Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Renperor thread

+41
Night Huntress
Darth_Awakened
SoloSideCousin
Darth_marshmallow
Rei of Sunshine
PalmettoBlue
ISeeAnIsland
lauvamp
Atenais
Kylo Men
Kessel
DeeBee
Cowgirlsamurai
californiagirl
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
Tex
MindAndMagic
CienaRee
rawpowah
Geralt_Riv
Starliteprism
Teo oswald
DarthRen
motherofpearl1
rey09
Piper Maru
snufkin
IoJovi
Armadeus
fuhry
MrsWindu
shii405
vaderito
Rimfaxe96
Saracene
MeadowofAshes
SkyStar
reylo1992
AceofWands
thescavenger
45 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Renperor thread Empty Re: The Renperor thread

Post by Kessel Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:33 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Kessel wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Kessel wrote:I wish they'd update the official Spotify playlists for the characters, but it doesn't look likely.

Would it be too much to ask for an official Rey and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo playlist? Just imagine all the angsty songs...especially for Kylo.
@Kessel

A playlist peppered with MCR, FOB, and the occassional Celine Dion, and Toni Braxton would be awesome haha
@Rei of Sunshine

Yes, you just know that's the kind of music that would probably be on Kylo's "secret" playlist that he listens to while he's alone at night, in his new extravagant Supreme Leader chambers, thinking about Rey...

At least now he gets better accommodations than that sad little single bed, not that it's much consolation.
@Kessel

I kinda wonder if Ben will enjoy a lavish reign at all. He always struck me as someone with an ascetic lifestyle, despite his pride and arrogance. He's also quite masochistic and that's something he can't get rid of right away.

Hux seems like the type of person who will squander resources for a rich lifestyle and a king bed and golden robes. He always seemed like he wanted to take over Snoke.

Meanwhile Kylo is the type who just wants the job done with minimal fuss. So I won't be surprised if Supreme Leader Kylo Ren's bedroom may indeed be big, but lacks all the trappings and grandeur.
@Rei of Sunshine

I agree he doesn't seem to care much about opulence,  but he'll have better accommodations to keep up appearances.

I know it's too soon to speculate, but I wonder if his costume will change much in Episode IX now that he's the Supreme Leader. The only thing I can think of is he'll probably keep the cape.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:36 am

Kessel wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Kessel wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Kessel wrote:I wish they'd update the official Spotify playlists for the characters, but it doesn't look likely.

Would it be too much to ask for an official Rey and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo playlist? Just imagine all the angsty songs...especially for Kylo.
@Kessel

A playlist peppered with MCR, FOB, and the occassional Celine Dion, and Toni Braxton would be awesome haha
@Rei of Sunshine

Yes, you just know that's the kind of music that would probably be on Kylo's "secret" playlist that he listens to while he's alone at night, in his new extravagant Supreme Leader chambers, thinking about Rey...

At least now he gets better accommodations than that sad little single bed, not that it's much consolation.
@Kessel

I kinda wonder if Ben will enjoy a lavish reign at all. He always struck me as someone with an ascetic lifestyle, despite his pride and arrogance. He's also quite masochistic and that's something he can't get rid of right away.

Hux seems like the type of person who will squander resources for a rich lifestyle and a king bed and golden robes. He always seemed like he wanted to take over Snoke.

Meanwhile Kylo is the type who just wants the job done with minimal fuss. So I won't be surprised if Supreme Leader Kylo Ren's bedroom may indeed be big, but lacks all the trappings and grandeur.
@Rei of Sunshine

I agree he doesn't seem to care much about opulence,  but he'll have better accommodations to keep up appearances.

I know it's too soon to speculate, but I wonder if his costume will change much in Episode IX now that he's the Supreme Leader. The only thing I can think of is he'll probably keep the cape.
@Kessel

I'm beginning to think that, if there is quite a bit of a time jump, maybe Kylo won't be able to handle the position of Supreme Leader after all. I just don't see him in that sense, except just by name. Perhaps Kylo will come to realise that having ultimate power didn't give him a sense of fulfilment. Hux is the one who would be a better fit in charge and be good at it. The only reason why Kylo pursued it when he and Rey defeated the PG was because Rey gave him a reason to hope for a better future. Without her, there was no point in creating something new.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:26 am

ZioRen wrote:I just can't imagine how years of Renperor is going to be good for Kylo's redemption. Not saying they can't pull it off or won't, but...yeah. I somehow doubt they're going to present him as a benevolent ruler, let's put it that way. This is why I fear a big time gap.
@ZioRen

My first prediction is that he was going to disappear somewhere, and maybe keep control of Hux and the FO via transmission as Snoke did in TFA. I don't think he really cares what Hux does in regards to the galaxy, but maybe is interested in the finding the Resistance. As to what he does in hiding, I really hope it is a chance for him to discover himself, what he is, and what he wants in his life. Maybe a Force Ghost Luke is more sympathetic than Projection Luke.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:27 am

ZioRen wrote:I just can't imagine how years of Renperor is going to be good for Kylo's redemption. Not saying they can't pull it off or won't, but...yeah. I somehow doubt they're going to present him as a benevolent ruler, let's put it that way. This is why I fear a big time gap.
@ZioRen

If Kylo is portrayed same way Snoke and Emperor is. What would be the point? He wants old things and patterns to die and do it his own way. I don't expect nice boy Supreme Leader Kylo Ren but he has to be different than cruel, power hungry like Snoke and Emperor. He has to make things right and differently. My worry is that what it will do to connection between him and Rey, how much further he goes dark from GA point of view. We can see the nuance, parts others don't like with TFA but what about GA. Repetition of Vader of last minute redemption would be waste of time.

AceofWands wrote:
@ZioRen

We have no evidence that he's going to be any sort of ruler, or that he won't collapse emotionally before anything happens. Plus there's his rivalry with Hux that will come into play.

@AceofWands

Kylo did surprised us by taking out Snoke and being Supreme Leader Ren. He is unpredictable to its core and can make it work, while feeling miserable. Typical Kylo but I hope he's competent ruler, while he has rivalry with Hux along tee way.

I can see Kylo disappearing for some time to let's say Mustafar like his grandfather.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:34 am

DarthRen wrote:

Kylo did surprised us by taking out Snoke and being Supreme Leader Ren. He is unpredictable to its core and can make it work, while feeling miserable. Typical Kylo but I hope he's competent ruler, while he has rivalry with Hux along tee way.

I can see Kylo disappearing for some time to let's say Mustafar like his grandfather.
@DarthRen

I agree but I think that we don't know yet. I think the "renperor" scenario assumes a lot of things that might or might not be the direction of the story.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:40 am

DarthRen wrote:
@ZioRen

If Kylo is portrayed same way Snoke and Emperor is. What would be the point? He wants old things and patterns to die and do it his own way. I don't expect nice boy Supreme Leader Kylo Ren but he has to be different than cruel, power hungry like Snoke and Emperor. He has to make things right and differently. My worry is that what it will do to connection between him and Rey, how much further he goes dark from GA point of view. We can see the nuance, parts others don't like with TFA but what about GA. Repetition of Vader of last minute redemption would be waste of time.

AceofWands wrote:
@ZioRen

We have no evidence that he's going to be any sort of ruler, or that he won't collapse emotionally before anything happens. Plus there's his rivalry with Hux that will come into play.

@AceofWands

@DarthRen

Yep, if Kylo is to retreat to Mustafar in IX, then there better be FG Anakin to knock some sense into his grandson.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:43 am

I think we'll see Kylo as Supreme Leader at the beginning of Episode IX, since that's how he was left off in TLJ.  Whether he'll remain Supreme Leader remains to be seen.

I don't think he wanted to be Supreme Leader of the FO. He was pushed into the position because his true plan/desire -- to destroy everything, set up something new, and rule with Rey, completely fell apart.

From what I understand, his goal was to finish what Vader started, which is destroy the Jedi. Vader also wanted to bring order and peace to the galaxy (according to his speech to Padme in ROTS) which I don't think is exactly the same as what Kylo now wants in TLJ? Or maybe it is...

I think it's interesting because it's different to the speech he gives in the TFA novel (which is not in the film so it may not be canon) where he's all about "order" and restoring the Empire. He says:

"It is the task of the First Order to remove the disorder from our own existence, so that civilization may be returned to the stability that promotes progress. A stability that existed under the Empire, was reduced to anarchy by the Rebellion, was inherited in turn by the so-called Republic, and will be restored by us. Future historians will look upon this as the time when a strong hand brought the rule of law back to civilization.”

Perhaps once he meets Rey, he decides he wants to start from scratch and then bring order to the galaxy, but with soemthing brand new.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:49 am

thescavenger wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@ZioRen

AceofWands wrote:
@ZioRen

@AceofWands

@DarthRen

Yep, if Kylo is to retreat to Mustafar in IX, then there better be FG Anakin to knock some sense into his grandson.
@thescavenger

FG of Anakin talking to Khim is my favourite headcanon. Much rather than Luke but I wouldn't mind if he acts in a normal way. Not like he's on weed or someting. His eyes, looked like Luke was stoned while confronting Kylo.

AceofWands wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@DarthRen

I agree but I think that we don't know yet. I think the "renperor" scenario assumes a lot of things that might or might not be the direction of the story.
@AceofWands

I hated Renperor idea but now thinking its a goo choice, has to be a conflict and Kylo Ren[mind you not Ben Solo] works better as the villain than Snoke. More complex, guilt-ridden, filled with pain and duel personality. Snoke is like a typical mustach-twirling villain.

Time jump truly makes me only nervous about GA view on him and his connection to Rey. She gets attached to people far too quickly, which is why some people are worried because of Damerrey. Also, how sewered their connection will get. Without a contact for years takes a toll on Kylo, Rey forgot really quickly so she's fine in that aspect.

DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:58 am

Kessel wrote:I think we'll see Kylo as Supreme Leader at the beginning of Episode IX, since that's how he was left off in TLJ.  Whether he'll remain Supreme Leader remains to be seen.

I don't think he wanted to be Supreme Leader of the FO. He was pushed into the position because his true plan/desire -- to destroy everything, set up something new, and rule with Rey, completely fell apart.

From what I understand, his goal was to finish what Vader started, which is destroy the Jedi. Vader also wanted to bring order and peace to the galaxy (according to his speech to Padme in ROTS) which I don't think is exactly the same as what Kylo now wants in TLJ? Or maybe it is...

I think it's interesting because it's different to the speech he gives in the TFA novel (which is not in the film so it may not be canon) where he's all about "order" and restoring the Empire. He says:

"It is the task of the First Order to remove the disorder from our own existence, so that civilization may be returned to the stability that promotes progress. A stability that existed under the Empire, was reduced to anarchy by the Rebellion, was inherited in turn by the so-called Republic, and will be restored by us. Future historians will look upon this as the time when a strong hand brought the rule of law back to civilization.”

Perhaps once he meets Rey, he decides he wants to start from scratch and then bring order to the galaxy, but with soemthing brand new.
@Kessel

TFA novel is canon, if it explain things furthemore and gives motivations behind certain scenes. Like when Kylo tried to be honest to Rey, he was to her ina very brutal fashion.

That idea is basically what Kylo proposed to Rey but in a wrong time and in a clumsy way. We'll see time jump at some point, maybe not directly after end of TLJ. We could get first glimpses of Supreme Leader Ren, Leia's death and where the Rebellion and Rey are heading. Then time jump of few years and how Kylo is sad, alone, depressed but somehow still Supreme Leader and Hux is plotting or is close to overthrowing Kylo. Because Kylo is rather hiding on Mustafar or is constantly away, not attending important business of FO.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:58 am

DarthRen wrote:
thescavenger wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@ZioRen

AceofWands wrote:
@ZioRen

@AceofWands

@DarthRen

@thescavenger

FG of Anakin talking to Khim is my favourite headcanon. Much rather than Luke but I wouldn't mind if he acts in a normal way. Not like he's on weed or someting. His eyes, looked like Luke was stoned while confronting Kylo.

AceofWands wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@DarthRen

@AceofWands

I hated Renperor idea but now thinking its a goo choice, has to be a conflict and Kylo Ren[mind you not Ben Solo] works better as the villain than Snoke. More complex, guilt-ridden, filled with pain and duel personality. Snoke is like a typical mustach-twirling villain.

Time jump truly makes me only nervous about GA view on him and his connection to Rey. She gets attached to people far too quickly, which is why some people are worried because of Damerrey. Also, how sewered their connection will get. Without a contact for years takes a toll on Kylo, Rey forgot really quickly so she's fine in that aspect.

@DarthRen

I like the idea of Renperor but I didn't imagine that LF would dare to deliver that Renperor scenario. Definitely not the easiest road for both redemption and Reylo. But so interesting because:
- Nobody - Reylos and Antis - ends up wrong or false
- Kylo's redemption will be his own decision
- The end of Episode 9 is completely unpredictable

In the end, I come to like this scenario more than the one I predicted with Snylo as Renperor. Well done Rian, because that didn't went the way I thought!
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:08 am

reylo1992 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
thescavenger wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@ZioRen

AceofWands wrote:
@ZioRen

@AceofWands

@DarthRen

@thescavenger

AceofWands wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@DarthRen

@AceofWands

@DarthRen

I like the idea of Renperor but I didn't imagine that LF would dare to deliver that Renperor scenario. Definitely not the easiest road for both redemption and Reylo. But so interesting because:
- Nobody - Reylos and Antis - ends up wrong or false
- Kylo's redemption will be his own decision
- The end of Episode 9 is completely unpredictable

In the end, I come to like this scenario more than the one I predicted with Snylo as Renperor. Well done Rian, because that didn't went the way I thought!
@reylo1992

All of us got something but also been wrong about other things. I understand people's dissapointment, frustation because I had the same feeling but upon watching it again, it was much better. I guess, out expectations got the better of us.

It will not be an easy route and story became quite unpredictable, much more than after TFA. Time jump we're likely facing makes it even more apparent. I'm quite convinced of redemption as I pointed out in Kylo Ren/Ben Solo thread but when it comes to his fate not sure, same as Reylo happy ending, loving feelings in Ep IX or kids/wedding. Honestly it can go in any way which is fun to speculate but also frustrating part of what might come next. Dreading some bittersweet scenario.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:32 am

@SheLitAFire  hey mods, could we have a new thread for Renperor?  or should we discuss that in the Kylo/Ben thread or Kylo Vs. Hux thread?

Maybe we could transfer some of these convos please. Because it sorta deserves it's own thread. Very Happy
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Renperor thread Empty The Renperor thread

Post by SkyStar Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:37 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:@SheLitAFire  hey mods, could we have a new thread for Renperor?  or should we discuss that in the Kylo/Ben thread or Kylo Vs. Hux thread?

Maybe we could transfer some of these convos please. Because it sorta deserves it's own thread. Very Happy
@Rei of Sunshine

I think Renperor deserves his own thread. Wink
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 17 Dec 2017, 8:49 am

Yay thanks!

So I think I might be one of the minority who don't mind Renperor, but as long as it's done well and aids in Ben's development.

I mentioned in the Kylux thread (lol) that Kylo doesn't show any once of leadership. But he is the grandson of Padme Amidala and by adoption, Bail Organa. and son of Leia Organa. He just might have some hidden leadership capabilities within him.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:22 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:Yay thanks!

So I think I might be one of the minority who don't mind Renperor, but as long as it's done well and aids in Ben's development.

I mentioned in the Kylux thread (lol) that Kylo doesn't show any once of leadership. But he is the grandson of Padme Amidala and by adoption, Bail Organa. and son of Leia Organa. He just might have some hidden leadership capabilities within him.
@Rei of Sunshine

I guess I'm just nervous for him as Renperor with all those people (being Hux mostly) plotting behind his back. From what we have seen, most of the FO fear him and his anger. Also, he's always driven by strong emotions - not exactly a bad thing - but it will most likely cloud him from thinking strategically.

With that said, I am more than happy to give the possibility of a goodLeader!Kylo a chance.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:44 am

thescavenger wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

I guess I'm just nervous for him as Renperor with all those people (being Hux mostly) plotting behind his back. From what we have seen, most of the FO fear him and his anger. Also, he's always driven by strong emotions - not exactly a bad thing - but it will most likely cloud him from thinking strategically.

With that said, I am more than happy to give the possibility of a goodLeader!Kylo a chance.
@thescavenger

I think Hux and some others planning an mutiny against him bodes well for the character of Kylo Ren.

I imagine him as someone who'd rather do what he wants to do than sit and listen to strategy meetings for hours. Kylo is a man of action. And he still has goals he wants to finish, which is I think hunting for relics. I see him spending more time with his KOR and go on missions than sit on his throne.

This will annoy and piss off Hux who could be planning a mutiny. For me this is a good turn in the story because Hux has military control, and he stands as a big threat to the Rebellion and the other independent planets. And once he usurps Kylo, Kylo wont be seen as the big bad anymore.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:15 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
thescavenger wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@thescavenger

I think Hux and some others planning an mutiny against him bodes well for the character of Kylo Ren.

I imagine him as someone who'd rather do what he wants to do than sit and listen to strategy meetings for hours. Kylo is a man of action. And he still has goals he wants to finish, which is I think hunting for relics. I see him spending more time with his KOR and go on missions than sit on his throne.

This will annoy and piss off Hux who could be planning a mutiny. For me this is a good turn in the story because Hux has military control, and he stands as a big threat to the Rebellion and the other independent planets. And once he usurps Kylo, Kylo wont be seen as the big bad anymore.
@Rei of Sunshine

Can absolutely see Hux usurping whilst Kylo is elsewhere - either on a mission or being all reclusive and in hiding. He doesn't give me the impression that he wants to conquer the galaxy either. His motivations are Force-related and personal more than anything. Eg. he didn't really take part in the Starkiller Base, but watched the attack from another ship.

It would be an interesting story progression to see Kylo becoming the third party in the war between FO and Resistance, actually.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:41 am

RENPEROR THREAD!! Thank you for this!
The Renperor thread B4f78d6b-4603-4c15-b521-fd252861f730

You all are my people.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Tue 26 Dec 2017, 10:16 pm

This post from Tumblr sums up what I really want for Renperor! hahaha. That's Leia's boii!

Man what I wouldnt give to make this canon.

I haven’t seen anyone talking about how Kylo Ren inherited the strongest traits of the people who collectively raised him.

Han’s an ace pilot, so is his son. Luke is a Jedi master, Ben turned out to be incredibly powerful. 

But what did he get from Leia? 

If he’s so great at what Han and Luke both did, the funniest f****ing possible thing for JJ Abrams to do in IX would be for Kylo to be good at ruling the galaxy.

It’d be like Mojo Jojo suddenly getting what he wanted in that one episode of the Powerpuff Girls. World hunger? Solved. Water crises? Sends in the storm troopers and fixes an aging pipe infrastructure in 12 hours. Overall health immediately improves.

The Resistance are constantly confused and surprised by all the public works projects that keep springing up on every planet where they’re trying to drum up support and open new bases. Trading Outposts are now part of a free and open market, and scavengers are ensured fair prices based on economic projections set by the government. 

There are murals, and not ones depicting the glory of the Supreme Leader, but just… murals. On the sides of buildings. Nice views to break up the monotony.

Hux is forced to play nice with his new boss and keeps having to scrap all his fun assassination plots because Kylo is pretty popular with the on-board staff. “Sure, he’s a bit weird, but full-coverage dental insurance goes a long way, and I got shore leave to visit my mum last month,” Hux overhears one admin saying to another, and starts grinding his teeth so hard the med-droids have to make him a night guard. The fact that it’s free doesn’t lessen the blow any. 

People are starting to shrug their shoulders and say, Eh, he’s not that bad, you know?

Finn and Poe are outraged just on principle. Rose is constantly getting into arguments with anyone who’ll listen about why Kylo needs to be doing more to expand welfare programs to put money back into the hands of the workers, I mean it’s okay, but honestly there could be a universal income introduced, and maybe that’s what he’s aiming toward over the next three years…

Rey is unsure how to feel about this since the Bond’s gone cold.

And Leia? Leia just looks over the Holonet for the latest news articles, shakes her head and purses her lips, muttering You little shithead to herself.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Tue 26 Dec 2017, 10:20 pm

@Rei of Sunshine That's AMAZING. I want this!

It's still got to be completely meaningless to him without Rey beside him, but yeah. I want this.

"You little shithead" Laughing

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Tue 26 Dec 2017, 10:39 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:@Rei of Sunshine That's AMAZING. I want this!

It's still got to be completely meaningless to him without Rey beside him, but yeah. I want this.

@MeadowofAshes

It's hilarious coz it's like he's showing up his mom or something. hahaha.

"See, you though I wasn't listening all this time whenever you drag me along to your senate meetings! Too much Vader my a**"

And well..maybe he seems cool on the outside. But in his room he's still pining for Rey. Then we it's all fine and dandy, he calls her up and says "D'you like what I did? I made all this for you"
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 27 Dec 2017, 1:08 am

This is a great thread! I'd love to see Kylo be successful in leadership - however, I would prefer it is not as leader of the FO!
I am open to anything in IX. It could very well be that he turns the organisation around.. but from what we know of the FO, they are an evil tyrannical, merciless organisation that has a lot of blood on it's hands. Lots of indoctrinated young people working there who are as brainwashed as Kylo was under snoke! The destruction of the Hosnian system/new republic & Rose's description of what the FO did to her planet, exploited the natural resources, and leveled it with their weapons - The FO is like a plague of locusts... leaving barren lands in their wake... I think the FO brand is too tainted to be able to move forward in a positive way. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

I think Kylo wanted to ascend to Leader and not just kill Snoke, because he thinks it is his destiny to rule the galaxy: Fulfilling what his grandfather started.. but once he is there, and out from under snoke's influence he may begin to question what it is he wants. I do wonder if this is a view Snoke had stoked in Ben from a young age, that he had never questioned.. Gosh I hope we see Anakin FG visit him in IX to set him straight!

In terms of Kylo's redemption arc - having read that very cool article on how redemption arcs can work (someone suggested it, I didn't find it: thank you and sorry I can't find who you were to thank you properly!!!! https://mythcreants.com/blog/crafting-a-redemption-arc-for-your-villain/ ) - I am guessing we'll have Kylo's redemption arc include his unhappiness at having achieved leadership of the FO - so I can't see him being happy staying with 'team evil' and the FO. But.. who knows! Smile

I think the FO splintering into a separate more positive organisation could work though.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 27 Dec 2017, 1:49 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:@Rei of Sunshine That's AMAZING. I want this!

@MeadowofAshes

It's hilarious coz it's like he's showing up his mom or something. hahaha.

"See, you though I wasn't listening all this time whenever you drag me along to your senate meetings! Too much Vader my a**"

And well..maybe he seems cool on the outside. But in his room he's still pining for Rey. Then we it's all fine and dandy, he calls her up and says "D'you like what I did? I made all this for you "
@Rei of Sunshine

Just rewatched Pride and Prejudice yesterday and honesly if they are going for Darth Darcy they should do this. I mean that would need more effort then jumping in front of laser for Rey, lol. It would also make sense that Hux gots more angry and shows his colors as the TRUE ENEMY!

Though it's still so hard to believe that they could go this way argh. Neutral
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 27 Dec 2017, 3:42 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:This post from Tumblr sums up what I really want for Renperor! hahaha. That's Leia's boii!

I haven’t seen anyone talking about how Kylo Ren inherited the strongest traits of the people who collectively raised him.

Han’s an ace pilot, so is his son. Luke is a Jedi master, Ben turned out to be incredibly powerful. 

If he’s so great at what Han and Luke both did, the funniest f****ing possible thing for JJ Abrams to do in IX would be for Kylo to be good at ruling the galaxy.

It’d be like Mojo Jojo suddenly getting what he wanted in that one episode of the Powerpuff Girls. World hunger? Solved. Water crises? Sends in the storm troopers and fixes an aging pipe infrastructure in 12 hours. Overall health immediately improves.

The Resistance are constantly confused and surprised by all the public works projects that keep springing up on every planet where they’re trying to drum up support and open new bases. Trading Outposts are now part of a free and open market, and scavengers are ensured fair prices based on economic projections set by the government. 

There are murals, and not ones depicting the glory of the Supreme Leader, but just… murals. On the sides of buildings. Nice views to break up the monotony.

Hux is forced to play nice with his new boss and keeps having to scrap all his fun assassination plots because Kylo is pretty popular with the on-board staff. “Sure, he’s a bit weird, but full-coverage dental insurance goes a long way, and I got shore leave to visit my mum last month,” Hux overhears one admin saying to another, and starts grinding his teeth so hard the med-droids have to make him a night guard. The fact that it’s free doesn’t lessen the blow any. 

People are starting to shrug their shoulders and say, Eh, he’s not that bad, you know?

Finn and Poe are outraged just on principle. Rose is constantly getting into arguments with anyone who’ll listen about why Kylo needs to be doing more to expand welfare programs to put money back into the hands of the workers, I mean it’s okay, but honestly there could be a universal income introduced, and maybe that’s what he’s aiming toward over the next three years…

And Leia? Leia just looks over the Holonet for the latest news articles, shakes her head and purses her lips, muttering You little shithead to herself.
@Rei of Sunshine

I thought about that possible outcome as well! No kidding! I doubt they will lead the story that way... but it's fun speculating. Laughing

Ben has anger-issues and is too emotional driven to be rational, but he is intelligent and smart...with Snoke and Luke gone and him finally free of all the the bad influence - who knows? It sure would be a big surprise for the GA- but what would be the main conflict to be solved?
OK, we have Hux but somehow I can't see him being the main Villain/Antagonist of IX.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 27 Dec 2017, 3:57 am

Night Huntress wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:This post from Tumblr sums up what I really want for Renperor! hahaha. That's Leia's boii!

@Rei of Sunshine

I thought about that possible outcome as well! No kidding! I doubt they will lead the story that way... but it's fun speculating. Laughing

Ben has anger-issues and is too emotional driven to be rational, but he is intelligent and smart...with Snoke and Luke gone and him finally free of all the the bad influence - who knows? It sure would be a big surprise for the GA- but what would be the main conflict to be solved?
OK, we have Hux but somehow I can't see him being the main Villain/Antagonist of IX.
@Night Huntress

Yeah. Poor boii is too emotional for all this to happen. But it's not impossible. He probably has some smarts in him.

And speaking seriously, if they do go this route, the main conflict would be as simple as misunderstandings and in-fighting. Like the galaxy could be such a good place if only people all worked together for the common good, but nooooo. Someone has to crave power and someone else has to always look for trouble. It would be very meta for our current society. Although I'm not sure if it's JJ's taste to go meta.

Hux would want to usurp Ren and colonize the galaxy the fast route. Meanwhile the Resistance would simply be waiting in the wings for Ben and the FO to make just one mistake and act on it because they still don't trust the FO.

So when Hux usurps Ben and resumes war and world domination, the Resistance are armed and ready as well and both would simply lay waste to what has already been healed and repaired.

It's meta about the Force too. It's just not that easy trying to regain balance because both side always want to gain the upper hand.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next