Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

+56
Kessel
whisperingwillow
Moonlight13
stylememaria
ladyMxx
justyou
Reylo-AF
ReyloLoverT
Jan789
Geralt_Riv
DeeBee
LadyGaufrette
melismatic
MaddieDove
ISeeAnIsland
followmylead-kylodriver
roguepixie
Sad Man
AhsokaTano
mscarlak
YeeRees
nana7marie
Night Huntress
Froggy
Ramblingrose
Mila95
hpbarros
highleycreative
PrincessPorg
Darth Snoopy
FrolickingFizzgig
MyOnlyHope
RealAnise
Saralee
Asphodel
Dar-ren19
12 Parsnips
Caty Cifer
giaciak2
GreyRey
orangedelamer
Let The Past Die
snufkin
nickandnora
Good-olio Raeh
Darth_Awakened
Lamiller1390
SheLitAFire
Alhana77
Birdwoman
reylo1992
Chained Prometheus
Darth Rowan
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
Teo oswald
60 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:00 pm

PrincessPorg wrote:Hi Everyone!  I've been lurking as a non-member since the release of TLJ but decided to join the community. I'll probably lurk most days. Became a Reylo fan after TLJ but have been a Star Wars fan since the special editions were released. Waves
@PrincessPorg

Hello and welcome!!

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 4 Tumblr_neubojjaN31rdh9azo1_1280
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:01 pm

Darth Snoopy wrote:Hello everyone,
I'm a new former lurker here. I'm a youngling majoring in Genetics, Zoology and Reylo-ology. Glad to be an official member, but work will probably keep me to my natural born lurker status on most days. I hope I haven't blundered and used the forum/reply tool incorrectly Embarassed
@Darth Snoopy
Genetics and Zoology. That's awesome! Definitely write a post about that in one of the members threads because I would love to hear more. Smile

Welcome!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by highleycreative Fri 09 Feb 2018, 7:27 am

Hey all, I am a mum of three beautiful children under five. My husband and I are undercover geeks. Introverted and romantic we found each other Smile. I get quite caught up in things "hello Reylo obsession" and I love reading all the different metas. I am always astounded by how talented people are in this community, so many artists, writers, analytical types, editors and generally awesome fans. Not sure when this Reylo obsession will die down but right now it's as hot and firey as Kylo Ren's light sabre. It's also awakened my passion for writing so hoping to create some fan fics at some point too. Thanks for welcoming me Reylo sisters and brothers.
highleycreative
highleycreative
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://wayofthepathfinder.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 09 Feb 2018, 9:48 am

@highleycreative

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 4 Tenor

Welcome! So excited to have you with us! Your profile pic is gorgeous!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Fri 09 Feb 2018, 4:36 pm

highleycreative wrote:Hey all, I am a mum of three beautiful children under five. My husband and I are undercover geeks. Introverted and romantic we found each other Smile. I get quite caught up in things "hello Reylo obsession" and I love reading all the different metas. I am always astounded by how talented people are in this community, so many artists, writers, analytical types, editors and generally awesome fans. Not sure when this Reylo obsession will die down but right now it's as hot and firey as Kylo Ren's light sabre. It's also awakened my passion for writing so hoping to create some fan fics at some point too. Thanks for welcoming me Reylo sisters and brothers.
@highleycreative

Welcome H-beating Waves
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Good-olio Raeh Fri 09 Feb 2018, 5:20 pm

Hellow and welcome! <3
Good-olio Raeh
Good-olio Raeh
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Asphodel Sun 11 Feb 2018, 2:39 pm

Welcome welcome ! Love
Asphodel
Asphodel
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12795373/1/Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post by highleycreative Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:02 am

Thanks so much everyone - *mwah*
highleycreative
highleycreative
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://wayofthepathfinder.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hpbarros Sat 17 Feb 2018, 9:08 pm

Hello, I'm a brazilian girl who is really interested in the reylo subject, I am quite happy that I found this forum because I was feeling quite lonely in my crazy reylo obsession...
I'm a youngling majoring in Psychology and reylo - perhaps..?
Nowadays I am looking for a fanfic that I had started and when I came back from Christmas vacations, I just could not find it anymore. Is there a place where I can post so people could help me to locate it?
Thank you

hpbarros
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 17 Feb 2018, 10:12 pm

hpbarros wrote:Hello, I'm a brazilian girl who is really interested in the reylo subject, I am quite happy that I found this forum because I was feeling quite lonely in my crazy reylo obsession...
Nowadays I am looking for a fanfic that I had started and when I came back from Christmas vacations, I just could not find it anymore. Is there a place where I can post so people could help me to locate it?
Thank you
@hpbarros

Welcome! More psych Reylos! sunny

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 4 Giphy

Re: a place to discuss fanfics, you can find threads by using the search function at the top right corner of the page:
Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 4 Screen84

I will send you some direct links though. If you have any questions about how stuff works you can ask any of the mods by PM or post in the User Manual section. ^^
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 18 Feb 2018, 3:52 am

hpbarros wrote:Hello, I'm a brazilian girl who is really interested in the reylo subject, I am quite happy that I found this forum because I was feeling quite lonely in my crazy reylo obsession...
Thank you
@hpbarros

Welcome! Waves
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Tue 27 Feb 2018, 10:47 am

Hi everyone,I'm 23,a psychology major and I'm pretty new to the SW fandom.I've always liked the OT but I only became more invested after seeing TLJ and really became a reylo fan.Which was a total suprise to me because I went in still upset that Kylo killed my OT fave and thinking there's no way they can make me like him lol
Looking forward to talking with everyone Smile

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 27 Feb 2018, 2:06 pm

Mila95 wrote:Hi everyone,I'm 23,a psychology major and I'm pretty new to the SW fandom.I've always liked the OT but I only became more invested after seeing TLJ and really became a reylo fan.Which was a total suprise to me because I went in still upset that Kylo killed my OT fave and thinking there's no way they can make me like him lol
@Mila95

Welcome Waves
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 27 Feb 2018, 2:23 pm

Mila95 wrote:Hi everyone,I'm 23,a psychology major and I'm pretty new to the SW fandom.I've always liked the OT but I only became more invested after seeing TLJ and really became a reylo fan.Which was a total suprise to me because I went in still upset that Kylo killed my OT fave and thinking there's no way they can make me like him lol
@Mila95

Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction) - Page 4 Giphy

Welcome! Smile
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingrose Wed 28 Feb 2018, 3:42 am

Hi, I can not say I was really interested in the whole SW fandom before.

But now I am a total fan after TFA. And even more after TLJ. TLJ is by far the best SW Movie. I don't have any places to read about or discuss it in Norwegian. I wrote two long posts on a Norwegian forum as a reply to "What was the movies about, I don't get it?" but I didn't get much response. It is one of Norways most used forums. Clearly not many SW fans in the TV and films section.

So I found this forum after reading all Ohtze meta and some stories on Archive of our own. I am used to read English, many books are not translated to Norwegian. It is a small market, I suppose. I actually prefer fantasy books in English. I read too fast. I was a lonely child with a lot of baggage from a dysfunctional family. I  would sit in and read all the time, this was before internet was in common use, so that tells my age, yes?

My daughter is 12 y old and loves the original movies. She struggles with anxiety, she is introvert and is not feeling comfortable in a movie theater. But she went with the rest of the family to see TLJ. She has not been in a movie theatre in 2 years before she saw TFA on Netflix and then she was like: When can we go to the cinema and see the next one? i want a blue lightsaber!

Favorite aspect? Must be Adam Drivers role. The emotions. The conflicted Kylo Ren.

This quote could be about me:  Very Happy

“I was dropping my wife off outside our building and I saw this mom holding a lightsaber—like, my lightsaber—and scarily accurate. Like, life-size. And she was handling it like she’s handled it a million times. She was juggling four kids who were all running in different directions, and she had three different bags and this lightsaber. Suddenly, the things that are great about this job came into full focus.”

—  Adam Driver

Only with two kids, but still....

Last edited by Ramblingrose on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting spelling error)
Ramblingrose
Ramblingrose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Wed 28 Feb 2018, 4:38 am

Welcome @Ramblingrose what a lovely introduction. I'm a recent new member, and everyone has been lovely. There are many members from all over the world. Looking forward to seeing more comments from you. Waves
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 28 Feb 2018, 7:52 am

Ramblingrose wrote:Hi, I can not say I was really interested in the whole SW fandom before.

But now I am a total fan after TFA. And even more after TLJ. TLJ is by far the best SW Movie. I don't have any places to read about or discuss it in Norwegian. I wrote two long posts on a Norwegian forum as a reply to "What was the movies about, I don't get it?" but I didn't get much response. It is one of Norways most used forums. Clearly not many SW fans in the TV and films section.

So I found this forum after reading all Ohtze meta and some stories on Archive of our own. I am used to read English, many books are not translated to Norwegian. It is a small market, I suppose. I actually prefer fantasy books in English. I read too fast. I was a lonely child with a lot of baggage from a dysfunctional family. I  would sit in and read all the time, this was before internet was in common use, so that tells my age, yes?

My daughter is 12 y old and loves the original movies. She struggles with anxiety, she is introvert and is not feeling comfortable in a movie theater. But she went with the rest of the family to see TLJ. She has not been in a movie theatre in 2 years before she saw TFA on Netflix and then she was like: When can we go to the cinema and see the next one? i want a blue lightsaber!

Favorite aspect? Must be Adam Drivers role. The emotions. The conflicted Kylo Ren.

This quote could be about me:  Very Happy

“I was dropping my wife off outside our building and I saw this mom holding a lightsaber—like, my lightsaber—and scarily accurate. Like, life-size. And she was handling it like she’s handled it a million times. She was juggling four kids who were all running in different directions, and she had three different bags and this lightsaber. Suddenly, the things that are great about this job came into full focus.”

—  Adam Driver

Only with two kids, but still....
@Ramblingrose

Welcome! cheers
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Wed 28 Feb 2018, 8:20 am

Hello to all the new Reylo. You are Welcome!
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggy Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:25 pm

Hey Reylo shippers !
As many of you, I've been lurking for a while before finally registering. I'm 30 and I live in France (so you won't be afraid if you see me posting at what must be the middle of the night for you Razz and also...sorry for my English Embarassed ).
I was a child when I first watched Star Wars (I only wanted to see Jabba because he looked scary and disgusting...so I didn't pay much attention to the plot) but I was too young so I didn't really like the trilogy. I rediscovered Star Wars later when the second trilogy was released and I absolutely loved it ! And here we are with TFA and TLJ...
I immediately shipped Rey and Kylo, I didn't really know what to expect : on one hand there was this tension between them and this must have been for a reason but on the other hand there was Finn... So I tried to forget about these two but than I saw TLJ ! Wow ! I wasn't expecting that ! I'm completely crazy again and now I'm sure there will be some romance (I just hope Kylo won't die at the end just like Dark Vader). I'm so glad there are other Reylo shippers just like me and I'm so thankful this forum exists.
Froggy
Froggy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:44 pm

@Froggy
Hello and welcome! Waves

We have members from almost everywhere- and different timezones. I live actually in your neighborhood Styled
I'm glad you joined us...

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggy Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:51 pm

Oh great cheers
Froggy
Froggy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:41 pm

Froggy wrote:Hey Reylo shippers !
As many of you, I've been lurking for a while before finally registering. I'm 30 and I live in France (so you won't be afraid if you see me posting at what must be the middle of the night for you Razz and also...sorry for my English Embarassed ).
I was a child when I first watched Star Wars (I only wanted to see Jabba because he looked scary and disgusting...so I didn't pay much attention to the plot) but I was too young so I didn't really like the trilogy. I rediscovered Star Wars later when the second trilogy was released and I absolutely loved it ! And here we are with TFA and TLJ...
I immediately shipped Rey and Kylo, I didn't really know what to expect : on one hand there was this tension between them and this must have been for a reason but on the other hand there was Finn... So I tried to forget about these two but than I saw TLJ ! Wow ! I wasn't expecting that ! I'm completely crazy again and now I'm sure there will be some romance (I just hope Kylo won't die at the end just like Dark Vader). I'm so glad there are other Reylo shippers just like me and I'm so thankful this forum exists.
@Froggy

Hello and welcome cheers
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:46 pm

Hello fellow Reylos:)

I’ve finally found some time to post my first message here - I registered a month ago, have been reading this forum since TLJ release, but have also been very busy until I found out about TLJ novelisation leaks and just couldn’t focus on my duties anymore lol! I read all the leaks without even thinking if I want to know them at all and the resulting excitement motivated me to join the discussion.

I’ve never been a SW fan - I didn’t dislike it, I just wasn’t crazy about it, apart from some time around the release of TPM, which I watched as an 11-year-old with my classmates during a school outing to the cinema and I loved it as a kid Very Happy My friend then introduced me to all OT episodes and I liked them, but by the time AotC was out, I’ve already been in love with my one and only LotR trilogy - I’ve always preferred fantasy to si-fi aesthetics. My brother was still crazy about SW, though, so I got a glimpse of AotC and discovered I hated it - the dialogues, the acting, the visuals, the humour, everything. And so I became a ‘I appreciate the OT, but despise the prequels’ type of person. I haven’t even seen RotS until recently (and RO, and TFA for that matter Razz ).

I was with my brother in the cinema when they played TFA trailer and I remember I told him that even I got excited about this movie - I just feared some repetition in the form of Vader 2.0 when I saw/heard Kylo Ren for the first time (I couldn’t be more wrong Very Happy ). Yet I still didn’t see it when it first came out, but my brother did and he was crazy about it - he only disliked its similarities to ANH, but kind of understood the purpose. I think he even told me that our expectations of the black boy being a force-sensitive protagonist were wrong and it was in fact the girl, but I forgot about it and remembered only when I re-discovered the same truth while watching TFA  Razz . Ahead of TLJ release I learned that all cinemas in my town would screen TFA again, mostly in the form of a mini marathon of both TFA and TLJ immediately after. I decided it was time to catch up and also to refresh my memory and watch all prequels and OT episodes beforehand to have a clear background. I went through all of them, realised my sentiment towards TFM, re-discovered my dislike for AotC and understood why so many people seem to consider RotS the best of the PT. I finished watching the OT a day or so before TFA & TLJ screening and after I came out of the cinema I knew I like this trilogy the most even though I appreciate the classics.

I really enjoyed TFA despite its resemblance to ANH and the fact I had come across the most important spoiler - Han’s death. As I said, I kind of forgot the girl was the protagonist, so it was a surprise/no surprise for me. I found the story interesting and fun even though slightly repetitive - the main hero comes from a desert planet, the droid carries important information, there’s a second Death Star - just bigger, there’s an emperor figure again - just bigger and so on. It was refreshing at the same time, though, because I found the characters written better and acting definitely more compelling. The humour was just right, the cinematography beautiful and I even found the music memorable (and I’m not very fond of John Williams but appreciate his work). TLJ was shocking to me and I think I still have a love-hate relationship with it, but I liked it overall and just couldn’t make my mind if I preferred TFA or TLJ (and I still can’t decide Razz ). I found there’s too much humour (though I did laugh each time), that Finn’s plot wasn’t good enough for him (and I really liked his character in TFA), that resistance plot was boring, Rose character unnecessary, Leia’s space flight cringey, Rey not as convincing as in TFA and don’t even get me started about Luke lol! However, Hamill never acted better, Driver stole the whole movie (he was great in TFA already, but in TLJ blew my mind), Rey/Kylo Ren/Luke dynamic was fantastic and I liked Holdo’s character and Snoke being killed off. After a lot of consideration, some talking with my brother (who’s mesmerised by TLJ) and a second viewing, I realised I actually like some aspects of Luke’s arc in this film and came to terms with the rest, that Rose is actually quite likeable and I can live with Leia’s thing and humour in the movie. I’m still not convinced by Rey, though, and think Finn’s got sidelined and resistance not engaging.

What I like most of the ST so far, though, is obviously Reylo Very Happy . In TFA, up until Rey and Kylo Ren first meet, I thought they could be setting up Finn and Rey as he seemed to be attracted to her and even though she seemed to not care about this at all, there’re still two movies ahead so anything could happen. I never considered Rey a Solo, especially once it was established that Kylo Ren is one - I thought it was sufficient to have just one but also there’s nothing in Han’s interactions with Rey to indicate they’re related. It did cross my mind, though, that maybe they wanted to create some story on how she’s a Skywalker due to the sabre calling to her. I was open to all ideas as I wasn’t a fan and wasn’t invested in any theorising. But when she met Kylo Ren and he carried her in her arms, I was puzzled and during the interrogation scene, I couldn’t help but sense some sexual vibe coming from it - there’s nothing sexual about extracting information from Rey’s mind and I didn’t find it rapey, it’s the way it’s shot and acted out that was sexual for me. We had about 15 minutes break between TFA and TLJ and I remember telling my friend that I’d be able to tell if Rey’s a Skywalker from the very first lines she’d share with Luke and that there’s something strange about her and Kylo Ren. Obviously, after Rey’s first interaction I knew she wasn’t Luke’s daughter and then everything just got more weird with the first force bond, but during the second one, when Kylo Ren was shot slowly approaching Rey just before he replied to her ‘You are a monster’ line, it hit me and my interest in the series grew rapidly lol! I started reading comments, watching videos and came across the term ‘reylo’ - and so I found this forum Smile

And now I see I’ve written a novella on ‘My SW reylo story’, forgive me guys!
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Thu 01 Mar 2018, 6:03 pm

@nana7marie welcome! Waves
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Fri 02 Mar 2018, 1:12 pm

Hello everybody Waves

I got into Star Wars when I was younger after seeing the special editions and the prequels. I had quite a collection of toys including Queen Amidala’s Naboo spaceship, which I wish I still had! After The Revenge of The Sith, I saw all the films occasionally if they were on TV or something but I didn’t really start to get interested in Star Wars again until I saw The Force Awakens. I liked all the characters but especially Kylo and Rey. I noticed “something” between them with the way he carried her off from the forest and when he took his mask off for her. I wasn’t really sure anything would happen romantically until I started seeing the Reylo fan art on tumblr and reading fanfiction from Perry Downing and such. I do occasionally see some of the fandom drama on tumblr but I keep out of it. Some of the other Star Wars forums can be a bit closed minded when it comes to Rey and Kylo so I’m glad to have found this place. Thanks for letting me join your club! Smile

BTW, I chose the name Yee Rees because I had a strange fascination for the character Ree-Yees when I was a kid and always got the name the wrong way round. My dad still teases me about it, lol!
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next