Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Renperor thread

+41
Night Huntress
Darth_Awakened
SoloSideCousin
Darth_marshmallow
Rei of Sunshine
PalmettoBlue
ISeeAnIsland
lauvamp
Atenais
Kylo Men
Kessel
DeeBee
Cowgirlsamurai
californiagirl
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
Tex
MindAndMagic
CienaRee
rawpowah
Geralt_Riv
Starliteprism
Teo oswald
DarthRen
motherofpearl1
rey09
Piper Maru
snufkin
IoJovi
Armadeus
fuhry
MrsWindu
shii405
vaderito
Rimfaxe96
Saracene
MeadowofAshes
SkyStar
reylo1992
AceofWands
thescavenger
45 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Renperor thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Renperor thread

Post by Kessel Wed 27 Dec 2017, 4:15 am

SkyStar wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:@Rei of Sunshine That's AMAZING. I want this!

It's still got to be completely meaningless to him without Rey beside him, but yeah. I want this.

"You little shithead" Laughing
@MeadowofAshes

It's hilarious coz it's like he's showing up his mom or something. hahaha.

"See, you though I wasn't listening all this time whenever you drag me along to your senate meetings! Too much Vader my a**"

And well..maybe he seems cool on the outside. But in his room he's still pining for Rey. Then we it's all fine and dandy, he calls her up and says "D'you like what I did? I made all this for you "
@Rei of Sunshine

Just rewatched Pride and Prejudice yesterday and honesly if they are going for Darth Darcy they should do this. I mean that would need more effort then jumping in front of laser for Rey, lol. It would also make sense that Hux gots more angry and shows his colors as the TRUE ENEMY!

Though it's still so hard to believe that they could go this way argh. Neutral
@SkyStar

Incorporating elements of this scenario would provide potential for unique drama.

It's also the opposite of what the GA expects, which works in its favor, IMO.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 27 Dec 2017, 4:38 am

I just realised something. Kylo became the Supreme Leader of the galaxy at 30 Shocked

I'm 37 and I've had the same job for the last 11 years. Maybe I need to rethink my life.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 27 Dec 2017, 4:40 am

Saracene wrote:I just realised something. Kylo became the Supreme Leader of the galaxy at 30 Shocked

I'm 37 and I've had the same job for the last 11 years. Maybe I need to rethink my life.
@Saracene

LOL, this is amazing. Laughing

But at what cost though? :/
Its like the modern CEO story
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 27 Dec 2017, 4:41 am

Kessel wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

It's still got to be completely meaningless to him without Rey beside him, but yeah. I want this.

@MeadowofAshes

"See, you though I wasn't listening all this time whenever you drag me along to your senate meetings! Too much Vader my a**"

And well..maybe he seems cool on the outside. But in his room he's still pining for Rey. Then we it's all fine and dandy, he calls her up and says "D'you like what I did? I made all this for you "
@Rei of Sunshine

Just rewatched Pride and Prejudice yesterday and honesly if they are going for Darth Darcy they should do this. I mean that would need more effort then jumping in front of laser for Rey, lol. It would also make sense that Hux gots more angry and shows his colors as the TRUE ENEMY!

@SkyStar

Incorporating elements of this scenario would provide potential for unique drama.

@Kessel

I agree with both of you. I mean, seriously, how many times are they going to have him go on a rant? If this was a TV series they would have time.  But now they only have one more movie.  It's kind of either now or never on him pulling it together.

Also, think about it.  Yoda told Luke that the best teacher was failure.  Luke's showdown with him was a massive lesson in failure with salt poured in the wound to boot.  How does he not learn from that? How is he already not learning from that when he ends TLJ on his knees?

IMO Hux will be the evil extremist, while Ben will not be.  I don't mean to say that Ben will be all sweetness and light, but I am confident that there will be a strong difference between him and Hux.  For example, Ben will not be so bloodthirsty and Ben may even make efforts to make the FO more reasonable, such as removing Hux's power base, namely the stormtrooper program ... and Hux will not have any part of that.  This is where you could have your coup and/or division into two different factions.

I also think that Poe may prove to be the other side of Hux's coin.  IOW, even if Ben pulls a Mr. Darcy and starts to get his house in order, whether he is part of a FO splinter group or rogue somehow, Poe will want to take Ben out.  IMO he will see him as being no different than Hux ... and this might be the place where he and Rey really seem to part ways.

I, of course, could be totally be wrong ... but the Pride and Prejudice model works ... and they already seem to be drawing from it (i.e. Ben's blunt proposal, Eddie Redmayne auditioning with Pride and Prejudice) ... and like Mr. Darcy, Ben may actually start to change some things now that he has been rejected, now that Luke has completely humiliated him and rubbed his nose in failure, and now that Snoke and his evil mindf***ery are gone.  Kylo, of course, will be as PTSD and damaged as sith, but that doesn't mean that he has to keep losing his mind, and it doesn't mean that he can't quietly start making some good choices a la Mr. Darcy.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 27 Dec 2017, 5:04 am

SkyStar wrote:
Saracene wrote:I just realised something. Kylo became the Supreme Leader of the galaxy at 30 Shocked

@Saracene

LOL, this is amazing.  Laughing

But at what cost though? :/
Its like the modern CEO story
@SkyStar

Kylo Ren Undercover video is now very relevant.

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Kessel wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@MeadowofAshes

@Rei of Sunshine

@SkyStar

@Kessel

I agree with both of you. I mean, seriously, how many times are they going to have him go on a rant? If this was a TV series they would have time.  But now they only have one more movie.  It's kind of either now or never on him pulling it together.

Also, think about it.  Yoda told Luke that the best teacher was failure.  Luke's showdown with him was a massive lesson in failure with salt poured in the wound to boot.  How does he not learn from that? How is he already not learning from that when he ends TLJ on his knees?

IMO Hux will be the evil extremist, while Ben will not be.  It don't mean to say that Ben will be all sweetness and light, but I am confident that there will be a strong difference between him and Hux.  For example, Ben will not be so bloodthirsty and Ben may even make efforts to make the FO more reasonable, such as removing Hux's power base, namely the stormtrooper program ... and Hux will not have any part of that.  This is where you could have your coup and/or division into two different factions.

I also think that Poe may prove to be the other side of Hux's coin.  IOW, even if Ben pulls a Mr. Darcy and starts to get his house in order, whether he is part of a FO splinter group or rogue somehow, Poe will want to take Ben out.  IMO he will see him as being no different than Hux ... and this might be the place where he and Rey really seem to part ways.

I, of course, could be totally be wrong ... but the Pride and Prejudice model works ... and they already seem to be drawing from it (i.e. Ben's blunt proposal, Eddie Redmayne auditioning with Pride and Prejudice) ... and like Mr. Darcy, Ben may actually start to change some things now that he has been rejected, now that Luke has completely humiliated him and rubbed his nose in failure, and now that Snoke and his evil mindf***ery is gone.  Kylo, of course, will be as PTSD and damaged as sith, but that doesn't mean that he has to keep losing his mind and it doesn't mean that he can't quietly start making some good choices a la Mr. Darcy.
@SoloSideCousin

All of this.

We had Kylo on ranting on Crait becaise he just killed Snoke, Luke humilliating him and Rey rejecting him. That was the ultimate low-point for him. He's now all alone, with more time he'll be be a bit more rational. Keep going with ranting Kylo probably might not be the best way to achieve much, it would only undermine him and making it easier for Hux to take control over. A lot of it depends on time skip, how much and if even.

Kylo showed some level of understanding, cleverness and he can control himself. True, it was with Rey around but he's capable of such a ecision. If they want to go with him and Hux just laying waste everywhere, it would be no different to Emperor, Snoke or Hux himself. There has to bea polar oppostie ideologies between him and Hux. It's been basically set up since TFA, these two have very different views. Just looking at SKB weapon being used, Kylo wasn't a fan of it and Hux was eager to use it. Their dynamic is very different to Vader and Tarkin. They had a mutual respect for one another, even if disagreeing on a lot of things.

Actually, it would be apleasent surprise for GA and all of us to see Kylo actually making a progress and trying to make it a better place. Hux undermoning him and slowly being revealed as the opposite of Poe, two extemists on the each side of the war. As things progress further, Kylo and Rey realize they need to act in ordrer to save the Galaxy. It just makes most sense to me with all that has been done.

Evil Kylo Supreme Leader is simply not the way to go.

Emotionally unstable, walking and talking ranting machine also.

The best case scenario is Kylo truly trying to rule with the iron fist but be fair, trying to make a it a better place for everyone. Unlike Hux, Poe who would love to destroy one another. This all ties up with Rose's line about saving those we love, not killing those we hate.

Last edited by DarthRen on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 27 Dec 2017, 5:04 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Kessel wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@MeadowofAshes

@Rei of Sunshine

@SkyStar

@Kessel

IMO Hux will be the evil extremist, while Ben will not be.  I don't mean to say that Ben will be all sweetness and light, but I am confident that there will be a strong difference between him and Hux.  For example, Ben will not be so bloodthirsty and Ben may even make efforts to make the FO more reasonable, such as removing Hux's power base, namely the stormtrooper program ... and Hux will not have any part of that.  This is where you could have your coup and/or division into two different factions.

I, of course, could be totally be wrong ... but the Pride and Prejudice model works ... and they already seem to be drawing from it (i.e. Ben's blunt proposal, Eddie Redmayne auditioning with Pride and Prejudice) ... and like Mr. Darcy, Ben may actually start to change some things now that he has been rejected, now that Luke has completely humiliated him and rubbed his nose in failure, and now that Snoke and his evil mindf***ery are gone.  Kylo, of course, will be as PTSD and damaged as sith, but that doesn't mean that he has to keep losing his mind, and it doesn't mean that he can't quietly start making some good choices a la Mr. Darcy.
@SoloSideCousin

And there could be a hopless situation for the Resistance or Rey and then someone helps them. And of course the twist is that it's Kylo. And after that he does something similar where only Rey already understands that it is him. When Darcy helped Bannets the family was still sceptical because she was the only one who understood his actions.
And in the end there is
"You like him
I love him! We misjudged him! I misjudged him. We are the same."
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 27 Dec 2017, 5:34 am

LOL I can just imagine an in-universe Gossip tabloid article written by a thirsty blue twilek raving about SL Kylo Ren

Most Eligible Bachelors below 40
1.) Supreme Leader Kylo Ren.
-Once Supreme Leader Snoke's obedient apprentice, this mysterious tall dark and handsome Force user is now the powerful man in the galaxy! Ren came fron a shadowy beginning in the First Order. But rumor has it from sludge news that he is really Ben Solo. Son of legendary smuggler Han Solo! Now we know where he got his dashing good looks! But that's not all! His mother is said to be ex-senator, now Resistance General Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan! *Gasp* Is that family drama we sense? Organa has also been the subject of controversy a few years ago after her true lineage has been revealed, and that she and the legendary Jedi Hero Luke Skywalker are siblings and children of Darth Vader and Senator Amidala! WOW Color me intruiged! Not only is our new Supreme Leader a tall drink of water, he's got a really rich blue blooded background to boot! And the best part of all this my dear friends, he's still single! Now I'm not surprised since he's obviously a busy man, but what I wouldn't give to wrap my lekku around those broad shoulders!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 27 Dec 2017, 6:02 am

I find it amusing how the thread starts with sleeping accommodations when IMO Kylo shouldn't be sleeping at all or lock himself in somewhere when he does so. Seriously, first his own uncle, and then Hux try to kill him while he's out. He better post a few KoR in front of his bedroom door at all times.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 27 Dec 2017, 6:13 am

now I have that new head canon - Ben realizing ruling everything alone is nearly impossible. So he rebuilt his version of the Galactic Senate and asking his Mother if she would join... imagine Leia's face Shocked Suspect WTH Confus   Sorry, I know not gonna happen but I find the thought hilarious. ROFL ROFL ROFL
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 27 Dec 2017, 7:37 am

I think that Renperor may indeed become the Emperor. Notice that TLJ dismantled the Resistance name at the end of the movie and blatantly took the Rebellion name back. Which makes sense cause the Resistance was just Poor Man's rebellion or rebellion 2.0 so why pretend otherwise? So since FO is basically Empire 2.0 or Poor man's Empire, what are the chances they also drop FO name pretense and just crown the Emperor and call itself the Empire? I think the chance is very big. Unless there's a twist where Renperor is ousted by Hux and Hux ends up the Emperor.

But yes, I think they dropped the pretense so having Kylo take the title is the next logical step. Renperor Lives! cheers

Now the thing with Renperor that got me concerned is that I don't think they are capable off pulling of whatever they think they could pull off. I've no faith in Terrio and JJ is a great Act 1 guy but not at all an Act 3 one. he's all set up and then what am I gonna do now?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 27 Dec 2017, 7:46 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:LOL I can just imagine an in-universe Gossip tabloid article written by a thirsty blue twilek raving about SL Kylo Ren

-Once Supreme Leader Snoke's obedient apprentice, this mysterious tall dark and handsome Force user is now the powerful man in the galaxy! Ren came fron a shadowy beginning in the First Order. But rumor has it from sludge news that he is really Ben Solo. Son of legendary smuggler Han Solo! Now we know where he got his dashing good looks! But that's not all! His mother is said to be ex-senator, now Resistance General Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan! *Gasp* Is that family drama we sense? Organa has also been the subject of controversy a few years ago after her true lineage has been revealed, and that she and the legendary Jedi Hero Luke Skywalker are siblings and children of Darth Vader and Senator Amidala! WOW Color me intruiged! Not only is our new Supreme Leader a tall drink of water, he's got a really rich blue blooded background to boot! And the best part of all this my dear friends, he's still single! Now I'm not surprised since he's obviously a busy man, but what I wouldn't give to wrap my lekku around those broad shoulders!
@Rei of Sunshine

*spits my drink* now this is the real deal! Well done! Very Happy

"I heard he killed his father!"
"Someone told me he is the Jedi Killer"
"Really? I think he is just so lonely, look at him."
"Yes, he is so handsome, poor thing"
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 27 Dec 2017, 7:46 am

vaderito wrote:I think that Renperor may indeed become the Emperor. Notice that TLJ dismantled the Resistance name at the end of the movie and blatantly took the Rebellion name back. Which makes sense cause the Resistance was just Poor Man's rebellion or rebellion 2.0 so why pretend otherwise? So since FO is basically Empire 2.0 or Poor man's Empire, what are the chances they also drop FO name pretense and just crown the Emperor and call itself the Empire? I think the chance is very big. Unless there's a twist where Renperor is ousted by Hux and Hux ends up the Emperor.

But yes, I think they dropped the pretense so having Kylo take the title is the next logical step. Renperor Lives! cheers

Now the thing with Renperor that got me concerned is that I don't think they are capable off pulling of whatever they think they could pull off. I've no faith in Terrio and JJ is a great Act 1 guy but not at all an Act 3 one. he's all set up and then what am I gonna do now?
@vaderito

I think FO doesn't have enough colonies and allies yet to call itself an empire. But they're almost there. With majority of the New Republic leadership gone on Hosnian Prime, there's no one to go against the FO rising to become the empire.

However I think what Ben will do while in position is to focus on rebuilding and rehabilitation on the worlds the FO already owns. I dunno why I'm so optimistic about Renperor but I think Ben has it in him to be a benevolent leader thanks to the lesson imparted to him by Luke. He'll probably go a little slow, too slow for Hux's liking.

I can see Hux as the one who wants to goad Ben into becoming Emperor, but Ben will probably say that the FO is not ready. Hux gets pissed and usurps Ben, declares himself emperor, creating the FO empire and waging war on those who won't cooperate.

That's when the Rebellion swoops in and an all out war explodes.

This is where we'll get Emperor Hux vs. Rebellion General Poe, meanwhile Rey and Ben go off and try to balance the Force. lol
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 27 Dec 2017, 7:47 am

If that guy who met JJ is even remotely right, JJ will try to stay away from the Empre vs The Rebellion rehash, he got a lot of stick for TFA being too much like ANH. He'll experiment and TLJ showed it can work and he liked it, LF very much love this route. Kylo specifically talked abut moving to new era, not saying it'll work and he'll be the best, most efficient ruler but don't think it'llbe as close to OT. I have faith but also aware of other scenarios.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 27 Dec 2017, 7:50 am

I don't know. I have a feeling that Renperor is more of an Act 2 (second movie) shocker than something they actually know how to develop and pull off in Act 3 (last movie). I've seen that happen before.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 27 Dec 2017, 7:57 am

vaderito wrote:I don't know. I have a feeling that Renperor is more of an Act 2 (second movie) shocker than something they actually know how to develop and pull off in Act 3 (last movie). I've seen that happen before.
@vaderito

I know what you mean. I want to make it work and find how it could work, but at the same time, I have very low expectations for nuance here. When I watched TLJ for me it seemed fitting that he would disappear from FO after hearing of  Leia's death and Hux just starts to hunt him because he knows FO secrets. Like I want to think how it would work, and yet at the same time to have low expectations. Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 27 Dec 2017, 8:04 am

SkyStar wrote:
vaderito wrote:I don't know. I have a feeling that Renperor is more of an Act 2 (second movie) shocker than something they actually know how to develop and pull off in Act 3 (last movie). I've seen that happen before.
@vaderito

I know what you mean. I want to make it work and find how it could work, but at the same time, I have very low expectations for nuance here. When I watched TLJ for me it seemed fitting that he would disappear from FO after hearing of  Leia's death and Hux just starts to hunt him because he knows FO secrets. Like I want to think how it would work, and yet at the same time to have low expectations. Very Happy
@SkyStar

Well that's another interesting scenario. Ben senses Leia's death and has an epiphany of how he let his life go to sith.

But as much as I want him to leave FO, the idea of leaving a super power organization in the hands of Hux is irresponsible. We know Hux will take over before Kylo's cape disappears around the corner and he'll bomb every planet that doesn't bow to him.

I'd much rather selfsacrificing Ben stay around to keep an eye on Hux..But eventually get usurp coz he's being too nice. haha
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 27 Dec 2017, 8:12 am

@Rei of Sunshine

That makes me think of some kind of assassination attempt like Padme had.
it could also be that the assassination is constructed to blame the Resistance, but it's actually Hux. I am in too deep
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Wed 27 Dec 2017, 8:17 am

SkyStar wrote:@Rei of Sunshine

That makes me think of some kind of assassination attempt like Padme had.
it could also be that the assassination is constructed to blame the Resistance, but it's actually Hux. I am in too deep
@SkyStar

That's not impossible. Tho Hux seems more like the type to stab you in the front and watch you as you bleed kind of traitor. hahaha.

But with Ben's force powers, that does put Hux to a disadvantage.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 27 Dec 2017, 8:21 am

It all depends what they want. Whether they want to do something with Ren and Hux that doesn't involve Ren killing Hux early on or not. Cause I do understand that the idea to have a Skywalker Emperor til the end of the movie is an alluring one. And Ren is a character that offers them many options. I'm just not sure they'll go for the most satisfying one.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Wed 27 Dec 2017, 8:27 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:LOL I can just imagine an in-universe Gossip tabloid article written by a thirsty blue twilek raving about SL Kylo Ren

@Rei of Sunshine

This should be in the next SNL Kylo sketch! cheers This, and The Scavenger - Rey in gold bikini as Renperor's hostage Twisted Evil
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Wed 27 Dec 2017, 8:31 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
@vaderito

@SkyStar

Well that's another interesting scenario. Ben senses Leia's death and has an epiphany of how he let his life go to sith.

But as much as I want him to leave FO, the idea of leaving a super power organization in the hands of Hux is irresponsible. We know Hux will take over before Kylo's cape disappears around the corner and he'll bomb every planet that doesn't bow to him.

I'd much rather selfsacrificing Ben stay around to keep an eye on Hux..But eventually get usurp coz he's being too nice. haha
@Rei of Sunshine

I saw this article yesterday about a possible entry for IX starting with Leia’s funeral. I’m not entirely sure how the details could work as expressed in the rest of the article but I like your idea that his mother’s death would lead him on a path of major realisation about his ultimate life purpose?

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/12/26/star-wars-episode-ix-leia-funeral-sequence/

With The Last Jedi having already established the deep Force cconnection between Ben and Leia, Kylo Ren would be able to lead The First Order to The Resistance funeral gathering for her, using a method that no one in The Resistance would seemingly be aware of. With the funeral pulling Resistance figures together, it would be the perfect strategic strike that someone like General Hux would enjoy.

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 27 Dec 2017, 8:34 am

vaderito wrote:I think that Renperor may indeed become the Emperor. Notice that TLJ dismantled the Resistance name at the end of the movie and blatantly took the Rebellion name back. Which makes sense cause the Resistance was just Poor Man's rebellion or rebellion 2.0 so why pretend otherwise? So since FO is basically Empire 2.0 or Poor man's Empire, what are the chances they also drop FO name pretense and just crown the Emperor and call itself the Empire? I think the chance is very big. Unless there's a twist where Renperor is ousted by Hux and Hux ends up the Emperor.

@vaderito

I know what you mean. It's still early to speculate, but I also have my concerns about Terrio and JJ.

With Terrio, I saw Man of Steel, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League and they did not fill me with confidence. I know he won an Oscar for his Argo screenplay and I haven't seen Argo yet (I plan to), but I think his superhero movie screenplays are probably more informative of what he'll bring to the table for Episode IX. I thought Man of Steel was ok, but that's it. I wasn't into Batman vs. Superman at all. Justice League was a little better, but not that great either. They seemed like standard action movies and the characters were thin. Steppennwolf was one-dimensional and poorly developed, imo. The last thing I'd want to see in Episode IX is poor development for Kylo and a bunch of humorous bonding Resistance team scenes. I'm not saying he'll do exactly that, but it's something he did in Justice League.

I have more faith in JJ, but like you said, he's great at setting stories up, but not that good at sticking the ending. JJ's approach reminds me of an adult who overhypes something to a kid and gets them all excited about it, but the actual thing turns out to be a big letdown.

I hope they're able to deliver something more interesting and compelling than Rebels 2.0 vs. Empire 2.0.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 27 Dec 2017, 8:43 am

@kessel I've seen Argo. It's a competent movie. It doesn't have an emotional weight save the overall feeling of happiness that they made it. IMO, SW really needs to start milking the big moments a la LOTR. I'm always for the bigger emotional push than cutting it short. For some reason, SW doesn't like to dwell on those moment but it should. I'm still reeling that JJ cut away from Kylo's reaction to killing Han since that was more important than leia's reaction and he could have included both anyway - longer Kylo scene and longer Leia scene. What needed trimming was rathars and dull af trench run, not how patricide affects the son.

perfect:

JJ's approach reminds me of an adult who overhypes something to a kid and gets them all excited about it, but the actual thing turns out to be a big letdown.

cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 27 Dec 2017, 9:23 am

MrsWindu wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
@vaderito

@SkyStar

@Rei of Sunshine

I saw this article yesterday about a possible entry for IX starting with Leia’s funeral. I’m not entirely sure how the details could work as expressed in the rest of the article but I like your idea that his mother’s death would lead him on a path of major realisation about his ultimate life purpose?

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/12/26/star-wars-episode-ix-leia-funeral-sequence/

With The Last Jedi having already established the deep Force cconnection between Ben and Leia, Kylo Ren would be able to lead The First Order to The Resistance funeral gathering for her, using a method that no one in The Resistance would seemingly be aware of. With the funeral pulling Resistance figures together, it would be the perfect strategic strike that someone like General Hux would enjoy.

@MrsWindu

I'm convinced that a time jump and opening the crawl and the movie with Leia's death is the right way to handle this, and in my mind, the only graceful way to handle it.

As for Renperor, in my headcanon, after a time jump of several years, we see Kylo still on top of the First Order, yes, being the sensible one to Hux's extremist, and increasingly becoming isolated, alone and miserable. After spending his entire adolescence under Snoke's influence and finally being free of it, after he calms down from this frustration at the end of IX, he will be a more effective leader, but his passion for the First Order and in following in his grandfather's footsteps will wane. The death of Snoke is like a rebirth for Ben Solo, and it takes him a while to realize it. I say he's going to be on top but in serious soul searching mode. He's going to be looking for a way out, without giving into Hux, or Poe for that matter.

With Rey's help, they're going to find that way, and find a resolution to the war.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Wed 27 Dec 2017, 9:39 am

@Rei of Sunshine

I don't believe a word of it. Twilek Magazine has really gone downhill. It used to be good, but now they just print anything they think will sell. Not that I'm opposed to some gossip, but come on, at least make it believable! I mean, Skywalker the son of Darth Vader? Next thing you'll be telling me Kenobi survived the Jedi Purge. I don't support this kind of journalism. I will save my money for the Daily Sarlacc, thank you very much. Now that's a publication I can put my faith in.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next