Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Least favourite scene from TLJ

+35
AhsokaTano
guardienne
shii405
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
Kyla Ren
Atenais
Blood Moon
cnunn
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Gemlake
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
Aphelionna
Man Without A Star
Ynqve
Kylo Men
cherrylipstick
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
reylodownlo
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
LadyHa
LesCousinsDangereux
Forsythia
Saracene
vaderito
snufkin
Darth_Awakened
reylo1992
SkyStar
Moonlight13
Little_Boots
39 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 4 Empty Re: Least favourite scene from TLJ

Post by Kessel Mon 18 Dec 2017, 11:51 am

I also kind of assumed Kylo had just been working out when Rey's Force Skype call "came in," but I agree, there was no warning and I wasn't prepared! All of a sudden, a strong, bare chested man was just standing there in his high waisted pants, I was like... omg! That's Kylo! Shocked

Maybe they did it that way to make us feel like Rey did since it was a shock to her to suddenly see him like that?

I know the novels can vary because they're based on earlier scripts, but I can't wait to read the description of that scene...
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 4 Empty Re: Least favourite scene from TLJ

Post by guardienne Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:03 pm

Forsythia wrote:Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 4 Shirtl10

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 4 Shirtl11

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 4 Shirtl12

(Source)

Now that is the lamest excuse ever. I'm pretty sure everyone already got how the Force Bond worked and what Rey was seeing during their first conversation when Kylo said: "Can you see my surroundings? I can't see yours. Just you."

And you can't tell me that Rey seeing an almost naked Kylo was only meant to show the audience how the Bond worked and was not about the sexual tension between them.

@Forsythia

god i hope one day i will be able to move on with my life over the shitshow of this movie but god what a pathetic excuse.

anyway, too many moments to choose from wrt worst moment. there were to many wtf moments. maz, leia floating (how is she this ethereal being when i only know her as ultra-pragmatic??), nudity, green milk (although i liked the daily routine montage in general), holdo and poe unable to have an adult conversation (and i thought she started out so well!!!!) ... leia giving up on her son, luke looking like a ... psycho when about to kill ben.

stuff i liked: uhm ... the porgs. kylo and rey fighting together (not the ensuing dialogue, tho)
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:08 pm

Forsythia wrote:Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 4 Shirtl10

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 4 Shirtl11

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 4 Shirtl12

(Source)

Now that is the lamest excuse ever. I'm pretty sure everyone already got how the Force Bond worked and what Rey was seeing during their first conversation when Kylo said: "Can you see my surroundings? I can't see yours. Just you."

And you can't tell me that Rey seeing an almost naked Kylo was only meant to show the audience how the Bond worked and was not about the sexual tension between them.

shii405 wrote:but here I am reading a full discussion of the 'half naked' scene. GOD BLESS YOU ALL Laughing
Considering the length of our discussion of shirtless Kylo, maybe we should make an extra thread for that particular scene Very Happy
@Forsythia

That's a pathetic and pointless reason for it. So it wasn't meant for Rey's development, but for unnecessary exposition (for the slow people I presume) and for laughs. Ok...

I assume there can be more than one reason for the scene, but whatever. It's s*** like this that makes it seem really pointless to analyze a lot of things, lol.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:13 pm

I can’t wait to
Read the novelisation and what it says about the shirtless scene ! Lol! The psycho Luke made me chuckle because it’s so true ! They even covered his eyes in thick dark eyeliner and eyeshadow to make him look more deranged ! Oh dear !
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:15 pm

Did you guys see that article saying that the shirtless scene was an Easter Egg, because Kylo is the only character (after his father Anakin) to appear shirtless?
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:16 pm

I also don't understand why they wanted to include humour in that particular scene They were discussing the murder of Han! There's nothing humorous about that Crying or Very sad
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:20 pm

Yeah you’re right and I have to say I didn’t even realise they were talking about Han at first because I was so distracted looking at Adam so I missed most of the dialogue in that scene . Have seen it since on social media - but still why talk about Han in a scene like that .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:22 pm

Kessel wrote:That's a pathetic and pointless reason for it. So it wasn't meant for Rey's development, but for unnecessary exposition (for the slow people I presume) and for laughs. Ok...

I assume there can be more than one reason for the scene, but whatever. It's s*** like this that makes it seem really pointless to analyze a lot of things, lol.
@Kessel

This also has me worried about the rest of the Reylo scenes. If the shirtless scene wasn't meant for Rey's development and Rian doesn't realize how it comes across, maybe the heavy breathing at the beginning of their first Force Bond moment or the hand touching scene wasn't meant to be seen as sensual, either.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:30 pm

Forsythia wrote:
Kessel wrote:That's a pathetic and pointless reason for it. So it wasn't meant for Rey's development, but for unnecessary exposition (for the slow people I presume) and for laughs. Ok...

@Kessel

This also has me worried about the rest of the Reylo scenes. If the shirtless scene wasn't meant for Rey's development and Rian doesn't realize how it comes across, maybe the heavy breathing at the beginning of their first Force Bond moment or the hand touching scene wasn't meant to be seen as sensual, either.
@Forsythia

I don't know about the heavy breathing, but I'm sure the hand scene was meant to be something intimate between them. Just the way that whole scene is set up. It's dark with a lit fire between them. She reaches out her hand and he takes his glove off to touch her hand. Also, I believe the Art of The Last Jedi book discusses the motivation behind the bond was to create a sense of intimacy between them. I'm paraphrasing.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:30 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Yeah you’re right and I have to say I didn’t even realise they were talking about Han at first because I was so distracted looking at Adam so I missed most of the dialogue in that scene . Have seen it since on social media - but still why talk about Han in a scene like that .
@AhsokaTano

yeah, it would've been better to have a lighter conversation in that shirtless scene... and serve the one about Han for a more serious Skype time.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:50 pm

I think it would’ve been cooler if Leia had pulled the ship to her rather than making herself fly to it. Evidently it was included as a favor to KK who wanted to see Leia use the Force, but there are so many other ways it could’ve been done, IMO.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucina Mon 18 Dec 2017, 1:04 pm

This is my list:

Leia floating in space (It looked ridiculous!)
Luke milking the weird looking creature and drinking it L-puke
The Finn/Rose kiss was a bit awkward. I think the scene would have been better without a kiss.
Rey being all happy and smiley on Crait (why was she not heartbroken after what happened with her and Ben? Crying or Very sad )
Rey and Poe introducing each other (I'm sure they were in the same room at the Resistance base in TFA, so why are they acting like they never met before?)
Luke contemplating/trying to kill Ben in his sleep (it just seemed so out of character for Luke  No )
The scene with Maz (I just don't like that character...)
The Canto Bight part was a bit too preachy about animal and child abuse
I didn't like that it was apparently Snoke who created the Force Bond between them.

I liked the shirtless scene. I think the intention was to show the audience that Rey is attracted to him too  Smile But I agree that a conversation about Han's death wasn't fitting for this.
Lucina
Lucina
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Mon 18 Dec 2017, 1:22 pm

Forsythia wrote:I also don't understand why they wanted to include humour in that particular scene They were discussing the murder of Han! There's nothing humorous about that Crying or Very sad
@Forsythia

sadly, there are some of these ill-fitting schould-be-funny scenes/moments in this movie. As if there were a passus in their contracts to deliver 10 funny scenes or so and they could only deliver 5 of them where a joke or fun made sense and was fitting. so they shoehorned additionally some fun into 5 other scenes and made them a bad parody. When I want to see spaceballs, I watch spaceballs and not SW 8. Evil or Very Mad

Edit, my shortlist:
Super-Leia in space, such a beautyful idea and so cringeworthy on screen
Luke milking this sea cow *ieeeek*, climbing with this 500 meter pole at this 500 meter cliff and catchting a fish with this 500 meter pole. should this be creative?
luke tossing the ligthsaber away with this "I don´t give a f*ck anymore" behaviour. I think it should be funny
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 18 Dec 2017, 1:34 pm

Forsythia wrote:

@Kessel

@Forsythia

There's absolutely no chance Rian's unaware of what he was doing there. Even if it was just to be humorous, it's a purposefully and inherently charged joke. It's the girl unexpectedly seeing the hot guy without clothes on and going 'hamana hamana hamana' and stumbling over her words because she's distracted by the sight of it (the same trope is also often used the other way around, with the guy and the hot girl). The humor is in the sexuality of it, because the audience can relate to it (kids may see it as ewwww naked people but adults and teenagers know better)

But I also really question the decision to splice that scene into one of their most serious conversations. It really should have been two separate scenes.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 18 Dec 2017, 1:59 pm

So there was absolutely no other way to indicate to the audience what Rey was seeing other than stripping Kylo to the waist? Riiiiiight. And absolutely no one involved was aware of the implications of having a girl show up in a guy's personal quarters while he's half-naked? Riiiiiight.

I think they're just playing coy because they're keenly aware that they're treading a fine line with Kylo and Rey's dynamic in this "everything is problematic" age.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Mon 18 Dec 2017, 2:04 pm

Jupp, she can see him only without clothes, that´s the point. With these black clothes against the black wall, he is competely invisible. Sure. Laughing
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4