Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Least favourite scene from TLJ

+35
AhsokaTano
guardienne
shii405
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
Kyla Ren
Atenais
Blood Moon
cnunn
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Gemlake
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
Aphelionna
Man Without A Star
Ynqve
Kylo Men
cherrylipstick
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
reylodownlo
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
LadyHa
LesCousinsDangereux
Forsythia
Saracene
vaderito
snufkin
Darth_Awakened
reylo1992
SkyStar
Moonlight13
Little_Boots
39 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 3 Empty Re: Least favourite scene from TLJ

Post by Little_Boots Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:16 am

Xylo Ren wrote:It's easier for me to say what I liked about the film: Any Kylo and Rey scene...that's pretty much it.

Horrible: Leia Poppins, Rose Finn-stanning, ANYTHING with Poe in it (can't STAND him after this movie, they made him into such an arrogant jerk), green milk, horse racing through the town, anything with Poe, Leia and Holdo randomly bff, anything with Poe, Luke coming out of the blue with some random-*ss power that had never been hinted at before, Leia giving up on her son, cheese-tastic broom boy.
@Xylo Ren

Hehe I read all that and seems like you disliked the whole film besides Rey and Kylo!! XD
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 3 Empty Re: Least favourite scene from TLJ

Post by Forsythia Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:28 am

Forsythia wrote:- Luke igniting his green lightsaber above Ben and looking like a complete maniac. It was completely OOC and over the top.
- Luke milking the creature.
- The kid with the broom. Honestly, I almost expected him to climb on the broom and fly around like a wizard.
- I also disliked the excessive Force super powers like Leia flying or Luke's projection. Why is everyone so powerful all of a sudden?
- The whole Resistance plot was dragging and pointless. I would have preferred more time spent on Reylo and Finnrose scenes.
I saw the film for a second time today and the Resistance plot didn't drag as much as the first time. And if I had to pick one thing for least favourite scene, it's definitely broomboy. That scene takes me completely out of the movie and ruins the end for me. It's like an advertisement disrupting a film in the middle of a scene because there is no smooth transition from the last scene to the end credits. I think it would have worked better as an after credits scene.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:44 am

Leia Poppins, hands down. What should have been a tender, powerful moment was just stupid.

General Hux should have been General Sux, not Hugs. This is a movie that had the villain/antihero pop the heroine's cherry. The audience knew it - they can handle General Sux.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemlake Sun 17 Dec 2017, 1:12 pm

vaderito wrote:I also thought that the whole General Hugs joke was awful. if it was by a young character, like Finn or Broomboi, it could have worked but Uncle Poe? Seriously? Also, they made Poe act like Lil Annie a lot in that sequence "woo hoo!", etc.
@vaderito
This. The scene came off as a bad SNL skit. It doesn't make sense technology wise in the Star Wars universe. And it took me out of the movie in the first few minutes.

Leia's Superman routine is a close second. It seems like Exhibit A for why audience testing can be helpful.

Gemlake
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:47 pm

Broomboy, especially as an ending, didn't do anything for me.

The first encounter between Finn and Rose where she's all starry-eyed I found awkward/not acted convincingly.

I disagreed with the choice to make Finn the butt of a joke (leaking suit) as soon as he wakes up. I like Finn to be funny, but sometimes they go overboard with him as comic relief.

I found the shirtless scene silly and gratuitous. It reminded me of the absolutely-no-reason-for-it-Carol-Marcus-in-her-bra-and-bikini-underwear scene in Star Trek Into Darkness. Not to mention that it's pretty weird Kylo is sporting a scar from Rey's lightsaber but none from Chewie's bowcaster.

On the other hand, shirtless scene makes it very clear they aren't siblings or cousins, so there's that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:27 pm

Sacrebleu wrote:I found the shirtless scene silly and gratuitous. It reminded me of the absolutely-no-reason-for-it-Carol-Marcus-in-her-bra-and-bikini-underwear scene in Star Trek Into Darkness.
@Sacrebleu
That's exactly the same scene I was reminded of when they showed Kylo shirtless. Would it have been so difficult to make up a good reason for him to be shirtless?
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:36 pm

Forsythia wrote:
Sacrebleu wrote:I found the shirtless scene silly and gratuitous. It reminded me of the absolutely-no-reason-for-it-Carol-Marcus-in-her-bra-and-bikini-underwear scene in Star Trek Into Darkness.
@Sacrebleu
That's exactly the same scene I was reminded of when they showed Kylo shirtless. Would it have been so difficult to make up a good reason for him to be shirtless?
@Forsythia

Yeah, that was strange - and it would have been so easy. Him having treated his wounds...or simply preparing for bed- laying down and than standing up startled when he senses the bond forming again. Maybe they cut out something? That's why it seems so out of nowhere Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:47 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
Forsythia wrote:
@Sacrebleu
@Forsythia

Yeah, that was strange - and it would have been so easy. Him having treated his wounds...or simply preparing for bed- laying down and than standing up startled when he senses the bond forming again. Maybe they cut out something? That's why it seems so out of nowhere Confus
@Night Huntress

Same. He might have been getting dressed and undressed, and at the very least I would have expected him to be as self-conscious as Rey was...

The scene made it seem like he was deliberately transmitting a shirtless image of himself for Rey's benefit Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cnunn Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:13 pm

Easily my least favorite scene was the Superman Leia. I saw it with an enthusiastic audience and everyone got weirdly quiet at that scene. Awks as hell. I really have no idea why anyone thought that scene worked.

Broom boy didn't bother me, I actually thought it was cute, but I agree with general consensus about KMT's acting in most of her scenes. She's adorable and I like her character but she was kind if amateurish in a few places.

I think the fact that the Reylo scenes were so good made the Resistance stuff look even worse.

cnunn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:38 pm

Yup Super Leia, if they just had her floating trough space it could have been fine, but her hand like that, hahaha. 
All I could think about if she would give the middlefinger like Carrie.
I fell out of the GFFA back to my hometown.
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:39 pm

It's not that I hated it, but I found the horse racing scene too long for my liking.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:58 pm

I’ve seen the movie twice so far and I have to say that overall, I really didn’t like it, and my list of least favorite scenes is just so long, it’s like, where do I even begin?  But I’ll just try to list the things that I really hated, in no particular order:

Mary Poppins Leia (as a friend of mine said, that was a "jump the shark" moment)
The stupid corny jokes
Finn in his leaky bacta suit
Luke tossing the lightsaber over his shoulder
The whole final scene with Broom Boy and the other kids
The preachy parts of the Canto Bight plot
The video call with Maz
Rose stunning Finn
Luke milking the walrus creature and drinking the green milk
Luke hitting Rey on the hand (it really seemed to hurt, and I think it was out of character for Luke)
The whole thing with Luke’s hologram at the end

There might be more, but right now I can’t think of them.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:21 pm

Broom Boy was so f'ing Ron Howard beat the point into you. Ugh.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:25 pm

Gemlake wrote:
vaderito wrote:I also thought that the whole General Hugs joke was awful. if it was by a young character, like Finn or Broomboi, it could have worked but Uncle Poe? Seriously? Also, they made Poe act like Lil Annie a lot in that sequence "woo hoo!", etc.
@vaderito
This. The scene came off as a bad SNL skit. It doesn't make sense technology wise in the Star Wars universe. And it took me out of the movie in the first few minutes.

Leia's Superman routine is a close second. It seems like Exhibit A for why audience testing can be helpful.
@Gemlake

I just thought the whole opener was weak. And it showed Johnson's biggest weakness. He thinks it's a movie about the First Order vs. the Resistance. It's a movie about the three young people who find themselves in the forest at the end of TFA.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:27 pm

Both Luke-almost-killing-Ben scenes. And the alien milking scene. And the entire rest beyond all aboard the Falcon checking on each other. The rest was fine, although frankly I wouldn't mind the entire B-plot being cut out of the movie and getting more A-plot scenes instead.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Dec 2017, 3:57 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
Forsythia wrote:
@Sacrebleu
@Forsythia

@Night Huntress

Same. He might have been getting dressed and undressed, and at the very least I would have expected him to be as self-conscious as Rey was...

The scene made it seem like he was deliberately transmitting a shirtless image of himself for Rey's benefit Razz
@Darth Dingbat

I sort of assumed he had been working out since he looked sweaty? But yes, the fact that he wasn't at all self-conscious about it was interesting considering he's someone who normally keeps himself so completely covered, even his face. I wondered if smashing his helmet was the start of the process of his not needing to conceal himself anymore. I wondered if he's comfortable showing himself specifically and only to Rey because of their connection. And I wondered if he wasn't self-conscious because he's just not self-conscious being naked in front of women. It reminded me of an old thread here speculating on Kylo's virginity, and if this was a point for the non-virgin side, lol. At any rate, it wasn't clear to me what it was trying to say and therefore seemed pointless.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 18 Dec 2017, 7:05 am

Sacrebleu wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
Forsythia wrote:
@Sacrebleu
@Forsythia

@Night Huntress

@Darth Dingbat

I sort of assumed he had been working out since he looked sweaty? But yes, the fact that he wasn't at all self-conscious about it was interesting considering he's someone who normally keeps himself so completely covered, even his face. I wondered if smashing his helmet was the start of the process of his not needing to conceal himself anymore. I wondered if he's comfortable showing himself specifically and only to Rey because of their connection. And I wondered if he wasn't self-conscious because he's just not self-conscious being naked in front of women. It reminded me of an old thread here speculating on Kylo's virginity, and if this was a point for the non-virgin side, lol. At any rate, it wasn't clear to me what it was trying to say and therefore seemed pointless.
@Sacrebleu

I wouldn’t say this scene was pointless. I think the subtextual message here is that they can horn in on each other’s space at literally ANY time, leaving the viewer to wonder what they DIDNT show. This was basically a PG version of every NSFW fanfic where they catch each other having some special alone time through the Bond. It also shows how Rey gets flustered at the site of him, and helps to establish the very non platonic attraction between them. I loved this scene.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 18 Dec 2017, 7:07 am

IoJovi wrote:
Sacrebleu wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
Forsythia wrote:
@Sacrebleu
@Forsythia

@Night Huntress

@Darth Dingbat

@Sacrebleu

I wouldn’t say this scene was pointless. I think the subtextual message here is that they can horn in on each other’s space at literally ANY time, leaving the viewer to wonder what they DIDNT show. This was basically a PG version of every NSFW fanfic where they catch each other having some special alone time through the Bond. It also shows how Rey gets flustered at the site of him, and helps to establish the very non platonic attraction between them. I loved this scene.
@IoJovi

Oh I agree, I don't think it was pointless nudity at all. I just think the scene would have been improved by Ben being in the middle of something instead of standing there like he's posing Laughing

And when I say "in the middle of something", I didn't mean... yeah, okay, changing the subject.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Dec 2017, 7:12 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Sacrebleu wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
Forsythia wrote:
@Sacrebleu
@Forsythia

@Night Huntress

@Darth Dingbat

@Sacrebleu

@IoJovi

Oh I agree, I don't think it was pointless nudity at all. I just think the scene would have been improved by Ben being in the middle of something instead of standing there like he's posing Laughing

And when I say "in the middle of something", I didn't mean... yeah, okay, changing the subject.
@Darth Dingbat

Good points from both of you. They could've at least offered up some token reason of why he was shirtless.

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Mon 18 Dec 2017, 7:14 am

OMG, I've been avoiding this thread because I thought there will be a lot of negativity, but here I am reading a full discussion of the 'half naked' scene. GOD BLESS YOU ALL Laughing
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 18 Dec 2017, 7:41 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Sacrebleu wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
Forsythia wrote:
@Sacrebleu
@Forsythia

@Night Huntress

@Darth Dingbat

@Sacrebleu

@IoJovi

@Darth Dingbat

Right? I wouldn’t say he intended for her to see him like that intentionally, but it seems like he’s just standing in the middle of his room, without any direction or purpose at the moment. I agree though, he’s sweaty and he was probably working out, developing that 8 pack.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 18 Dec 2017, 10:39 am

IoJovi wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Sacrebleu wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
Forsythia wrote:
@Sacrebleu
@Forsythia

@Night Huntress

@Darth Dingbat

I sort of assumed he had been working out since he looked sweaty?  But yes, the fact that he wasn't at all self-conscious about it was interesting considering he's someone who normally keeps himself so completely covered, even his face.  I wondered if smashing his helmet was the start of the process of his not needing to conceal himself anymore.  I wondered if he's comfortable showing himself specifically and only to Rey because of their connection.  And I wondered if he wasn't self-conscious because he's just not self-conscious being naked in front of women.  It reminded me of an old thread here speculating on Kylo's virginity, and if this was a point for the non-virgin side, lol.  At any rate, it wasn't clear to me what it was trying to say and therefore seemed pointless.
@Sacrebleu

I wouldn’t say this scene was pointless.  I think the subtextual message here is that they can horn in on each other’s space at literally ANY time, leaving the viewer to wonder what they DIDNT show.  This was basically a PG version of every NSFW fanfic where they catch each other having some special alone time through the Bond.  It also shows how Rey gets flustered at the site of him, and helps to establish the very non platonic attraction between them.  I loved this scene.
@IoJovi

Oh I agree, I don't think it was pointless nudity at all. I just think the scene would have been improved by Ben being in the middle of something instead of standing there like he's posing  Laughing

@Darth Dingbat

Right?  I wouldn’t say he intended for her to see him like that intentionally, but it seems like he’s just standing in the middle of his room, without any direction or purpose at the moment.  I agree though, he’s sweaty and he was probably working out, developing that 8 pack.

@IoJovi

Yes, the weirdest thing was that there was no reason for him to stand around like that. If he had been doing something, like getting ready for bed, leaving the bathroom, etc., but it looked like he was just standing there shirtless and doing nothing. It seemed like such a cheap way to include a shirtless scene and unfortunately reminded me of trashy romances like Twilight.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 18 Dec 2017, 11:30 am

Uhm... do you guys suppose that is why he was turned around and sweating?... Subtext is she caught him doing man business? Laughing

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 18 Dec 2017, 11:43 am

shii405 wrote:OMG, I've been avoiding this thread because I thought there will be a lot of negativity, but here I am reading a full discussion of the 'half naked' scene. GOD BLESS YOU ALL Laughing
@shii405

Haha! God bless you too!!
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 18 Dec 2017, 11:45 am

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 3 Shirtl10

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 3 Shirtl11

Least favourite scene from TLJ  - Page 3 Shirtl12

(Source)

Now that is the lamest excuse ever. I'm pretty sure everyone already got how the Force Bond worked and what Rey was seeing during their first conversation when Kylo said: "Can you see my surroundings? I can't see yours. Just you."

And you can't tell me that Rey seeing an almost naked Kylo was only meant to show the audience how the Bond worked and was not about the sexual tension between them.

shii405 wrote:but here I am reading a full discussion of the 'half naked' scene. GOD BLESS YOU ALL Laughing
Considering the length of our discussion of shirtless Kylo, maybe we should make an extra thread for that particular scene Very Happy

Last edited by Forsythia on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next