Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Teo oswald
Man Without A Star
Apriljandy
rey09
TheLastJedi
special_cases
MrsWindu
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
Riri
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
tukicarreno
EchoBase
AceofWands
justyou
Lovely_Rose
fuhry
Chris24601
giaciak2
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
motherofpearl1
Saracene
Mila95
rawpowah
roguepixie
MaddieDove
krissy01
LadyGaufrette
ISeeAnIsland
SanghaRen
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
SkyStar
olyer
Geralt_Riv
Maria26
4forYouRey-lolo
Forsythia
RosiePancake
Tex
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
Armadeus
bashfulblueeyes3
pacificwanderer
loversinthestorm
whisperingwillow
Atenais
KiraRen2015
Darth Rowan
Birdwoman
kroi
SheLitAFire
PrincessPorg
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
Cowgirlsamurai
cherrylipstick
Piper Maru
nana7marie
Moonlight13
vaderito
Lily Snape
Marlow
snufkin
75 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 30 Aug 2018, 5:27 am

"a younger Charlize Theron" and "open to any ethnicity",
isn't this a little contradictory ?

Still casting people when you have already began to film, that would really stress me out if I was working with them. Shocked
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl Thu 30 Aug 2018, 9:58 am

I also think all these recent announements are small roles. They weren't deemed important enough to be cast at the beginning of filming or included in the announced cast list. "Solid comedic timing" sounds a whole lot like a small supporting comedic role.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 30 Aug 2018, 10:04 am

californiagirl wrote:I also think all these recent announements are small roles. They weren't deemed important enough to be cast at the beginning of filming or included in the announced cast list. "Solid comedic timing" sounds a whole lot like a small supporting comedic role.
@californiagirl

A droid maybe? They often have comic quote.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 30 Aug 2018, 12:31 pm

I was looking up something about Timothy Zahn and ran across this recent interview, which seems to have slipped under everyone's radar:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/25/17597478/star-wars-timothy-zahn-thrawn-alliances-book-comic-con-sdcc-2018

You have the planet Batuu as a central location, and it’s the basis for the upcoming Star Wars Land, Galaxy’s Edge. How did that figure into this book? What materials were you able to draw on?

They gave me some of the sketches and descriptions of what Galaxy’s Edge will be like. But I’m not writing in the same era that that’s set. Galaxy’s Edge is set in the sequel era, with Rey and the First Order. I’m quite a bit before that, so while I can keep the basics of how the town is structured, because towns often don’t change that much physically, the people there won’t necessarily translate from the book to the park. But it gives a little introduction, and a little flavor of what it’s going to be like.

So, while some of us have long expected it, this basically sounds like confirmation that Batuu will be appearing in Episode IX.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 30 Aug 2018, 12:34 pm

Interesting! Now I want to go look at sketches of Star Wars Land. LOL

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 30 Aug 2018, 12:34 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

WOW- I'm not sure he supposed to reveal that...thanks for posting that!!! Jumping
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 30 Aug 2018, 12:53 pm

Rey and the FO huh? Very Happy
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 30 Aug 2018, 1:06 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I was looking up something about Timothy Zahn and ran across this recent interview, which seems to have slipped under everyone's radar:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/25/17597478/star-wars-timothy-zahn-thrawn-alliances-book-comic-con-sdcc-2018

You have the planet Batuu as a central location, and it’s the basis for the upcoming Star Wars Land, Galaxy’s Edge. How did that figure into this book? What materials were you able to draw on?

They gave me some of the sketches and descriptions of what Galaxy’s Edge will be like. But I’m not writing in the same era that that’s set. Galaxy’s Edge is set in the sequel era, with Rey and the First Order. I’m quite a bit before that, so while I can keep the basics of how the town is structured, because towns often don’t change that much physically, the people there won’t necessarily translate from the book to the park. But it gives a little introduction, and a little flavor of what it’s going to be like.

So, while some of us have long expected it, this basically sounds like confirmation that Batuu will be appearing in Episode IX.
@ISeeAnIsland

Well, I still want to be cautious. We already knew it was during the sequel era. And Rey name dropping could be just because she represents the sequel era and it is more recognizable by GA.
On anothe subject, Istanbul and Morocco inspired the architecture, culture, and weather of Baatu. So yes, there must be palmtrees I think. Very Happy

1) April 2017; “There will be a presence of the Resistance and the First Order,”
2) April 2017;the panelists made it clear that the land would be set in what can be considered the “modern day” of the Star Wars franchise: the current trilogy, where the Resistance and the First Order are battling it out across the galaxy.
3) April 2017; Istanbul and Morocco were also inspirations, and the team actually went there to study the locales

1) https://variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-land-disney-theme-parks-everything-we-know-1202031490/
2) https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/15/15314128/star-wars-land-behind-the-scenes-2017-celebration
3) https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-land-millennium-falcon-ride-has-surprisingly-high-stakes-994362

But to keep faith:
"Our intent is to make it feel as if you just walked into one of the movies", Scott Trowbridge, Walt Disney Imagineering executive
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 30 Aug 2018, 1:12 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I was looking up something about Timothy Zahn and ran across this recent interview, which seems to have slipped under everyone's radar:

@ISeeAnIsland

I never doubted! lol Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is quite the investment; moreover, it was mentioned by L3 in Solo, so I suspected prior, yet when L3 mentioned it, that was a form of confirmation for me it will be in IX. If not, well, it will surprise me, considering Disney loves synergy. Looks good, however! Very Happy

As an aside, I tweeted Michael Siglain of LF Publishing "I admit hoping that a book parallel to "Disney Pirates: The Definitive Collector’s Anthology" by Disney Press is in the works to coincide with the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. (If so, I'm sure you can't confirm or deny, yet I am hoping! Very Happy)" It will tie the films together with the new attraction. Not too much with IX obviously, yet a bit of a tease (who knows, the Art of IX book, or another book may satisfy that angle). He didn't reply to me, which might be a form of confirmation OR he thought it was a really stupid tweet. Regardless, I am hoping for such a book. Razz
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 30 Aug 2018, 1:57 pm

There have been a few references to avoiding the First Order in the talk about Galaxy's Edge, but Zahn's quote was the first that I saw that sets it precisely in the era of the ST (as opposed to, say, the pre-TFA era of the Resistance cartoon). I mean, it makes the most sense if Galaxy's Edge appears in IX, but this is the most concrete confirmation of that that I've seen.

And yes, Zahn could have just been throwing ST names/references out there with "Rey and the First Order".... but I thought that was an interesting combination of names to throw out, as opposed to "the Resistance and the First Order" or "Rey and Finn" or "Rey and Kylo Ren" or whatever. So I'm going to choose to be cautiously optimistic here. Wink
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:08 pm

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:17 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:There have been a few references to avoiding the First Order in the talk about Galaxy's Edge, but Zahn's quote was the first that I saw that sets it precisely in the era of the ST (as opposed to, say, the pre-TFA era of the Resistance cartoon). I mean, it makes the most sense if Galaxy's Edge appears in IX, but this is the most concrete confirmation of that that I've seen.

And yes, Zahn could have just been throwing ST names/references out there with "Rey and the First Order".... but I thought that was an interesting combination of names to throw out, as opposed to "the Resistance and the First Order" or "Rey and Finn" or "Rey and Kylo Ren" or whatever. So I'm going to choose to be cautiously optimistic here. Wink
@ISeeAnIsland

Wink Oooh...(admit - woosh over my head lol), yet this hints at (the Rey and the First Order) Bendemption and Rey vs Hux in many ways. Smile Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:17 pm

The thing with Batuu is that it's going to be the eventual setting for that part of Disneyland and we know that they've started having meet and greets with Rey where she talks about how there can be hope for anybody to eventually come back to the Light. Eventually that character (and likely Kylo) will get moved over to that setting for the park's opening. And here in California, where the 6 or so week run up to Halloween, Disney does an ad campaign about the "Season of Villains," yet again he's AWOL for the line up they're showing.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:34 pm

snufkin wrote:The thing with Batuu is that it's going to be the eventual setting for that part of Disneyland and we know that they've started having meet and greets with Rey where she talks about how there can be hope for anybody to eventually come back to the Light. Eventually that character (and likely Kylo) will get moved over to that setting for the park's opening. And here in California, where the 6 or so week run up to Halloween, Disney does an ad campaign about the "Season of Villains," yet again he's AWOL for the line up they're showing.
@snufkin

He was in Season of Villains 2015 correct? (Lead up to TFA), but not subsequent years??? So cool! Smile

Curious about such advertising this year and next with Disneyland and ST characters (especially Rey & Kylo/Ben). I know they were very blunt about the Rey character talking about his redemption/potential for change, as you mentioned.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 30 Aug 2018, 2:53 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
snufkin wrote:The thing with Batuu is that it's going to be the eventual setting for that part of Disneyland and we know that they've started having meet and greets with Rey where she talks about how there can be hope for anybody to eventually come back to the Light. Eventually that character (and likely Kylo) will get moved over to that setting for the park's opening. And here in California, where the 6 or so week run up to Halloween, Disney does an ad campaign about the "Season of Villains," yet again he's AWOL for the line up they're showing.
@snufkin

He was in Season of Villains 2015 correct? (Lead up to TFA), but not subsequent years??? So cool! Smile

Curious about such advertising this year and next with Disneyland and ST characters (especially Rey & Kylo/Ben). I know they were very blunt about the Rey character talking about his redemption/potential for change, as you mentioned.
@SW_Heroine_Journey

There was also Disney's campaign from a little while back that was something to the effect of "Can you lead Kylo Ren back to the light?"

Throw in how flirty the park Kylos are reported to be with age-appropriate female guests, and the parks aren't subtle about their perception of Kylo.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:09 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@snufkin

@SW_Heroine_Journey

There was also Disney's campaign from a little while back that was something to the effect of "Can you lead Kylo Ren back to the light?"

Throw in how flirty the park Kylos are reported to be with age-appropriate female guests, and the parks aren't subtle about their perception of Kylo.
@ISeeAnIsland

OMG! I love this/knowing this - the Kylo Ren character is flirty with age-appropriate female guests?!!! Squee! They/Disney is definitely feeding into the sensuality of the character, and by extension Adam Driver. He is a very talented actor, yet I agree with those that indicate he was selected for the role because sensuality emanates from his pores, yet it is not sleazy. It's intelligent sexy. Very Happy

"Can you lead Kylo Ren back to the light?" is no longer occurring? Perhaps that is an indication my guess will be correct - they will be obvious about Bendemption in the marketing for IX (I think the mystery will be if he lives or dies, and if Reylo is happily every after).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:43 am

After all those casting announcements, I thought a little summary would be good.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 DlttlSdX4AA7_GP

We can all agree, this movie is going to get crowded. Laughing

https://twitter.com/StarWarsActuFR/status/1034541037031710720?s=19
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:49 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:After all those casting announcements, I thought a little summary would be good.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 DlttlSdX4AA7_GP

We can all agree, this movie is going to get crowded. Laughing

https://twitter.com/StarWarsActuFR/status/1034541037031710720?s=19
@LadyGaufrette

I know right? But hopefully JJ will focused on Reylo and the leads as it should be. Most likely the recent new members of the cast would have minor parts..
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:56 am

@tukicarreno
As others have said, if there are 2 plots instead of 3 like in TLJ, it should be fine.
It's mainly the promotional interviews which are going to be crowded.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Fri 31 Aug 2018, 8:00 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:@tukicarreno
As others have said, if there are 2 plots instead of 3 like in TLJ, it should be fine.
@LadyGaufrette

Yeah, I can imagine. Sigh. I just hope that for once, they pair Adam & Daisy for press junkets. It's about time now, they've never done promotion together which is so weird to me.. At this point JJ should market them without any secrecy...
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 31 Aug 2018, 8:06 am

tukicarreno wrote:
@LadyGaufrette

Yeah, I can imagine. Sigh. I just hope that for once, they pair Adam & Daisy for press junkets. It's about time now, they've never done promotion together which is so weird to me.. At this point JJ should market them without any secrecy...
@tukicarreno

Without being all romantic, he should at least promote them as opponents. They could even banter by impersonating their characters.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Fri 31 Aug 2018, 8:48 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:
@LadyGaufrette

@tukicarreno

Without being all romantic, he should at least promote them as opponents. They could even banter by impersonating their characters.
@LadyGaufrette

STILL WAITING FOR MY REYLO PHOTOSHOOT
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 31 Aug 2018, 9:08 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
LadyGaufrette wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:
@LadyGaufrette

@tukicarreno

@LadyGaufrette

STILL WAITING FOR MY REYLO PHOTOSHOOT
@Maria Antonietta

Sorry I can only give you this. Laughing

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 DRWus0yWsAQ5H_i
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F01%2Fadam-driver1
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 31 Aug 2018, 11:20 am

Just saw this on twitter- don't know the source but apparently Domnhall said that in an interview?  scratch

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 21 Bildsc15
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Fri 31 Aug 2018, 12:01 pm

Can't see....
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next