

At this point I have the impression Renperor happened because Rey rejected "let's go Ronin". I know he's talking about bringing new order to the galaxy, but I don't think that necessarily entailed leading the First Order together. But we'll see when I see the whole thing in context.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:43 am

DarthRen wrote:

@cherrylipstick

@DarthRen
He's already had his a** kicked, repeatedly. That's what's wrong with him.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:50 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@Cowgirlsamurai

At this point I have the impression Renperor happened because Rey rejected "let's go Ronin". I know he's talking about bringing new order to the galaxy, but I don't think that necessarily entailed leading the First Order together. But we'll see when I see the whole thing in context.
@MeadowofAshes

That is exactly my thought. Kylo practically offered himself to her - and she tried to kill him. Just like his uncle. I think Rey still sees black and white. What she could have done was accepted his offer but with certain conditions. He killed his mentor and father figure for her...I think he would have listened.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sforza Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:52 am

I saw TLJ yesterday and I'm not disappointed. Reylo is canon, Rose and Finn are canon... Love it! Pop corn
Sforza
Sforza
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:53 am

DarthRen wrote:

@cherrylipstick

@DarthRen

Not again poor man ROFL
Now he needs a girlfriend!
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:59 am

cherrylipstick wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@cherrylipstick

@DarthRen

Not again poor man ROFL
Now he needs a girlfriend!
@cherrylipstick

He needs to sleep on the couch for a while and work on some deep yogic breathing for anger management, but then... yes.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:13 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@Cowgirlsamurai

I *think* had he not refused to call off the troops, she may have been more tempted. I think the scene before his join me speech is her begging him to call off the shooting but he doesn't and the Resistance is annihilated. I think that is when she fully realizes the path he is going down.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:13 am

He needs a hug.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:17 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@Cowgirlsamurai

I *think* had he not refused to call off the troops, she may have been more tempted. I think the scene before his join me speech is her begging him to call off the shooting but he doesn't and the Resistance is annihilated. I think that is when she fully realizes the path he is going down.
@ReyofLightSide

Ahh... some context would help then Embarassed I will find out more tonight... I just, AHH! can't help coming out of these movies wanting something GOOD to happen for Kylo. I'm totally biased, aren't it? Laughing I promise I don't root for the bad guys in real life! Shocked
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:23 am

It seems like Rey's thought process in the elevator is- I can save him! He can turn! Then Kylo saves her and kills Snoke and together they fight and kill the guards. So she is still thinking he is turning. And then....he lets the troops continue and it is a gut punch to her.

She has no choice but to refuse him.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sforza Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:25 am

I'm so happy to be back! WinksD
Sforza
Sforza
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:26 am

Welcome back @Sforza!!!!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:28 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:It seems like Rey's thought process in the elevator is- I can save him! He can turn! Then Kylo saves her and kills Snoke and together they fight and kill the guards. So she is still thinking he is turning. And then....he lets the troops continue and it is a gut punch to her.

She has no choice but to refuse him.
@ReyofLightSide
There is always a choice.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Starliteprism Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:40 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
grimbergen wrote:Well we can not forget that Star Wars is all symbolism. I read a very interesting opinion yesterday about Kylo and Rey breaking Anakin's lightsaber, breaking the past. Also as  Rey could have half of Kyber crystal and make a lightsaber unstable like Kylo's representing her also in conflict  and somehow that both are incomplete, being a half. Beautiful things.

@grimbergen

Just back from seeing it and....                                                                                                                                                                           I absolutely loved it. Yes, not every mystery was solved. Yes, it was long. But I was hooked from start to finish. And to me the beating heart of the film was Reylo. Every scene with Rey and Kylo was priceless. I honestly thought I might dislike Kylo after he took over the FO...but no. I actually sympathised with him more. He's such a broken soul, a frightened boy still. Every thing he does is motivated by pain. Even the rage post Rey rejection was a sign of hurt. All i wanted was to give him a hug.                                                                                                                     Two things: Adam looked unbelievably poorly in this, yet he still was amazingly hot.                                                                                                         And the lightsabre shattering.....if anyone thinks Kylo is lost this proves he isn't. The sabre broke in to because both of them were wrong. It couldn't decide between them. And also that they are two halves of a same whole who must be reunited. The symbolism is staring you in the face.
@motherofpearl1

This. In Bold. Feels so true.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:45 am

Unless they drop the whole grey jedi thing, it may be where they are headed.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:46 am

Meomeo wrote:Well she begged him not to kill the resistance and he didn’t listen to her. Serve him right. I mean it doesn’t hurt not killing them.
@Meomeo

I think to Kylo the Resistance was a symbol of everything that was taken from him.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:50 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Meomeo wrote:Well she begged him not to kill the resistance and he didn’t listen to her. Serve him right. I mean it doesn’t hurt not killing them.
@Meomeo

I think to Kylo the Resistance was a symbol of everything that was taken from him.
@motherofpearl1

I'm sure. Was he aware his mother was with them? Was he then okay for her to be killed? Curious to see how this plays out.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next