Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

+45
californiagirl
snufkin
Moonlight13
Dar-ren19
Kylo Rey
Let The Past Die
Riri
Armadeus
Cowgirlsamurai
vaderito
SoloSideCousin
nickandnora
cherrylipstick
rey09
giaciak2
Tex
rawpowah
Reylo Lemon
thescavenger
motherofpearl1
cirelle
SkyStar
Kessel
lauvamp
IoJovi
tukicarreno
Gemlake
Blood Moon
MrsWindu
ISeeAnIsland
SheLitAFire
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
EchoBase
Geralt_Riv
Atenais
Starliteprism
DarthRen
reylo1992
shii405
Kylo Men
nemapasara
ThereThere
LadyHa
Anakin Skywalker
49 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by MrsWindu Sun 18 Mar 2018, 5:09 pm

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 5 579c0e10
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 18 Mar 2018, 5:27 pm

Yay, so happy for Rian! He deserves it, the antis and haters will be seething lol. Congrats to Mark and Daisy too.

@Let The Past Die This is their last hurrah for TLJ, looks like RJ will begin work on his trilogy soon.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sun 18 Mar 2018, 5:30 pm

Let The Past Die wrote:Ram and Rian being interviewed separately before the awards, they are right at the beginning of the clip. Interesting the Empire Awards are basically the last hurrah for them on TLJ.

Edit - Oops wrong video, trying again!
@Let The Past Die

I bet it’s been a long 4 years for them two (I think that’s what was said in the BTS documentary) and this was the very last harrah as you put it. I liked hearing Ram’s ‘slowly slowly’ approach the other trilogy they’re working on. And it’s great that Rian is so enthusiastic about the music only version - I really can’t wait to view that

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Sun 18 Mar 2018, 5:41 pm

MrsWindu wrote:Mark and Rian just received Empire awards - hope there will be lots of pics soon

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 5 2976ea10
Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 5 51781110

UPDATE
Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 5 4c09b010
@MrsWindu

What does that mean? "In particular... her driver?"
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sun 18 Mar 2018, 5:57 pm

"In particular, her driver" is either a reference to her actual driver (chauffeur can be very supportive and good listeners I imagine, lol) or a cute reference to Adam. Smile Either way, congrats to them!

Last edited by nickandnora on Sun 18 Mar 2018, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 18 Mar 2018, 6:01 pm

nickandnora wrote:"In particular, her driver" is either a reference to her actual driver (chaffeaurs can be very supportive and good listeners I imagine, lol) or a cute reference to Adam. Smile Either way, congrats to them!
@nickandnora
"Driving miss Daisy" (like that interview they did together) Laughing Laughing Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 18 Mar 2018, 6:03 pm

Yeah it could be either one. As she's talking within the context of improving her performance, it could be Adam. If it is, that is a really cute pun. Laughing She's probably referring to her chauffeur though. Then again, Daisy is cheeky sometimes, so who knows...

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Sun 18 Mar 2018, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 18 Mar 2018, 6:05 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:
nickandnora wrote:"In particular, her driver" is either a reference to her actual driver (chaffeaurs can be very supportive and good listeners I imagine, lol) or a cute reference to Adam. :) Either way, congrats to them!
@nickandnora
"Driving miss Daisy" (like that interview they did together) :lol: :lol: :lol:
@Moonlight13

Ha, yep that has to be a tongue in cheek way of thanking him.

The "I don't know anything, JJ hasn't met with me yet" comment likely means "please don't hassle me about this" because she probably gets asked ad infinitum. There was a quote floating around when TLJ was in production that she'd asked Rian what was going to happen to Rey after the ending and he supposedly wouldn't tell her. Although now with knowing the ending, that was the ending of Act II (Ache-to), not the cliffhanger we'd imagined here.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Sun 18 Mar 2018, 6:54 pm

nickandnora wrote:"In particular, her driver" is either a reference to her actual driver (chauffeur can be very supportive and good listeners I imagine, lol) or a cute reference to Adam. Smile Either way, congrats to them!
@nickandnora

Yeah, I thought it might be Adam, but it seemed somewhat of a strangely worded inside joke, and I don't know anything about her chauffeur, so I was a bit confused. Smile

"Driving miss Daisy" (like that interview they did together) Laughing Laughing Laughing

@Moonlight13 -- oh, haha... yeah, that's pretty funny Very Happy
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 18 Mar 2018, 7:03 pm

Dar-ren19 wrote:
nickandnora wrote:"In particular, her driver" is either a reference to her actual driver (chauffeur can be very supportive and good listeners I imagine, lol) or a cute reference to Adam. Smile Either way, congrats to them!
@nickandnora

Yeah, I thought it might be Adam, but it seemed somewhat of a strangely worded inside joke, and I don't know anything about her chauffeur, so I was a bit confused. Smile

@Dar-ren19

Rian (and I think Mark) have made "driver" puns before. I recall Rian making at least one "baby Driver" joke about Adam/Kylo. So assuming that it's a cute way of thanking Adam, it's not without precedent.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Sun 18 Mar 2018, 7:16 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
@nickandnora

@Dar-ren19

Rian (and I think Mark) have made "driver" puns before. I recall Rian making at least one "baby Driver" joke about Adam/Kylo. So assuming that it's a cute way of thanking Adam, it's not without precedent.
@ISeeAnIsland

lol yeah it reminds me of the Paterson and Driver joke that Adam made.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 18 Mar 2018, 10:28 pm

Perhaps the audience is a little narrower for upcoming awards shows, but both TLJ and DR have been nominated in the Kids Choice Awards (next week!). TFA also did well at the MTV Movie (in June) and Teen Choice Awards (in August) too. And really, these films are meant more for them than for anyone. We'll see if it can get a nomination in the People's Choice Awards (November) as TFA did. So maybe there's a few more shinies in TLJ's future.
king Pop corn

Edit: Oh and also she's already been nominated for a Saturn Award too.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 5 Empty awards merge

Post by Riri Mon 19 Mar 2018, 2:09 am

She did thank Adam by name Smile

She thanked Rian, Mark and Adam.

Ps - have you noticed she mentions Adam at every oportunity? Its really cute, they must have become really close Smile

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 5 Empty awards merge 2

Post by tukicarreno Mon 19 Mar 2018, 9:21 am

Riri wrote:She did thank Adam by name Smile

Ps - have you noticed she mentions Adam at every oportunity? Its really cute, they must have become really close Smile
@Riri

I didn't recognize Daisy with that hairstyle,lol. She is always changing it... I prefer her brunette look but hey she can do whatever she wants. It seems is a phase where she is blonde one day redhead another..

Anyhoo, I love that Daisy somehow always manages to mention Adam in most of her interviews and press events. Very Happy I love you Love their friendship so much! It seems Adam is always supporting her and giving her reassurance about her acting chops.. They formed a special bond when filming TLJ it seems.. That's awesome. Smile
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 19 Mar 2018, 10:33 am

Just mentioned this in another thread.....sorry folks, forgot about this one. Embarassed
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Mon 19 Mar 2018, 10:39 am

Riri wrote:She did thank Adam by name Smile

@Riri

I LOVE DAISY even more! She's just so f***ing organic!

I love how she points out her parents and calls them *f***ing amazing. hahahah

She's like the British Jennifer Lawrence minus the street attitude.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 19 Mar 2018, 5:26 pm

I really like her accent Smile it is similar to keira
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Thu 03 May 2018, 12:12 pm

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/mtv-movie-tv-awards-nominations-black-panther-stranger-things-1202796053/

MTV Movie & TV Awards Nominations
cheers  cheers  cheers

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A MOVIE

Chadwick Boseman – Black Panther

Timothée Chalamet – Call Me by Your Name

Ansel Elgort – Baby Driver

Daisy Ridley – Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Saoirse Ronan – Lady Bird

BEST HERO

Chadwick Boseman (T’Challa/Black Panther) – Black Panther

Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) – Game of Thrones

Gal Gadot (Diana Prince/Wonder Woman) – Wonder Woman

Grant Gustin (Barry Allen/The Flash) – The Flash

Daisy Ridley (Rey) – Star Wars: The Last Jedi

BEST VILLAIN

Josh Brolin (Thanos) – Avengers: Infinity War

Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) – Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Michael B. Jordan (N’Jadaka/Erik Killmonger) – Black Panther

Aubrey Plaza (Lenny Busker) – Legion

Bill Skarsgard (Pennywise) – IT

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Thu 03 May 2018, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 03 May 2018, 12:25 pm

Wait, how did they not get best Fight???

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 03 May 2018, 7:26 pm

Riri wrote:Wait, how did they not get best Fight???
@Riri

Maybe they have to fight each other? They got that award for TFA, when they were actually opponents.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 04 May 2018, 12:42 am

So Adam gets a nom....at last!!! Claps
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 14 Jun 2018, 2:51 pm

So Mark, Daisy, John and Oscar were all nominated for the Teen Choice Awards but Adam somehow wasn't??? This is ridiculous, how does he keep getting snubbed? Especially as he gave the best performance in the movie! Mark and Daisy were great, but John and Oscar? C'mon. I really, really hope he gets some major recognition for BlacKkKlansman because it's about time and he deserves it.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 14 Jun 2018, 3:02 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:So Mark, Daisy, John and Oscar were all nominated for the Teen Choice Awards but Adam somehow wasn't??? This is ridiculous, how does he keep getting snubbed? Especially as he gave the best performance in the movie! Mark and Daisy were great, but John and Oscar? C'mon. I really, really hope he gets some major recognition for BlacKkKlansman because it's about time and he deserves it.
@Kylo Rey

These kinds of viewer-voted awards shows, as opposed to the Oscars etc., don't tend to put villainous characters in the actor categories. Not only Adam, but also Michael B. Jordan as Killmonger from Black Panther and Josh Brolin as Thanos from IW are not present here, despite their acclaimed performances. All three of them are in the separate villain category in the MTV Movie Awards (this weekend actually), but most other awards shows, including this one, don't have that separate category.

The biggest snub I thought was in the Saturn Awards this year (also coming this month), for which he won Best Supporting Actor for TFA, but no one from SW even got into the category this year. Oh, and no KMT in the supporting actress (fantasy) category with Daisy and Carrie, but A Wrinkle in Time got 4 noms.

Yes, here's hoping Adam gets some major indie movie recognition. Even Daisy appears to be picking up a little steam for other roles, as she got a nom in the drama category here as well for Orient Express.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 17 Jun 2018, 11:40 am

TLJ came out 6 months ago, and was at the time the second highest grossing opening weekend of all time (US), second only to TFA. In the brief time span since then, Disney has released Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, and this weekend, Incredibles 2, which should all end up with a billion+ dollars apiece. All 4 of these movies are in the top 10 opening weekends of all time here in the US. Disney owns a total 9 of those top 10 slots.

Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there, not that anyone here is on the hysterical SW/Disney is dead because Solo and maybe A Wrinkle in Time didn't do well. No one weep for the Mouse House. I think that Disney wins so big and so often, it's a bit of a shock to some when they, gasp, have even one failure. No one wins every day. They're fine.

Also the MTV Movie/TV Awards are tomorrow, maybe the teenagers make SW win something. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 18 Jun 2018, 4:56 pm

I thought MTV awards already happened. Monday is so random. Doubt SW ppl will win anything, lots of crazy competition. Black Panther will win everything I think lol.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next