Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+78
AceofWands
Oscarborough-fairo
GiGiMarie
SkyStar
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
tippytoo
Maria26
Moonjump05
Moonlight13
Lily Snape
BigDeal2187
cherrylipstick
fuhry
Nyx
unicorn
SheLitAFire
spacebaby45678
Mila95
ImperialReylo713
Night Huntress
DeeBee
Forsythia
loversinthestorm
Casper
Atenais
SoloSideCousin
ladyMxx
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
lauvamp
Dar-ren19
Lovely_Rose
justyou
Mila Lazarus
12 Parsnips
bashfulblueeyes3
YeeRees
Acritiqua
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
tukicarreno
BB-Rey
roguepixie
Geralt_Riv
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Darth Rowan
AhsokaTano
MindAndMagic
Teo oswald
Starliteprism
rey09
EchoBase
MrsWindu
PalmettoBlue
LadyGaufrette
Saracene
vaderito
ZioRen
olyer
giaciak2
Kylo Rey
nemapasara
Chris24601
rawpowah
kroi
SanghaRen
Riri
MaddieDove
thescavenger
whisperingwillow
special_cases
Cowgirlsamurai
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
Man Without A Star
Kessel
82 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by snufkin Sat 20 Apr 2019, 11:52 am

LOL that's the same writer who put something out two years ago in ScreenRant about how the ST "shouldn't go there" and keep Rey as far away as possible from Kyle Ron because it would undermine her. Can't wait for the Mary Sue et all in December to start churning out clickbait and hot takes about how JJ ruined Rey and how it's because Carrie wasn't around to stop him (nevermind a heroine-villain romance was one of Carrie's ideas for the OT).

In terms of the "rules" of Star Wars, as somebody whose childhood was the OT, that's been its biggest problem since then. Deep dive in to extensive lore and worldbuilding drove away a lot of fans who care more about inspiration/flights of fancy (the Force works best as a concept when it's nebulous enough to let your imagination fill in the details) than being made to feel like it's a RPG game where you have to follow the rules.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:07 pm

special_cases wrote:

To be frank, if we won't get any big ( in art, photoshoots, trailer moneyshots, legit leaks) hints on romantic\positive undertones between Rey and Kylo before November and will get more such articles and attitude - it will mean that they are trying to apologize to us and explaining that current climate made it impossible to create full Reylo.

But who seriously doubt that there won't be any Reylo in Tros? Even people who are celebrating Daisy interview know that there is really no literal way to not acknowledge that Kylo liked and wanted Rey very much. It's impossible. These people just rather die then say it aloud. There will be Reylo in next episode, one way or another, even if it is be unrequired love and compassion from Rey.
@special_cases

I'm so scared now that it will be the case. That they had an idea and an opportunity to create an epic love story for the ages, but that the ambiguity of the scenes in TFA and the historical conjuncture in years 2017/2018 (me too scrutiny, "strong female character" not needing romance stance) make them chicken out. That would really mean that the antis have won, by making noise and protesting. That the ST will remain the trilogy without a kiss other than Rose's peck on Finn's lips (while there was so much kissing in Solo). That we will have a hope, as KK points out (a hope that the future could bring something), but not the happy end. I would hate an unrequited love as a final outcome of the trilogy. It hurts, it's hopeless, it's sad.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:12 pm

special_cases wrote:@AceofWands I can agree with most of what you've said.

The context of my first comment was that this article can be commisioned by LucasFilm because it expands and in some ways clarify what Daisy have said (intentionally or unintentionally).

@special_cases

I don't know... I agree that the abusive angle needs to be acknowledged. If you just dismiss it, nobody will be able to agree with you. I personally understand why some people see abuse in that scene but I don't think it was the intention. At the same time, in the article, it wouldn't have hurt to have a fan explaining why she (cause we're all girls, right?) believes it's not the case.

It was also an article to promote an indie novel that apparently, according to reviews, "borrows" a lot from Star Wars. I doubt LF would be interested in promoting indie (or self-published) authors. The book is not even available on formats other than ebooks.

From the author's other books, she seems to write manchest "bad boy romance". It's a genre, yeah. I'm not going to say it's problematic, I think it's metaphorical and deals with our fears of relationship, etc. I know some authors who write in that genre and I respect them, but I don't like it. The author has a novel called "Dirty", which is book one of the series "Dirty Nasty Freaks"... I mean... I can't even start to imagine what the novel they're comparing to Reylo is like.

It was a genius way to promote a novel, though, I'll give the writer that.

Last edited by AceofWands on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:22 pm

@MaddieDove To be honest, I think Kennedy is Reylo and it was her idea. Just my opinion. Maybe JJ doesn't want it so much but Kennedy and Kasdan saw a potential here and additionally it was part of Lucas' plan. In this case I can see them thinking about changing something, like completely open ending.

But we can't know this. I can't imagine LucasFilm changing basically story's goal for better WO or even bigger BO. That's not how they usually did thigs. Still... sh*t happens.

@AceofWands If it really promotes a book, then I'm wrong, of course Sad Crying or Very sad
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:34 pm

snufkin wrote:Can't wait for the Mary Sue et all in December to start churning out clickbait and hot takes about how JJ ruined Rey and how it's because Carrie wasn't around to stop him (nevermind a heroine-villain romance was one of Carrie's ideas for the OT).

@snufkin

That's why LF needs to start shifting the narrative, or else the backlash will be tremendous. The haters are a minority, but they're loud and some of them are influential. C'mon,  a little more than 7 months is enough. I think the issue of Kylo as abusive needs to be dealt with before the movie comes out. Even with Bendemption only, it needs to be addressed.

special_cases wrote: To be honest, I think Kennedy is Reylo and it was her idea. Just my opinion. Maybe JJ doesn't want it so much but Kennedy and Kasdan saw a potential here and additionally it was part of Lucas' plan. In this case I can see them thinking about changing something, like completely open ending.

( Crying or Very sad
@special_cases

I think JJ is into Reylo. He talks about it with passion, like in the early 2013 interview where he says that the ST will have romance and it's very exciting, in his commentary saying that Kylo looks like a prince, etc.

The issue was the need to conceal it and make it a twist. I think they overdid it and underestimated what happens when an audience goes to the theatre with certain expectations.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Sat 20 Apr 2019, 1:25 pm

I think all the abuse nonsense is gaining traction because we're at the end road now, and Reylo is becoming undeniable to those who had convinced themselves that it wouldn't while the final film seemed so far away. It's interesting that early marketing is promoting friendship gang while there's silence on Kylo (we don't even know how his rule as Supreme Leader looks.) Reylo will be more promoted closer to December, I'd bet by the end of summer going into the fall. We'll see more footage (and probably leaks by then) that will likely support our ideas of the story.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Sat 20 Apr 2019, 1:32 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:I think all the abuse nonsense is gaining traction because we're at the end road now, and Reylo is becoming undeniable to those who had convinced themselves that it wouldn't while the final film seemed so far away. It's interesting that early marketing is promoting friendship gang while there's silence on Kylo (we don't even know how his rule as Supreme Leader looks.) Reylo will be more promoted closer to December, I'd bet by the end of summer going into the fall. We'll see more footage (and probably leaks by then) that will likely support our ideas of the story.
@Lovely_Rose

I hope you are right, all this negativity about Reylo after celebration makes me sad. We were all confident about the story going forward but ever since #Daisygate everything has gone downhill. I know we shouldn't take her interview so seriously plus she gave hope about redemption, but still I've seen so many Reylo fans giving up on the ship already because of her comment. Neutral Plus it gave ammunition to the haters.

So yeah, it's not the best moment for us right now. Funny how just one interview can change everything, here's hoping we get some positive news in the summer or at least some leak that gives Reylo fans some hope again...
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm Sat 20 Apr 2019, 1:41 pm

I remember around this time in tlj promo they were going for Rey and Luke are the beating heart of the movie

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 20 Apr 2019, 2:24 pm

ah ah I like that Smile

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 Tumblr_pq8otn9Nwx1sqy18z_540
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 20 Apr 2019, 2:32 pm

Keep in mind: the marketing for TLJ only acnowledged Kylo's existence and the importance of his relationship with Rey closer to the release of the movie. Before that it was radio silence and a bunch of Poe and Finn and "Luke and Rey are the beating heart." We ALL know how that turned out. Beautiful friendship gang is at the forefront of marketing now because it's easy. There's no controversy (read: excitement) and it's basically the sort of spoilers nobody cares all that much about unless they're being very performative about caring about it like a certain group of fans.

Whatever the real heart of this movie is, we'll start seeing it closer to the big day. Or, if they're trying to be as vague as possible with this big exciting final chapter, we won't see it at all. Which is not necessarily a bad omen considering the precedent. Everything regarding Kylo is seen as MAJOR SPOILER MAJOR SPOILER MAJOR SPOILER territory to Disney. I'm actually surprised we got as much of him as we did in that teaser.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sat 20 Apr 2019, 4:01 pm

Teo oswald wrote:hope is the last to die Smile

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_ppxbrcBZEE1rt7xin_540

From Celebration’s Rebels Remembered panel

tumblr-benperorsolo
@Teo oswald

Late to the party, but I am only catching up now on posts. I was in this panel and my ears straightened up like a loth cat’s ears when he said that. I think they were talking about Kallus, but then Dave Filoni said that an example of redemption arc that’s often forgotten in SW is Han Solo’s redemption arc, which is true.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 20 Apr 2019, 4:30 pm

The dilemma is that mutual Reylo is so completely dependent on Kylo’s redemption, and I don’t see them giving away the redemption prior to the release. TLJ took Reylo waaay further than I had ever anticipated after TFA, but it still made Rey’s feelings about Kylo ambiguous and open to interpretation. But it’s undeniable she got emotionally involved to some degree, otherwise why even describe it as “complicated”? What’s “complicated” about Rey who just completely cut Kylo off and doesn’t give a sith anymore? As annoying as it may be, I think that TRoS is going to keep up this ambiguity at least until Kylo’s turn, and I don’t see any overt romantic undertones coming up in marketing either.

I wouldn’t take all these articles to heart; the movie is done and dusted and nothing anyone writes is going to change what happens in it.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 20 Apr 2019, 4:59 pm

They got Mark to do a nice thing.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 Screen95
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Sat 20 Apr 2019, 5:12 pm

californiagirl wrote:

@MaddieDove @tukicarreno Why is it hopeless? People whined and screamed online but Rian never apologized for TLJ, and JJ has said multiple times the backlash didn't affect the movie, which he was already writing before TLJ. They don't even care if their own actors liked their roles, the filmmakers do what they're going to do.

@californiagirl

Just to clarify, I meant that the unrequited love is hopeless: when there is no hope that it will be returned, it's only pain that remains.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 20 Apr 2019, 9:01 pm

@MaddieDove Oh, okay, totally misinterpreted that. I think it's clear Rey is into Kylo, but then again, some of the audience doesn't think Kylo is into Rey! Which is sort of amazing in a not-good way.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Sat 20 Apr 2019, 9:49 pm

Saracene wrote: As annoying as it may be, I think that TRoS is going to keep up this ambiguity at least until Kylo’s turn, and I don’t see any overt romantic undertones coming up in marketing either.
@Saracene

I agree, it's just such a shame that we never got any romantic marketing between Adam & Daisy for Rey & Kylo. With their sizzling chemistry it would have been so special to see them both in magazine covers, photoshoots, videos, etc.. It really sucks to be honest. Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Sun 21 Apr 2019, 2:23 am

MaddieDove wrote:
special_cases wrote:@MaddieDove I think this article can be commissioned by LucasFilm (I can wrong be of course). I work in Outreach&Media and sometimes we order articles and posts about products and services if there was a controversy. But I don't khow it works in entertaiment with giants like Star Wars...

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-allure-of-reylo?__source=Blastr_Vayner_syfy_Twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=allureofreylo&utm_term=organic&utm_content=link_ad
@special_cases

Thanks for the article!

Yes, that seems as the article published with a goal to address the controversial topic and try to attenuate the controversy.
It is a kind of gentle validation of Reylos, still it seems that the primary audience of the article are non-Reylos.

It's undeniable that they don't make any effort at this point. Our actor doesn't participate in the publicity tour, the actress evades the questions, the pairing and (more importantly) its implications for the overall story could not be more ignored.

It is as if they are persuaded that we'll show up anyways. We will, but they'd better deliver.
@MaddieDove

We will show up for IX, sure, but if this doesn't happen, IX is not only never getting a rewatch in my house, SW itself will be summarily dropped from my screening times in the future. I don't take kindly to being conned, which is what it'll be.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Sun 21 Apr 2019, 3:34 am

Btw, I just wanted to add one thing to the discussion. Daisy -- in that infamous interview with Josh Horowitz -- did describe the relationship between Rey and Kylo as "essentially emotional."

She snuck that in there, yep. Have a rewatch if you missed it. Doesn't sound like a "reylo denial" or an unrequited case to me. Smile
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 21 Apr 2019, 4:09 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:Btw, I just wanted to add one thing to the discussion. Daisy -- in that infamous interview with Josh Horowitz -- did describe the relationship between Rey and Kylo as "essentially emotional."

She snuck that in there, yep. Have a rewatch if you missed it. Doesn't sound like a "reylo denial" or an unrequited case to me. Smile
@Dar-ren19

To play devil's advocate, she trailed off after "emotional..." like she was going to add another word. Antis have filled that gap in with "abuse." Because of course they have.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 21 Apr 2019, 10:15 am

wow

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 Tumblr_pq2zrcdJyX1vubvjb_400
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 21 Apr 2019, 12:14 pm

Hehe.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 Scree486
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 21 Apr 2019, 2:48 pm

californiagirl wrote:Hehe.

@californiagirl

What's that about? Did he add anything in the novelization that people interpreted as Damerey?
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 Sun 21 Apr 2019, 3:14 pm

Forsythia wrote:

@californiagirl

What's that about? Did he add anything in the novelization that people interpreted as Damerey?
@Forsythia No. If I remember correctly, that scene at the end with them wasn't even included. I'm guessing it's because it was in TFA novel and script, which was recycled for the TLJ film.

KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 21 Apr 2019, 4:35 pm

KiraRen2015 wrote:
Forsythia wrote:

@californiagirl

@Forsythia No. If I remember correctly, that scene at the end with them wasn't even included. I'm guessing it's because it was in TFA novel and script, which was recycled for the TLJ film.

@KiraRen2015

Yeah, he just brings up the TLJ novel at times, he's mentioned a few times that people read ReyPoe into something he didn't intend it to. He gets asked about it a lot.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 22 Apr 2019, 2:36 am

That is a good impression of Harrison Ford.

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next