Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Renperor thread

+41
Night Huntress
Darth_Awakened
SoloSideCousin
Darth_marshmallow
Rei of Sunshine
PalmettoBlue
ISeeAnIsland
lauvamp
Atenais
Kylo Men
Kessel
DeeBee
Cowgirlsamurai
californiagirl
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
Tex
MindAndMagic
CienaRee
rawpowah
Geralt_Riv
Starliteprism
Teo oswald
DarthRen
motherofpearl1
rey09
Piper Maru
snufkin
IoJovi
Armadeus
fuhry
MrsWindu
shii405
vaderito
Rimfaxe96
Saracene
MeadowofAshes
SkyStar
reylo1992
AceofWands
thescavenger
45 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

The Renperor thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Renperor thread

Post by Night Huntress Mon 08 Jan 2018, 2:02 pm

can't stop staring at that picture Sapristi Sapristi Sapristi

@snufkin: aaahhm- yes, someone pointed that out in a podcast. I think it was one episode from Star Wars Connection Confus

I'm not sure that's the case- I think we just didn't get to see it because of that men-dress he wore.

Some of us who watched Girls may can tell if he bulked up because he was shirtless in that TV-show a lot?
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Mon 08 Jan 2018, 2:08 pm

@Night Huntress

Yes! He looks very charismatic even with maternity pants or whatever lol! I find it amazing! I admire the strength he transmits, a true Emperor.
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 08 Jan 2018, 2:13 pm

@Night Huntress we joked about 'eating his feelings' enough with the size change, it wouldn't surprise me!

Last edited by snufkin on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 08 Jan 2018, 2:15 pm

@lauvamp

OMG, I was right about them wanting to cover his navel! Laughing

“The world of Star Wars is not our world,” Michael Kaplan, costume designer for “The Last Jedi,” wrote in an email. “Kylo Ren is not some hipster in hip-hugging jeans. Think Errol Flynn swashbuckling coolness as a point of departure. Hide that navel!”

And geez. Are those blood vessels I can see running down his neck, chest, and arm?  Shocked
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 08 Jan 2018, 3:16 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@lauvamp

“The world of Star Wars is not our world,” Michael Kaplan, costume designer for “The Last Jedi,” wrote in an email. “Kylo Ren is not some hipster in hip-hugging jeans. Think Errol Flynn swashbuckling coolness as a point of departure. Hide that navel!”

And geez. Are those blood vessels I can see running down his neck, chest, and arm?  Shocked
@Cowgirlsamurai

I see... I'm still not a huge fan of the pants, but I get that they didn't want them to look too contemporary, like something out of the real world. Kylo is from another galaxy far, far away after all and he still looks good. Smile

So here's the inspiration: swashbuckler Errol Flynn. Smile

The Renperor thread - Page 10 Img_1116
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 08 Jan 2018, 3:37 pm

Kessel wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@lauvamp

@Cowgirlsamurai

I see... I'm still not a huge fan of the pants, but I get that they didn't want them to look too contemporary, like something out of the real world. Kylo is from another galaxy far, far away after all and he still looks good. Smile

So here's the inspiration: swashbuckler Errol Flynn. Smile

The Renperor thread - Page 10 Img_1116
@Kessel

Dang Kylo /maternity pants is in two threads - I just posted this in the other one ( I’ll ask moderator to remove)

The Renperor thread - Page 10 26f53d10
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 08 Jan 2018, 4:20 pm

Night Huntress wrote:can't stop staring at that picture  Sapristi  Sapristi  Sapristi  

@snufkin: aaahhm- yes, someone pointed that out in a podcast. I think it was one episode from Star Wars Connection Confus

I'm not sure that's the case- I think we just didn't get to see it because of that men-dress he wore.

Some of us who watched Girls may can tell if he bulked up because he was shirtless in that TV-show a lot?
@Night Huntress

He was definitely bulked up more than usual at that point in time. You can tell if you see recent pictures of him that he's slimmed down again. It probably had something to do with trying to get back to usual form after losing so much weight for Silence. I'm sure he cut some muscle mass too that he was working to get back. If you go back and look at the behind the scenes shots of him training for TFA, the difference is big.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:31 pm

Sorry, but I am loving the high waist pants in hi-res Razz
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 10 Jan 2018, 4:38 pm

I love the part at 3:16; Rey rejecting Ben's offer made perfect sense for the story because they're at different points in their lives. Rey has finally let the past go but he hasn't. Ben thinks he's letting the past "die" by turning to the dark side but he's just as firmly entrenched in it as ever. Instead of living in his parents and Luke's shadow he's replaced it with his grandfather's, which are shoes he can't fill. Rey just wants to know her place now, in the present.

And another sign he's not Vader is how he let the rebels escape on Crait. He focuses all of his army's attention and resources on one man and when it doesn't work he stops everything to fight his uncle himself, allowing the rebels to escape. Vader would have never let his personal feelings get in the way like his grandson. He was always in control of his emotions; only concerned with the task at hand. When he fought Obi Wan on the Death Star he wasn't frothing at the mouth screaming revenge for severing his, remaining limbs; burning him alive and leaving him to die. He approached his former master like any other opponent.

In a sense he is like his grandpa, when he was still Anakin before the dark side corrupted him. And the fact he made it farther, than the elder Skywalker, without losing any limbs(a sign he was starting to lose his humanity) bodes well that he will do what Annie couldn't and walk away from the dark side before it's truly to late.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Jan 2018, 4:55 pm

He's 100% driven by personal interests and his behavior on Crait is a big part of why I never bought the "Rey was at the academy and dumped on Jakku with a mindwipe" theories. Like he can barely hold it together for himself in these situations and is all impulse. He's not calculating the way Hux is. Or he's only able to pull off killing Snoke because Rey is there and he seems far more in control of himself/focused by her presence (hence the begging to go along with his big dumb plan).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 10 Jan 2018, 5:23 pm

@Snufkin absolutely.   Hail at the beginning of the movie when Snoke mocked him, for feeling guilty over Han's death, he immediately tried to fight him on instinct and got struck down.  When Rey was with Ben he acted more calculated and maintained his cool, long enough to do what he needed to.  He made a plan and executed with precision instead of rushing in. Her presence made him far more level headed than the first time he tried to attack his former master.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:41 pm

@Darth Dementor There's an old classic post on here from @Xylo Ren about how they're more mature and decisive in one another's presence. He needed her to get out from under Snoke and likely in the moment after thought he could go for the throne because she'd have his back.

ETA - Found the old thread

Last edited by snufkin on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:44 pm

I always loved the concept of Renperor and the reality didn't disappoint me.

One of my major fears out of The Force Awakens was that TPTB somehow would dillute Kylo's unpredictability and lack of self control when he eventually turned (into a "Big Bad in Name Only" or a "Redeemed Ben Solo"). The guy is a mess and it's what's so fascinating about the character.

I absolutely adored how the throne didn't help him at all. Yes, Snoke was gone and he was free, but at what costs? He's still a kid, breaking the mask and saying you're going to destroy your girlfriend after being dumped (and crying after seeing her again because you're not over it) just drives this point home.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:50 pm

I saw TLJ for a 4th time today. One of the things that I looked for on this viewing was whether Kylo was actually aware that the Skywalker saber had split in two when he and Rey are blown apart and knocked unconscious. I think it's entirely possible that Kylo didn't know that the lightsaber broke--he'd only have a split second to realize that. In fact, I'm guessing that he thought that Rey got Luke to come back and gave him that lightsaber when they met up on Crait or on the Falcon or wherever.

I zeroed in on this because it hadn't sat right with me that as unhinged as he was, Kylo didn't seem to be shocked by seeing Luke with the Skywalker lightsaber at the end.

What actually happens is they're both reaching for the lightsaber, there's the energy going....and then the thing blows and they're both thrown backwards. When Kylo wakes up, Rey and the lightsaber (pieces) are both gone. Unless he caught what was happening in that split second, there's no reason to expect him to know that the lightsaber is broken. And if it's not broken, and Luke just happens to show up with that saber (vs. say, The Green), which obviously he would have gotten from Rey...it explains Kylo's rage a bit more.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:54 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I saw TLJ for a 4th time today. One of the things that I looked for on this viewing was whether Kylo was actually aware that the Skywalker saber had split in two when he and Rey are blown apart and knocked unconscious. I think it's entirely possible that Kylo didn't know that the lightsaber broke--he'd only have a split second to realize that. In fact, I'm guessing that he thought that Rey got Luke to come back and gave him that lightsaber when they met up on Crait or on the Falcon or wherever.

I zeroed in on this because it hadn't sat right with me that as unhinged as he was, Kylo didn't seem to be shocked by seeing Luke with the Skywalker lightsaber at the end.

What actually happens is they're both reaching for the lightsaber, there's the energy going....and then the thing blows and they're both thrown backwards. When Kylo wakes up, Rey and the lightsaber (pieces) are both gone. Unless he caught what was happening in that split second, there's no reason to expect him to know that the lightsaber is broken. And if it's not broken, and Luke just happens to show up with that saber (vs. say, The Green), which obviously he would have gotten from Rey...it explains Kylo's rage a bit more.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah maybe! this sounds good to me! Anything that can help explain Kylo's tantrum is fine by me! Smile

Once he realised Luke was a force projection he would know she hadn't given Luke the lightsaber after all I guess.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 23 Jan 2018, 3:30 am

As luck would have it, Amazon just recommended me a book that's a must-read for Kylo:

The Renperor thread - Page 10 51MaSMmJmlL
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Tue 23 Jan 2018, 3:43 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:As luck would have it, Amazon just recommended me a book that's a must-read for Kylo:

@Darth Dingbat

He's already writing down notes in calligraphy form.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 23 Jan 2018, 6:06 am

thescavenger wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:As luck would have it, Amazon just recommended me a book that's a must-read for Kylo:

@Darth Dingbat

He's already writing down notes in calligraphy form.
@thescavenger

I’m still trying to wake up, and this is one of the first things I’ve read.  lol! lol!

The rest of the day had better not disappoint!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 23 Jan 2018, 6:10 am

@Darth Dingbat

Someone should do a fanart with Kylo reading this *_*
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down