Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread

+42
Maria26
Starliteprism
Birdwoman
SW_Heroine_Journey
motherofpearl1
giaciak2
EchoBase
12 Parsnips
Irina de France
Kylo Men
californiagirl
Kylo Rey
CienaRee
cherrylipstick
IoJovi
nickandnora
Piper Maru
rawpowah
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
SoloSideCousin
lauvamp
bashfulblueeyes3
DeeBee
Saracene
MrsWindu
SkyStar
Darth Dementor
Teo oswald
Lamiller1390
PalmettoBlue
snufkin
Night Huntress
ZioRen
Miyu
FrolickingFizzgig
thescavenger
Darth_Awakened
Kessel
Little_Boots
Rei of Sunshine
shii405
46 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 13 Sep 2018, 8:39 am

Look everyone, someone heard my wish about a new superweapon! lol!
Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread - Page 8 1ezyf0qbsxl11

This is the exactly the kind of thing I see Hux wanting, a big ship to compensate his little ego.

(If someone recognize the artist, tell me because this is the kind of design I like.)
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 13 Sep 2018, 8:57 am

@Ladygaufrette
That looks like the star forge lol from knights of old republic - this is it in action :
Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread - Page 8 3d8c1c10

It’s exactly the kind of thing i would expect Hux to be interested in. Ancient powerful technology that makes others look insignificant and pale by comparison.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Thu 13 Sep 2018, 9:08 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:Look everyone, someone heard my wish about a new superweapon!  lol!
Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread - Page 8 1ezyf0qbsxl11

This is the exactly the kind of thing I see Hux wanting, a big ship to compensate his little ego.

(If someone recognize the artist, tell me because this is the kind of design I like.)
@LadyGaufrette

There's no kill like overkill

Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread - Page 8 F9e

Twisted Evil
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 13 Sep 2018, 10:16 am

I see also in the future the rule of size is respected. In Italy we say big car (or superweapon) d... small.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Thu 13 Sep 2018, 10:26 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@Ladygaufrette
That looks like the star forge lol from knights of old republic - this is it in action :

It’s exactly the kind of thing i would expect Hux to be interested in. Ancient powerful technology that makes others look insignificant and pale by comparison.
@AhsokaTano
The amusing thing for me is that the Star Forge is one of the few Superweapons you could actually make a valid case for being worth the investment because, unlike all the Death Stars, Starkillers and Suncrushers, the Star Forge is just as useful in peacetime (for those not up on the lore, the Star Forge’s “weapon” is its massive fully automated factories that can produce anything from a communcator to a capital ship using just raw matter it pulls off the surface of stars.

When fully employed for war it can disgorge battle fleets and droid armies day after day without pause; creating victory through sheer weight of numbers. But it could just as easily build prefab housing, medical supplies, worker droids, terraforming equipment... anything you could give it schematics for.

It’s NOT a terror weapon, it’s a legitimate tool that can be used to gain and hold territory instead of just annihilating it and, even more, could also be employed defensively or to provide humanitarian relief to devastated areas.

Personally, I think if they really wanted to add some nuance, it would be Emperor Kylo building a Star Forge type ‘superweapon’. Yeah, the ‘evil’ emperor is a building a superweapon... except this weapon doesn’t blow up planets and also helps planets who’ve sworn fealty recover from devestation that’s lingered since the Rebellion or even Clone Wars era.

There’s a lot more interesting conflict in that; whether it’s the power itself that is evil or just the person using it; should the ‘weapon’ be destroyed to keep it out of evil hands or does the good it can do in the right hands outweigh that; are we certain the motives for building it were even evil in the first place?

Frankly, I don’t think Hux has the subtlety for a Star Forge. He’s probably pushing to build the Starkiller Omega (like the Starkiller, only bigger).

Shoot... now I want IX to be “Kylo builds the Star Forge” because there’s a pretty compelling story to be had just out of the reactions to that.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Thu 13 Sep 2018, 11:39 am

HUX: Now I will utilise the awesome power of my Super Duper Stardestroyer to WIPE KYLO REN OFF THE FACE OF THE GALAXY!!!

FIRST ORDER OFFICER: You mean eliminate the Resistance and secure our hold on the galaxy, right?

HUX: Don't distract me with inanities.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 13 Sep 2018, 1:06 pm

If SW came back with Rey and Ben related in same way ( father, sister, son, uncle, mother, cat or dog) I will destroy all my CD and Star Wars Books !
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 13 Sep 2018, 1:17 pm

giaciak2 wrote:I see also in the future the rule of size is respected. In Italy we say big car (or superweapon) d... small.
@giaciak2

Same thing in France, I want to believe it's a worldwide concept. ROFL

Chris24601 wrote:
That looks like the star forge  lol from knights of old republic - this is it in action :

@AhsokaTano
The amusing thing for me is that the Star Forge is one of the few Superweapons you could actually make a valid case for being worth the investment because, unlike all the Death Stars, Starkillers and Suncrushers, the Star Forge is just as useful in peacetime (for those not up on the lore, the Star Forge’s “weapon” is its massive fully automated factories that can produce anything from a communcator to a capital ship using just raw matter it pulls off the surface of stars.

When fully employed for war it can disgorge battle fleets and droid armies day after day without pause; creating victory through sheer weight of numbers. But it could just as easily build prefab housing, medical supplies, worker droids, terraforming equipment... anything you could give it schematics for.

It’s NOT a terror weapon, it’s a legitimate tool that can be used to gain and hold territory instead of just annihilating it and, even more, could also be employed defensively or to provide humanitarian relief to devastated areas.

Personally, I think if they really wanted to add some nuance, it would be Emperor Kylo building a Star Forge type ‘superweapon’. Yeah, the ‘evil’ emperor is a building a superweapon... except this weapon doesn’t blow up planets and also helps planets who’ve sworn fealty recover from devestation that’s lingered since the Rebellion or even Clone Wars era.

There’s a lot more interesting conflict in that; whether it’s the power itself that is evil or just the person using it; should the ‘weapon’ be destroyed to keep it out of evil hands or does the good it can do in the right hands outweigh that; are we certain the motives for building it were even evil in the first place?

Frankly, I don’t think Hux has the subtlety for a Star Forge. He’s probably pushing to build the Starkiller Omega (like the Starkiller, only bigger).

Shoot... now I want IX to be “Kylo builds the Star Forge” because there’s a pretty compelling story to be had just out of the reactions to that.
@Chris24601

So the Star Forge is a better version of the Supremacy? ("it carried production lines, shipyards, army training grounds and even R&D labs.")
Because with your description it feels like Snoke's ship could be a prototype for a Star Forge.

I'm okay for Kylo with a Star Forge, because it will be one more parallel with Revan, I think.

Would fans be happy if there was a Star Forge or would they say JJ has no imagination?

Edit:
Heck, I thought you were exaggerating with Sun Crusher, but I just saw it had really existed. What kind of name is that!?

Last edited by LadyGaufrette on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 13 Sep 2018, 2:44 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:
giaciak2 wrote:I see also in the future the rule of size is respected. In Italy we say big car (or superweapon) d... small.
@giaciak2

Same thing in France, I want to believe it's a worldwide concept. ROFL

Chris24601 wrote:

@AhsokaTano

@Chris24601

So the Star Forge is a better version of the Supremacy? ("it carried production lines, shipyards, army training grounds and even R&D labs.")
Because with your description it feels like Snoke's ship could be a prototype for a Star Forge.

I'm okay for Kylo with a Star Forge, because it will be one more parallel with Revan, I think.

Would fans be happy if there was a Star Forge or would they say JJ has no imagination?
@LadyGaufrette

They probably think they want a Star Forge, but will complain when they get it. Like how they wanted TFA to be like the OT, but when it was, it was an uproar for two years until TLJ came out. And now people actually want JJ to come back to do.... what exactly?

There's no pleasing anyone really, at this point you might as well just go all out and do whatever fits the story best.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 14 Sep 2018, 2:02 pm

You know the Death Star, the Death Star in construction and the bigger Death Star.
Beware of the Half Death Star!

Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread - Page 8 DtVu6IrVkDuNkypIVHfAs3xIHLDhwdbYBGiuxOQAzes

Or what happen when Kylo cuts Hux's technology budget in half.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Fri 14 Sep 2018, 7:50 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:You know the Death Star, the Death Star in construction and the bigger Death Star.
Beware of the Half Death Star!

Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread - Page 8 DtVu6IrVkDuNkypIVHfAs3xIHLDhwdbYBGiuxOQAzes

Or what happen when Kylo cuts Hux's technology budget in half.
@LadyGaufrette

Kylo vs Hux as Leaders/The First Order thread - Page 8 Overcome
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8