Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Least favourite scene from TLJ

+35
AhsokaTano
guardienne
shii405
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
Kyla Ren
Atenais
Blood Moon
cnunn
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Gemlake
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
Aphelionna
Man Without A Star
Ynqve
Kylo Men
cherrylipstick
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
reylodownlo
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
LadyHa
LesCousinsDangereux
Forsythia
Saracene
vaderito
snufkin
Darth_Awakened
reylo1992
SkyStar
Moonlight13
Little_Boots
39 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 2 Empty Re: Least favourite scene from TLJ

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:23 pm

Admiral Akbar getting killed off.

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 2 Oh-hel10
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 2 Empty Re: Least favourite scene from TLJ

Post by reylodownlo Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:33 pm

Leia Poppins. She's my favorite character why you gotta do her like that, rian?
KMT's acting left a little to be desired - in the 1 minute we knew paige she delivered a better performance
ANYTHING with benicio del toro...what was that stutter?
green milk nipples...why?
the whole canto bight storyline was....
maz's little cameo...wtf
The resistance storyline needed help

Last edited by reylodownlo on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:38 pm

Little_Boots wrote:Was BDT the character that Maz was talking about?

Maybe?

Anyway the scene with Maz was weird too now thinking back, when she said something about BDT being good at something and she went quiet that was weird as heck!!! that was hinting at something that should not be spoken about
@Little_Boots

I took it as a sexual innuendo, but maybe I'm trash

reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:39 pm

I hope they do not bring BDT back for 9. He seemed high as f*ck for most of the press junkets
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:47 pm

reylodownlo wrote:

Maybe?

Anyway the scene with Maz was weird too now thinking back, when she said something about BDT being good at something and she went quiet that was weird as heck!!! that was hinting at something that should not be spoken about
@Little_Boots

@reylodownlo
Yeah, it sounded a little...suggestive?

We know Maz likes Chewie, but maybe there's other stuff about her we don't know, lol.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:49 pm

Kessel wrote:
reylodownlo wrote:

Maybe?

@Little_Boots

@reylodownlo

We know Maz likes Chewie, but maybe there's other stuff about her we don't know, lol.
@Kessel

Girl gets around!
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:58 pm

Kessel wrote:
reylodownlo wrote:

Maybe?

@Little_Boots

@reylodownlo

@Kessel

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that comment was meant to be suggestive. And then when we see Justin Theroux's character, he's all suave and getting attention from the ladies, so Maz's comment is sort of backed up.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:02 pm

Also, broomboi didn't need to use the force, the ring was sufficient enough to get the point across, now he's force sensitive?
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Sun 17 Dec 2017, 2:39 am

Mmm Leia Poppins no doubt! I found that scene really weird and embarrassing
Luke milking that thing L-puke
Broomboy at the end, I found it to cheesy

cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 17 Dec 2017, 2:46 am

The space horse scene wasn't as bad as the rathtar scene, but it wasn't that far off, and I watched it wondering why Lucasfilm seems to have to stick in one stupid chase thing every movie to satisfy the four year olds.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 17 Dec 2017, 2:50 am

Forsythia wrote:
- The whole Resistance plot was dragging and pointless. I would have preferred more time spent on Reylo and Finnrose scenes.

The big problem this trilogy is facing is that the Force plot is way more interesting than the Resistance plots.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:59 am

Laura Derns character!
What a boring character!!!
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:02 am

Kylo Men wrote:
Forsythia wrote:
- The whole Resistance plot was dragging and pointless. I would have preferred more time spent on Reylo and Finnrose scenes.

The big problem this trilogy is facing is that the Force plot is way more interesting than the Resistance plots.

@Kylo Men

This is so true. I completely agree.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:29 am

Maz cameo was beyond horrible. Superman Leia was so bad it's good. I like the idea behind Broomboi but I haven't decided if I like the execution.

Phasmas death was so bad, whyyyyy? She's amazing in her novel, I had high hopes for her in TLJ and they just wasted her again. Gwendoline Christie deserves better, such a waste of a great actress.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:31 am

Ynqve wrote:Maz cameo was beyond horrible. Superman Leia was so bad it's good. I like the idea behind Broomboi but I haven't decided if I like the execution.

Phasmas death was so bad, whyyyyy? She's amazing in her novel, I had high hopes for her in TLJ and they just wasted her again. Gwendoline Christie deserves better.
@Ynqve

I didn't like the whole fighting, it was somehow lackluster - and yeah she just dies there in a pathetic way just like the worthless character she is. It is like people thought she is going to be an awesome character and she is just as tool as she was before.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:40 am

SkyStar wrote:
Ynqve wrote:Maz cameo was beyond horrible. Superman Leia was so bad it's good. I like the idea behind Broomboi but I haven't decided if I like the execution.

Phasmas death was so bad, whyyyyy? She's amazing in her novel, I had high hopes for her in TLJ and they just wasted her again. Gwendoline Christie deserves better.
@Ynqve

I didn't like the whole fighting, it was somehow lackluster - and yeah she just dies there in a pathetic way just like the worthless character she is. It is like people thought she is going to be an awesome character and she is just as tool as she was before.
@SkyStar

It's baffling. Gwen has so many awesome fight scenes in GoT, she's amazing as Brienne but for some reason LF gave her this mediocre fight? Brienne would kick Phasma's pathetic a**. It feels like she's just there to be a cool new toy and provide people with a female stormtrooper. I appreciate it but wth give her something to do instead of being useless. This isn't how you create cool female characters.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:44 am

Ynqve wrote:
SkyStar wrote:

@Ynqve

@SkyStar

It's baffling. Gwen has so many awesome fight scenes in GoT, she's amazing as Brienne but for some reason LF gave her this mediocre fight? Brienne would kick Phasma's pathetic a**. It feels like she's just there to be a cool new toy and provide people with a female stormtrooper. I appreciate it but wth give her something to do instead of being useless. This isn't how you create cool female characters.
@Ynqve

Yeah, Gwen is amazing and I will miss her in the promotion of the next movie. She has such sparkly personality. It really wasn't necessary to kill her in such a bland way with all of that falling into a pit trope.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:06 am

Rose ramming Finn's speeder and knocking him away from the beam. I kind of understand the intention and theme behind it, but it felt out of place in that moment for me. Not to mention that they embraced and spoke with the First Order army around them not paying any attention to their crashed speeders, and not to mention Finn casualy dragging her body back to base.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:58 am

Phasma disappointed me too. During the promotional time everyone kept repeating how strong and powerful was her female character, actors also talked about the fight training they had to do and I honestly expected a lot more. She basically did nothing and then dies

a quick addition: Maz and almost every scene with Poe and the resistance.
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aphelionna Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:33 am

- Leia using the force looked really awkward after the close up of her in space (mainly the bit when she's floating to the door). I think a different execution would've helped (like her realising in a split second that the bridge was going to be destroyed, and using the force to keep parts of the ship together, something like that?).

- I didn't like Maz's little section, just looked cheesy as hell. What was wrong with an old school hologram message?

- The Rose/ Finn kiss. So lacklustre and kinda awkward, but I think that's because for me the relationship wasn't built up enough by this point for it to have an emotional pay off.
Aphelionna
Aphelionna
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:38 am

Little_Boots wrote:Laura Derns character!
What a boring character!!!
@Little_Boots

Oh, I thought Laura Dern was great. She brought exactly what a familiar veteran actress who was a star but never a huge star is supposed to bring to a role like that - a little gravitas and a big grace note - while not eating up too much screen time from the stars.

But I do agree that I wonder what the thinking of bringing her on board was. Did they not want conflict between Poe and Leia?

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:41 am

I was good with Mary Poppins Leia. It was the sort of goofy bit of movie magic, like Luke jumping to his death but hitting a lucky weather vane.

But Leia fresh from sick bay bursting into the control room to stun Poe? Awful.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:51 am

The problem with Phasma is that they cast the role above the value of the character. I mean, in reality, Gwendoline Christie plays a minor character on a popular television show. Emma Stone is a fly-speck to her at the top of the list. But GoT fans love her. And she's made more out of Brienne than probably was there. So they have to promote her, and they go with the "strong woman leader" bugaloo, but there's just nothing to do with the character. I did love the eye thing right before she met her fate.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:55 am

cherrylipstick wrote:Phasma disappointed me too. During the promotional time everyone kept repeating how strong and powerful was her female character, actors also talked about the fight training they had to do and I honestly expected a lot more. She basically did nothing and then dies

a quick addition: Maz and almost every scene with Poe and the resistance.
@cherrylipstick

hahaha my husband can't stand Poe. He liked him just a little bit more in this movie compared to TFA, mostly because he liked Holdo's interactions with him and hopes that Holdo actually taught the guy a freakin lesson: hey, don't react to everything so quickly, sometimes the best plans aren't these big dramatic shows of heroism. I mean, Poe really screwed over the Resistance in this movie. If he had just let Holdo do her thing the Resistance might have been saved, it would have certainly fared better. So hopefully Holdo evened Poe out.

OTOH-I want Poe to continue to go full dramatic on the other extreme "we're the good guys in all this" so that we can really see that a balance between light and dark is needed in the end (ahem, Kylo? Rey? This is your part to step in).
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:03 am

It's easier for me to say what I liked about the film: Any Kylo and Rey scene...that's pretty much it.

Horrible: Leia Poppins, Rose Finn-stanning, ANYTHING with Poe in it (can't STAND him after this movie, they made him into such an arrogant jerk), green milk, horse racing through the town, anything with Poe, Leia and Holdo randomly bff, anything with Poe, Luke coming out of the blue with some random-*ss power that had never been hinted at before, Leia giving up on her son, cheese-tastic broom boy.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next