Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Renperor thread

+41
Night Huntress
Darth_Awakened
SoloSideCousin
Darth_marshmallow
Rei of Sunshine
PalmettoBlue
ISeeAnIsland
lauvamp
Atenais
Kylo Men
Kessel
DeeBee
Cowgirlsamurai
californiagirl
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
Tex
MindAndMagic
CienaRee
rawpowah
Geralt_Riv
Starliteprism
Teo oswald
DarthRen
motherofpearl1
rey09
Piper Maru
snufkin
IoJovi
Armadeus
fuhry
MrsWindu
shii405
vaderito
Rimfaxe96
Saracene
MeadowofAshes
SkyStar
reylo1992
AceofWands
thescavenger
45 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Renperor thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Renperor thread

Post by SkyStar Wed 27 Dec 2017, 4:28 pm

The fact that its all about Ben makes me optimistic for a happy ending. Otherwise - whats the point of all of this? I see people taking Kylo's words kill the past as a proof he is going to die, because he is connected to the Skywalkers by bloodline so they die and he as well. But Ben is a new character! His whole ark is connected with bloodline and legacy  and how it affects you and how you move on! He is a transition - he will move on and we as well. I don't see reason for him to die - he is as powerful as Rey and there is no disbalance in the power and he has started his redemption. So yeah, being pretty positive about that.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 27 Dec 2017, 4:36 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
ZioRen wrote:I really, REALLY don't want a years long time skip but I get the feeling I ought to make my peace with it now. Mostly because I have some doubts about them portraying Renperor in a particularly nuanced way and I'm doubting they're going to let us point all the fingers at Hux, the "real" bad guy.
@ZioRen

I'm with you, for several reasons.

The first (and biggest) reason is that I don't want to see them completely throwing away the completely broken state that Kylo was in at the end of TLJ. IF we get a several years time jump, I think you almost have to go with him being a decent leader, otherwise what was the purpose of that heartbreaking ending of TLJ?

In that wonderful "redeem your villian" post that @MeadowofAshes shared, with Kylo's arc, we'd be looking at a "villain" who got everything he wanted and discovered that he was miserable at the start of IX. That doesn't sound like a multi-year time jump to me--at most, it's a few months.

@ISeeAnIsland I honestly think he's going to be the opposite. Can't tell what he's gonna do, but not prepared for any good news in the beginning of the 9. Thing is, he does feel awful at the end, but I also couldn't imagine him giving it all up at that moment to follow rey and the resistance. That moment struck me as a I screwed up but there's no going back now moment. I think this was him this whole movie- he's done so much, there is no point in even trying to be good (I am a monster, I don't hate him [Han]). He's completely hopeless and one route people who are totally alone take is just outright nihilism. I think he's just gonna keep going after the resistance but don't think he will have any direction. He's driven by need for revenge while Hux actually has some political doctrine he adheres to. I think one of the most heartbreaking scenes is when he yells out to Luke "Are you hear to save my soul?!" He knows he has nothing left in him. It's so sad =(

That being said, he will obviously be redeemed and there's many routes that can go. Ultimately what has to happen is he has to realize 1. holding on to anger and resentment is just going hasten his own end 2. come to the realization, for all the flaws of his family, they dearly loved him. I think rey serves as someone who can spell these words out to him through their bond. That way, he doesn't become good for her, rather she helps him get to that thinking.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 27 Dec 2017, 8:33 pm

rey09 wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
ZioRen wrote:I really, REALLY don't want a years long time skip but I get the feeling I ought to make my peace with it now. Mostly because I have some doubts about them portraying Renperor in a particularly nuanced way and I'm doubting they're going to let us point all the fingers at Hux, the "real" bad guy.
@ZioRen

I'm with you, for several reasons.

The first (and biggest) reason is that I don't want to see them completely throwing away the completely broken state that Kylo was in at the end of TLJ. IF we get a several years time jump, I think you almost have to go with him being a decent leader, otherwise what was the purpose of that heartbreaking ending of TLJ?

In that wonderful "redeem your villian" post that @MeadowofAshes shared, with Kylo's arc, we'd be looking at a "villain" who got everything he wanted and discovered that he was miserable at the start of IX. That doesn't sound like a multi-year time jump to me--at most, it's a few months.

@ISeeAnIsland I honestly think he's going to be the opposite. Can't tell what he's gonna do, but not prepared for any good news in the beginning of the 9. Thing is, he does feel awful at the end, but I also couldn't imagine him giving it all up at that moment to follow rey and the resistance. That moment struck me as a I screwed up but there's no going back now moment. I think this was him this whole movie- he's done so much, there is no point in even trying to be good (I am a monster, I don't hate him [Han]). He's completely hopeless and one route people who are totally alone take is just outright nihilism. I think he's just gonna keep going after the resistance but don't think he will have any direction. He's driven by need for revenge while Hux actually has some political doctrine he adheres to. I think one of the most heartbreaking scenes is when he yells out to Luke "Are you hear to save my soul?!" He knows he has nothing left in him. It's so sad =(

That being said, he will obviously be redeemed and there's many routes that can go. Ultimately what has to happen is he has to realize 1. holding on to anger and resentment is just going hasten his own end 2. come to the realization, for all the flaws of his family, they dearly loved him. I think rey serves as someone who can spell these words out to him through their bond. That way, he doesn't become good for her, rather she helps him get to that thinking.

@rey09

I agree, this moment is just heartbreaking, he says it as if he knew that nobody thinks there's anything good in him, as if he's accepting he is the failure everybody thinks he is.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 27 Dec 2017, 10:15 pm

One thing I'm curious about are the background both Finn and Rose have between them. Finn's from the whole child soldier program Hux's father started and that Hux is obviously running with Phasma's help. And Rose has her whole speech about what the FO did to her planet with strip mining and using them for target practice. So are they gonna bring that up b/c we got the senes from the first movie that Kylo's not really down with the child soldier part. And if he ever wants to get off the couch and back into Rey's good graces, she's about to make friends (and likely become very good friends) with somebody who has a pretty strong reason to hate the FO and not buy into the "The Empire did good things and made for a strong central government" argument.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 12:05 am

It's funny, but I can't help but think Rey made a colossal mistake in rejecting Kylo's proposal - he would at that moment have done anything for her. The influence she would have had over him for good would have been monumental.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 28 Dec 2017, 12:40 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:It's funny, but I can't help but think Rey made a colossal mistake in rejecting Kylo's proposal - he would at that moment have done anything for her. The influence she would have had over him for good would have been monumental.
@motherofpearl1

yes, but I understand why she rejected him. Rey isn't a experienced woman who knows how to manipulate / influence a man with her charms.  
She is just at the beginning of her "awakening"- her journey from a girl to a grown-up woman. Still naive and overly idealistic with a simple understanding of what's wrong/right.
She had this idealized vision of him - whatever she saw during their hand-touching...and she wanted this version of a redeemed perfect Ben Solo. A person who most likely will never exist.

After he killed Snoke and they fought together the PG she thought he made a 180°C change (and let's be honest- that's what many of the GA must have assumed as well). I can understand her disappointment and hurt at his horrible speech and that she wanted to run instead of thinking "Hm, he is a emotional unstable mess, if I take his offer I can manipulate him from the inside..." Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 3:35 pm

Time for a revised meta about Scarlet Heart Ryeo in regard to the rise of Supreme Leader Kylo Ren

A few weeks before TLJ came to the theaters, I had pointed out that that this TLJ connection chart....
The Renperor thread - Page 4 Tumbl110
...just looks like any regular K-drama chart, focusing on the Korean drama Scarlet Heart Ryeo
The Renperor thread - Page 4 Tumbl111

In regard to the outcome of TLJ, I think it is worth to make a revised analysis of the previous similarities pointed out between the ST and SHR before the movie came to the theaters. First let’s precise that any similarity between them is most probably unintentional since SHR was broadcasted in August 2016 as a Korean remake of the Chinese drama Bu Bi Jin Xin (2010) based on a Chinese novel. Although the stories are not the same, I definitely think after my viewing of TLJ that  it is worth to analyze more deeply the similarities of the ST with this drama, especially in regard to the trajectory  of Prince Wang So rising to the throne as future King Gwangjong:

I) The dual protagonist - The importance of the mysterious connection

The Renperor thread - Page 4 Maxres11

I) The dual protagonist - The importance of the mysterious connection :

II) The thin line between good & evil - The importance of context and (re)interpretation of history
The Renperor thread - Page 4 Captur96

II) The thin line between good & evil - The importance of context and (re)interpretation of history:

III) The rise of King Gwangjong -The importance of nuance and ambiguity

The Renperor thread - Page 4 59078711

III)The rise of King Gwangjong - The importance of nuance and ambiguity:
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 28 Dec 2017, 4:18 pm

@Reylo1992

What an incredible analysis. Claps
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 28 Dec 2017, 10:49 pm

Here is a fascinating take on TLJ final scene that might cheer up those disappointed by Rey' s reaction at the end, courtesy of thereylovoid: http://reylo-trash-lives-here.tumblr.com/post/169053997671/i-think-theres-this-one-interesting-thing
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:30 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Here is a fascinating take on TLJ final scene that might cheer up those disappointed by Rey' s reaction at the end, courtesy of thereylovoid: http://reylo-trash-lives-here.tumblr.com/post/169053997671/i-think-theres-this-one-interesting-thing
@motherofpearl1

Yes! Some really great observations in that post. And the things that she calls out are exactly why I don't want to see much of a timejump between TLJ and IX.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:57 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Here is a fascinating take on TLJ final scene that might cheer up those disappointed by Rey' s reaction at the end, courtesy of thereylovoid: http://reylo-trash-lives-here.tumblr.com/post/169053997671/i-think-theres-this-one-interesting-thing
@motherofpearl1

Yes! Some really great observations in that post. And the things that she calls out are exactly why I don't want to see much of a timejump between TLJ and IX.
@ISeeAnIsland

No, I don't either - a few months at the most.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 29 Dec 2017, 5:11 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Here is a fascinating take on TLJ final scene that might cheer up those disappointed by Rey' s reaction at the end, courtesy of thereylovoid:  http://reylo-trash-lives-here.tumblr.com/post/169053997671/i-think-theres-this-one-interesting-thing
@motherofpearl1

Yes!  Some really great observations in that post.  And the things that she calls out are exactly why I don't want to see much of a timejump between TLJ and IX.
@ISeeAnIsland

No, I don't either - a few months at the most.
@motherofpearl1

On one hand I don't want any or like maybe a few months at best timejump mainly because Kylo/Ben and Rey but then watching more of the Rebellion boring arc of trying re-group, Rey's Jedi training, Kylo/Ben sulking is not something amazing to see. Another reason why I don't see much of a timejump is that Hux would not tolerate Kylo much longer, not few years.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 29 Dec 2017, 5:44 am

The time jump will likely be a few months and maximum 1 year. They still have to address the FB. And since it's not closed off permanently, Rey and Ben will probably have some 'accidental' meetings but both with brush it off.

They also have to build and present a motivation for Hux which was hinted at the end of TLJ.

Kylo's probably just starting to get cozy in his throne and implementing some projects when Jux finds the right moment to strike.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 29 Dec 2017, 7:29 am

Wonder if Hux and/or the Resistance try an assassination attempt....and Rey has to make a choice as to whether she should save him or not.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 29 Dec 2017, 7:39 am

On my third viewing I noticed that Rey left him his lightsaber. Like, it's directly next to him when Hux enters the throne room and finds him knocked out on his side. She really should have taken that thing with her. Come on, Rey. Think for a minute. You bothered to gather the broken pieces of your saber but left Renperor with his weapon?

Speaking of which, she should have just dragged him back onto the Falcon, stole those Force cuffs. The End.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 29 Dec 2017, 8:09 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Wonder if Hux and/or the Resistance try an assassination attempt....and Rey has to make a choice as to whether she should save him or not.
@motherofpearl1

I could see where he might be injured and reaches out to her and she saves his life. When her Resistance friends find out - they flip. I suppose it could be vice versa....
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 29 Dec 2017, 9:56 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Wonder if Hux and/or the Resistance try an assassination attempt....and Rey has to make a choice as to whether she should save him or not.
@motherofpearl1

I could see where he might be injured and reaches out to her and she saves his life. When her Resistance friends find out - they flip. I suppose it could be vice versa....
@PalmettoBlue

I keep thinking of how the Resistance are going to react when they discover the Force bond - I can see Finn defending Rey, and Rose supporting him, but....what about the rest of them? And what if they recruit new members who are a little more....extreme?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 29 Dec 2017, 10:00 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@PalmettoBlue

I keep thinking of how the Resistance are going to react when they discover the Force bond - I can see Finn defending Rey, and Rose supporting him, but....what about the rest of them? And what if they recruit new members who are a little more....extreme?
@motherofpearl1

It’s going to be a mess...and it will hit those abandonment issues again.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 29 Dec 2017, 10:01 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@PalmettoBlue

@motherofpearl1

If we are counting on Poe Dameron to be the voice of reason, that’s PROBABLY not going to happen... Laughing

Lordy can Black Diamond get here any sooner? I need this movie in my life today...

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 29 Dec 2017, 10:12 am

@IoJovi I need Black Diamond too. I’d love to see the script....
I think Poe matured a lot over the course of TLJ (since his actions were responsible for virtually wiping out the Resistance, he needed to), but I can certainly see him coming up with ways to try to exploit the FB....
I think even Rose, as pure of heart as she is, is going to have lots of trouble with that kind of intimate connection with Kylo Ren. And that doesn’t even touch Finn’s reaction.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 29 Dec 2017, 10:20 am

IoJovi wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@PalmettoBlue

@motherofpearl1

If we are counting on Poe Dameron to be the voice of reason, that’s PROBABLY not going to happen... Laughing

Lordy can Black Diamond get here any sooner? I need this movie in my life today...

@IoJovi

Okay...I have a weird headcanon where Poe makes a play for Rey only for it to end in tears when he finds out she’s Force skype ing the new Supreme Leader!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:11 pm

I would love to see increased the menace that Hux supposes. He really can't stand Kylo and tried to kill him when he was unconscious, so...
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:14 pm

Hux is the kind to have others do his dirty work. If Phasma survived, I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t enlist her to do away with Kylo. But that’s not going to end well for her. I’m pretty sure this whole trilogy isn’t going to end well for Hux and Phasma, actually.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:15 pm

lauvamp wrote:I would love to see increased the menace that Hux supposes. He really can't stand Kylo and tried to kill him when he was unconscious, so...
@lauvamp

Domhnall made Hux so over the top he was funny......but at the end of TLJ he suddenly stopped being comical and became chilling. Now Snoke is gone, Hux would make an excellent uber baddie. You don’t have to be Force sensitive to be terrifying. He would make a fine successor to Peter Cushing’s Tarkin.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:30 pm

If Hux decides to turn a bunch of Stormtroopers against Kylo, he's going to be in a lot of danger Force powers or not. I think the PT taught us that.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next