Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+78
AceofWands
Oscarborough-fairo
GiGiMarie
SkyStar
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
tippytoo
Maria26
Moonjump05
Moonlight13
Lily Snape
BigDeal2187
cherrylipstick
fuhry
Nyx
unicorn
SheLitAFire
spacebaby45678
Mila95
ImperialReylo713
Night Huntress
DeeBee
Forsythia
loversinthestorm
Casper
Atenais
SoloSideCousin
ladyMxx
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
lauvamp
Dar-ren19
Lovely_Rose
justyou
Mila Lazarus
12 Parsnips
bashfulblueeyes3
YeeRees
Acritiqua
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
tukicarreno
BB-Rey
roguepixie
Geralt_Riv
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Darth Rowan
AhsokaTano
MindAndMagic
Teo oswald
Starliteprism
rey09
EchoBase
MrsWindu
PalmettoBlue
LadyGaufrette
Saracene
vaderito
ZioRen
olyer
giaciak2
Kylo Rey
nemapasara
Chris24601
rawpowah
kroi
SanghaRen
Riri
MaddieDove
thescavenger
whisperingwillow
special_cases
Cowgirlsamurai
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
Man Without A Star
Kessel
82 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 22 Apr 2019, 10:53 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Tumblr_pqdddy8KEy1y8hadgo1_540

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Tumblr15

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Tumblr16

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : triple posting)
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 23 Apr 2019, 10:48 am

Social media reactions for Avengers Endgame are in, and they're glowing. Hopefully the reactions to TROS are every bit as glowy too! I've already seen them being compared, same with GoT, three massive fantasy epic storylines ending in the same year. Kind of remarkable, really.

Even if Endgame is amazing, I will still feel a little sad that it will probably be accepted by fandom and the general public and critics without much drama largely because there is a clearer set of expectations going in, while IX will probably inspire chaos and vitriol. (I say this as someone who already has an Endgame ticket for Saturday).
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Tue 23 Apr 2019, 11:55 am

What saddens me now is how there's no one batting an eye on fans' enthusiasm for that franchise, while at the same time, when you show enthusiasm for SW, people regularly feel entitled to post salty remarks how it's stupid and childish and silly, even insulting young fans for having expectations and joy (it happens on the film forum in my native language, the difference in attitudes on these two topics is quite striking).
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Tue 23 Apr 2019, 12:30 pm

I also find it frustrating that Marvel fans act as if their franchise was so much better planned than SW, think it follows some genius masterplan, and built up a great villain over 10 years when a) there have been changes, retcons and some inconsistencies and b) the films are only loosely connected, with a few crumbs of the overarching storyline randomly scattered in some of the movies. We barely saw Thanos before Infinity War and only then learned his background story and motivation (you don't even need to see any of the previous films to understand the story). Don't get me wrong, I liked Infinity War and am looking forward to seeing Endgame, but the setup of the MCU is pretty simple and not as genius and complex as fans pretend.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 23 Apr 2019, 5:38 pm

When you hear Kylo comin to steal your girl Laughing Laughing

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Tumblr_pqfk8ber131vubvjb_400
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 23 Apr 2019, 6:34 pm

Huh so next month's cover issue of Vanity Fair is out, but it's not about the ST per the last two installments but instead a profile of Nicole Kidman. Not that they've been up to the level of the writing Rolling Stone did for the OT (Carrie's interviews are a classic & the hill I'll die on for influencing Rey & Ben's relationship), but that's still interesting. It was a pretty terrible issue last time around with the high school yearbook photos and the whole meltdown over what Rian did or did not say about romance. But still, maybe it's being held back for later in the Summer when the SDCC panel happens or closer to release date.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 23 Apr 2019, 7:55 pm

@snufkin I believe the TFA and TLJ ones were in late May/early June. Here's TLJ dated May 24, 2017. So probably next month. https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-cover-portfolio
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 23 Apr 2019, 9:40 pm

snufkin wrote:Huh so next month's cover issue of Vanity Fair is out, but it's not about the ST per the last two installments but instead a profile of Nicole Kidman. Not that they've been up to the level of the writing Rolling Stone did for the OT (Carrie's interviews are a classic & the hill I'll die on for influencing Rey & Ben's relationship), but that's still interesting. It was a pretty terrible issue last time around with the high school yearbook photos and the whole meltdown over what Rian did or did not say about romance. But still, maybe it's being held back for later in the Summer when the SDCC panel happens or closer to release date.
@snufkin

Outside chance, but maybe they have ditched VF? Annie Leibowitz is not the only person in the world who can take a picture. In fact, given the fact that the Old Guard is basically gone, it actually might be a good idea to get a new set of eyes behind the camera to reflect the new generation.

Also, when the director of the movie has to do damage control with an actual transcript of the interview within 24 hours of the magazine being released ... maybe the LF producers aren't so in love with the VF exclusivity tradition anymore.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 23 Apr 2019, 11:02 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
snufkin wrote:Huh so next month's cover issue of Vanity Fair is out, but it's not about the ST per the last two installments but instead a profile of Nicole Kidman. Not that they've been up to the level of the writing Rolling Stone did for the OT (Carrie's interviews are a classic & the hill I'll die on for influencing Rey & Ben's relationship), but that's still interesting. It was a pretty terrible issue last time around with the high school yearbook photos and the whole meltdown over what Rian did or did not say about romance. But still, maybe it's being held back for later in the Summer when the SDCC panel happens or closer to release date.
@snufkin

Outside chance, but maybe they have ditched VF? Annie Leibowitz is not the only person in the world who can take a picture. In fact, given the fact that the Old Guard is basically gone, it actually might be a good idea to get a new set of eyes behind the camera to reflect the new generation.

Also, when the director of the movie has to do damage control with an actual transcript of the interview within 24 hours of the magazine being released ... maybe the LF producers aren't so in love with the VF exclusivity tradition anymore.
@SoloSideCousin

Vanity Fair got that relationship via Leibowitz because Rolling Stone had her do the photos for the original OT cover stories thanks to both it and LF being based in San Francisco. I'll just keep repeating what I've always said, but those cover stories actually sold you on wanting to see the movie. Leibowitz was just the person who took the photos to go with them and when the PT started up, the relationship rolled over to Vanity Fair and David Kamp started writing the articles because he had a long-standing relationship with Graydon Carter. The PT era photos were certainly beautiful in terms of showing how Lucas wanted to sell something on an operatic scale as a spectacle. But their issue for TLJ was terrible - nothing about Carrie (or Hell, the impact of KK's leadership of LF or Daisy's experiences taking on the mantle), an in-depth interview with Mark which was essentially fanboy fawning, and those photos which looked like my Middle School class photo day. I get that too far out, you can't reveal too much information and spoil the surprise. But the point of the original RS issues was that I remember reading them (especially Carrie's interviews) and would then be practically vibrating with excitement about getting to see the movie. Which none of these issues were coy or played Mystery Box. However if we get anything from this next issue like they did for TLJ, LF should've just ditched VF and gone with another Conde Nast publication like Vogue or just waited again until the fall for the Rolling Stone cover.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 23 Apr 2019, 11:05 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Tumblr_pqdddy8KEy1y8hadgo1_540

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Tumblr15

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Tumblr16
@spacebaby45678

Thank you for sharing this, and @Riri - kick a**!!!!! Very Happy I love you
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 24 Apr 2019, 2:21 am

Referring to everyone's comments on Marvel movies, I contribute to CBR resources forums, they have a SW thread and there are still negative comments about TLJ two years on, and I got a lot of flak for saying negative things about Thor Ragnarok, which is universally loved and adored! Problem is, you have to be very careful how you defend yourself because not only can you be banned from that forum for offending someone, but also for standing up to those who offend you. So I rarely contribute to the SW thread these days on there, even if some of the comments regarding TLJ make my blood boil.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 24 Apr 2019, 6:12 am

Forsythia wrote:I also find it frustrating that Marvel fans act as if their franchise was so much better planned than SW, think it follows some genius masterplan, and built up a great villain over 10 years when a) there have been changes, retcons and some inconsistencies and b) the films are only loosely connected, with a few crumbs of the overarching storyline randomly scattered in some of the movies. We barely saw Thanos before Infinity War and only then learned his background story and motivation (you don't even need to see any of the previous films to understand the story). Don't get me wrong, I liked Infinity War and am looking forward to seeing Endgame, but the setup of the MCU is pretty simple and not as genius and complex as fans pretend.
@Forsythia

Absolutely agree, I also can't understand LFL's strategy, they're so hell-bent on keeping secret and misleading marketing campaigns, while Marvel studio let people leaked and spoiled Endgame 1 year ago, such as this leaker https://mobile.twitter.com/RogerWardell, he even leaked Endgame plot and future characters of phase 4 in December 2018, the studio didn't give a flying f*** and now Endgame is still making billions in every territory.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 24 Apr 2019, 10:25 am

If there is one thing I find irritating it's Marvel seem to have this attitude that whatever they make will automatically be both a huge success financially, and get top reviews as well. Because - gasp - it's Marvel.
I am a comic book nut. Some of Marvel movies are excellent. The Captain America trilogy were my favourites, but I also like the first Iron Man and Avengers movies plus the first Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy. But I found Age of Ultron a disappointment, didn't like the direction they took Thor in, and frankly got tired of everything being presented as comedy.
This is purely my opinion, of course. But it gets me mad how many people still rubbish TLJ yet seem to think Marvel can do no wrong.
I'm truly fed up of TLJ hate. I think it will eventually be seen as the best SW film, because it broke new ground.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 24 Apr 2019, 12:23 pm

I can’t believe Michael Walsh, creator of the TLJ comic ? ahah

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Tumblr_inline_p7ro4iKR5I1um03lu_500

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Tumblr_inline_p7ro4iCJKI1um03lu_500

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 24 Apr 2019, 12:28 pm

Whenever creators join in the fun it warms my heart.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 24 Apr 2019, 1:07 pm

Just found this about Vanity fair shoot - tweet is in link - will post link as there’s an F bomb in it . My heart!:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/bgxucr/interesting/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 24 Apr 2019, 1:08 pm

When are they going to release the issue? I am a subscriber so I always get the digital first.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 24 Apr 2019, 1:23 pm

@Birdwoman
Must be May’s addition right ? Can not wait now .
This tweeter sounds excited - says her girl wept .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Wed 24 Apr 2019, 1:25 pm

That can mean a lot of things. I really hope Daisy and Adam get a photo shoot together, as it’s been a long time coming.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 24 Apr 2019, 2:10 pm

They'd better deliver finally epic photoshoot. I disliked two previous, they definitely weren't selling characters at all.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 24 Apr 2019, 2:21 pm

Maybe we'll finally get our big Reylo photoshoot after the movie is already out because somehow I doubt they're ready to throw us that bone right now.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 24 Apr 2019, 2:28 pm

@AhsokaTano The previous movies were the June editions, so released in just about a month. That also gives it some distance from Avengers, which is dominating the entire media, so TROS can have more attention for itself when the time comes.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 24 Apr 2019, 3:28 pm

Okay I tried to look at the Twitter of the person teasing the VF shoot but unfortunately all the tweets are protected. On the bright side, her header reminded me of "I can see you're upset about this, Anne." Now I'm trying not to cackle at work. Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Wed 24 Apr 2019, 3:32 pm

I messaged the original poster and they said their source knows she’s a reylo and Kylo fan and told her she would love the shoot.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 24 Apr 2019, 3:55 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:I messaged the original poster and they said their source knows she’s a reylo and Kylo fan and told her she would love the shoot.
@Lovely_Rose

Ahh! I don't want to get too excited, because they probably will only do the trio photoshoot and Kylo by himself but here's hoping we get at least one pic of Daisy and Adam in the same frame. I can't believe we've never had anything of just the two of them in 4 years. Crazy.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next